Dozens Hold Memorial At Caylee Remains Site

If I was in Florida, I would be at the memorial with RG and LP.
I wouldn't support the media drama that Cindy has orchestrated. I would have missed Lee's unaccountablly weird cryptic speech, and the pleas for love and letters for KC. That would have ticked me off.
Unfortunately I would have also missed Georges' wonderfully heartfelt memories of Caylee. Something that would have been nice, had the other members of the family felt compelled to do.
I don't understand the logic of banning people at a memorial for a murdered child. Security being tight, there was no way someone was going to do harm to the Anthony's I felt that was being ridiculous. Would Mark Klass have disrupted the memorial? Jesse Grund- who was to all intents and purposes Caylee's father for a year of her life. Think about him- poor JG- to be denied attendance at a memorial for someone he treated as his own daughter?
How sad is that?
LP provided an alternative for people to come and grieve. People who were on the banned list, had a place to grieve. People who were turned away for whatever reason, had a place to grieve with like minded people.
I don't find it disgusting, or weird. If you chose to decide who attends a memorial, then you have to expect, they may have their own memorial elsewhere.
People coming to pay their respects, to mourn to grieve, who were maybe not as close to the family, whofelt uncomfortable being in the A's
spotlight, who respectfully said goodbye to Caylee, in their own way.

I understand why people think it isn't okay for LP to hold this memorial. I, on the other hand thought the first memorial LP was having was inappropriate, because she hadn't been found yet. LP doesn't bother me. He's one of the few who spent time with this family and didn't drink the Kool-Aid. This memorial I thought was okay. I think it is a horrible thing that anyone be turned away from a church. It isn't like the protesting continued after Caylee was found (to my knowledge, at least). And the protesting started in the first place because KC was out, not helping to find Caylee and knew where she was and wouldn't tell. I believe all the protesters wanted was a proper burial for this poor sweet baby and have a hard time believing that anyone who would stand out in Florida heat to beg respect for this child would disrupt her service (even the ones who were only there to be on TV). I am glad that the people on the list had a place to go and be with others to honor Caylee.

According to news reports, there were somewhere between 50-100 people at the Suburban prayer service this morning, who, for whatever reason, chose not to attend the church memorial.

No one was turned away, no one was there to protest, and by all accounts the gathering was very respectful. I have no problem with a bunch of people joining together to pray for the repose of little Caylee, whether they're in a big fancy church or standing at the side of a back road.

If these folks had chosen to get together at another time, they be accused of being in it for media attention. Since they did it at the same time as the church service, they're being accused of doing it to get media attention. Catch 22.

--------------------
I am sure both services were beautiful in their own way.To me, that is what counts.Given a choice I would have gone to the one on Suburban,why? I would have felt closer to Caylee and God ~ yes rather than a church.Her little body ly there for so long.It really doesn't matter where one chose to go the main thing is remembering Caylee.I find myself wondering when the actual funeral will take place.I hope people have sense enough to leave them alone.If it takes place.They may decide to keep her at home.Sweet Baby we love you.

so where is this "banned list" LP has spoke so much about ??

IIRC....LP said TM was on it too.....Yet TM says he was not on any "banned list".

Maybe LP speaking in "code" ???........ "banned list" = "TV time"

Respectfully, Dot, you seem to be cross-posting this on several threads. I think once would be enough. :blowkiss:

Why would he? The more he can pack into the big top, the better for him. He doesn't need to grieve in peace, he just needs to keep the camera on him. Cha-ching.

I do not feel that these derogatory remarks about LP belong on a public forum.

I appreciate his efforts to locate Caylee, and respect his concern for her
loss of life.

His intentions were good, and I think he was very concerned, sincerly.:blowkiss:

Isn't it wonderful that we each have an opinion and the privilege of coming onto someone's forum and expressing them in public?

Why would he? The more he can pack into the big top, the better for him. He doesn't need to grieve in peace, he just needs to keep the camera on him. Cha-ching.

That's baloney, and you know it. "Cha-ching?" Right. :rolleyes:

Like when he put up 500,000 bucks for KC!

I believe LP did the right thing giving a venue to grieve for those banned from the Cindy show. Had I been close enough I would have gone to the one where Caylee's body lay so long alone without all the pretty flowers, candles, and beautiful songs. I would have felt closer to her that way - it would have been more real.

My opinion only

Respectfully, Dot, you seem to be cross-posting this on several threads. I think once would be enough. :blowkiss:

respectfully, I posted this on TWO threads, both about this 'list' that TM was also *supposed* to be on.

TM has said he was on no such list.....same thing another poster said in # 56.

I was not the one who referenced any "list" on national TV......:innocent:

respectfully, I posted this on TWO threads, both about this 'list' that TM was also *supposed* to be on.

TM has said he was on no such list.....same thing another poster said in # 56.

I was not the one who referenced any "list" on national TV......:innocent:

And there was a list, 3 pages with peoples pictures to go along with their names as and people were checked before they went through the metal detectors as per a reporter that went and was checked and saw "the list"

And there was a list, 3 pages with peoples pictures to go along with their names as and people were checked before they went through the metal detectors as per a reporter that went and was checked and saw "the list"

Adding : Several local stations reported having a copy of "the black list" one station stated there were also 5 reporters that made the list .

I hope with the memorials over the press will move on and the "drama" from the Anthonys will stop. Now my two cents.
What Padilla had by the water was not a memorial it was a gathering of hope and to bring the spotlight back to Caylee. As for the dueling memorials I think that having them both were good. Cindy had her show, George had his closure....and to have a banned list was Cindys way of punishing people and reporters who did not "toe the line". The memorial was and should of been for Caylee for the family to use it as a agenda for the support of their daughter was wrong but then I don't know how it feels to be in their shoes. I also think that most showed up to support George Anthony. And I say to him as a Christian I can forgive and have compassion but I can;t forget and want justice to be done. I'm trying to step back and go with "innocent until proven guilty in a court of law". I do think she is guilty with what has been reported but a lot of it has not been proven or is just rumor. I wonder what will be in allowed in court.....I also wonder if they will get a closed case. No tv coverage:(
I would love to see one of these investigative reporters go to friends of casey around the time Caylee was conceived and see if they can get a hint of who the father could be? Who was she seeing at the time?
I have seen the media do a lot of "easy" reporting but not much of the investigating type of coverage.
I hope we can all move on and let Caylee rest in peace. Wait for the trial and hope that justice is done.
As for the list on NG last night a reporter said she was pulled out of line and checked against a list with pictures....she also said that the Anthonys had 150 threats against them. How sad that it always has to be a "circus" atmosphere with them. I'm so glad the service went with hitch and hope they get peace from it and withdraw from the public light.

Yes, I saw this, but still no names were reported....& yesterday media was reporting "16 names, 24 names, & 27 names".....darn if media can't even get the numbers right, why beleive there's even a 'list' ??

If LP tops this list it's prolly 'cause this is the second time he's announced he's having a "memorial", the one in Nov. because "nobody else would have one".........(note, the remains hadn't even been found yet).

so where is this "banned list" LP has spoke so much about ??

IIRC....LP said TM was on it too.....Yet TM says he was not on any "banned list".

Maybe LP speaking in "code" ???........ "banned list" = "TV time"

IIRC, Brad Conway made a point of stating there were people who were not allowed. I don't recall specifically citing a list, but it could be inferred from his words. Also, RG stated he and JG were not allowed, if memory serves. This, to me, indicates it's not a figment of LP's imagination.

LP and some others had already arrived or made arrangements to go prior to this notice from BC. I think it was very, very appropriate to have an alternate place for those who were "disinvited" from God's house to go, be together and grieve.

I don't think I've ever heard of anyone not being allowed to pay their respects, even when the service wasn't at a church and nothing of the sort was on my mind when I had lost a loved one. How can one begin to heal by picking at old wounds?

Money's being paid just hard to find out who's collecting....

AFAIK......the G's are the only 'prosecution' witnesses flying around the country doing a "media blitz".......(accompanied by their "entertainment lawyer")

Oh, I don't know the exact figure but I would guess that the jet-setting Anthonys have made 30 tv appearances for every one made by the Grunds. As far as I know, the entire A family is on the 'prosecution' list.

Isn't it strange that all th leinency that is called for on behalf of the Anthony memorial is not extended to anyone else...not to LP, RG,JG or even others. Not accusing anyone, but just noticing that charity only extends so far. I think those who went to the memorial went because they wanted to be there. I hope they found comfort.

When family members live far apart or are estranged, it is not uncommon to have more than one memorial service.

It is my understanding both services were from the heart and respectful.

Didn't LP also, in effect, shoo away the media? Words to the effect of, 'if you weren't here covering it, it wouldn't be in the media' or something along those lines?

Does anyone here really believe RG and JG should not be allowed to grieve for the little girl they knew and loved? Or that others who were not comfortable with the rules set down from on high should not be allowed to pay respects at an alternate gathering?

I'm glad LP and RG went through with their plans to have their own memorial. I bet it was touching. And I can almost guarantee that they didn't end it with a KC love fest.

Love fest, I highly doubt but RG has consistently asked for prayers for KC, which is appropriate.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megs89
Back