GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just heard on the news "breaking" "this just in" that the mother has been hospitalized.
No link yet for the story but it was on Myfoxtampabay

These people where NSA! (both parents) this whole story is crazy. My brother was NSA, at the same time I wonder if he knew them.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...astating-double-homicide-in-new-tampa/1148176

I still can't believe that this could have happened in New Tampa. I'm wondering if it could have been the pain killers or even steroids that made her snap. If you look at her she looks rather muscular.

does she look like she's on drugs to anyone else?

and did they stuff cotton in her mouth or something? what is she chewing on?

Yeah, it looks like she's trying to eat her own tongue. Weird!

This actually reminds me of the Coppell, TX mayor who shot her teenage daughter.

How awful! She is a total wreck in the video. I was looking through her fb page too... Clearly something is seriously wrong in her brain, what a tragedy.

Mom charged in kids' slayings treated at hospital

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41318888

Wonder what the preexisting condition is? The father must know by now, just sad

One of the articles I read on this case said that she had recently been in a serious car accident. The article said her husband had taken over carpool duties for awhile while his wife recovered from the accident. It made me wonder if the two things were linked--she could have had a brain injury that caused depression or other thinking problems, or maybe there was an earlier problem that also contributed to the car accident. Just speculating, but the story seems so strange to me. It's hard to believe this father would have gone on the overseas assignment, even for a short time, if he had any idea what bad shape his wife was in. And obviously just depression does not usually result in such a horrific outcome. The grandmother seemed to understand the urgency of the situation more, since she contacted police. I wonder if she had communicated her fears to the husband? All JMO, it is all so sad and I feel terribly for that father having to get that news. And those poor children.

Sorry I don't have the article link on me right now.

She has the same look as the mentally ill homeless I see that talk to themselves. She truly looks insane.

She has the same look as the mentally ill homeless I see that talk to themselves. She truly looks insane.

Absolutely correct. For her sake, she should stay in that state. When she comes to (or however you want to describe it), it is going to be heartbreaking. I am not defending her actions, but in this case, she really does appear to be insane. It makes no sense.

She was in a serious car wreck about a month ago, iirc. If this was a failed suicide attempt, jmo, then depression was there. If this car accident was just that, there could of been some sort of brain damage or prescribed medications that totally altered her brain chemistry, causing insanity. Idk...but I haven't ever seen somebody so visibly overly medicated and/or deranged. What was the purpose of the public display of her? I hope it was for some understanding of her condition.

She has the same look as the mentally ill homeless I see that talk to themselves.

SuziQ- I thought the same thing. I hope that we learn the explanation for this. Perhaps an explanation of the cause of Julie Schenedecker's bizarre appearance will shed light on what happened.

I am just a lay person but, I believe that the involuntary movements (tardive dyskinesias) that are often observed in the homeless are an adverse effect of long-term use of certain psychiatric medications. These people don't move like that because of mental illness; it is because of the drug treatment.

I would love to know a knowledgeable person's thoughts on the possible cause of a rapid onset dyskinesias.

It is hard to believe JPS looked the way she did during her perp walk prior to killing her children. Her appearance was alarming & her speech was messed up- it would not have been dismissed by anyone seeing her, including her kids. I doubt she looked like that Sat (1/22) when she got the gun. I believe the husband was on a 3d trip to Qatar. I'm certain that he wouldn't have left with her displaying those symptoms.

Had she been on a neuropsych drug long-term for mental illness that she abruptly discontinued ? I read of a drug, metoclopramide (Reglan), used for diabetes & migraines that can have this type side effect when stopped. Could this be the explanation ? Could this be a delayed reaction to brain injury caused in the accident a month earlier ?

Thank you in advance for any insights.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...wo-kids-now-hospitalized-in-intensive/1148410

"...On Nov. 8, she was involved in a car crash in Tampa, according to records from the Florida Highway Patrol, and cited for careless driving.

The crash caused bodily injury and $26,500 of property damage, records show, but it does not explain who was injured or what property was damaged. Schenecker paid a $151 fine and attended traffic school, the report said..."

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...wo-kids-now-hospitalized-in-intensive/1148410

"...On Nov. 8, she was involved in a car crash in Tampa, according to records from the Florida Highway Patrol, and cited for careless driving.

The crash caused bodily injury and $26,500 of property damage, records show, but it does not explain who was injured or what property was damaged. Schenecker paid a $151 fine and attended traffic school, the report said..."
DCF had been called in an incident 2 months prior, she had been in a car accident causing significant damage. Both seem swept under the rug. I would venture to say because of NSA status. Almost has the feel of a spy novel except for the fact the 2 beautiful innocent children lost their lives and a family destroyed beyond repair.

"Inside the house, police found a detailed note that explained how their mother planned to kill them, then herself."

um, well, there goes the idea that she just 'snapped'

she said she shot her son first for 'talking back' but it looks like she left the note prior to driving him to soccer practice

I'm not clear on if she shot him on the way there or on the way home as I've read both versions in the media

however, she then returned home and deliberately walked upstairs and shot her daughter in the back of the head

it looks like she planned this and those poor kids had no chance to defend themselves or even try to run away from her

This story has broke open alot of info about Centcom and NSA that the govt probably is not too happy about leaking. I could see how stuff could have been pushed under the rug for these people.

Like I said, my brother was NSA, a russian linguist, the same time matter of fact that this woman was there. To be in NSA you have to have one of the most top level clearances there is. To obtain this they do a COMPLETE and i mean complete profile, background check, etc on you. While by db was in training at Lackland AFB they where talking to his elementary school teachers, neighbors, postman, etc seriously! They also put him through a series of psycological testing. To get that clearance you can't be a nut case like this! or so they say. Its the same as being an astronaut and we all remember the one that tried to kidnap the gf of the other astronaut. Apparently, their background checks are not as good as they think.

"Inside the house, police found a detailed note that explained how their mother planned to kill them, then herself."

um, well, there goes the idea that she just 'snapped'

she said she shot her son first for 'talking back' but it looks like she left the note prior to driving him to soccer practice

I'm not clear on if she shot him on the way there or on the way home as I've read both versions in the media

however, she then returned home and deliberately walked upstairs and shot her daughter in the back of the head

it looks like she planned this and those poor kids had no chance to defend themselves or even try to run away from her

She bought the gun last saturday. So there is premeditation IMO and temp insanity is usually a short period of time, like a day or two. So do I think she's wacky? Yes, in general. Don't think it was a temporary insanity thing and I believe that being there all night with your childrens bodies that you killed could make someone really crazy IMO.

This story has broke open alot of info about Centcom and NSA that the govt probably is not too happy about leaking. I could see how stuff could have been pushed under the rug for these people.

Like I said, my brother was NSA, a russian linguist, the same time matter of fact that this woman was there. To be in NSA you have to have one of the most top level clearances there is. To obtain this they do a COMPLETE and i mean complete profile, background check, etc on you. While by db was in training at Lackland AFB they where talking to his elementary school teachers, neighbors, postman, etc seriously! They also put him through a series of psycological testing. To get that clearance you can't be a nut case like this! or so they say. Its the same as being an astronaut and we all remember the one that tried to kidnap the gf of the other astronaut. Apparently, their background checks are not as good as they think.
bbm thats just it, I don't think she was a nut case to begin with. We have no clue if her faculties were affected in the car accident due to a brain injury. We have no clue if her depression took her to this level of insanity. To me it is insanity to do this sort of crime. We don't know if she has schizophrenia or what? Extremely troubled woman to say the least. It makes me ponder if I were a juror on a case like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther