Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I was thinking about this & wanted to put it out here. Concerning the alternates on both trials state they would've voted for death. How lucky for the killer, both times that alternates weren't chosen. The odds of this astound me. How could she be so fortunate in both trials that alternates would have voted for DP & they weren't chosen? What does this mean?
I know because I thought of it,too. I don't know what it means, but many people believe that things in life happen for a reason. I'm not saying I believe in the philosophy myself,though. But no DP means no automatic appeal and I don't think we'll hear about her in the press much. As others here have stated,she won't have the anti DP advocates in her corner and giving her any publicity. We all know how JA thrives on attention.Maybe it's a blessing in disguise. JMO

I just can't believe it was missed by JM and the court, a simple search would have uncovered it, I mean if old ladies on Twitter could manage it in a couple of hours, surely the court / prosecutors office could have done the same. Let's see, you're re-trialing the penalty phase in a high profile case, one of the jurors who has made the short cut was married to a guy who was involved in violent crime and prosecuted in the same county this case is being tried in, there is a possibility of stealth jurors trying to join the final 12 in the hope of making a quick buck, so let's have a quick look and make sure she's telling the truth and her husband wasn't prosecuted by Juan, or adjudicated by JSS or Nurmi wasn't his lawyer at the time or something, just in case she's lying. It's pretty embarrassing.

We still don't know that they didn't. We don't know if they know more than we web sleuths do, questioned her about it, and accepted her answers. We can jump to all kinds of conclusions, but we didn't even see the trial much less in-chambers meetings with the judge, lawyers and #17 present. Heck, I'm still not sure if they wanted to talk to #17 because Dr. Drew Tweeted a teaser about having #17 on his show that night.

Hi! I was thinking about this & wanted to put it out here. Concerning the alternates on both trials state they would've voted for death. How lucky for the killer, both times that alternates weren't chosen. The odds of this astound me. How could she be so fortunate in both trials that alternates would have voted for DP & they weren't chosen? What does this mean?
I know because I thought of it,too. I don't know what it means, but many people believe that things in life happen for a reason. I'm not saying I believe in the philosophy myself,though. But no DP means no automatic appeal and I don't think we'll hear about her in the press much. As others here have stated,she won't have the anti DP advocates in her corner and giving her any publicity. We all know how JA thrives on attention.Maybe it's a blessing in disguise. JMO

I had to know if the list was still there and it is. One would think they would have removed the list of jurors off their website by now with all of the hoola surrounding the illegal publishing of the names. Not very bright over there are they?

The guy who posted it lives out of the country, he's untouchable so he's not gonna get in trouble for it. I believe what the county attorney's office will be concerned about is who leaked the list and taking names down at this point doesn't change a thing As far as that goes. They already know the list was leaked and are investigating.

Given that groups history over there, I'm not the least bit surprised they haven't taken the list down.

The husband opened the door to a reporter with a cameraperson along filming. Rather than a simple "no comment", the husband provided some self-serving answers to questions. The video above with the husband bantering in a bar after winning a trophy does not show a shy guy who doesn't enjoy attention imo. I can definitely imagine him working the no-verdict angles to best advantage.

The ex husband has an extensive page on My Space. Not shy either......

did anyone actually see an interview this morning GMA? at this point it would be somewhere and it is just not there...could it be on tomorrow?

Does anyone feel JA will try to appeal? What if she did get a new trial? What are the chances she would get another hung jury with this one sooooo close to DP?

The website for JA has been begging for money since the first trial, for appeals (they say.) I understood if a DP sentence the State of AZ had to pay for appeals but with a life sentence does AZ still pay for the appeals? Is there a limit to appeals for a life sentence. I know a DP appeals process can go on for years and years.

This article says Jodi is at Estrella while she testifies in a civil suit. Anyone know what the suit is about?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/07/jodi-arias-juror-security_n_6822628.html

Maybe the wrongful death suit by the Alexanders?

I can't find out anything about the civil case either. It is not a wrongful death suit by the Alexander family. It appears to have something to do with Cassandra Collins the former cellmate of JA that had her 15 minutes of fame. Collins went on the media rounds stating things JA had said to her when they were cellmates.
JA will not be transported to Perryville until after she testifies in a civil suit. So she will continue to sit in Estrella even after sentencing.:gaah:

Can anyone explain this?

3/4/2015 012 - ME: Trial - Party (001) 3/4/2015 3/4/2015 023 - ME: Order Entered By Court - Party (001) 3/4/2015 3/4/2015 ALT - Appeals Letter Of Transmittal - Party (001) 3/6/2015 NOTE: MANDATE & OPINION3/4/2015 MAN - Order Of Mandate - Party (001) 3/6/2015 NOTE: JURISDICTION ACCEPTED AND RELIEF GRANTED __________________
Is this definitely related to Arias? Maybe Nurmi hasn't fully applied the brakes. Either way, we all know she's going to file appeals. I don't think a single one of them will be successful.

We still don't know that they didn't. We don't know if they know more than we web sleuths do, questioned her about it, and accepted her answers. We can jump to all kinds of conclusions, but we didn't even see the trial much less in-chambers meetings with the judge, lawyers and #17 present. Heck, I'm still not sure if they wanted to talk to #17 because Dr. Drew Tweeted a teaser about having #17 on his show that night.

the most simple search brings up mugshots...okay i know it is there so people pay money to take it down etc. but i have found some relatives on their and sure enough the information is correct...in the case of Jason...husband of 17...that is a long history and had the prosecution looked at the man she lives with they o doubt would have been concerned...they could not have been that desperate for a juror. I am just not understanding this at all and I can imagine the Alexanders are asking some questions themselves...

The guy who posted it lives out of the country, he's untouchable so he's not gonna get in trouble for it. I believe what the county attorney's office will be concerned about is who leaked the list and taking names down at this point doesn't change a thing As far as that goes. They already know the list was leaked and are investigating.

Given that groups history over there, I'm not the least bit surprised they haven't taken the list down.

Thanks, that explains a lot.

a simple search of the juror 17 and the state could see her husband has a serious history as well as what she did tell them....they missed this plain and simple.....even JM and his office miss things. and yes in the world we are living in they need to scour social media of the jurors in advance of empaneling the final jury.

I think so, too. But I don't know logistically how that would work - they bring in a number into the courtroom from the pool ( in my county a couple of hundred in pool) they bring in 24 at a time. The DA and the DT can question each juror as well as the judge. If they don't excuse for cause and if neither attorney uses a strike - that juror is "seated" and once they have 12 - they usually begin opening arguments. I think it would take hours if not days to research every SM site for even those 24 potentials. Courts are already behind and always trying to move trials along that have taken (often) years to get to that point. Anyone have any ideas of how this could work?

I have never visited the site JAII, but I just read over on realitychatter that the guy that runs this site is the same one that ran the CAII site? Can that be true? If so, what a racket. Who gets the money?

Can anyone explain this?

3/4/2015 012 - ME: Trial - Party (001) 3/4/2015 3/4/2015 023 - ME: Order Entered By Court - Party (001) 3/4/2015 3/4/2015 ALT - Appeals Letter Of Transmittal - Party (001) 3/6/2015 NOTE: MANDATE & OPINION3/4/2015 MAN - Order Of Mandate - Party (001) 3/6/2015 NOTE: JURISDICTION ACCEPTED AND RELIEF GRANTED __________________

Wow, that's puzzling!:thinking:

I have never visited the site JAII, but I just read over on realitychatter that the guy that runs this site is the same one that ran the CAII site? Can that be true? If so, what a racket. Who gets the money?
Exactly. He uses these cases to get money. He asks for support, and probably pockets all or some of the money. JA had a fit about it when her 'support' group split, and she wanted the money to go to her family and this guy was still collecting in her name. If I read everything correctly her family never saw a dime from this guy. That's how I understand it, I could be wrong, but that's how I read it.

It would be nice to know if the person who posted the list can't take it down because they are sitting in jail right now.
Could be, I guess.

Good point. Maybe the account was 'frozen' by L.E. I wouldn't think L.E. would want it sitting up there though.

The owner of that website is a UK citizen living elsewhere (Sweden or Switzerland??), supposedly to escape prosecution in UK for some kind of fraud scheme(s). I'm guessing the website is registered overseas too, so it may just be that he feels no one can touch him.

The civil suit is between JA and Casandra Collins - JA's ex roomie @ Estrella who has been declared incompetent to stand trial in the past due to mental issues, IIRC. That examiner.com article mentions it, saying it's Collins suing JA for harassment. She has sued others IIRC , including Jen/Trial Dairies recently, for supposed online harassment by Jen that no one but she can see. Not sure about the AZ laws on vexatious litigants, but from what I've seen this person should qualify. I have a feeling every LE agency in or around her is on her speed dial & recognizes her name immediately. She brags about 'knowing' FBI and local people who she considers friends and frequently goes "off" on twitter with some paranoid sounding rants. They will not hold JA @ Estrella waiting for it, if it's not heard while JA awaits sentencing. The DOC can transport her from Perryville for the hearing, if necessary, but since JA's ability to 'harass' anyone is about to be severely restricted, I would imagine it will go away on it's own?

IIRC someone asked about a comment on that site from 2013 - they thought it may have been J#17 - I never saw if that was investigated or not.

I looked into that and all I've found that people were referring to was a comment made by somebody posting under the same first name as juror 17. I think people are so anxious to find dirt on this juror that they're taking great leaps when they find something like this. Then it spreads like wildfire.

That's why I am glad the county attorney's office has launched an official investigation. If there's anything to find, I'm confident they will find it. Plus they have access to a lot more resources than we do they can subpoena websites etc. have access to IP addresses they will do a thorough investigation.

the most simple search brings up mugshots...okay i know it is there so people pay money to take it down etc. but i have found some relatives on their and sure enough the information is correct...in the case of Jason...husband of 17...that is a long history and had the prosecution looked at the man she lives with they o doubt would have been concerned...they could not have been that desperate for a juror. I am just not understanding this at all and I can imagine the Alexanders are asking some questions themselves...

Yes, I understand that. What I'm saying is that we don't know whether they looked or not. We don't know because there has been no official word other than "we are investigating" yet.

King Jordan Radio Welcomes a Dream Team to discuss the Jodi Arias trial and other legal news. Beth Karas, an icon in the business formally With Court TV, HLN ,& CNN, is currently in Phoenix covering Jodi Arias. Seattle defense attorney Anne Bremner worked on The Amanda Knox Trial. Dwane Cates is an Arizona defense attorney often seen on HLN. All will bring their wisdom and add to the conversation as we break down the leading legal News

www.blogtalkradio.com/jordan-king/2015/03/06/anne-bremnerbeth-karas-dwane-cates-on-jodi-arias

"lynch mob mentality"????

"the pitchforks and torches" people????

I think so, too. But I don't know logistically how that would work - they bring in a number into the courtroom from the pool ( in my county a couple of hundred in pool) they bring in 24 at a time. The DA and the DT can question each juror as well as the judge. If they don't excuse for cause and if neither attorney uses a strike - that juror is "seated" and once they have 12 - they usually begin opening arguments. I think it would take hours if not days to research every SM site for even those 24 potentials. Courts are already behind and always trying to move trials along that have taken (often) years to get to that point. Anyone have any ideas of how this could work?

Yes i am sure it is not easy...not sure does the state have a "jury consultant"? maybe just defense due to budget? It appears from reports from those that saw the process she mentioned first husband and criminal past (I know not everything) and also some domestic abuse...two red flags. I really need to hear more from the jurors as to juror 17's behavior day after day for the last five months...did she join them for lunch...did she mention things to them along the way...they seemed to say that she was watching news etc...did the movie come up...just don't know much prior to the deliberation. I wonder with everything going on if they have been cautioned not to say any more at this point during whatever investigation is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blondeboricua