Dr. Phil Interviews Burke Ramsey (9/12 & 9/13 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
that was exactly my thought but we shall see if it really happens
For me, it wasn't the panel of experts on CBS changed my mind. It was Burke himself in the interview where he was shown the picture of the bowl of pineapple. His reaction was so telling.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

That's a good movie, I just don't see BR as a sociopath like the one child in the movie. Honestly I think he had a major temper tantrum and severely hurt his own sister, leading to her death. I think this was an outburst kind of event. The kid in that movie was a planner! Scary movie though for sure.

if the housekeeper is telling the truth and they found a grapefruit size piece of poo in JB's bed that would tell me this kid is a freak, I would never touch any size poo if I could help it LOL just saying

If the parents did do something to JB or even if Burke did you know they did some serious damage control and coached him constantly, IMO that alone would be enough to make him a little odd, I dunno even kids can be criminally insane my brother in law works for the Texas state school which is prison for kids, he has told me some awful scary stories about what small children have done to each other and to adults. The Ramseys worked hard to project that perfect family image if Burke has issues I bet they would go to great lengths to cover for him

This is one of the few things that gives me pause about the BDI theory.

The family was from Georgia so they probably were not well versed in Colorado law. Furthermore, you don't go calling your attorney on Christmas midnight asking if your son will be considered a killer or not. And finally, the family had a lot to lose in terms of his business and their status and their respect/attention in their circles. And even if they knew he wouldn't go to jail, couldn't there be some off-shoot chance - or some other consequence: camp, facility, etc. If the dad liked being in control, the cover up assured no outside forces on their kid. Even if no jail, wouldn't he be subjected to therapy or who knows what - or lose custody of him. Plus, they were a southern family and southern families are known for protecting their own and having a huge emphasis on family.

"The real story here is not that a child was murdered the real story here is what was done to us by an INJUST system." OMG if it were my child, the murder of her trumps any treatment I could get by any person on this earth and I think the correct word is UNJUST ... Bizarre statement, or a selfish statement IMO

I know it's not a "real" science, but in Statement Analysis using the word "child" is something analysts flag as sensitive, indicating possible abuse. Which just means they flag it and take it into consideration with the statement as a whole, but I find it interesting that JR uses that term.

It's also a sensitivity indicator when people don't use the name of the victim they're referring to.

For me, it wasn't the panel of experts on CBS changed my mind. It was Burke himself in the interview where he was shown the picture of the bowl of pineapple. His reaction was so telling.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I agree. Watching the interviews with BR as a child disturbed me so much, I literally had to lay down and take a nap. My mind wanted to shut down and not think about. Even now I am having trouble finding the words to articulate the pit in my stomach when I saw the footage.

Just getting in, going back to catch up, I'm sure y'all had the same thoughts re: JR's final words, "This is not about a child being murdered, this is about US, etc..." (really?), and "I'm done", etc...done looking for your daughter's killer? Imo DP might have even been stunned, as well as Wood not happy with those closing comments, did DP actually backfire on him, is he really a narcissist like some have said? Wow just wow.

Moo.

Eta. And Burke. Can't decide if he's traumatized or lying...

If I was a Colorado taxpayer, I would want "someone" to payback the state, and the police, and the FBI, for all the investigations done over the last 20 years.

I suspect he was told a long time ago to lie about certain details by his parents, mainly when JonBenet went to bed and when he woke up. I think over the years he's had suspicions about why he was told to lie, but I don't think they've had more than one or two conversations about it, where his parents put it on protecting him from the police and protecting him from the police and the level of scrutiny his parents have been under. I think, as an adult, he realized he could never be charged for anything related to JonBenet's death and these questions starting nagging him again, but he never asked, perhaps because he was still getting some amount of financial support from his parents, and perhaps because he thinks mental illness or an accident it to blame. He loves his late mother, and he loves his father. Whatever doubts or anger he has, I think he's repressed it. He did eat pineapple with JonBenet the night she died, but he has never admitted that to anyone outside his family and he likely never will.

I'm going to take this a step farther: I think it's really likely that he was fed a narrative about what happened, and it was repeated so many times to him that he really doesn't have genuine memories about the situation - or if he does, they're so intermingled with the false memories that he doesn't know for sure what's real.

I know it's not a "real" science, but in Statement Analysis using the word "child" is something analysts flag as sensitive, indicating possible abuse. Which just means they flag it and take it into consideration with the statement as a whole, but I find it interesting that JR uses that term.

It's also a sensitivity indicator when people don't use the name of the victim they're referring to.

Casey Anthony used it too IIRC

12 to 1 a stranger did it, this interview was done 10 months or so after the crime , its very interesting in hind sight they had 8 lawyers . Listen at 18:06 what is this about finding her with her pagent gown snuggled next to her ? I never heard that one before

[video=youtube;IVf7JbUedAQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVf7JbUedAQ[/video]

well now I know what an idiot Lou Smit was, he appears on this TV show with a psychic and is asking her questions about the case, I didnt watch the video but here it is

[video=youtube;RU3e60-hqmM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU3e60-hqmM[/video]

Just getting in, going back to catch up, I'm sure y'all had the same thoughts re: JR's final words, "This is not about a child being murdered, this is about US, etc..." (really?), and "I'm done", etc...done looking for your daughter's killer? Imo DP might have even been stunned, as well as Wood not happy with those closing comments, did DP actually backfire on him, is he really a narcissist like some have said? Wow just wow.

