FL - 17 killed in Stoneman Douglas H.S. shooting, Parkland, 14 Feb 2018 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Everyone,

I uploaded a bit of audio tonight.

CNN's Anderson Cooper read all 17 names of those killed and added a bit of information on almost all the names. He said there were a few victims they were still trying to find out about but he did have something interesting to say about almost all of them.

It is really profound with the pictures. Check out Cooper's video RIGHT HERE

If you want to step into the vortex that is known as Tricia's opinion click on any of the links below and
you can hear exactly why we won't allow a gun discussion. After about 3 minutes Anderson Cooper reads the names of the victims.

https://www.spreaker.com/user/7039907/these-are-the-victims-of-the-florida-sch

https://soundcloud.com/tricia-arrin...re-the-victims-of-the-florida-school-shooting

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2018/02/16/names-of-17-people-murdered-in-florida

I read an article or heard a news clip (too much info, but it was msm as it is all I have seen ) that the little brother was at that school that day. Has anyone seen that? I haven't heard anything about him, but I really hope someone is hugging him tightly. He lost everything he knew, and now he will be linked to this event forever. In the worst way. He is a vcitim, in a very real way.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

One more thing I forgot to mention earlier.

Let's please keep religion out of this discussion OK?

You will not change anyone's mind about their religious belief or lack of religious belief.

Religion is not the answer when it comes to angry boys wanting to kill people for no reason.

It is some sort of mental health issue. What kind of issue I don't know.

Remember Mitchell Johnson and Andrew Goldman ?

From Wikipedia
"Following the shooting, Johnson's attorney claimed that he had been sexually abused when he was 6 and 7 years by a "family member of the daycare where he was placed." One year prior to the shooting, 12-year-old Mitchell was charged with molesting a 3-year-old girl while visiting southern Minnesota with his family. However, the record of the case was expunged because of Mitchell's age.[SUP][2][/SUP]

That would explain a lot.

How could we get Cruz out of society and into a hospital? Maybe it could be said he was a danger to others and therefore could be involuntarily committed but that's only good for 72 hours.

Do you think parents, or the government should be able to assess an adult child's mental capacity and have them committed for a lengthy period of time?

Cruz was SCREAMING what he was going to do on social media. Why wasn't he stopped?

Tricia

I read an article or heard a news clip (too much info, but it was msm as it is all I have seen ) that the little brother was at that school that day. Has anyone seen that? I haven't heard anything about him, but I really hope someone is hugging him tightly. He lost everything he knew, and now he will be linked to this event forever. In the worst way. He is a vcitim, in a very real way.

BBM - I saw that on MSM also, but don't remember the exact source.

moo

IMO, we should focus on the motivation, the detection, and deterence of these killers, not the means.
I know some don't believe in assigning blame to LE and although it's true that this act is 100% the fault of Cruz, I don't think the FBI, school officials, or local LE did enough to protect the kids or the public. When reading the accounts of people that knew him, the offenses he commited at school, the postings, the pictures of guns, the declaration to be a professional school shooter, the resource officer warning teachers he is dangerous, etc.... it should make you wonder how in the world this kid was allowed to be anywhere near weapons or the school. Just my opinion but to me the breakdown was at the authoritative level. For goodness sake everyone knew he was a danger including the FBI. There will be lawsuits over this and hopefully congressional hearings. Is this not negligence?

Personally I hope each family sues and then through that process we will know just how bad the system let everyone down. At that point we will find who did not do their job.

3 teachers gave their lives to protect students. What remarkable men, through the anger, the accusations, and rush to judgement I hope these men, their names, and their actions will not be forgotten. True heroes that died so others could live.

Clues to the Mind of Florida School Shooter
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/slightly-blighty/201802/clues-the-mind-florida-school-shooter
Eric Madfis, an Associate Professor of Criminal Justice at the University of Washington, Tacoma, argues that there’s a tendency for the mass media to portray school shootings as pointless, random and motiveless tragedies when they are not.
Instead, Eric Madfis argues in his investigation entitled, "In Search of Meaning: Are School Rampage Shootings Random and Senseless Violence?" that clear patterns emerge.
Eric Madfis’ analysis, recently published in the Journal of Psychology, finds that many school shooters develop and fantasize about their schemes for weeks or even months before executing them. For example, the Columbine killers, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, invested more than a year elaborately organizing their attack.

Madfis’ examination of thwarted school rampage attacks also found extensive planning, including "hit lists" and even "do not kill" records, suicide notes, maps of schools with attack tactics drawn on them, plots on social media websites, and inquiries into previous rampage shootings.

Eric Madfis dismisses the popular depiction of mass shootings as the result of someone out of the blue “snapping” and committing violence on a spur-of-the-moment.

Extensive planning indicates that rampage attacks serve purposes. These also fall into clear repeated patterns, including vengeance, infamy seeking, a need for a sense of macho power, often with a background of long-term internal discord and interpersonal defeats.

"Had agents been able to confirm Cruz was the same person as the YouTube poster, they would have found dozens of photos of rifles, ammunition, targets filled with bullet holes, which likely would have led to a face-to-face interview."

