GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else read the search warrant return? The list of items seized from the scene is somewhat chilling, I think. Many of them stand out, in particular several bottles of medication. Also, number 17? Does that say "DNR" on a sticky note in the stairwell? Another one in particular that I'm wondering about is right after number 23 (there's no number) which reads, "retirement papers". Wonder what that's about?

Warrant can be found here:

http://www.baynews9.com/static/articles/images/documents/Schenecker-Search-Warrant-Return-0201.pdf

17. DNR sticky note
Perhaps JPS tried to commit suicide with prescription meds? DNR do not resucitate.

maybe that is why JPS was in the ICU ? Drug overdose? That might explain alot

were the retirement papers Parkers or Julies? I think they were hers. So tragic. I am starting to strongly feel that JPS was well on her way to her death and her intended suicide failed.

Once again, in my desperate effort to make so sense of this, I am reminded, "we never know what is going on behind closed doors." It upset me to read that Calyx's track coach said that JPS seemed like a normal mom, even though she was, at times, forgetful. As a mother of more than one child, who tries so hard to meet each and everyone of the needs of my children, whom, I adore, consider coaches comment as an insult and a judgement. Perhaps, that gives us some insight as to why JPS did not get the help she so desperately need to save the lives of her children.

ITA! You mentioned you're local, too. I'm not sure about you but I definitely sometimes feel that our area is a pressure-cooker for families, especially mothers. There is rampant competition to do the best, be the best, look the best, have your kids at the best schools with the best grades, best batting average and best everything. I can totally see why someone in the midst of a mental breakdown wouldn't readily reach out, nor would the family. I wonder why exactly the coach deemed her as "forgetful". Was it just routine mom stuff? Or was there something more to it?

I was also struck by the DNR ("Do Not Resuscitate") sign and wonder if Julia "planned" to place it above her own body at the time she "planned" to commit suicide....really sick. I also noticed "retirement papers" and think perhaps the couple had been discussing Parker's retirement from the Army, considering it as a way out of the awful family situation they were experiencing.

Do Not Resuscitate. DNR

I wonder if there was ever a discussion of the husband retiring? perhaps the retirement papers were left out for that reason. I have a feeling the notes will provide more insight. moo

I thought the same thing about the DNR note, "really sick". I'm familiar with the meaning of "DNR", which is why I'm scratching my head thinking, really??! And why was it in the stairwell? Did she drop it? Did she mean to place it there? I guess focusing on the little things that don't make sense help me avoid thinking about the senselessness of the whole thing.

Regarding the retirement papers, I had similar thoughts. Did JPS issue some sort of ultimatum? Was it something that they might have been considering just because it was time? Or because the family was under duress?

were the retirement papers Parkers or Julies? I think they were hers. So tragic. I am starting to strongly feel that JPS was well on her way to her death and her intended suicide failed.

Agreed even more so because they found her unconscious in the pool area.

"This mom had likely just been administered an extremely large dose of an antipsychotic medication, probably Thorazine. A paramedic or EMT very likely gave her a very large dose of Thorazine because of some behavior she was exhibiting that would impair the LE officers' ability to transport her in their patrol car.

...but it is also a side effect of a very large, one-time dose of an antipsychotic medication. This is used by EMTs/paramedics to transport individuals that could not be transported safely without immediate sedation."

This is very interesting info. I had no idea a single, large dose of Thorazine could do that.

Early reports said she was taken tom the hospital because of her uncontrolled "shaking"; then later that she was transferred to the hospital for a (and I detected some emphasis here) "pre existing medical condition" - wording meant to imply that nothing officers or she did resulted in her hospitalization.

I certainly agree that she was exhibiting signs of an extrapyramidal syndrome, possibly acute - PROBABLY acute based on the lack of any remarks on such by persons who had seen her as recently as that week.

however, I am leaning towards those perp walk symptoms as not being caused by a large dose of Thorazine. One reason is the emphasis placed on the "preexisitng" shaking...and her history post car crash of having dilated pupils and a mush mouth. I'm thinking she might have Parkinson's... Diagnosed or undiagnosed... With symptoms perhaps exacerbated by medication.

@ Litig8r; yes, pressure cooker indeed. But the same can be said about other areas with an abundance of; professionals, over achieving, upper middle class families. So much is overlooked, especially the constant microscope the family is under.

17. DNR sticky note
Perhaps JPS tried to commit suicide with prescription meds? DNR do not resucitate.

Early reports said she was taken tom the hospital because of her uncontrolled "shaking"; then later that she was transferred to the hospital for a (and I detected some emphasis here) "pre existing medical condition" - wording meant to imply that nothing officers or she did resulted in her hospitalization.

I certainly agree that she was exhibiting signs of an extrapyramidal syndrome, possibly acute - PROBABLY acute based on the lack of any remarks on such by persons who had seen her as recently as that week.

however, I am leaning towards those perp walk symptoms as not being caused by a large dose of Thorazine. One reason is the emphasis placed on the "preexisitng" shaking...and her history post car crash of having dilated pupils and a mush mouth. I'm thinking she might have Parkinson's... Diagnosed or undiagnosed... With symptoms perhaps exacerbated by medication.

yes, you are so right, I too believe they put emphasis on "pre-existing" to imply that she was not hospitalized for any act at the time, hers or anyone elses. Wow, thank you.

@ Litig8r; yes, pressure cooker indeed. But the same can be said about other areas with an abundance of; professionals, over achieving, upper middle class families. So much is overlooked, especially the constant microscope the family is under.

Agreed. These circumstances aren't limited to our area, for sure. I'm sure there are locales all over the country that have similar environments.

Someone mentioned a call to an EMT or Medic to administer drugs. I checked the Fire/Rescue calls for service that morning, and there weren't any calls to that address. Although I am starting to agree with the possibility that she had attempted an overdose, wouldn't LE have recognized this and called for medical assistance? Rather than simply waking her up? IDK?

Agreed. These circumstances aren't limited to our area, for sure. I'm sure there are locales all over the country that have similar environments.

Someone mentioned a call to an EMT or Medic to administer drugs. I checked the Fire/Rescue calls for service that morning, and there weren't any calls to that address. Although I am starting to agree with the possibility that she had attempted an overdose, wouldn't LE have recognized this and called for medical assistance? Rather than simply waking her up? IDK?

Would the call still show up on the Fire/Rescue calls if LE on the scene made the request? tia

So, this took place within a week or so of her 50th birthday? I wonder if that added anything to whatever she was already experiencing. Aging can be a very real problem for some...especially women who can suffer severe depression when they hit the 50 mark. I'm certainly not excusing what she did, nothing can, but it seems there was definitely some type of instability going on and something pushed her over the edge.

yes, you are so right, I too believe they put emphasis on "pre-existing" to imply that she was not hospitalized for any act at the time, hers or anyone oelses. Wow, thank you.

Well, considering the new info about where she was found and what was seized per the warrant- I have to revise my speculations...and suspect as others do, an attempt to end her life by overdose.

This doesn't rule out anything said about extrapyramidal symptoms, although the evidence that she is a smoker makes Parkinson's a lot less likely (smoking has a protective effect) and addiction or another mental illness more likely.

I agree Calyx's remarks, as reported, fit a mother who is disappointing her family, probably through drug or alcohol problems.

A dopamine or serotonin agonist is likely among the meeds seized, an overdose cd account for the extrapyramidal signs.

I had to turn off NG last night because I couldn't stand to look at her. My real question is why didn't she just kill herself instead. This senseless act makes no sense to me!

Bless the both of them!

MOO

Mel

Would the call still show up on the Fire/Rescue calls if LE on the scene made the request? tia

If LE calls for medical service from a medic (fire rescue) it comes in like any other call the station in that territory would get. Thus, it should be on the log for "calls for service".

Incidentally, TFR (Tampa Fire Rescue) (which is the fire department that serves the area of the home) does not carry Thorazine, so they would not have administered this drug on site. A couple of things they do carry are Ativan and Morphine. I supposed LE could have called in a private physician to administer something else, but I have no idea if that would be protocol or not. If LE had expected an overdose when they found her they would have called TFR.

It is not at all acceptable for mothers to ever admit, even in therapy, that they do not enjoy, or find rewarding, the job of mothering. And if someone is already inclined to some sort of mental illness, the pressures may grow to a degree that are beyond our understanding. I think it is a real problem, this competetive parenting that seems to overtaken much of our society.

Of course there is no way to really know what was going on in her head when she began to think about this and actually carried out the killings. But I find it unsettling that this case is a national media event, when mothers in lesser situations (poor, minority, etc.) kill their children almost every day. We don't see their cases on Nightline. I think the "shock value" of using the word "mouthy" and the white, upper class family, just created the perfect storm for news coverage. Sadly, I doubt society will learn much from this case either.

If LE calls for medical service from a medic (fire rescue) it comes in like any other call the station in that territory would get. Thus, it should be on the log for "calls for service".

Incidentally, TFR (Tampa Fire Rescue) (which is the fire department that serves the area of the home) does not carry Thorazine, so they would not have administered this drug on site. A couple of things they do carry are Ativan and Morphine. I supposed LE could have called in a private physician to administer something else, but I have no idea if that would be protocol or not. If LE had expected an overdose when they found her they would have called TFR.

Thank you for information. IMO, if an overdose was suspected, she would have been taken to the hospital. It was midnight when she was admitted to the ICU for treatment.

My heart breaks for this family.

It is not at all acceptable for mothers to ever admit, even in therapy, that they do not enjoy, or find rewarding, the job of mothering. And if someone is already inclined to some sort of mental illness, the pressures may grow to a degree that are beyond our understanding. I think it is a real problem, this competetive parenting that seems to overtaken much of our society.

Of course there is no way to really know what was going on in her head when she began to think about this and actually carried out the killings. But I find it unsettling that this case is a national media event, when mothers in lesser situations (poor, minority, etc.) kill their children almost every day. We don't see their cases on Nightline. I think the "shock value" of using the word "mouthy" and the white, upper class family, just created the perfect storm for news coverage. Sadly, I doubt society will learn much from this case either.

... it is very sad for these two lives to have been taken from society so prematurely, unexpectedly and horribly. They had so much to contribute and deserved so much more than what they received. This being said, it is my sincere hope and prayer that each and everyone of us learns something from this. I trust we will. How could we not?

if nothing else; let us not judge, we all struggle, one way or another.

if nothing else; let us not judge, we all struggle, one way or another.
With all due respect most of us don't participate in the forums of WS to judge, the majority are here to solve cases of the missing and murdered and to find the answers as to why. WS is victim friendly and we certainly aren't here to judge. I think the longer you are here you will recognize how passionate the members are, granted through passion opinions are rendered. Alot of members have their own stories to be told and share valuable insite. Thank you as well for your thoughts, keep reading and gain the knowledge I have since joining.
:welcome: to the forum!!!

I do have a problem and am torn between premeditation and depression in this case. Things have changed for me as far as the DNR note. For me that adds to premeditation. I haven't read back thru todays posts so forgive me if I am way off base here.It seems to point in the direction that it was a murder suicide gone bad and may explain her behavior in the arresting tape and her stay in the hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74