DNA Doe Project - General Discussion #3

According to his thread, Hill Building John Doe 1985 was tentatively identified and the comparison with a family member is pending

Seems Othram just had a solve very similar to Joseph Henry Loveless back in 2019. A woman who was found in Ventura County in 1985 was identified as a woman who died in 1915. I remember writing that page a few years back and there was nothing that really indicated such an old death.

The DDP made an update in Lincoln County Rail Car John Doe case

“DNA Doe Project have discovered that John Doe had recent ancestors from St. Landry Parish in Louisiana, while he himself may have been from Texas.

“Although we now know that the Doe has ancestors from Louisiana, it seems that multiple branches of his family moved to parts of Texas such as Houston and Beaumont,” said team leader Jennifer Randolph. “It’s possible that he grew up in Texas, and he may still have living family in Houston and/or Beaumont.”

The DNA Doe Project’s research has not revealed any genealogical link to Nebraska, but a clue found with John Doe’s remains points to his having lived in California prior to his death – a packet of cigarettes labeled with a California tax stamp.”

a

Reactions: ?!?
I can’t find the thread on websleuth for Turkey Point John Doe 1998 Lancaster, PA. His Namus was recently updated and now he is listed as Afro-American.

Kenosha John Doe’s Namus is down! I really hope this man was identified, it is one of the oldest DDP’s cases! I am amazed he and Grundy County Jane Doe were both identified (the DDP was working on both cases for around 4-5 years.

There are so many cases now where Namus was removed, I will update the list later

Last edited:
Updated list of cases where Namus was removed:

The first one Peter Kalama Jane Doe’s Namus was removed in December 2022 and the last last week.

1. Peter Kalama Ln Jane Doe 2013 (WA)

2. Travis County John Doe 2021 (TX)

3. LaVergne Jane Doe 2007 (TN)

4. Slaughter Creek Jane Doe 2020, Travis County, (TX)

5. Florence Junction Clandestine Grave Jane Doe 1988

6. Naylor Road John Doe (Washington D.C.) 2020

7. Grundy County Jane Doe (IL)

8. Kenosha John Doe, WI

Also according to his thread, Hill Building John Doe has been tentatively identified

Updated list of cases where Namus was removed:

The first one Peter Kalama Jane Doe’s Namus was removed in December 2022 and the last last week.

1. Peter Kalama Ln Jane Doe 2013 (WA)

2. Travis County John Doe 2021 (TX)

3. LaVergne Jane Doe 2007 (TN)

4. Slaughter Creek Jane Doe 2020, Travis County, (TX)

5. Florence Junction Clandestine Grave Jane Doe 1988

6. Naylor Road John Doe (Washington D.C.) 2020

7. Grundy County Jane Doe (IL)

8. Kenosha John Doe, WI

Also according to his thread, Hill Building John Doe has been tentatively identified

Thank you for the updated list.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kolse
Back