does JB really think he can get an acquittal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are enough jurors that don't have a problem with the death penalty that I'm not very worried about #3016 if he stays on the jury (but I think the state will strike him)... It doesn't have to be all of them that recommend it for her to still get it.

I do not believe that the DT thinks they will get an acquittal.. I think they are just trying to keep her off of Death Row.

I totally agree with you and have posted that in other threads. What I think has been going on with ICA is the slow realization her DT (JB particularly) have lead her down a garden path. She cannot sit there day after day and hear PJ after PJ say she's guilty and hearing the harshness of the charges without some level of realization of just how bad this is for her. I don't think they have ever actually believed they could get her off, and have always believed their plan was simply to save her life, as they have said repeatedly. ICA has come face to face with the ugly reality her DT is using her just as she has used them. Not a good place to be in my mind.

"This is the only aspect of the case that makes me wonder if CMA did drown and those calls to parents were in panic and when she could not reach them -- the rest is history."
====================================================

I had wondered about that too. However if a child was pulled from a swimming pool and one was concerned enough to call their mom, wouldnt they also call 911? If she were willing to tell her parents what happened, then why hide it from them?

I think it is more likely she was calling mom to make sure she was still at work, and not about to pop back home. imoo

JB has been betting on prosecutorial misconduct, jmo.

If that doesn't happen...LKB was on HLN earlier today saying that sometimes children just die in someone's presence, without explanation. That along with ugly coping & fear of parents seems to be the way the defense is posturing. Again, jmo.

At least one juror I am betting has seen LKB say that was a lie. Even if they haven't admitted to it during voir dire. It may just be in the back of their memory somehow, however, it will come shooting forward if they hear the "Zanny the Nanny" story.

IMHO, the Zanny story would be folly.

There is nothing they can say that wouldn't be folly with the exception of claiming it an accident, for this KC needs to take the stand, I think that would be a mistake too as she is virtually uncontrollable.

The defense are not in a position of strength by any means, she should have taken the 10 year plea deal - 5 years off for good behavior. She would have served 3 so far and out in another 2. Instead she hasn't even got to trial and she is facing the death penalty.

Her defense team is to blame for this circus. IMHO

"This is the only aspect of the case that makes me wonder if CMA did drown and those calls to parents were in panic and when she could not reach them -- the rest is history."

I had wondered about that too. However if a child was pulled from a swimming pool and one was concerned enough to call their mom, wouldnt they also call 911? If she were willing to tell her parents what happened, then why hide it from them?

I think it is more likely she was calling mom to make sure she was still at work, and not about to pop back home. imoo

But then that pesky duct tape gets in the way again doesn't it!

Yes -- I never thought of that -- hoping everything eventually comes out in court!!

I don't see ICA getting the death penalty........I think it will be lwop at best.......
I won't rest easy till the verdict is read..............
As wrong as it is, young and "pretty" will go in her favor......

I disagree Bon. IMO, this jury makeup will be mature enough to realize that "pretty is as pretty does", that it's not about being "pretty" on the outside if you have an ugly heart on the inside, all at the expense of an innocent 2 yr. old that happened to be born to such a creature.

I believe the only thing the DT is attempting to do at this point is to keep her alive. I have mixed feelings about the DP and I believe that may be true of a few jurors also but it could happen, depending on what comes out at trial, testified to by whom and how much of an impact it will have on them (the jury).

As far as an acquittal, I think that's a stretch but, we've seen it happen before in high profile cases. Do I think the DT expects it? I think not.

No. No way no how. At this point, I believe they are just trying to save her life, as are her parents.

I also believe her parents as well as EVERY member of her defense team know what she did, and know she is guilty.

AF has pretty much said for the past 2 weeks, "Yeah, we know she is guilty, but there are good reasons for it." (My words, not hers)

:gavel:

But then that pesky duct tape gets in the way again doesn't it!

Exactly! There is no getting around that rare duct tape! They may say she did that to stage some sort of kidnapping... because she panicked... but why three strips of duct tape? Three strips of LONG duct tape... for a babies face they were long. No way they can explain three... possibly even four pieces of duct tape on Caylee's remains. One they might have been able to squeeze a little reasonable doubt in there... but not three. Not to mention that Caylee, imo, was placed in the "Big Trouble Comes in Small Packages" T-shirt... which I believe was purposely done. She was punishing Caylee for something. She was silencing her for good. That and Casey hated Cindy more than she loved Caylee!

I think that at this point the DT is just trying to save her life. Based upon what I know right now I would find her guilty and would have no problem with the death penalty. It would take an extremely huge and very believable AHA to convince me that she isn't guilty and barring that AHA there would be no mitigating factor that would excuse her for what she has done.

I went out for lunch today in Seminole County, which is right next to Orange County, and there were four ladies at the table next to me discussing the case. They were saying that they think she is guilty but based on the evidence would not be able to convict because there were too many things that just didn't fit. Frankly I was shocked. I wanted to ask them what they meant but then they would know I was listening in. :blushing:

I went out for lunch today in Seminole County, which is right next to Orange County, and there were four ladies at the table next to me discussing the case. They were saying that they think she is guilty but based on the evidence would not be able to convict because there were too many things that just didn't fit. Frankly I was shocked. I wanted to ask them what they meant but then they would know I was listening in. :blushing:

Oh, I would have jumped in and told them to join Webslueths. They obviously have not been following the case like we have. I am sure they do not even know about all the Frye evidence being allowed in.

I'm bold like that though. I would have jumped right in. :floorlaugh:

Oh, I forgot to tell everyone. Monday, when I was at work (had to leave early... really sick) and I talked to a defense attorney who said that Casey would be convicted of 1st degree murder. He said it is a losing case for the defense and that he kind of felt bad for the defense for having to defend a defenseless client.

Then it's obvious they haven't been paying attention to the information that's out there.......it's that way all over. People get little tidbits here and there and don't know the whole story. Thankfully, this jury won't be in that position and will have the story before they deliberate.

We won't know until it unravels. However, at the end of the day, most of it seems totally circumstantial. If the jurors follow their orders and not their hearts she will get off.

Nothing actually ties her to the body.

We won't know until it unravels. However, at the end of the day, most of it seems totally circumstantial. If the jurors follow their orders and not their hearts she will get off.

Can you send this to AF so she can stop asking about mercy?

Oh I agree. I believe they are listening to snippets of local news and don't see the whole picture. I have every confidence that the prosecution is going to lay it out and a clear picture will emerge. The prosecution will connect the dots IMO.

Most murder cases ARE circumstantial. Rarely are there murders where there is a witness, video, etc... It is a preponderance of the evidence.

Scott Peterson - Prime example. Nobody saw him kill Lacy.

Most murder cases ARE circumstantial. Rarely are there murders where there is a witness, video, etc... It is a preponderance of the evidence.

Scott Peterson - Prime example. Nobody saw him kill Lacy.

True, but circumstantial equals equital. Hence the heart remark.

Really? Decomp in the trunk of HER car, the hair banding and the 31 days doesn't do it for you? It did for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus