FL - 17 killed in Stoneman Douglas H.S. shooting, Parkland, 14 Feb 2018 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious question about adoptions:

Do prospective adoptive parents get any information about alcohol or drug habits of bio parents? Is this tracked or
just ignored because so many people want newborn babies.

I know in past years there have been adoptive parents who gave up foreign born (Russian) babies due to children having mental problems from birth and it was not disclosed.

GUys this was very upsetting. I had only heard a lot of calls but then dates came

This started in terms of calls in like 2010.He was 11/ That is a child . .

Or to put it another way cops had contact a bunch of times with a 10 year old out of control child

Now maybe this happened and its confidential but LE by law would be required to call DCF.

May have happened but 30 times is clearly a seriously ill child . There were some reasons for call were attacking the mom/

CNN has a diagram deal/ I found it was very interesting. I had this image of randomness.

It was not. He Specifically went to 4 classrooms - made me think these must be the rooms where he was bullied or had teachers he had problems etc

he passed two classes

he went back and forth in this four classrooms

he then abruptly went up to a specific classroom and so on .

He passed many classrooms

also

This is very telling as well

Nikolas was young, he needed extra attention. She knew in school he needed extra help.”

This translates to the entire world I lived with these kids

Life is really hard for them . WIth peers needing extra help results in a lot of your stupid dumb a@@ nerd etc etc

Think of how that gets internalized -- I am stupid. That does not result in good feelings about oneself.

When really young the difficulties experienced in learning like others around them is very frustrating for them

even when they try they cant quite grasp it

Their kids frustration leads to acting out as a release . Acting out gets lots of negative attn from teachers and adults

more internalized

single moms stressed they have their human qualities too . Getting called over and over for wither detention (or in the case of this population) it is often please come get Nick he is out of control right now

WHen out of control the thing they need most is sameness. Just the process while out of control getting taken to the office riding in moms car getting back to the house all very stimulating and agitating for the individual increased escalation .

Mom is exhausted -- then the younger sibling comes home from school

he is used to it he hears screaming as he approaches his home . He is younger he is scared he does not like seeing mommy all upset and or watching his older brother yelling screaming crying hitting himself throwing things -- it is very traumatic stuff -- for everyone involved

Another very distressing angle to this awful illness is a total lack of predictability. There are no clues -- the loss of control happens at any time and in any place

This creates another whole exhausting reality. Mom and his younger brother are scared to go anywhere outside of their walls -- because no one knows when or how intense or how long the outburst will last .

If they plan had been to go a movie and he loses control that is scrapped . younger sibling is disappointed and mad at older brother you can see where this is going

It is really like being held hostage

It a minefield .

Mom is single so has to manage as a single parent for two .

It is really a tough illness on everyone .

In schools peers are afratid of him too at that age. More distancing from human contact

The little child is all alone , is getting negative reactions from things he she cant control its a very sad illiness

Rejection self hate are profound

Anger perculates the world has been cruel

sad...............

THe meds (like schizophrenia ) are to be frank primarily to drug em down . SO now we have a child who has trouble learning anyway doped up and sleepy.

Not a real winning combination

as the child gets older peer expectations of age appropriate behavior increases.

He she is already way behind in this arena but the expectations around him are different and harder to do

[FONT=PT Serif, Georgia, Times, Times New Roman, serif]the response by the world around them changes -- more isolation and different isolation .[/FONT]

[FONT=PT Serif, Georgia, Times, Times New Roman, serif]mom was 68 this is tough stuff for a young mom [/FONT]

[FONT=PT Serif, Georgia, Times, Times New Roman, serif]for a geriatric cant imagine stunned DCF (maybe they did)had not stepped into this family system long ago

[/FONT]if not teachers are in trouble

they are mandated reporters by law they must call dcf when they have concerns about the welfare of any child

Cruz was adopted, along with his younger brother Zachary, by Lynda and Roger Cruz after the couple moved from Long Island, N.Y., to Broward County.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/1...ths-leading-up-to-massacre-attorney-says.html

Lewis told the Sun Sentinel that Cruz and his brother were living with a family in Palm Beach County, but Cruz was not happy and asked a friend from the Parkland high school if he could move in.

Lewis said Cruz was allowed to move in after Thanksgiving and was encouraged to take adult education classes. Cruz also got a job at a dollar store.

He added that Lynda Cruz and her late husband, Roger Cruz, who died in 2004, adopted Nikolas and his half-brother, Zachary, at a young age.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-nikolas-cruz-20180215-htmlstory.html

That afternoon, Cruz hailed an Uber, using the online car-service app. In the car on the way to Douglas, he was texting with the friend whose family had taken him in. That friend was a junior at Douglas. He was in class as Cruz neared the school. But Cruz's texts to him gave no reason for alarm.

"Hey yo, hey whatcha doin?" was the last text Cruz sent, Lewis recounted.

That was 2:18 p.m.

