DNA Doe Project - General Discussion #3

Interestingly, the spreadsheet lists Franklin Co John Doe 2006 as solved but not announced

Interestingly, the spreadsheet lists Franklin Co John Doe 2006 as solved but not announced
A lot of cases on the map aren't updated either, it might still be an early implementation, many are still listed as active despite being solved

A lot of cases on the map aren't updated either, it might still be an early implementation, many are still listed as active despite being solved
Yes, St Tammany John Doe is also listed as in Active research in the table

I like how the new dashboard shows how many hours volunteers work each week, it looks like it is updated in real time, it is already showing a few hour for this started today

Sorry I was wrong, Leo Jane Doe actually DOES seem to be the Nashville woman, I had misread the page

I created a thread for one of the Frisco’s cases

Not that I understand what happened but today Franklin County John Doe 2006 [aka Randy Raines] was moved from Solved to Active cases on the Dashboard spreadsheet. A bit strange, probably the DDP was not notified about upcoming announcement and they decided to move the case to Active

Randy Raines page was updated, he was originally from Indiana.
The spreadsheet was updated as well, he moved to Success stories.

St Tammany Parish John Doe and Saginaw County John Doe can also be moved to Success Stories :)

Frisco John Doe 1988 moved to Active research,
I created a thread for him

Was it mentioned here that New Buffalo Jane Doe 1988 and New Brighton Jane Doe 2000 are now in active research (I have just noticed it on the dashboard)?

Last edited:
The genealogical research showed that New Buffalo Jane Doe 1988 was African American and not Caucasian, as it was thought previously

I have found three other Does in the Active cases on the Dashboard which were solved and announced and can move to the solved cases :) : Bedford NH Jane Doe 1971, Carson City Jane Doe 2016 NV and Lake Michigan Jane Doe 1997

I found one more solved case on the dashboard Rock Co John Doe 1981 MN was identified as Louis Anthony Gattaino in December 2022.

Also really looking forward to Matched Data update, it was last updated on March 28, 2023

Actually there are two cases which appear as active on dashboard but were publicly identified and can be moved to success: Rock Co John Doe 1981 MN and Hardin Co John Doe 2006 KY

I have just noticed that the excel spreadsheet was updated (not on the dashboard but the old one), two Does have new highest numbers:
1. Berrien County Jane Doe MI (“Betty the Bag lady”) has a new highest match of cM 131.7 (before was 68.1)
2. Trabuco Canyon John Doe (CA) a new highest match of cM 109, prior was cM 68.3

A few new Does were added to the spreadsheet:

1.Limberlost Park John Doe 2008 (AZ) with cM 96 (I am not sure if it is a coincidence or error by the previous Doe also has cM 96 and exact number of matches 21)
2. Missouri Street John Doe 2004 (AZ) - cM193.3
3. New Brighton Jane Doe 2000 (MN) - cM 158.4

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member