Drew Peterson's Trial *FIFTH WEEK* part two

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so, but I have been wrong many times. I think the DT is going to argue, argue, argue that Dr. Baden not be allowed to testify.

I think today will be filled with arguing, sidebars, recesses, and delays. And that is not even counting the judge's very frequent need to disappear several times a day!

MOO

I agree! It's going to be another wasted day of sidebars and pop tart jury.

The Drew Peterson murder trial is scheduled to start at 8:45 CT/9:45 ET this morning – 15 minutes earlier than the normal starting time.

The attorneys and Judge Edward Burmila will be discussing whether or not the prosecution will be allowed to call forensic pathologist Dr. Michael Baden as a rebuttal witness.

Good morning everyone! Yesterday was a corker, no?
I wonder what the jury will wear today.
Anxious to hear the closings, or read them I guess.

I'm guessing they'll wear space suits to show where we all were yesterday -- lost in space. The air was thin, especially over at the DT table -- I think they were inhaling nitrous oxide instead of oxygen...

We did indeed enter Wonderland yesterday, led by the Mad Hatter Brodsky himself.

:twocents:

Glasgow is happy:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,6592618.story

Wednesday's stunning testimony came after Peterson attorney Joel Brodsky decided to call Savio's divorce attorney Harry Smith against the advice of other members of the defense team.

"It's a gift from God," State's Attorney James Glasgow was overheard saying outside the courtroom after Smith finished testifying.

Before defense attorneys called Smith to the stand, the judge warned them of the possible consequences and Peterson lawyer Steve Greenberg could be heard in the courthouse hallway urging Brodsky not to do it.

"I've filed 74 (expletive) motions to keep him out and now you're going to undo all of it," Greenberg said in a loud, exasperated voice. He later defended Brodsky's decision to reporters, saying the testimony showed Stacy Peterson would do anything to gain an advantage in a potential divorce.

BBM
Don't want this to get lost after seeing Brodsky and Lopez on IS this morning and the press conference with the entire DT after court yesterday was shown this morning. Just more proof that the DT will lie through any orifice. They certainly are a collective piece of work. And that's about the nicest thing I can say about that.

his desire for justice for Kathleen and Stacy. The day after the State rested their case, he had an ad in the Sun Times saying that the State had
"rested", now may we find Drew Peterson guilty so that Kathleen and Stacy may
rest in peace.
Today in the Chicago Sun Times, there is a big ad that says.
"ROMEO IN JOLIET.... A defendant has been seen in the courtroom winking, smiling and gesturing (with his hand on his heart) at ladies as young as 17 years old.....AT HIS OWN MURDER TRIAL."

I have to say, I just love Jeff Ruby.

Reading the tweets and comments on InSession FB, it appears the defense attorneys disliked just as much as the accused killer himself. :moo:

his desire for justice for Kathleen and Stacy. The day after the State rested their case, he had an ad in the Sun Times saying that the State had
rest in peace.
"ROMEO IN JOLIET.... A defendant has been seen in the courtroom winking, smiling and gesturing (with his hand on his heart) at ladies as young as 17 years old.....AT HIS OWN MURDER TRIAL."

I know, me too!

Here are a few tweets from Jeff this morning :

Jeff Ruby ‏@TheRealJeffRuby @InSession When Brodsky opened door to Harry's testimony he opened the door to his client's prison cell."I'm just wild about Harry"(song)

Jeff Ruby ‏@TheRealJeffRuby
@InSession Brodsky drove Peterson to prison yesterday and Harry Smith provided the transportation

@VinniePolitan I think Brodsky should have been named an unindicted coconspirator

rest in peace.

Me too!!

What did the sharks say on IS this morning? Did they say that Drew was a victim that was set up by his ex wives?

I know, me too!

Here are a few tweets from Jeff this morning :

Jeff Ruby ‏@TheRealJeffRuby @InSession When Brodsky opened door to Harry's testimony he opened the door to his client's prison cell."I'm just wild about Harry"(song)

@InSession Brodsky drove Peterson to prison yesterday and Harry Smith provided the transportation

@VinniePolitan I think Brodsky should have been named an unindicted coconspirator

I love him too. He tells it like it is. Gotta love his personality!

Good morning all. I predict a lot of objections, sidebars, and snide cross examination! :bigfight:

The Drew Peterson murder trial is scheduled to start at 8:45 CT/9:45 ET this morning – 15 minutes earlier than the normal starting time.

The attorneys and Judge Edward Burmila will be discussing whether or not the prosecution will be allowed to call forensic pathologist Dr. Michael Baden as a rebuttal witness.

Grrrrrrr.

Seems to me the PT should be able to call anyone they wish.... What reasons will the DT give for the judge to have reason to disallow this witness? And which one of 'em will make the argument? Another side show, IMO.

Grrrrrrr.

Seems to me the PT should be able to call anyone they wish.... What reasons will the DT give for the judge to have reason to disallow this witness? And which one of 'em will make the argument? Another side show, IMO.

Yesterday the judge told the state that they had to have a 'reason' to call Baden. He needs to be 'rebutting' something, not just testifying. Otherwise he should have been called in to their primary case.

So hopefully they will have an answer for that in court this morning.

In Session Prosecution PIO Chuck Pelkie has just told us that today’s expected rebuttal witnesses are Dr. Michael Baden and Dr. Mary Case. At this point, the prosecution is NOT planning to call Dr. Larry Blum.

I hope Case and Baden (if allowed) will rebut the testimony from DiMaio and what's his name that there was a fall, versus a beating of some sort. No way those disparate injuries came from one fall and various household accidents.

I bruise easily and most of the time it comes from when I walk into a door or bang my leg against something. But then, I am a klutz in the dark, Kathleen probably had the good sense to put the lights on.

I also wonder why the bathtub manufacturere wasn't called to testify that those tubs don't drain automatically. That was the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I don't think there was ever any water in the tub. It was a dumping ground.

Anybody else having issues with Twitter?

:seeya: Good Morning Y'all !

Could someone please give me an update from the past 2 days of the trial ? THANKS !

I have not had electricity since Tuesday afternoon because of the Hurricane, so I have limited battery for my notebook computer here ... I will be able to read some, but am limited while I am waiting to get somewhere to re-charge.

Oh, one more request : Did the jury wear color-coordinated clothing yesterday Wed. ? Last I read, they wore red/white/blue on Tuesday.

THANKS so much !

:please:

:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads