Elizabeth Johnson's Court Hearings & Charges

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
MC Superior Court‏@courtpio

Judge Joseph Kreamer is discussing trial dates with counsel in State v. Elizabeth Johnson. Jury selection is set to begin on 9/5/2012.

Judge Joseph Kreamer set a final trial management conference for 8/28/2012 at 9:30 to discuss trial issues in State v. Elizabeth Johnson.

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/docket/CriminalCourtCases/caseSearch.asp (2010-101760)

8/21/2012 Notice - Party (001)

NOTE: DEFENDANT’S SUPPLEMENTAL RULE 15.2 DISCLOSURE NOTICE

8/21/2012 Notice - Party (001)

NOTE: OF JOINING STATES PROPOSED JURY QUESTIONNAIRE AND REQUEST TO INCLUDE ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS

And one more around that date...

8/21/2012 Motion In Limine - Party (001)

NOTE: DEFENDANTS / TO EXCLUDE A TEXT MESSAGE BETWEEN ELIZABETH JOHNSON AND TAMMI SMITH

Saba, I googled Voluntariness ...still lost as to what a motion would be for that? (I am not the smartest in law speak). "own free will"
Think she volunteered a confession? (we could only hope)

guess that makes sense, because we can tell they are going thru everything that they are going to be able to use/or not use? So you think its the state asking the judge to let them use the confession during the trial?

guess that makes sense, because we can tell they are going thru everything that they are going to be able to use/or not use? So you think its the state asking the judge to let them use the confession during the trial?

I think the State may well want to use it at trial and I'm quite confident the defense doesn't want it mentioned at all.

Saba, I googled Voluntariness ...still lost as to what a motion would be for that? (I am not the smartest in law speak). "own free will"
Think she volunteered a confession? (we could only hope)

I think it's some incriminating statement Elizabeth made to LE after she was arrested. I've been trying to think through what it could be. IIRC, she didn't say much on the flight back to AZ from Miami. When she talked to LE about Tammi, the park hand-off etc., she was represented by her attorney, and had been fully advised of her rights (but was maybe medicated?) The statement to the SA detective has already been thrown out. I sure do wish the local reporters would help us out here.

Please tell me the jury will be able to hear the phone convo with Logan where she tells him, she killed Gabriel and the text message she sent him?????

I will be SO upset if this brat does not get convicted.

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/082012/m5393645.pdf

8/22/2012 MINUTE ENTRY

In Part...

IT IS ORDERED affirming Final Trial Management Conference on 8/28/2012 at 8:30 a.m. before this division.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED vacating Trial from 9/04/2012 and resetting same to
9/05/2012 at 8:00 a.m. before Master Calendar Assignment Judge, South Court Tower Courtroom 5B.

LET THE RECORD REFLECT a Motion to Suppress is forthcoming.

LAST DAY: 9/12/2012

This was just filed today (8/28).

In Session is showing the final hearing today at 1 p.m. central (I think). They said jury selection begins Sept. 5. I'm pretty sure they are showing the trial live.

so the trial has been pushed out to the 5th now?
and what the heck are they surpressing? I swear I am going to take a course on legal speak!

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...zabeth-johnson-mother-of-missing-baby-gabriel

Trial to begin next week for Elizabeth Johnson, mother of missing 'Baby Gabriel'

By: Mike Sakal, East Valley Tribune

The trial for the Tempe mother of missing ‘Baby Gabriel’ is set to begin in less than a week...

Johnson’s grandfather, Robert Johnson, of Scottsdale, told the Tribune on Monday that he does not plan to attend the trial and still speaks to Elizabeth about twice a week.

“It’s too boring,” Johnson said. “I’ll just watch it on TV. These people aren’t Perry Mason types where it’s all scripted. There’s too much hemming and hawing.”

When Johnson’s grandmother, Sylvia Puckett, was contacted by phone on Monday, she said, “I have nothing to say,” and hung up.

More at link.

State v Elizabeth Johnson: Status conference is expected to start shortly.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...zabeth-johnson-mother-of-missing-baby-gabriel

Trial to begin next week for Elizabeth Johnson, mother of missing 'Baby Gabriel'

By: Mike Sakal, East Valley Tribune

The trial for the Tempe mother of missing ‘Baby Gabriel’ is set to begin in less than a week...

Johnson’s grandfather, Robert Johnson, of Scottsdale, told the Tribune on Monday that he does not plan to attend the trial and still speaks to Elizabeth about twice a week.

“It’s too boring,” Johnson said. “I’ll just watch it on TV. These people aren’t Perry Mason types where it’s all scripted. There’s too much hemming and hawing.”

When Johnson’s grandmother, Sylvia Puckett, was contacted by phone on Monday, she said, “I have nothing to say,” and hung up.

More at link.

Thank you for the link and the information.
I am so ready for this trial to begin already.
I hope that we will get a clue
as to what really happened to this little one!
I did not know why Elizabeth went to Fla.
Now I know the connection,
Her Grandmother was bying a house in the area.
Can anyone tell me if the
Grandmother was at the airport with her
when Tammi first met her?
I cannot wait to see the grandmather on the stand.

One thing that I have also wondered...
The grandmother paying for Elizabeth's defense
team.
She has the money to help her out now,
but where was she when Elizabeth was having problems
in and out of foster care?
I guess I do not have all of the information
on the grandmother so I will try and not judge her until the trial.
It will be an intersting trial.

Elizabeth Johnson is not in court today. She has waived her appearance for today's court hearing.

State v Elizabeth Johnson: The hearing has started. Elizabeth Johnson has waived her appearance for today's hearing.

Elizabeth Johnson trial expected to go until 11/5 due to some attorney vacation schedules.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DRios
Back