Dr. Sievers' RHHC Medical Practice - Operations & Website

I've removed posts referencing "insider knowledge" from an unverified source.

If anyone wishes to become verified, please email me at websleuthscomments@gmail.com I can explain the verification process and we can proceed from there. Until then, please refrain from posting any insider knowledge.

Thanks. :)

Apologies. Email sent.

The death of MS's sister, also a doctor, has been in the back of my mind since the start of this case. I wonder if MS took the equipment from her old office.

She was not a doctor IMHO although others debated the term. She did not attend med school

She was not a doctor IMHO although others debated the term. She did not attend med school

my recollection is that she was an acupuncturist, and in the state of Florida, they can use Dr., although they are not physicians
jmo

.... I recall Skinner talking about it, and we know his info came from MS.
I also found this news report:
A source close to the Sievers family said Wright worked as a computer technician for Teresa Sievers' practice in Estero.
While he lived in Missouri, he would occasionally fly down to work on the office's computer systems. He was also able to work on them remotely from Missouri.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/29893142/second-missouri-man-arrested-in-sievers-murder#.VeHd_0j4myS

Scout, for posting link ^. sbm^

Per link attributing stmt to "a source close to the Sievers family' CWW flew from MO to FL occasionally.
Source? Neighbors? Family? Clinic employee? Other?

Per Skinner, IIRC, CWW drove from MO to FL like it was a trip to 7-11 or c-store.
Was source MS himself?

If CWW drove car w MO plates, if he spent time at S home, home, neighbors wd/likely see and if he spent time in office, ofc employees wd/likely see. Or both could be potential sources of info. FWIW.

Scout, for posting link ^. sbm^

Per link attributing stmt to "a source close to the Sievers family' CWW flew from MO to FL occasionally.
Source? Neighbors? Family? Clinic employee? Other?

Per Skinner, IIRC, CWW drove from MO to FL like it was a trip to 7-11 or c-store.
Was source MS himself?

If CWW drove car w MO plates, if he spent time at S home, home, neighbors wd/likely see and if he spent time in office, ofc employees wd/likely see. Or both could be potential sources of info. FWIW.
IIRC Skinner has been out of touch with CWW for quite a while (10 years?). I think when Skinner spoke of CWW traveling to Florida it was after RB went missing - about 19 years ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I can't remember where I read this discussion so forgive me.

I had also wanted to address some posts about TS concierge medical practice and some misconceptions. Dr. Sievers was still an MD, practicing Internal Medicine and incorporating holistic medicine into her treatment of patients.

A poster stated that she did not have privileges at the hospital so she had stopped practicing medicine. Not true. Today, most GP doctors DON'T admit to the hospital because there are Hospitalists taking care of their patients once admitted. The ICUs have Intensivists who manage critical care patients.

This saves the Internists, GPs, Family Medicine doctors from having to go in, see the patient, write the orders, make rounds daily if not twice, and writing discharge summaries. With JCAHO regulations, discharge summaries have to be written within x amount of hours and doctors are busy and they don't often get done on time. Hence, a problem. That is why most every hospital has groups of Hospitalists.

From what I gathered about Dr. Sievers, she cared about and treated the "whole" person. She gave up a lot of income in doing so. Her fee of $450/hr. X 28 patient hours a week? She obviously was not driven by money which the really great doctors IMO are not. Doctors don't choose Family, General or Internal Medicine to get rich.

I never met her, but as an RN with many decades of experience, I think I would have liked her. I could appreciate her philosophies as there are now so many studies backing up how she practiced. For example, the Hospital of the Univeristy of Pennsylvania offers holistic treatment and healing, dietary and nutritional support and supplements, Reiki, Massage, psychotherapy and more to their Oncology patients. Those of you who had her as your MD were lucky. I wish there were more like her around. IMO

ETA: The number of Rx bottles IMO are a non issue. Most were expired. There are a lot in my house and they are all mine. (BTW, My husband is an MD). The TB syringes are used for lots of things. Estrogen creams come in those syringes and TS also had meds from a compounding pharmacy. It all makes sense to me. IMO.

