FL FL - Bahia Honda Key, WhtFem 31UFFL, 17-25, on rocks under bridge, Mar'79

It's interesting to me that in the composite sketch they said she had thin eyebrows, and drew her with very thin eyebrows. But then her newest composite shows her with more natural and thicker brows

Has there been any post mortem pictures available for this jane doe? I personally find it easier to compare missing persons photos to pm photos. I find that some reconstruction pictures don't look quite like some pm photos.

The dates are off, but this sketch of Bahia Honda Jane Doe couldn't look more like the McDaniel twins (Peggy and Patty).

View attachment 115032

I wonder how certain they are of the Date LKA for the McDaniel girls.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/34729/0
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/34730/0

According to their step mother, the Date LKA is certain because a police report documents a contact with one of the two on Sep 15, 1979.

So we can put this possible match to bed. But the resemblance to the drawing is amazing.

Has anyone gone through girls who'd been missing longer, 5-10 years? She seems so identifiable that I'd suspect the reason for her staying unidentified has to be the time frame. If she run away (seems unlikely), was abducted by a stranger or kidnapped by a relative those 5-10 years ago, her family might not recognize her or connect this case to her. She may have lived at the other side of the country back then, or her family thinks she's alive with a relative, or her family thinks she died soon after the disappearance, for example.

What comes to my mind is that she had lived homeless before her death, and/or that she'd earned her living as a prostitute at least for a while. Could she have been a victim of human trafficking, or run away from the relative who originally kidnapped her? The heavy smoking that's been detected may be a sign of extreme anxiety or an attempt to postpone hunger when she didn't have money to eat properly.

Did you report this possible match?

Here's another pretty decent possible for the Bahia Honda Jane Doe:

Nancy Lynn Jason

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3142dfmd.html

NancyJason.jpg
31UFFL.jpg

* Her circumstances indicate that she may have gone to Florida with a cult.
* She was last seen about a year and a half before Jane Doe was located.
* Age, hair color, eye color, and apparent hairstyle are consistent.
* Her height is a couple of inches off.
* She very strongly resembles the drawing.

I lived in the Florida Keys for 10 years. It's a tough place to track missing people, as many who venture down there want to be missing in the first place! As they used to say, "you go to the Islands because you're running from a failed relationship, or the Law". I can easily envision numerous scenarios of what happened to the Bahia Honda Jane Doe: The area around Bahia Honda ('Deep Bay' in Spanish) is a mess of strong currents that move from the Gulf to the Atlantic and back when the tides shift...

It's a transient culture, and the unwritten rule is to never ask what your neighbor does for a living there; don't pry into other people's lives. I knew many people only by their nicknames; and they were good friends of mine...

From the Keys many used to head down to Costa Rica, Panama, etc to live (where it was cheaper - some would also go to the Dominican Republic.

Add to that the heavy drinking culture there, easy access to drugs, water everywhere you look (it doesn't matter how deep it is if it's over your head), hurricanes, doing stupid things (sitting on the edge of the bridge drinking and then you decide to just jump in with all your clothes on - and yes, this happens often and may or may not have been something I uh, did. Maybe more than once).

Well, so you can see how one could go there to disappear!

Simone Ridinger 1960 Massachusetts has been added as a rule out.

Amy Billig has been added to the ruleouts list.

8 Missing Person Exclusions
MP5852 Amy Billig 03/05/1974 Miami-Dade FL
MP947 Barbara Monaco 08/23/1978 Virginia Beach VA
MP946 Marcia Remick 06/05/1979 Virginia Beach VA
MP33661 Pamela Lovitt 09/26/1977 Wayne MI
MP40480 Peggy Reed 03/28/1974 Sonoma CA
MP6579 Sherry Roach 06/08/1976 San Mateo CA (x2)
MP2779 Simone Ridinger 09/02/1977 Middlesex MA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda
Back