"It's a tricky situation because sometimes you get information regarding individuals and they may be just showing off, blustering," said Herbert Cousins Jr., a retired FBI special agent in charge."

http://www.wral.com/did-fbi-miss-a-warning-before-florida-high-school-shooting-/17345744/

MAYBE, "blustering" on public forums needs to considered a crime?

MAYBE, the FBI needs to hire a handful of "armchair sleuths" to do the social media search they seem unable to do, then decide if the "threat" is worthy of further investigation.

Perhaps, an open request to curious armchair sleuths with a small "reward" in the event that it is found that the person is indeed a time bomb.
They could call it the "FBwhy"- (why we need to dig deeper. )

I truly feel like the FBI is way behind regarding SM postings from past criminals and several tragedies "could" have been prevented had there been some "support" from people devoted to sleuthing the truth!

MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

http://nyp.st/2Eto6vY

This article discusses how Trump recently stopped a law that would have required people getting SSI for mental health issues to be reported so they couldn't buy guns.

Yes, I heard a local talk show discussing this yesterday. IIRC they also mentioned they had texted that day (with no nefarious conspiracy implications).

http://www.newsradioklbj.com/media/podcasts/the-jeff-ward-show

From what I’ve read, seen, heard, etc and imho, the shooter was likely Autistic and Schizophrenic.

There are traits we are born with and there’s the environment in which we are raised that shapes us. “Nature and Nurture” plays the roles together....not one alone.

Copycat threats have begun, this one a 9th grader with easy access to a semi automatic pellet gun. Why do so many of these disturbed kids have such easy access to sophisticated weapons? Is it mental illness that's part of their households, making adults stockpile weapons? Is there some kind of mental illness related to stockpiling of weapons?

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2018/02/teen_who_threatened_round_2_of.html

And another

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...other-foiled-his-plan/?utm_term=.e50172b723a1
“This was a student that nobody would have suspected,” Mukilteo School District spokesperson Andrew Muntz told Fox affiliate KCPQ following the news.

Midway through February, the United States has seen six school shootings in 2018. The latest national tragedy unfolded in the opposite corner of the country Wednesday, when an ex-student opened fire at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High in Parkland, Florida. Seventeen people were reported as dead.

He was adopted. His adoptive father died when he was 6 years old and his adoptive mother died of complications from the flu (pneumonia) back in November. After her death, another family took him in. They had a son who attended the high school. This is probably where the "little brother" part is coming in. He had only been staying with the family for a few months, just since his mother's death.

Gunman confessed to Florida high school shooting, police say

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/15/us/florida-high-school-shooting/index.html

"After Lynda Cruz's death, the family of someone Cruz met at the high school let him stay in their home, said Jim Lewis, attorney for the host family."

""Obviously, he'd lost his mom. But they helped him get a job at a Dollar Tree store. They got him going to an adult education so he could try to get his GED and he seemed to be doing better," Lewis said."

Here is something else that the article said. I'd like to know a lot more about this...

"Broward Sheriff's deputies were called to the Cruz family home 39 times since 2010, according to documents obtained by CNN. The sheriff's office received a range of emergency calls that included: "mentally ill person," "child/elderly abuse," "domestic disturbance," "missing person." Details of those calls are not immediately available; most of them are marked "no written report," so it's impossible to know if they involved Nikolas Cruz."

That article failed to mention the ACLU and 23 national disability groups opposed it. Disingenuousness makes people want to buy more guns.

https://www.aclu.org/blog/disability-rights/gun-control-laws-should-be-fair

Sometimes the ACLU is wrong. It happens. It will come up again, and again and again. People are beyond fed up with the status quo. JMO, we've reached a tipping point. I'll also add that this time the shooter targeted a group of students whose parents aren't going to go away quietly.

ETA: Sounds as though the Broward County sheriff agrees

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mourn-potential-lost-vigil-held-17-victims-parkland/story?id=53122482

He was adopted. His adoptive father died when he was 6 years old and his adoptive mother died of complications from the flu (pneumonia) back in November. After her death, another family took him in. They had a son who attended the high school. This is probably where the "little brother" part is coming in. He had only been staying with the family for a few months, just since his mother's death.

Gunman confessed to Florida high school shooting, police say

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/15/us/florida-high-school-shooting/index.html

"After Lynda Cruz's death, the family of someone Cruz met at the high school let him stay in their home, said Jim Lewis, attorney for the host family."

""Obviously, he'd lost his mom. But they helped him get a job at a Dollar Tree store. They got him going to an adult education so he could try to get his GED and he seemed to be doing better," Lewis said."

Here is something else that the article said. I'd like to know a lot more about this...

"Broward Sheriff's deputies were called to the Cruz family home 39 times since 2010, according to documents obtained by CNN. The sheriff's office received a range of emergency calls that included: "mentally ill person," "child/elderly abuse," "domestic disturbance," "missing person." Details of those calls are not immediately available; most of them are marked "no written report," so it's impossible to know if they involved Nikolas Cruz."

No, it's his real brother. They were both adopted. They have the same biological mother but different biological fathers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$