Moo.

Eta. And Burke. Can't decide if he's traumatized or lying...

Wow from me too, it reminded me why my opinion of the Ramsey's has not changed since the early days. Totally narcissistic family. That one sentence about not being about JBR, and being about them, is exactly how I believe they felt straight after jbrs murder, damage control from day one

well now I know what an idiot Lou Smit was, he appears on this TV show with a psychic and is asking her questions about the case, I didnt watch the video but here it is

[video=youtube;RU3e60-hqmM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU3e60-hqmM[/video]
I watched it the other night myself. I was suprised he was on it. IMO a very scripted "see I told you so it was an intruder" show.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I wondered...according to a youtube comment that aired Oct 4, 2008. I hate that I sat here and watched it. :crazy:

I highly doubt if she did make any statements that we would ever be privy to that info.

I wish someone would dig up all the public videos the Ramsey's made over the years, I would like to watch them and see how many inconsistancies I find. Recently I saw one video where they claim Patsy opened JB's door after waking up then found the note in another video I swear she said she went downstairs first found the note then went to her room, so which is it ?

On acandyrose website they have transcripts of many (if not all) of those public appearances in addition to interviews, depositions, etc. Definitely worth the read, and yes, inconsistencies abound (especially JR). What I find even more interesting is how PR's and JR's recollections change over time depending on what evidence was available and what they learned from prior interviews. It's chilling because you can see how they are trying to play the game.

Here's a quick link:
http://www.acandyrose.com/jonbenetindex.htm

If I was a Colorado taxpayer, I would want "someone" to payback the state, and the police, and the FBI, for all the investigations done over the last 20 years.

Yes. yes, and yes again! This is a sticking point to me.

If it was accidental and they were afraid of getting in trouble, or if BDI accidentally or otherwise and they wanted to protect their son, I can sympathize and even forgive.

But this snowballed in to so much more. Millions of taxpayer dollars wasted. Tens of thousands of hours wasted. Lives of the investigators damaged as they worked tirelessly and were consumed by this case. JBR's image thrown into the spotlight and becoming fodder for sickos like JMK. The friends and acquaintances who suffered from being named by the Ramseys as suspects. The list goes on and on, all because JR and PR felt that they, their well-being and/or their son and his well-being was more important than anything or anyone else. DISGUSTING.

And the only thing more despicable than that are the people who profited from this sh** show while so many others suffered. Despicable with a capital D. For shame!

Great insight. Thank you for sharing.
What do you make of Burke staying in bed white all the commotion going on? Particularly a stranger coming in to his room waving a flashlight around?
I think that as a kid if my mum came in to my room acting "psycho" (kid term for frantic IMO) I would be getting up and trying to help my mum.
Well, if I, as a child, heard screams during the night, I would be huddled in bed terrified. My parents were not the kind and gentle sort; I never would have run to them. I would have pulled the covers over my head and not moved until it was daylight. Given what we know about the family relationships, that's a possibility. I don't see BR running to his parents for comfort.

I also have a son who, at 9, slept through me carrying him down two flights of stairs to the basement during a tornado warning. I'm small, and he was not, so it was more dragging than carrying. And another son slept through sirens, EMTs, and all the chaos that goes along with a situation like that. He had to be physically shaken awake. So the story that he slept through a lot of it may be at least partially true.

CBS does have me considering BDI more, but I have a couple of stumbling blocks.

First, statistically, especially given the long term sexual abuse (which I believe is true), it's most likely to be JR or PR. I think the paintbrush part of the staging was to cover up prior molestation. Of course that could be entirely unrelated... could easily be another family member or friend of the family that molested her. Yes, BR could have molested her and killed her, but, just speaking statistically, it's not likely. So, in my mind, there has to be enough evidence to overcome my statistical bias.

Second, TOD was between 10 and 6, but closer to 10 IIRC. A lot of people interpret that as meaning very close to 10. It could be midnight or 1, or even later... even as late as 6 (although not as likely). It's possible BR and JBR snuck down for a snack and to play with toys, then went back upstairs to bed around 11 or so, and whatever happened, happened a bit later. (Yes, the date on the headstone is the 25th, but that could have been chosen for other reasons.)

Third, if BR is psychopathic enough to abuse and murder his sister at the age of 9, I would expect him to have trouble later in life... maybe kicked out of schools, arrests for assaults (sexual and otherwise), trouble holding a job, etc. Granted, he obviously has issues, but it's hard for me to believe he was psychopathic through the age of 9, then pretty much stable through age 30. He graduated from high school, attended an out of state university (and a good one, but I'm admittedly partial to the Big 10), apparently has a stable job, a stable relationship, hasn't made the news at all other than via this case. So instead of getting worse, his behavior improved dramatically. Not what we usually see.

I definitely think RDI, and CBS has me considering BDI, but they haven't gotten BARD to me.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

On acandyrose website they have transcripts of many (if not all) of those public appearances in addition to interviews, depositions, etc. Definitely worth the read, and yes, inconsistencies abound (especially JR). What I find even more interesting is how PR's and JR's recollections change over time depending on what evidence was available and what they learned from prior interviews. It's chilling because you can see how they are trying to play the game.

Here's a quick link:
http://www.acandyrose.com/jonbenetindex.htm

As we all know if you were not lying about a situation in the first place there would not be any inconsistencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500