Elizabeth Johnson Trial - Day 3 - 2nd Day of Testimony, Tuesday, Sept 25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We are back . . . Audio and video recordings are to be played in court next . . .

You have the right to challenge the paternity . . . Gabriel Johnson born on May 3 2009 . .. court hearing with EJ and Logan . . . . if you do that you have to file motion to have the court to order paternity test @ your own expense $300 or $400 . . . EJ would have to pay for the test if she challenges. Have you ever lived together . . . Logan yes, EJ said no = Father has been in jail . . . . stop . . . have you ever lived together since baby was born . . . Logan got out of jail on 6/18 and lived there until a week ago thursday, EJ said it was on again and off again he would move out . . . lived together More On than off. . . . baby is residing where ? right now he is on his way to the courtroom . . . judge asks why because child will not be asked to testify . . EJ thought it was a good idea. . . judge said no. EJ has had custody of child since Logan left . . . Sole custody is total custody and shared custody is sharing time between each other . . . legal custody has nothing to do with how much time child spends with ech parent . . . .neither can make significant life decisions (ie: where child goes to school, medical care, religious decision - not whether child has peanut butter or baloney sandwich for lunch). Judge wants to know if they favor joint legal custody or sole legal custody . . . both agree with joint legal custody . . . parenting time . . EJ is not nursing the baby now - she never nursed. Logan works . . . 4 pm - 10:30 @ night 5 days a week . . . 99 cent store as a stocker. He can work 4 out of any 7 days. Store sets schedule but he can request schedule. EJ is not currently working. Gabriel live most of his life with Mom or Dad? Equal . . . according to Logan. EJ said most of his time - all of his time with me . . .because he was in jail and he comes and goes when he wants. . . probation violation for jail . . . . when he was 18 - attempted possession of stolen property . . . class of felony - class 5. Logan is now 24. 6 yrs on probation and now discharged from probation - his only conviction. Cannot try the case today Logan would like to take care of the child in his custody in ok hands . . . Logan wants to say some thing but Judge wants his schedule right now.. . . (ie; sUNDAY thru Wed morning. . . Logan wants him M-F and EJ can have Gabriel on weekends). EJ wants M-F with her and Logan could have weekends. Logan lives with his Dad and his girlfriend and son - 3 bedroom home, there is no crib right now but would like to get one. Logan has experience in raising infants and had 4 yr relationship with former girlfriend @ 6 months old and helped to raise child until 4 yrs old.

Logan filed CPS report - Baby in her care is with another family. Logan wants Monday, Tues, and Sat. . .. EJ wants Sunday off for a class. . . Logan agrees to Sunday, Monday, Tues. Child to reside w/mother Wed morning 8 am until Sunday 8 am. Dad Sun 8 am til Wed 8 am. Ordering parenting conference . . . EJ receiving State assistance for the child . .. ordering child support hearing . . . she gets medical assistance, food stamps and WIC. Parenting conference - someone on behalf of court - masters level or PhD will do a custody eval. Parenting conference interview both Mom and Dad and gather info for Judge tohave before hearing. . . copies will be given to each parent before the hearing. Judge tells them show up to hearing, on time, been polite and cooperate, and read report before coming to court. Judge asks how old EJ is . . . age 23. Case got off on really ugly start . . .agreed to joint custody. Shared time unless one of them is clearly unfit. Sharing doesn't mean 50/50. child needs an anchor - basically one place to call home - they don't have to be a couple anymore but have to be a couple of parents. Need to knock off fighting each other . . . be a good mom and good dad - love his mother and spend time with her and visa versa. Setting Christmas holiday with Dad and Mom will have Christmas Eve. Neither have an order of protection against the other. Do not leave here putting the other on order protection and put child on it . . . or it will frost this judge. March 26th 8:30 hearing. all rise

The evidence that EJ knew Tammi put CC's name on the court documents is that ELIZABETH signed them, under perjury of law, that it was truthful!

Defense Atty asks Det. about recorded conversations Logan recorded . . . made after EJ left the State. . . difficult to say as they are not time stamped. . . . familiar with timeline of events. EJ left State 12/18/09 for STate of Texas. . . . one call monitored between TPS, Jack Smith and Logan. Jack indicating to Logan that EJ was in favor of the adoption. He was asking Logan to sign adoption papers. . . not a promise in there but Jack and Tammi Smith would arrange for EJ to bring Gabriel back . . . .yes.

No info that EJ was party to such an agreement with the Smiths. . . . Det. thought EJ had earlier agreed that she had agreed to allow child to live with her . . . Smiths said sign papers and we will arrange for EJ to bring Gabriel back to live with us. . . . no info at that point in time EJ had made this arrangement with Smiths. Det. does not have info for this to be facts. . . . doesn't know what was said between Smiths and EJ. Craig Cherry is TPS cousin . . . his name on a document in family court documents as a possible potential father of missing child . . . Det. knows Mr. Cherry did not sign this document. TPS signed Mr. Cherry name on that document. Det. is not aware immediately comes to mind that EJ did that in this case. . . .. Defense wants to republish exhibit 9 already in evidence. On screen portion of exhbit 9 already introduced to jury - one of multiple pages of documents seized from Smith home. 2 Signature lines - no signatures on that document. This portion of Exhibit 9 unknown if EJ had anything to do with this document.

Prosecuting Atty - asks Det. if he picked up original court documents filed on 12/14/09 - Craig Cherry name appears on this document. . . . in particular lists him as potential father and asks that dna be done on him and Logan McQuery. Signed with signature indicating EJ - correct.

jurors have no further questions. . . excuse witness

The evidence that EJ knew Tammi put CC's name on the court documents is that ELIZABETH signed them, under perjury of law, that it was truthful!

Well, that defense atty referred to a document that was unsigned not the particular document that elizabeth most certainly signed requesting a paternity test from Logan and CHERRY. That atty tried to pull a fast one and got stopped!!

Officer J.D. Snell . . . Tempe police officer for 4 years. . . . patrol officer. working on 12/27/09 7 am to 5 pm . . . resopnd to Tempe police station . . . custodial interference . . . subject unable to see his child. Spoke w/Logan about 1 in afternoon - provided a recorder - officer heard recorder - heard 2 people talking to each other - heard woman who Logan referred to as Elizabeth saying she killed the baby.- Talked to his police sgt. . . . continued to talk to Logan . . . (EJ writing notes to her Atty does not appear to be upset at all). While talking to Logan - viewed his telephone and photo'd of text msgs on the actual phone. Exhibit #19 - logans phone . . .

lost video feed!

Dang wenwe your much faster then me lol. Did anyone else feed go down? Mine stopped with a red bar across it saying Video Alarm Detected etc.

Anyone have video feed on any other site? Seem we lost feed in the courtroom that supplies the feeds to all of the networks . . . Arrggghhhh!!!

They are using the same feed. Technical problem, I'm sure.

While we wait, I have to say I was nearly in tears listening to the court session. For sure, EJ doesn't play well with others.

I don't think the defense attorney is going to be able to convince the jury that Elizabeth was manipulated by the Smiths. They manipulated each other for their own purposes. I sure hope the jury sees this.

i just have a black screen now....red alert is gone.

Doubt the feed will be back up, or I'm not going to wait for it, lol....see ya'll tomorrow.

Well . . . I am completely baffled as to the outburst earlier today with EJ as it seemed such inappropriate timing. . . . she can sit and smile through all of the talk about killing her child, giving "the child" up for adoption, and lying to police about his whereabouts but she cries out loudly in court when they are discussing Craig Cherry's name on the douments? What? Seems such a strange and bizarre outburst at the time . . . EJis not convincing me of her feeling like a victim in this case. . . if anything - she portrays herself as quite proud of her manipulative accomplishments - smiling the whole time.

They are using the same feed. Technical problem, I'm sure.

While we wait, I have to say I was nearly in tears listening to the court session. For sure, EJ doesn't play well with others.

I don't think the defense attorney is going to be able to convince the jury that Elizabeth was manipulated by the Smiths. They manipulated each other for their own purposes. I sure hope the jury sees this.

Carolina . . . I think it speaks volumes that you were nearly in tears hearing this testimony but Gabriel's Mama could care less!

Camille Kimball‏@CamilleKimball

Officer Pina: we went to trailer to see if their was a baby. Nobody home. Then roommate (Malcolm Phipps) arrived. #ElizabethJohnson

Hello . . . Hello . . . Hello . . . . Echo . . Echo. . . Echo . . . I can see we have 30 members and 34 guests in here but it appears I am the only one willing to post? What's up Buttercup? I promise to play nice with others! Would love to hear all of your thoughts on today's proceedings.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blackstrt097877
Back