Identified! FL - Big Cypress Natl Preserve, Male Hiker, Denim & “Mostly Harmless” July 2018 - Vance Rodriguez #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no medical background at all, and it could be very normal, but did anyone else notice bulging veins on the inside of his left elbow? He doesn’t look very vascular elsewhere. Could that be related to any particular condition?

I have no medical background at all, and it could be very normal, but did anyone else notice bulging veins on the inside of his left elbow? He doesn’t look very vascular elsewhere. Could that be related to any particular condition?

Could it be long term damage from IVs?

Would a hospital be able to identify him if doctors or nurses who cared for him recognized him? I have to see if HIPPA applies after death.

It’s possible he had an incurable form of cancer and just decided to spend the year his own way.

In prior photos' I thought his stomach was distended. Now I note he is wearing something around his waste under his shirt. Does anyone have a guess what this could be? In this photo, his face also seems to be swollen, especially around the eyes.

I see what you see but I can't tell what it is.

His left arm around the elbow looks like he's had blood work or IV or something recently.

He does not look at all healthy.

Also, I feel like the oldest photographs should be the most widely circulated. His appearance really changed over the course of the year's worth of photographs.

These appear to be early on when his appearance was more youthful. This screenshot is from the Sworn Statement page.

Attachments

• 20200125_154021.jpg
    20200125_154021.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 166
Also, I feel like the oldest photographs should be the most widely circulated. His appearance really changed over the course of the year's worth of photographs.

These appear to be early on when his appearance was more youthful. This screenshot is from the Sworn Statement page.

I believe the top photo is from Florida around the same time as the new photo on the CCSO site (January or Feb 2018). The bottom photo is from Damascus, VA in October 2017. IMO he only looks more youthful in those two photos because his beard and hair are shorter. He would shave and cut his hair, then let his beard grow, and shave again multiple times while hiking the AT and FT. I believe the oldest photo we have of him is the one in the church basement in Duncannon, PA taken around June or July 2017.

ETA link to Duncannon Church Photo: CLC Summer Hiker Meals

MOO.

Something is peculiar about this photo. Weird angle maybe? How has this particular one gone unseen for so long? Most all of them were posted by fellow hikers before CCSO issued statements about them. Hmm.

Much clearer than the others (of him at this “stage”). Definitely think it was taken in Florida and very near the end of his journey. I was right about his distended looking abdomen. I think this could be either the maps that were printed off for him in Georgia (IIRC) or the notebook he was writing code in.

First thing, after the items under his shirt, I noticed was his left arm. I won’t pretend to know anything about the subject, but it just looks as though his veins are bulging, not anything I’d associate with track marks. (Eta: necessarily). Tension in the way he’s standing/leaning? Could be a few things.

He’s certainly more sickly looking in this photo than he is the rest. But it looks almost caricature like to me. I’ve also noticed he doesn’t have much hair on his arms (or it’s very light)... not sure that means anything though.

I’ve hiked in jeans before...flip-flops even. Nothing like the Appalachian trail, but I’m no stranger to the outdoors so I acclimated lol

JMOO

From the CCSO link above:

“...he used the alias Ben Bilemy on registration paperwork”

I’m hoping that means they were able to locate said paperwork, and that it contained some useful information that we may not be privy to.

I believe the top photo is from Florida around the same time as the new photo on the CCSO site (January or Feb 2018). The bottom photo is from Damascus, VA in October 2017. IMO he only looks more youthful in those two photos because his beard and hair are shorter. He would shave and cut his hair, then let his beard grow, and shave again multiple times while hiking the AT and FT. I believe the oldest photo we have of him is the one in the church basement in Duncannon, PA taken around June or July 2017.

ETA link to Duncannon Church Photo: CLC Summer Hiker Meals

MOO.

Ok thank you for clarifying. That makes sense as the background in the top photo (the one I thought looked more youthful) actually looks like Florida flora in the background. So, I think you are correct.

From the CCSO link above:

“...he used the alias Ben Bilemy on registration paperwork”

I’m hoping that means they were able to locate said paperwork, and that it contained some useful information that we may not be privy to.

That's the name he used to register at hostels on the AT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox