Explain the Blood in the Trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest hurdle right now is explaining how blood evidence got into a car three weeks after Maddies dissapearance. I believe PLE is very competant and methodical and probably have an explanation for this which is why they have moved forward with labeling the parents as suspects. If both blood evidence of Maddie was found and the dogs indicated the presence of death then I think the parents need to explain this and just saying the three weeks makes no sense is not good enough to dispel it. Sorry PLE is not stupid and I am certain that have a scenerio which explains the 3 week gap.

mjak

To me it was they were moving the remains. Plain and simple.

I had one idea, all resorts have those big crushed Ice bins they are deep and you rarely get to the bottom of one, they could have dug through the ice and put her in the bottom of a bin and kept her frozen. :( Until when ever.

I sure will never get crushed ice again :sick:

I had one idea, all resorts have those big crushed Ice bins they are deep and you rarely get to the bottom of one, they could have dug through the ice and put her in the bottom of a bin and kept her frozen. :( Until when ever.

I sure will never get crushed ice again :sick:

Sounds like you just might be onto something there.

ColoMom, will you ask your friends if there were ice machines located in and around the resort? Thanks.

I agree. So why would it be in the rental car 3 weeks later? Wouldn't you think they would have disposed of it immediately and not try and hide it in the apartment knowing that DNA was there including their own. I am trying to think like they would I guess, but it isn't working.

They might take anything to the new apartment where they have been staying for the past 120 days--betting that the police won't search or test the new lodgings.

Or it might have been taken to the apartment of one of the dinner party members--if they were in on it.

I'm not sure I have an opinion on the parents yet. It does sound suspicious, but I do hope that any previous renters of the car the few weeks before are checked out thoroughly. What if an abductor rented the car that the McCanns just happened to rent a few weeks later.

I'm not sure I have an opinion on the parents yet. It does sound suspicious, but I do hope that any previous renters of the car the few weeks before are checked out thoroughly. What if an abductor rented the car that the McCanns just happened to rent a few weeks later.

Those would be astronomical odds, that an abductor would also be a visitor/tourist who would rent a car but yet know a resort area thoroughly enough that he/she could take a child without being noticed or drawing attention to him/herself.

I don't want to believe that the parents are involved, either, but there are lots of unanswered questions and discrepancies with the parents' story and behavior.

Can anyone confirm that Madeleine is a twin? Or am I confusing two different cases ...

Regarding the blood. If Maddie is a an identical twin (one egg is fertilized and splits), the DNA may actually belong to her twin. If maddie is a fraternal twin (two different eggs are fetilized), we are back to square one...wondering.

If we are talking about identical twins, the DNA will be identical, but the fingerprints may be different (there is some debate about the fingerprints).

Very strange turn of events. I am following someone's theory that the child was in a piece of luggage. Wonder if this luggage could have been temporarily stored in a train depot somewhere. Granada has a central station for the Eurorail, that has luggage lockers. Wonder if something similar, is nearby their hotel. A lot of these luggage lockers at the train stations, are available 24 hours a day. But seriously, where/how the hell would they know how to dispose of the body, once the retrieved it again? Just can't wrap my brain around this just yet.

Answered my own question. I think I seriously need sleep.

Maddie has a twin brother and sister, as you all probably know ;] . I just lost my mind for a few minutes there. So...the luggage theory. There is a train station that is reasonably close to the Praia da Luz resort in the Algarve.

It Happened Before The Parents Went To Dinner
If there is indeed, evidence that ties directly back to the parents; then I speculate that "it" happened before they left for dinner. And that is the reason the parents left the twins by themselves. To create an alibi. Becuse it would have been difficult to store the body, and then retrieve it again - after they call the police, I speculate that the body would have already been taken somewhere, and buried. Wonder if the hotel housekeeping noticed if any of the pillow cases were missing...

According to this travel site, the Praia da Luz resort is only a short drive to the protected Costa Vincentina Natural Park.

Here is the link: take a look at the surroundings, and see if you "feel" a sense for how resourceful someone could be, if they had to dispose of a small satchel. A child could easily fit in a large/kingsize pillow case.
http://www.traveluzion.com/local/PraiaDaLuz

There are many unanswered questions, and I have some myself:

Why were the employees at the tapas bar so sure of the McCann party’s comings and goings when they should have been busy, busy, busy? Are they that interested in ALL their patrons movements? If so, why so? Something bothers me about this "resort" thing. Was there a possible kidnaping gone bad? The McCanns seemed to be rather well-to-do. Ransom would not be out of the question - neither would the burglaries we have heard about in the area, especially if someone is keeping a good "eye" on the intended victims.

From whence came the sample of Maddie’s DNA? Did it come from a hair brush; toe-nail clippings; an old blanket she had bled on? I’m very curious about this.

Maddie’s blood in the trunk of the car could have come from the same source they got the DNA from, a blood-stained blanket, or some such. I believe the only way there could have been fresh/liquid blood was from a transport of the actual body or part(s) thereof. WHO rented and/or had ACCESS to that car prior (or during) the McCann’s rental thereof is VITAL.

In the same vein, a cadaver dog can only hit on a cadaver, they cannot tell you the dead body’s name. I believe it’s within the realm of possibility that there’s been more than one death around that resort and/or the rental cars - although maybe not little children with well-off parents. Aruba and a few cruise ship mysteries should have taught us "stuff" happens.

I believe Kate McCann said "cuddle cat" SMELLED like Maddie. Now there’s a scary thought for you, if the cadaver dogs "hit" on it.

A tiny body could be cut up and put in the freezer of a common refrigerator, if the butcher knew what they were doing. Did LE check the frig?

I don’t know the truth of this story, but these are some of the questions I would like an answer to.

There are many unanswered questions, and I have some myself.
Why were the employees at the tapas bar so sure of the McCann party’s comings and goings when they should have been busy, busy, busy? Are they that interested in ALL their patrons movements? If so, why so? Something bothers me about this "resort" thing. Was there a possible kidnaping gone bad? The McCanns seemed to be rather well-to-do. Ransom would not be out of the question - neither would the burglaries we have heard about in the area, especially if someone is keeping a good "eye" on the intended victims.
From whence came the sample of Maddie’s DNA? Did it come from a hair brush; toe-nail clippings; an old blanket she had bled on? I’m very curious about this.
Maddie’s blood in the trunk of the car could have come from the same source they got the DNA from, a blood-stained blanket, or some such. I believe the only way there could have been fresh/liquid blood was from a transport of the actual body or part(s) thereof. WHO rented and/or had ACCESS to that car prior (or during) the McCann’s rental thereof is VITAL.
In the same vein, a cadaver dog can only hit on a cadaver, they cannot tell you the dead body’s name. I believe it’s within the realm of possibility that there’s been more than one death around that resort and/or the rental cars - although maybe not little children with well-off parents. Aruba and a few cruise ship mysteries should have taught us "stuff" happens.
I believe Kate McCann said "cuddle cat" SMELLED like Maddie. Now there’s a scary thought for you, if the cadaver dogs "hit" on it.
A tiny body could be cut up and put in the freezer of a common refrigerator, if the butcher knew what they were doing. Did LE check the frig?
I don’t know the truth of this story, but these are some of the questions I would like an answer to.
As would we all, but the LE are not releasing the results of the DNA tests, they are making sure that the investigation is being done thoroughly, I am assuming we will find out the answers to all our questions, when the P LE know without a doubt what has happened.

It Happened Before The Parents Went To Dinner
If there is indeed, evidence that ties directly back to the parents; then I speculate that "it" happened before they left for dinner. And that is the reason the parents left the twins by themselves. To create an alibi. Becuse it would have been difficult to store the body, and then retrieve it again

That makes a lot of sense because I read "somewhere" on here that the parents had lined up a sitter for that night but cancelled before dinner.

The suitcase in the train station makes sense, too, and if you add the trips all around the continent searching for Maddie and leaving pictures, etc., they could have been leaving cut-up body parts.

I'm not sure the parents are guilty. I have no idea who is, just throwing out scenerious, questions, and ideas.

Can anyone confirm that Madeleine is a twin? Or am I confusing two different cases ...

Regarding the blood. If Maddie is a an identical twin (one egg is fertilized and splits), the DNA may actually belong to her twin. If maddie is a fraternal twin (two different eggs are fetilized), we are back to square one...wondering.

If we are talking about identical twins, the DNA will be identical, but the fingerprints may be different (there is some debate about the fingerprints).

Very strange turn of events. I am following someone's theory that the child was in a piece of luggage. Wonder if this luggage could have been temporarily stored in a train depot somewhere. Granada has a central station for the Eurorail, that has luggage lockers. Wonder if something similar, is nearby their hotel. A lot of these luggage lockers at the train stations, are available 24 hours a day. But seriously, where/how the hell would they know how to dispose of the body, once the retrieved it again? Just can't wrap my brain around this just yet.

Madeleine has twin siblings but isn't a twin herself.

The corpse-scent dog hit on a cupboard or closet in the rental apartment the McCanns moved to after Madeleine disappeared. Maybe a suitcase was inside or maybe Madeleine's body had been in it for a short while, although I don't know how it wouldn't smell.

If blood was found in the trunk of a rental car the McCanns used after May 3, it means either she was in the car and something flaked off her, OR something that she came in contact with was in the car.

There has also been some rumors that the car the McCanns used was the exact same car used by one of the doctors in the group they went to Portugal with.

There MUST be rental car records proving WHO had the car. If not, WHY not? I also believe the employees of the rental car service need to be checked out THOROUGHLY. And, NO, I don't believe the Portugeese LE are smart and "on top" of this. They didn't even find the blood until British LE went over the car.

It could have been accidental.Think it could have happened between 6-7:30 pm

Texanna summed it up nicely why they would not come out and say that.Heres the quote

ceeaura,
Thanks for the reply and explanation.

I've been following this story for awhile but not posting about it. So I'm just going to jump in with both feet...

Since some of the other parents in the group hired sitters I'm not buying that it was so common for kids to be left alone sleeping while parents dined.. and then tonight I hear on the evening news the possibility of the children being sedated that evening. Sooo it's possible she died from an overdose while parents were dining. Maybe she vomited up blood and such. And two doctors would know that they'd lose their other children, their careers, and their good name if it was found that they were obtaining drugs to sedate their children so they could party. No better reason for a coverup, IMO.

That said, I'm not convinced they did it.

Jack,
Thanks for the reply. You have a reasonably scenario, imo.

Well, let's see if we can back this rental car thing, into this little "group" scenario. If the car was initially rented by one of the other doctors in this group, perhaps they turned it over to the McCanns, when they left Portugal.
Sometimes during the peak vacation season, rental cars are hard to get. It would not surprise me, if one of the other doctors turned their rental car over to the McCanns.

Wish we knew who had the original rental agreement on that car, and who else in the group used the car. Anyone at that famous Tappas Bar table, who used that car, please stand up...

Instead of backing the car into the little group scenerio, why not deal with facts and find out WHO had access to that car prior to the McCanns?

I'm not all that sure about how forensics, etc. works. Won't they run some type of dna testing on the blood found in the car to see if there is a possible match to Maddie?

I'm not all that sure about how forensics, etc. works. Won't they run some type of dna testing on the blood found in the car to see if there is a possible match to Maddie?
I think that is what they have already done, and Madelaines DNA was found in a blood sample in the back of the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa