FL - 17 killed in Stoneman Douglas H.S. shooting, Parkland, 14 Feb 2018 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at Nikolas Cruz, he showed numerous red flags. I saw his Instagram where he killed a toad for revenge for harming his dog. Very possibly Cruz is an injustice collector.

Many rampage killers are injustice collectors like Stephen Paddock, Devin Kelley, Omar Mateen, Seung-Hui Cho, Adam Lanza, Eric Harris, and Elliot Rodger. They all had red flags.

I remember the Jonesboro school shooting back in the late 90s, the two kids who did that set off the fire alarm specifically to funnel students out of the school. The first kid set the alarm off inside the school, and the second kid was waiting in a sniper position in the wood before he was joined by the first one.

Even more chilling is the fact that they were just 13 and 11 years old when they implemented this plan. I remember being shocked how young they were, to do such planning.

Have any of you ever read that book, "The Neon Bible?" Written at age 16 but published posthumously by John Kennedy Toole? Quick read, highly recommend.

(There is also a great album of the same name by Arcade Fire)

Damn. The New York Times comments' section is chilling and stark.

Our schools down here are open designs.
By that I mean the outside looks like it’s a solid typical 4 wall building. Once inside it’s all outdoor hallways open lanias and multiple buildings with courtyards.
My daughters has a wall but there are open slots in the wall next to the door. The other side of the door a courtyard then admin buildings. You cannot slide in but you could get an arm in it to throw something.

I’m not sure what entryway this happened at. I have been at this school every year for four years, they host a major, major band competition for us.

Then others would claim the media is suppressing facts. Because they would be.

And the media hasn’t covered live suicides in decades, at least 40 years, if ever. At least, not on purpose. Attempts, maybe. But never live suicides on purpose. That’s tabloid-level, unethical unjournalistic, sensationalist drivel published by trash.

Police chases and shootings are still sometimes aired live, but it’s not because the news station believes it’ll end in death.

MOO, IMO

I think it's the same motivators as most mass shooters/bombers. These are injustice collectors. (HMS Hood where you at?). They are people with social issues, and narcissism. They believe they're entitled to more attention, praise, women and recognition than they receive.

Sometimes they are victims of abuse or neglect Or domestic violence and sometimes they aren't. Some were ruthlessly bullied. Some were not. Some have mental health diagnoses or neurological disorders and some do not.

One commonality (other than the obvious) is that they get the notoriety and attention and vengeance they crave due to relentless media attention.

I think we could decide as a culture that we aren't going to do that anymore. Don't publicize their names and photos. Eventually boycott news agencies that do.

The media used to air suicides and shooting by police, live. They use to publish full photos of dead bodies, even of children. But they decided to stop.

I think we have the power to change the culture.

I remember the Jonesboro school shooting back in the late 90s, the two kids who did that set off the fire alarm specifically to funnel students out of the school. The first kid set the alarm off inside the school, and the second kid was waiting in a sniper position in the wood before he was joined by the first one.

Even more chilling is the fact that they were just 13 and 11 years old when they implemented this plan. I remember being shocked how young they were, to do such planning.

This is interesting because in one of the witness interviews on CNN a girl specifically said “one of the suspects”. I assumed that she just misspoke but it will be interesting as more info comes out.

I di notice the similarities betwen Parkland and Jonesboro.

I’m sick one of our family friends we cannot find her she’s there.

Oh no. I wish I could reach through the computer and give you a tight hug.

Looking at Nikolas Cruz, he showed numerous red flags. I saw his Instagram where he killed a toad for revenge for harming his dog. Very possibly Cruz is an injustice collector.

Many rampage killers are injustice collectors like Stephen Paddock, Devin Kelley, Omar Mateen, Seung-Hui Cho, Adam Lanza, Eric Harris, and Elliot Rodger. They all had red flags.

I was calling for you earlier and your insights into these types. (You've researched so well).

I think it's the same motivators as most mass shooters/bombers. These are injustice collectors. (HMS Hood where you at?). They are people with social issues, and narcissism. They believe they're entitled to more attention, praise, women and recognition than they receive.

Sometimes they are victims of abuse or neglect Or domestic violence and sometimes they aren't. Some were ruthlessly bullied. Some were not. Some have mental health diagnoses or neurological disorders and some do not.

One commonality (other than the obvious) is that they get the notoriety and attention and vengeance they crave due to relentless media attention.

I think we could decide as a culture that we aren't going to do that anymore. Don't publicize their names and photos. Eventually boycott news agencies that do.

The media used to air suicides and shooting by police, live. They use to publish full photos of dead bodies, even of children. But they decided to stop.

I think we have the power to change the culture.

I am here. Just posted about this. I expect to here more about Nikolas Cruz.

Injustice collectors are seen in rampage killers, terrorists, abusers/bullies, and jealous lovers.

If school police are still the same caliber of those of the late 90's, I'm not surprised that they weren't a deterrent today. No offense intended, but my school's police officers, real LE, were considered a joke on campus.

No, law enforcement officers were on scene, not rent-a-cop phonies, iirc. School security in most places is far better than it was 20 years ago, imo, mainly because school shootings keep happening and kids keep bringing guns to school. ☹️

Wait, school shootings have been part of American culture since our country was founded?? Maybe I should read more history books! [emoji6]
Well there was the Bath, Michigan massacre in 1927. But that's not actually a shooting... so I suppose it can depend on how one defines things... Like Wikipedia's list of "school shootings" includes anytime a firearm was discharged on a school infrastructure, campus, and in at least one instance, school bus.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shootings_in_the_United_States

In any case I don't know or understand what kind of mental gymnastics must occur to convince oneself this topic is overblown or not actually relevant to reality nor that a huge factor is to be ignored.... repeatedly and deliberately.

Then others would claim the media is suppressing facts. Because they would be.

And the media hasn’t covered live suicides in decades, at least 40 years, if ever. At least, not on purpose. Attempts, maybe. But never live suicides on purpose. That’s tabloid-level, unethical unjournalistic, sensationalist drivel published by trash.

Police chases and shootings are still sometimes aired live, but it’s not because the news station believes it’ll end in death.

MOO, IMO

The media has covered suicides in the last 40 years. Perhaps not intentionally. But about a couple decades ago they began a policy of zooming out so they wouldn't broadcast anything gruesome.
Reportedly frustrated with his HMO coverage, cancer and HIV patient Daniel Jones parked his pickup truck in the middle of an L.A. freeway, set his vehicle on fire (with his dog still inside) and then committed suicide by placing the barrel of a shotgun under his chin and firing. The incident was apparently witnessed by several school children, whose afternoon cartoons had been interrupted to show what had begun as a high-speed chase. This led to several stations rethinking their minute-by-minute coverage of such events, which had gained in popularity since O.J. Simpson's much-televised Bronco chase. (Note that the above video is VERY graphic. Watch at your own risk.) https://www.ranker.com/list/deaths-on-live-tv/christopher-shultz

I am not talking about government censorship. LE should have the name available for any who want it. (Although I think they should refuse to publicize it in announcements).

And I think the media should print everything about the coward, - age, job, history, accounts from people who knew the creep, etc. But just voluntarily veer away from screaming out their names and blasting their faces all over the place. That's what fuels the next psycho.

If we all refuse to name them, change could occur.

I was calling for you earlier and your insights into these types. (You've researched so well).

When I heard about this massacre, I knew the killer would be an injustice collector.

My thoughts exactly! Especially #1. Are schools required to report to police and police sets up mental health evaluation etc. when a student threatens others and is expelled????

There is no money to do that . We need to know the name of alternative school to learn more

how big a gap between expulsion and placement\

when I worked with disenfranchised children i thought the dumbest thing to do is to expel aa child

the child already indicated he she was having troubles

so the answer is to throw the kid he is now alone ( did a lot with single mothers ) mom is at work

what do they expect a troubled kid to do left alone unsupervised get into trouble

that is what happens LE gets involved

the child is now locked up in detention

mom has to work or risk getting fired

so the child can stay there a while

that is a great envoron for troubled kids there are not learning basket wearving in juvnile detention

then there is money to get her child out

she has none

mom is angry and frsutrated

child hears that as rejection

more negative feelings

more anger

its cycle

a lot of times dad is in prison

the younger siblings are modeling the older child whose life consists of criminal behavior

mom cant get the child treatment that costs money and when is she gonna have the time to take the shield

my sense is this was not a single parent but don't really know

mom finally has to go again and get her child

and is fired

now she has no money for gas to go on a interview

cars are older models which have problems

so if mom can another job

her car dies

twice

and she gets fired again

now she is racking up a fired history

a little off topic for this guy he was found in an relatively affluent area

but its a mess

Always fantasized that the remedy might be combine all the money were spending for all sorts of separate services and make like universities

where the single moms with kids get an apt there is school on campus therapy clinic etc etc in one location no need for a car mom can work at the facility

parenting classes there

give resources in one location for folks to try to get out

school for mom same campus etc etc

fantasy

and yet no one did anything to prevent this.

That isn’t an established fact, iirc. I get we’re all emotional right now. And rightly so. At the same time, many also seem to be acknowledging that they did, in fact, intervene to deal with his problem behavior, many times, in many ways.

Why is it that schools cannot have locked doors so that no one unauthorized is allowed to just walk in? I don’t understand this.

I thought they practiced this already everywhere. Problem here was he pulled the fire alarm to get them out of the classrooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11