At 2:19 p.m., the gunman arrived, according to a police timeline released Thursday.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-82-minutes-florida-shooting-20180215-story.html

Idk just seems odd that she got Nik the day he was born and then got his younger half brother.

I do find it a little odd that family in ny only met them once for funeral. I have a feeling that mom did not tell family the truth about how bad Nik had become.

not sure if the 30 calls from LE is totally correct.
there are 2 Nikolas Cruz in Broward Co. Fl. Our guy was born 9/24/98

Wrong one was born May, 1998. Be careful.

I know in past years there have been adoptive parents who gave up foreign born (Russian) babies due to children having mental problems from birth and it was not disclosed.

I would guess that in the case of Russian babies the problems are quite likely to be down to FAS, but since alcoholism is so common there it's likely that these babies are largely regarded as falling within the boundaries of "normal".

Here is the pic i have been referring to

DWCg2v8WAAEZGlV.jpg

notice his red hair was not like that yesterday in court

also here are the shorts

what struck out to me was they look like regular shorts

that struck me as dressing correctly ( common)

looks like there is a pocket in the shorts

underwear does not have pockets!!

The hair made me think of Holmes?

A question about firearms.

I know that when fully automatic weapons were banned from sale (when? the 1980s?) those who legally owned them at the time were permitted to keep them under a grandfathering arrangement.

Have any of those weapons ever been involved in a mass shooting since then?

Here is the pic i have been referring to

DWCg2v8WAAEZGlV.jpg

notice his red hair was not like that yesterday in court

also here are the shorts

what struck out to me was they look like regular shorts

that struck me as dressing correctly ( common)

looks like there is a pocket in the shorts

underwear does not have pockets!!

The hair made me think of Holmes?

One of his former schoolmates described him as 'having red hair and very pale skin'.
ane we've heard the teasing remarks in other situations about "gingers".

Yes, I heard a local talk show discussing this yesterday. IIRC they also mentioned they had texted that day (with no nefarious conspiracy implications).

http://www.newsradioklbj.com/media/podcasts/the-jeff-ward-show

That afternoon, Cruz hailed an Uber, using the online car-service app. In the car on the way to Douglas, he was texting with the friend whose family had taken him in. That friend was a junior at Douglas. He was in class as Cruz neared the school. But Cruz's texts to him gave no reason for alarm.

"Hey yo, hey whatcha doin?" was the last text Cruz sent, Lewis recounted.

That was 2:18 p.m.

At 2:19 p.m., the gunman arrived, according to a police timeline released Thursday.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-82-minutes-florida-shooting-20180215-story.html

Thanks for the clarification on the texting. It was not with his brother ZC but with his friend who took him in.

Also, they were adopted after ZC was born, so NK was 2yo.

Was Nikolas receiving SSI for mental health issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wondered this also, and isn't there some dispensation for older teens who's parents have died- if they were previously on ss it can be continued IF they are enrolled in full time schooling. ??
From the looks of the home of his hs friend, where he was living, I'd guess the family needed the ss money- which
could be why they made him enroll in the alternative school.

I wondered this also, and isn't there some dispensation for older teens who's parents have died- if they were previously on ss it can be continued IF they are enrolled in full time schooling. ??
From the looks of the home of his hs friend, where he was living, I'd guess the family needed the ss money- which
could be why they made him enroll in the alternative school.

He would have to actually been deemed disabled to continue any benefits past age 18 or 19 if he was a full time student. Adult education (possibly GED prep?) is not generally full time. I was under the impression his adoptive parents were relatively wealthy, he may have had inheritance or a trust that would have helped out. https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10085.pdf
885b9494b807f142d9d52930997ce424.jpg

That article failed to mention the ACLU and 23 national disability groups opposed it. Disingenuousness makes people want to buy more guns.

https://www.aclu.org/blog/disability-rights/gun-control-laws-should-be-fair

I am not sure about disingenuous. I will say that while I may not have loved every aspect of that law, I know that if there are groups on each side of an issue worried about who is affected and how then we are probably on the right track. Your comment implies that guns out of the hands of those who are mentally hill is a left or right issue. Laws should be designed for a purpose. If the law needed to be tweaked to ensure protections, then tweak it rather than throw it out. If a person is mentally ill or incapacitated then limiting access to guns seems like a good policy to pursue.

The idea that all people who are left or right ascribe to a particular view point or set of laws is false.

He would have to actually been deemed disabled to continue any benefits past age 18 or 19 if he was a full time student. Adult education (possibly GED prep?) is not generally full time. I was under the impression his adoptive parents were relatively wealthy, he may have had inheritance or a trust that would have helped out. https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10085.pdf
885b9494b807f142d9d52930997ce424.jpg

So when he moved in w/ his friend's parents mobile home, he still would have had 10 months remaining to receive
ss until Sept. 2018. that was worth pursuing if money was limited in this family.

Also I read that his adoptive parents' home sold after the mothers death for $575,000. So yes, there was probably
some funds available there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member