FL - 7 yr old steals Grandma's SUV

That was exactly the attitude he presented, Mr. E. He didn't show any sign of remorse either. It was "fun" hitting other cars! Grrrr....

To me that was was what was so shocking about this, he showed no remorse and the coments that he thought it was fun were infuriating. It just showes that child is surrounded by bad influences and has no discipline. He also hasn't been taught to respect other peoples property.

my punishment if he were my kid:

- GET RID of ALL his video games
- bed time of 8:30 p.m. (and id check in on him every hour to make sure he was there)
- make him start to work (he can deliver papers in a few years right?) to pay me back from at least some of the money i'd owe
- no friend time unless it's someone i approved of. and that would only be for a few hours on the weekends. rest of the time would be devoted to homework, chores and family time.

this punishment would last till all debts were payed off.

i know this is harsh. im always known as the easy going one too. but im the type of person who i'm REALLY easy going, until something like this happens. cross me like this, not so much. you betta watch out !!!
(that's right, i'm from right outside of philly ... you bet i can be just as tough as this kid lol)

- bed time of 8:30 p.m. (and id check in on him every hour to make sure he was there)
- make him start to work (he can deliver papers in a few years right?) to pay me back from at least some of the money i'd owe
- no friend time unless it's someone i approved of. and that would only be for a few hours on the weekends. rest of the time would be devoted to homework, chores and family time.

i know this is harsh. im always known as the easy going one too. but im the type of person who i'm REALLY easy going, until something like this happens. cross me like this, not so much. you betta watch out !!!
(that's right, i'm from right outside of philly ... you bet i can be just as tough as this kid lol)

:clap: :clap: :clap: These are all things I would too. He also would have a chore list a mile long for a long long time to pay for all of this.

ttrache, that is not harsh. That is love. When you love your kid you want him to grow up to be a good person. Sometimes they have to be punished for their actions. I think some parents are forgetting that.

part of my motivation for this punishment is that this kid right now clearly has one future: JAIL. lots and lots of jail. juvenile and adult.

i would MAKE him capable of getting into college so he can turn his life around !!!!!

Oh wow! That kid is horrible! What kind of parents does this child have? I wonder if there is a father around.
Grandma didn't seem to be to worried either.
While I would not hit or spank my child out of anger, I would spank him for sure then he would be stuck in his bedroom.

CPS needs to step up and find this child a GOOD, loving and stern household that does not allow all the "ghetto culture" inside! This child needs to be sheltered so he can see that being a is a waste of life.

If there is help this child has a chance but if CPS drops the ball (Again and again and again) he will be in jail next year.

This kid is at it again...this time he pummeled his grandmother in a Wal-Mart when she wouldn't let him have chicken wings.

http://www.local6.com/spotlight/16291522/detail.html

He needs to be locked up.

I am glad this child is undergoing a mental evaluation. Did that happen after the car-stealing incident? It seems like his caretakers are having a terrible time handling him - I imagine anyone would. I do not know what the solution is or what options might be available to him.

A 7 yr old child in Palm Beach, FL, stole his grandma's SUV because he was mad and wanted to have some fun. So him and his 7 yr old smoking friend (yes, a 7 yr old friend that smokes cigarettes) took off in grandma's SUV. Now, most kids would be scared off their tails to draw the kind of attention this young boy has drawn, from police and his family... but not this kid. :| I have a feeling that this will not be the last time that child gets into criminal level trouble. (warning: his attitude in the video may tick you off... I know it did me... he better be glad I am not his momma.)

http://www.wftv.com/news/16027768/detail.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKN64o-vHyU

Without reading anything beyond the first post....... Are you kidding??
Obviously his mother is a *advertiser censored* .... A 7 YO does not do such things if they have a good parent.

At the end of the latest video they said the grandma thinks it is due to a bad living situation with his parents. I hope they can get him the proper help and get his life back on track.

Send the dang boy to juvie; he'll need a lot of help if that even works. He seems to get his kicks about getting attention from the trouble he makes such light of.

Send the dang boy to juvie; he'll need a lot of help if that even works. He seems to get his kicks about getting attention from the trouble he makes such light of.

God - the idea of a 7-year-old in juvie just kills me. My son is 7. This child definitely needs an adult(s) who cares enough to set strict boundaries and to love him and hold on with him. I feel like juvie will only set him on the road to falling beyond anyone's reach.

Somebody dropped the ball with this kid, bigtime. From his obvious weight problem, to his actions. He didn't learn all of this overnight. Very sad.

that poor guy needs some positive reinforcement and some ATTENTION!!!! Seems like he got a lot of attention with the car thing even if it was negative (take what you can get right?) I'm afraid that he's going to keep doing thing like this to keep getting attention. I agree with some of you previous posters. He needs people that will show him love, attention and discipline.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

And during any minimal free time he has, he would be writing letters to his grandmother and the other vehicle owners saying he is sorry. And I would spend more than a little time telling him about how his actions affected those people and how parents need to trust their kids and since he had worked so hard to destroy trust he would have to work twice as hard to earn it back.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

And during any minimal free time he has, he would be writing letters to his grandmother and the other vehicle owners saying he is sorry. And I would spend more than a little time telling him about how his actions affected those people and how parents need to trust their kids and since he had worked so hard to destroy trust he would have to work twice as hard to earn it back.

and homeschool! Keep him away from the other 'hood rats he is so obsessed with!

God - the idea of a 7-year-old in juvie just kills me. My son is 7. This child definitely needs an adult(s) who cares enough to set strict boundaries and to love him and hold on with him. I feel like juvie will only set him on the road to falling beyond anyone's reach.

I know a 7 year old in juvie is bad..i shouldn't have said that. He seems to think that his behavior is perfectly fine. No one taught him respect for elders; if something isn't done he'll end up in juvie for sure. Either that or a youth mental ward. With the younger generations nowadays, and some of the things we hear about.. I have family that works in the mental health field with children in a mental hospital, and some of the kids have such problems.. each case is different. It's important that someone gets through to this child before he gets older.
In the system, with him already having the problems he has, and then some of the horrors of foster parents we hear about.. Hopefully he gets help somehow.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back