Dylan Redwine Case Discussion Thread/Dylan's Remains Found

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am bringing this post over from the closed thread so I can reply.

Posted by Ghostwheel

Do you mean predator in general or child predator? Because I don't agree with that. John Albert Gardiner comes to mind. As does the green river killer, BTK, Roger Kibbe, Anthony Sowell, Joseph Harwell, Ted Bundy... I could go on.

I was not talking about serial killers and I have no evidence that LE is even thinking this is a work of a serial killer. Serial killers can often be nomadic too though. That is one of the reasons they are hard to catch and will do many murders before and if that ever happens.

I am talking about children who were kidnapped and later found murdered where the suspect turned out to be a stranger or wasn't one of the parents. Couey had never kidnapped and murdered another child in her area. Even Joseph Duncan traveled out of state to kidnap the Greone children in Idaho and did not remain in the area. The man that murdered Somer Thompson moved once he had killed her. LE did not warn the community when Carlie Brucia was taken by Joe Smith. Not once in any of those cases was the community warned that a predator had a child in their community. Only when an arrest was finally made did we know then the perpetrator was a stranger predator.

A side note. The distance from Mark's home to where Dylan was found does not convince me that the perp is the father either. Jessica Lunsford was found right across the street from where she lived. Samantha Runion's remains were found 7-8 miles from where AA kidnapped her.

Usually a stranger predator/murderer of children wants to discard the body in a remote area quickly after the murder. Imo, most tend to leave them above ground as they have no emotional attachment to the child. Just like AA left Samantha's body above ground. Just like Somer Thompson's killer discarded her little body in the trash dumpster and her remains were found far away in Georgia in the landfill because he quickly threw her body away in the trash.

In fact I read an article about parents who murder their children and the trends that are seen. Mothers seem to swaddle the child (blanket or clothing) and deposit them close to where they went missing. They often submerge the child in some type of water or near a water area.

Bio fathers tend to go great distances with the child's body often hundreds of miles and will throw the bodies out in a dense remote area. They also tend to bury the child more often. Probably due to the male having more strength to dig the grave.

Just speculating of course but it seems most fathers who murder their own never want the child or children to be found.

IMO
Some of your facts are a little off. For Carlie Brucia, they broadcasted surveillance video of her being abducted. I think that's telling the community there is a predator loose.
Samantha Runnion was found 50 miles north of her house and someone saw her being kidnapped by a stranger. And she was on the news as having been kidnapped within an hour. Same with Somer Thompson. ETA(not that anyone saw Somer being kidnapped, just that she was on the news)

Couey was caught, so there is no way of knowing if he would have kidnapped another child. So was Jarred Harrell, who was also suspected of molesting another child the previous year in that same house, and he was already being investigated on child *advertiser censored* charges. And he went to familiar ground for disposal, the dumpster of a restaurant he worked at. And he moved AFTER he was asked for his DNA, no doubt knowing he would be caught. Joseph Duncan kept moving because he kept getting caught . I think you will find that predators who don't hit the same area again are usually ones who have been caught at something and leave, or get arrested. Which in Dylan's case, of course, brings the deputy arrested on child *advertiser censored* into view. This does not mean LE knows that predators don't come back to the same area in the slightest.

If you happen to know cases where the predator was caught several years after and it turned out they only attacked one child in the area and was never caught, then moved on, that would be interesting.

I'd like to read that article that says bio dads take their children hundreds of miles away, as I have never seen that. If you know where the link is, that would be great, but no worries if you don't.

What evidence is there that Dylan and his father had anything "rocky?" Dylan had the opportunity to tell a judge if he wanted to spend less time with his father and to me, it looks like he was able to spend a great deal of his time with his father after his mother took him 5 hours away from where he grew up. She moved Dylan with the court's permission, but my guess is that Dylan would have preferred to stay where his dad was, where his friends were.

Excuse me BM I don't believe he spent time with him when he was living there. Somewhere on these threads its stated how many hours or days he spent with Dylan since the divorce and its not many!

Also I think he told the judge and this is JMO that he didn't really want to be with his dad but wanted to g so he could see his good friends again!

All JMO

So much anger flying around and this dear young man is dead. I want whoever did this arrested and prosecuted...no matter who it is. I do believe LE has a LOT of information and I think we'd be surprised how much. I'll reserve further statements until an arrest is made. FWIW I have confidence in LE and will probably agree with what their evidence proves. I suspected DR was dead but I so wanted to believe his father or some one had him hidden and he could come home and live his life. JMO

]What evidence is there that Dylan and his father had anything "rocky?[/B]" Dylan had the opportunity to tell a judge if he wanted to spend less time with his father and to me, it looks like he was able to spend a great deal of his time with his father after his mother took him 5 hours away from where he grew up. She moved Dylan with the court's permission, but my guess is that Dylan would have preferred to stay where his dad was, where his friends were.

Going by Mark's own words. He said Dylan was sullen and withdrawn and things were tense from the get go on his last visit.

And he admitted that he had not spoken with Dylan for months. Dylan was not replying to his texts or calls, apparently. So I call that rocky, imo.

One of the reasons Elaine moved was to get Dylan into a bigger, better school. Dylan appreciated the move according to some of the published articles, stating he got the attention of lots of girls in his new school. And there were a lot more sports opportunities in that larger school as well.

Did ER say she feels like she was living in a Disney movie that turned bad? That is a really odd reference since I can't think of a Disney movie that has ever gone bad, and I don't think your child being missing is like a Disney movie. I am confused :/

I think she means her life was idyllic, happy, like a Disney movie... and then, when this all happened, it's like that Disney movie turned bad. I don't find it odd at all. I often times say that I feel like my life right now is perfect and I never want these days to end. If something bad were to happen, I might even put it the same way. My fairy tale didn't get the happily ever after. JMO.

http://www.9news.com/video/2517730229001/1/Candlelight-memorial-held-for-Dylan-Redwine

Did ER say she feels like she was living in a Disney movie that turned bad? That is a really odd reference since I can't think of a Disney movie that has ever gone bad, and I don't think your child being missing is like a Disney movie. I am confused :/

Why is that an odd reference? whats wrong with living a Disney movie?
Life is wonderful.

Look at Bambi Mother deer shot!
Old Yeller the boy has to shoot his dog.

Maybe you need to go watch a few Disney movies!

http://www.9news.com/video/2517730229001/1/Candlelight-memorial-held-for-Dylan-Redwine

I thought it was odd, too, until I realized she meant that she had finally gotten her life just the way she wanted it, then it went to pieces when Dylan went missing.

I agree strange choice of analogy. But what I surmised was the love and help from a caring community had ended in disaster.

Why is that an odd reference? whats wrong with living a Disney movie?
Life is wonderful.

Look at Bambi Mother deer shot!
Old Yeller the boy has to shoot his dog.

Maybe you need to go watch a few Disney movies!

I think it's odd. I could see saying it felt surreal or like being in a movie, a horror movie even. Her son is dead! But a Disney movie? Going off your post, she feels like Bambi's mother? The dog in Old Yeller? One of the princesses (Bella, Ariel, Snow White) ?

But really, people do react to grief differently. I'll give that to her. But we should also give that same consideration to his father. Both reactions, his and hers, can be viewed as within "normal" ranges for the parents of a missing /found deceased child.

I think the Disney movie reference pertained to when Dylan was home and alive and safe, but everything went bad when her baby went missing. I sort of think the point was that Disney movies are not supposed to go bad.

Hope that helps your confusion.

ETA--I see in the time it took me to post that many already expressed near the same thought. Nice to be in good company. : )

I took it to mean that their life was happy, beautiful, colorful, fun and dreamy. What we usually expect from Disney. Then all of a sudden BAM, their world changed, turned bad and bleak. Which is not what we expect to see from Disney.

And when you research cases where a father kills his kids, it is often to get revenge upon his ex, because he is so angry that they are moving on and creating a 'happy' life without them. Elaine had a newly remodeled home, was setting a date for her wedding, and had a great new job. I think it pushed someone over the edge.

I feel like none of the adults involved in this case have come across particularly well. Poor Dylan!

I agree. The parents dysfunctional relationship hasn't helped the police solve this case at all. JMO

Per TOS, we can discuss what's been reported in MSM. And if we couldn't discuss anyone before formal charges are brought, well then there wouldn't be much point to WS. It's a fine line when it's reported by MSM that his own family suspects him of harming Dylan. LE also has not cleared anyone.

The alert button works great for reporting posts not within TOS.

Just to be clear. I never said people can't say these things. I only said I think people should back off til there's more evidence. I'm free to express my opinion as well.

I took it to mean that their life was happy, beautiful, colorful, fun and dreamy. What we usually expect from Disney. Then all of a sudden BAM, their world changed, turned bad and bleak. Which is not what we expect to see from Disney.

I agree, I think this is exactly what Elaine meant, nothing odd about it at all in my opinion.

Really good points! It is often said that it is hard to trust complete pure happiness, but it sounds like Elaine was doing just that ..... until this.

Elaine has a very strong support system (IMO) and so I hope with time she can slowly heal . Life will never ever be the same but she has Cory and Mike and her family and friends and that should help in the dark times ahead .

:cow:

A father focused on trying to say something kind acknowledging the pain of others who loved Dylan despite the hatred and accusations of those individuals have heaped on him and expressing a wish that the rest of Dylan's remains be found and buried with dignity is not an unusual focus in my view.

If he was railing in the press right now about wanting to find the responsible and do him harm eleventy thousand people would find that proof of his violent streak and further proof that he harmed his son or they would call it deflection because everyone knows it is he who killed Dylan.

No matter what this man says in this instance he will be damned. My own opinion of MR's focus.

I hope LE has lots of evidence ad generates lots of new leads from Dylan's recovery. I hope we don't have to wait too long for an arrest.

til then still perched atop my fence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member