Mods and fellow posters, if my posts don't belong on this thread, I apologize. I think maybe they should have gone in one of the other threads? I am so sorry.

Mods and fellow posters, if my posts don't belong on this thread, I apologize. I think maybe they should have gone in one of the other threads? I am so sorry.

It's okay. I'm not sure where that discussion was either and the sidebar covers a broad range of topics.
Sometimes, posts end up in threads yet to be created. So no worries.

I can't remember where I read this discussion so forgive me.

I had also wanted to address some posts about TS concierge medical practice and some misconceptions. Dr. Sievers was still an MD, practicing Internal Medicine and incorporating holistic medicine into her treatment of patients.

A poster stated that she did not have privileges at the hospital so she had stopped practicing medicine. Not true. Today, most GP doctors DON'T admit to the hospital because there are Hospitalists taking care of their patients once admitted. The ICUs have Intensivists who manage critical care patients.

This saves the Internists, GPs, Family Medicine doctors from having to go in, see the patient, write the orders, make rounds daily if not twice, and writing discharge summaries. With JCAHO regulations, discharge summaries have to be written within x amount of hours and doctors are busy and they don't often get done on time. Hence, a problem. That is why most every hospital has groups of Hospitalists.

From what I gathered about Dr. Sievers, she cared about and treated the "whole" person. She gave up a lot of income in doing so. Her fee of $450/hr. X 28 patient hours a week? She obviously was not driven by money which the really great doctors IMO are not. Doctors don't choose Family, General or Internal Medicine to get rich.

I never met her, but as an RN with many decades of experience, I think I would have liked her. I could appreciate her philosophies as there are now so many studies backing up how she practiced. For example, the Hospital of the Univeristy of Pennsylvania offers holistic treatment and healing, dietary and nutritional support and supplements, Reiki, Massage, psychotherapy and more to their Oncology patients. Those of you who had her as your MD were lucky. I wish there were more like her around. IMO

ETA: The number of Rx bottles IMO are a non issue. Most were expired. There are a lot in my house and they are all mine. (BTW, My husband is an MD). The TB syringes are used for lots of things. Estrogen creams come in those syringes and TS also had meds from a compounding pharmacy. It all makes sense to me. IMO.

450x 28 = $11,000 a week. Not too bad. Did she have equipment or did she send her patients out for mammograms and other tests?

450x 28 = $11,000 a week. Not too bad. Did she have equipment or did she send her patients out for mammograms and other tests?

I think one of TS's patients stated that lab work was done in the building but not in TS's office. I'm sure she sent patients out for mammograms etc... Even big OB/GYN groups don't do their own mammograms and we know that a radiologist wasn't working out of TS's office.

I wonder about that figure. Also, somewhere iirc, it was stated that she didn't work 40 hrs at the practice. We know she did all kinds of things without pay, because of her convictions and beliefs.
The net/take home pay would be much less than that after all the business overhead, salaries, taxes, etc. in addition to all the household bills she was paying, student loans, etc.

The cost of business wouldn't continue if the business stopped (as it would naturally) with her death, so he wouldn't need to replace that part of her income. There would be necessary costs of closing out the business, but that's it - it wouldn't continue on for decades.

I wonder if some point their tax returns will be made available because of the investigation - that would certainly be part of the case against him, but does anyone here know? That would be interesting to see how he handled that. Shenanigans other than non-payment of income taxes? It would be interesting to compare to mortgage application, life insurance policies.

Looking forward to the next docdump same as everybody :)

I wonder about that figure. Also, somewhere iirc, it was stated that she didn't work 40 hrs at the practice. We know she did all kinds of things without pay, because of her convictions and beliefs.
The net/take home pay would be much less than that after all the business overhead, salaries, taxes, etc. in addition to all the household bills she was paying, student loans, etc.

The cost of business wouldn't continue if the business stopped (as it would naturally) with her death, so he wouldn't need to replace that part of her income. There would be necessary costs of closing out the business, but that's it - it wouldn't continue on for decades.

I wonder if some point their tax returns will be made available because of the investigation - that would certainly be part of the case against him, but does anyone here know? That would be interesting to see how he handled that. Shenanigans other than non-payment of income taxes? It would be interesting to compare to mortgage application, life insurance policies.

Looking forward to the next docdump same as everybody :)

Jumping off your post:

I am thinking of this possible scenario for her wages and expenses.
$450x28=$12,600.00/ week; $50,400/month gross. Minus: $20,000 IRS (assuming 39% tax bracket)= $30,400. Assuming She had to pay Rent with CAM fee at $20/sq.ft(guessing) X 1000 sq.ft (guessing)= $20,000. Now down to $10,400. Staff: RN at $20.00/hr x 30=$600/week or $2400/month. Net: $8,000 month., assuming she didn't pay any other employee or MS.

Even if her rent was less, and she made $10K a month, that is $120K/year. That is not a huge amount of income for an MD. If she drove a Mercedes ML 350, Her car payment was a fair chunk of change too. She didn't appear to live an over the top lifestyle, which must have really irked MS. I get the impression he liked the high life.

Total speculation, but you can see how fast things add up. BTW, I am not an accountant or very good at math lol.

Jumping off your post:

$450x28=$12,600.00/ week; $50,400/month gross. Minus: $20,000 IRS (assuming 39% tax bracket)= $30,400. Assuming She had to pay Rent with CAM fee at $20/sq.ft(guessing) X 1000 sq.ft (guessing)= $20,000. Now down to $10,400. Staff: RN at $20.00/hr x 30=$600/week or $2400/month. Net: $8,000 month., assuming she didn't pay any other employee or MS.

Even if her rent was less, and she made $10K a month, that is $120K/year. That is not a huge amount of income for an MD. If she drove a Mercedes ML 350, Her car payment was a fair chunk of change too. She didn't appear to live an over the top lifestyle, which must have really irked MS. I get the impression he liked the high life.

Total speculation, but you can see how fast things add up. BTW, I am not an accountant or very good at math lol.

I know this was discussed before but I wonder if she had malpractice insurance? Lots of docs in FL "go bare" but it would definitely be ironic if she didn't. No malpractice but life insurance out the wazoo.

I know this was discussed before but I wonder if she had malpractice insurance? Lots of docs in FL "go bare" but it would definitely be ironic if she didn't. No malpractice but life insurance out the wazoo.

You are so right! In my state, the malpractice insurance rate for a General Practitioner that has never been sued is $25,000/year. I was pretty shocked at the high amount of Life Insurance she carried, but figured she had it so she could borrow against it for business reasons.

You are so right! In my state, the malpractice insurance rate for a General Practitioner that has never been sued is $25,000/year. I was pretty shocked at the high amount of Life Insurance she carried, but figured she had it so she could borrow against it for business reasons.

Here's some data on the cost of malpractice insurance for an internist in FL. The data is from 2010.
https://www.quora.com/How-much-on-the-average-does-doctors-malpractice-insurance-cost-in-the-US

Jumping off your post:

I'm not sure where you found the $450 figure, but I can tell you that I was never charged more than $150 for a visit after my initial visit. The initial visit was very detailed and longer, so I paid $350. But, her fee was $150 each visit for several years. Dr. Sievers was very generous with her time, so most visits were 30-45 minutes.

I'm not sure where you found the $450 figure, but I can tell you that I was never charged more than $150 for a visit after my initial visit. The initial visit was very detailed and longer, so I paid $350. But, her fee was $150 each visit for several years. Dr. Sievers was very generous with her time, so most visits were 30-45 minutes.
And part of her expenses were student loans right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Jumping off your post:

I wonder if TS was purposely limiting her hours? If she was planning an escape from her marriage limiting her income makes sense.

Just adding to Zuri's breakdown... Didn't the office also employ a receptionist? I'm assuming that TS's "nurse" was actually a medical assistant since that's the norm these days for IM/FP offices. So her wage may have been less than $20/HR. We can't forget about the cost of health insurance, TS's school loans, business expenses (medical and office supplies, utilities, etc...).

Same for me...150 a visit.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back