FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that growth problems are common w/ Turners, I think she was on growth hormones at one point.

It also said that the motor skills can be effected. I don't see Misti intentionally harming this little girl, but I have wondered a couple of times about a bathtub drowning. Fits well with a neglect scenario, but 5 seemed old to me for that type of accident. Just thinking outloud.

Hi Scandi! My little 5 year old is 39 lbs, as well. She's a tiny little thing. I know for a fact that she can fit into our cooler as she about gave me a heart attack by climbing into it (to hide from her sister) as we were cleaning the garage recently.

Thanks Anita and Searchfortruth, They think Madeleine McCann weighed about 36 lbs at age 4.

It just seems so small it makes me hope Haleigh was fed nutritious food. I know with health issues even with the perfect diet they will still stay small for their age. I had heard about the Turners but really never read much about it.

xox

Ditto that, Shutterfly! I am 51 and can totally relate.

I agree. I also think, based on video of Misty walking around with a cigarette in her hand, that she's just a young kid, "playing" at being a grown-up.

I hope she didn't lose her temper and hurt little Hayleigh, but it's extremely common in cases of domestic violence for the child to be injured by the non-biological "parent"-caregiver. Especially if the caregiver is a teen, they are just not always equipped to manage their temper/anger.

You're right about that. And I seriously doubt there's been anyone around lately who has given Misty any guidance on how to take care of small children. I mean, I don't hear that there was any older person, like a mom, that she seemed to have, to turn to. Ron himself is still in his early to mid 20's.
Also, Misty seems so passive and clueless, it seems like she might neglect a child and maybe not even realize (or have enough energy to care?) that she's neglecting her. Like maybe leaving the child or children alone in the trailer, as many here have speculated.

I noticed in one of the videos that the skirting of the Cummings home was torn away in a large section near the back/side door. Did anyone else notice that? And I have seen no mention of, or video of LE going under that mobile home. Anyone else?
No, I didn't notice that!

I noticed in one of the videos that the skirting of the Cummings home was torn away in a large section near the back/side door. Did anyone else notice that? And I have seen no mention of, or video of LE going under that mobile home. Anyone else?

I didn't notice, i'm glad it was though. If someone is underneath a mobile home, you can hear everyone's footsteps; even with carpet. It's good their checking underneath for potential evidence, i had been thinking about that.. also cinderblocks could be underneath

It also said that the motor skills can be effected. I don't see Misti intentionally harming this little girl, but I have wondered a couple of times about a bathtub drowning. Fits well with a neglect scenario, but 5 seemed old to me for that type of accident. Just thinking outloud.
Hmmm....are seizures common with Turner's Syndrome? Five is a little old for a tub accident; however, I am clumsy myself and prone to slipping in the shower. Because of this, I am extremely cautious with my girls in the tub, knowing that it would be easy to slip & bang their head on the wall/tub and drown. :(

Hi folks,

Just checking in and haven't caught up on everything. It appears Misty is pretty adamant that back door was locked.

anymore news on the cynder block/brick?

Originally Posted by Searchfortruth
This is towards the bottom of the article, apologize if it has been posted already.

Channel 4's Laura Mazzeo and Diane Cho report a large number of federal agents and local police at the Cummings' mobile home late Monday afternoon, but no one would discuss what information prompted the response.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/18725807/detail.html
This is very curious. First, the search of the field and then they come back to the house. Hmmmm...What could that mean? I think something is brewing.

I see we are still back to including Misty on the theory of missing Haleigh. The dog tracking to the pond and then the tracks tells me this child was taken. Why would Misty take this route late at night. BTW what time does it get dark in Florida? How long did the nephews play with Haleigh?

I wonder if the dogs were sent to track Misty's scent? If so they would know if Misty had been with Haleigh.

I don't think Misty is a subject.

Hi folks,

Just checking in and haven't caught up on everything. It appears Misty is pretty adamant that back door was locked.

The perp has to have gotten in somehow, so if LE says there's no sign of forced entry, just how did he get in? The front door? With a key? :waitasec: I wonder if her cousin could've stolen a spare key when he visited and took the gun? MOO

In light of all the good parent/bad parent discussion, I thought you guys might enjoy this. Just my way of attempting to break some of the tension while we wait and pray for answers.

To all the kids who survived the 1940's,50's, 60's ,70's and 80's!!

First,
we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank
while they were pregnant.

They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a
can and didn't get tested for diabetes.

Then
after that trauma, we were put to sleep on our tummies in
baby cribs covered with bright colored lead-base paints.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, locks on
doors or cabinets and when we rode our bikes, we had
baseball caps not helmets on our heads.

As infants & children, we would ride in cars with no
car seats, booster seats, seat belts or air bags.

Riding
in the back of a pick up truck on a warm day was always a special treat.

We
drank water from the garden hose and not from a bottle.

We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle
and no one actually died from this.

We ate cupcakes, white bread, real butter and bacon. We
drank Kool-aid made with real white sugar. And, we weren't
overweight.

WHY?

Because we were always outside, playing...that ' s why!

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as
long as we were back when the streetlights came on.
No one was able to reach us all day. And, we were O.K.

We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps
and then ride down the hill, only to find out we forgot the
brakes. After running into the bushes a few times,
we learned to solve the problem.

We did not have Playstations, Nintendo's and X-boxes.
There were no video games, no 150 channels on cable, no video movies or DVD's,
no surround-sound or CD's, no cell phones, no personal
computers, no Internet and no chat rooms

WE HAD FRIENDS and we went outside and found them!

We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there
were no lawsuits from these accidents.

We ate worms and mud pies made from dirt, and the worms did
not live in us forever.

We were given BB guns for our 10th birthdays, made up games
with sticks and tennis balls and, although we were told it
would happen, we did not put out very many eyes.

We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door
or rang the bell, or just walked in and talked to them.

Little League had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those
who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment.

Imagine that!!

The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was
unheard of. They actually sided with the law!

These generations have produced some of the best risk-takers problem solvers and inventors ever.

The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas.

We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we
learned how to deal with it all.

If YOU are one of us,
CONGRATULATIONS!

WOW!! This really takes me back to my childhood (born Dec. 1941) and even reminded me of my four childrens younger years from (born 1964-1969).

Thanks really enjoyed reading and wish our lives could be so simple and trustworthy now. So sad!!

HLN....issues with JVM coming up with what they claim is the latest on Haleigh.............

Hi folks,

Actually not much news today at all. We've just been talking about proper uses of numeric, the brothers/no brothers of Misty, the jailed/not jailed RSO Chad Reynolds...about it. :crazy:

In light of all the good parent/bad parent discussion, I thought you guys might enjoy this. Just my way of attempting to break some of the tension while we wait and pray for answers.

(snipped for space)
That was very cute! I'm lucky to live where the kids can still play like that.

Everyone needs to get their kids the below book. It's uber cool.

http://www.dangerousbookforboys.com/

ETA: my boy has a foreign metal object in his left eye orbit that will stay there forever....Hmmmm, wonder what he was doing when he got that?

The perp has to have gotten in somehow, so if LE says there's no sign of forced entry, just how did he get in? The front door? With a key? :waitasec:

A key or unlocked door.

This is very curious. First, the search of the field and then they come back to the house. Hmmmm...What could that mean? I think something is brewing.

Channel 4's Laura Mazzeo and Diane Cho report a large number of federal agents and local police at the Cummings' mobile home late Monday afternoon, but no one would discuss what information prompted the response.

I couldn't find the last statement in the link provided. Federal agents and local police at their home today?

First,
we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank
while they were pregnant.

They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a
can and didn't get tested for diabetes.

Then
after that trauma, we were put to sleep on our tummies in
baby cribs covered with bright colored lead-base paints.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, locks on
doors or cabinets and when we rode our bikes, we had
baseball caps not helmets on our heads.

As infants & children, we would ride in cars with no
car seats, booster seats, seat belts or air bags.

Riding
in the back of a pick up truck on a warm day was always a special treat.

We
drank water from the garden hose and not from a bottle.

We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle
and no one actually died from this.

We ate cupcakes, white bread, real butter and bacon. We
drank Kool-aid made with real white sugar. And, we weren't
overweight.

WHY?

Because we were always outside, playing...that ' s why!

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as
long as we were back when the streetlights came on.
No one was able to reach us all day. And, we were O.K.

We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps
and then ride down the hill, only to find out we forgot the
brakes. After running into the bushes a few times,
we learned to solve the problem.

We did not have Playstations, Nintendo's and X-boxes.
There were no video games, no 150 channels on cable, no video movies or DVD's,
no surround-sound or CD's, no cell phones, no personal
computers, no Internet and no chat rooms

WE HAD FRIENDS and we went outside and found them!

We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there
were no lawsuits from these accidents.

We ate worms and mud pies made from dirt, and the worms did
not live in us forever.

We were given BB guns for our 10th birthdays, made up games
with sticks and tennis balls and, although we were told it
would happen, we did not put out very many eyes.

We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door
or rang the bell, or just walked in and talked to them.

Little League had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those
who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment.

Imagine that!!

The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was
unheard of. They actually sided with the law!

These generations have produced some of the best risk-takers problem solvers and inventors ever.

The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas.

We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we
learned how to deal with it all.

If YOU are one of us,
CONGRATULATIONS!

I've always enjoyed this! And its so true. Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa