GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone who actually watched today, tell me about how JS looked (besides the outburst)?
Was she arrogant- like JA? Sad, haggard- what?
How about the MD's face?
I think facial expressions are so important when discerning what a person is actually saying- truth or lie.

I think we get an idea of the sullen, sternness of her face, but it's really hard to read her fully, because we only see her in profile (half her face), at least I do on the feed I'm watching. I'd like to be able to see her straight on.

Want to thank everyone who posted now, since I didn't use my "thank" button today.
Gotta go cook dinner now, so I can't play anymore. :(

picture.php

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

:seeya:

What school did he say he went to?
South Fla. University?

He went to USF (University of S. Florida) -- it's in Tampa, and where my son's Epileptologist was trained and now teaches

I was on to something else but got to wondering...

www.alz.org/dementia/wernicke-korsakoff-syndrome-symptoms.aspKorsakoff Syndrome

'Korsakoff syndrome is often, but not always, preceded by an episode of Wernicke encephalopathy, which is an acute brain reaction to severe lack of thiamine. Wernicke encephalopathy is a medical emergency that causes life-threatening brain disruption, confusion, staggering and stumbling, lack of coordination, and abnormal involuntary eye movements.

Because the chronic memory loss of Korsakoff syndrome often follows an episode of Wernicke encephalopathy, the chronic disorder is sometimes known as Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome. But Korsakoff syndrome can also develop in individuals who have not had a prior episode of Wernicke encephalopathy.
Symptoms

Korsakoff syndrome causes problems learning new information, inability to remember recent events and long-term memory gaps. Memory problems may be strikingly severe while other thinking and social skills are relatively unaffected. For example, individuals may seem able to carry on a coherent conversation, but moments later be unable to recall that the conversation took place or to whom they spoke.

Those with Korsakoff syndrome may "confabulate," or make up, information they can't remember. They are not "lying" but may actually believe their invented explanations. Scientists don't yet understand why Korsakoff syndrome may cause confabulation.'

The evidence would suggest there's no way she was drinking alcoholically long enough, or heavy enough to develop Korsakoffs. Parker said she started drinking like that in 2010. People who develop Korsakoffs are usually long-term, heavy, heavy drinkers. Although it has been known to happen to young people. If you've ever seen someone with a 'wet brain' (Korsakoffs), they don't know their name anymore, or what planet they are on, let alone have the cognitive ability to buy a gun and shoot someone.

I found her reaction in court to be quite astute today. Not saying sane, but astute.

Gloria Gomez, FOX 13 ‏@ggome13 1m
Doc says #JulieSchenecker depression was mild to moderate.

And...he determined this after a 20 minute visit???? And why so many meds for "mild to moderate" depression?

I think the Dr. just lied though. Even PS stated he saw a note from the doctor saying a couple of drinks was okay!

I am behind in the reading.....however, if there is such a note, where is the note now? If the note is available, a handwriting expert needs to see the note....maybe JS forged it. Her husband could have seen a note, but if she forged it and he only got a quick look he would not know the difference. With JS military knowledge, she may gave been able to fake the note....JMO

You folks who are married, do you have longstanding releases CURRENTLY with all your doctors for your spouse or a power of health care for someone else to be able to see ALL of your medical records?

I have been treated for depression since I was 19 I think, maybe 18, (I am early 40s) and have had a release for my husband (boyfriend before we were married, same man) to always have access to my records and doc without reservation. Always! To my knowledge, he has never spoken to any of the docs, but I have never asked him to be honest!

I made some notes as he was testifying this AM. I may not have all of this correct so please correct me.
7/20/10 Assumed care of patient. Dx: Bipolar I with psychotic tendencies. Meds: Cogentin, Trazadone, Lamictal
7/23/10: PC (phone call) Rx Buspar
8/3/10: Mild depression; decreased appetite. Rx: Lamictal, Cogentin, Clonipin
8/10/10: Slightly worse depression Rx: Lamictal, Cogentin (lower dose), Clonipin, Effexor
8/20/10: PC: Increase Cogentin, Effexor
8/27/10: Wean off Effexor Rx: Lamictal, Clonipin, Cogentin
9/7/10: Mild to moderate depression; lack of energy; Rx: Lamictal, Cogentin, Lithium ER
9/14/10: Mild depression, lack of energy, mild irritability Rx: Lamictal Cogentin, Lithium ER, Clonipin
9/28/10: Mild depression, irritability, Mood: Sad Rx: Lithium ER, decrease Cogentin and Lamictal, Clonopin
10/12/10: After vacation to see a friend, mood better. Rx: Cogentin, Clonopin, Lithium ER, increase Lamictal
10/26/10: Rx: Lamictal 200mg BID, Cogentin, Clonopin, Lithium ER, Celexa
12/3/10: Rx: Cogentin, Clonopin, Lithium ER, Celexa. Told about Rehab.

At some point, Dx of Schizo Affective Disorder was added. Therapy ongoing. Minimal communication between therapist and Psychiatry resident. Blood work to check Lithium level was done in September.

12/10/10: Moderate depression, Vague Suicidal Ideation without specific intent, some helplessness/hopelessness. Mood down. Good hygiene. Moderate risk for suicide. Limited insight and awareness. Baker Act criteria assessed. Patient was in intensive O/P care. HIPAA prevented Dr from communicating with family. JS declined to authorize anyone via HIPAA. JS was negative for Terasoft (threat to harm others).

Clozaril can be used in lieu of Lithium, but it requires intensive monitoring and blood work.

What about Abilify?

Can someone who actually watched today, tell me about how JS looked (besides the outburst)?
Was she arrogant- like JA? Sad, haggard- what?
How about the MD's face?
I think facial expressions are so important when discerning what a person is actually saying- truth or lie.

A very hard expression on her face. Angry.

Did anyone notice after JS' outburst, when the Judge instructed the removal of the Jury...... "All rise"..... JS remained seated until she was pocked in the back by the corrections officer that stands behind her?

I noticed that too!

She must be on some powerful meds- still?

My impression was that she was just being very defiant.

Well, what does everyone think thus far?

imho... I am trying to keep an open mind (hard) but am not seeing how this can be temp insanity, it just isn't there, she is very manipulative and makes decisions based on her actions, regardless of what she says. She chose, planned and executed (no pun intended).

ok, finally tuning in to watch yesterday and today's testimony. Anything I MUST see?

JS sure has a temper with a short fuse.

When my 2 boys were teens they were very "mouthy mouth" as most are these days. We never talked back to our parents or we would have gotten the belt. Lol. I still NEVER STRUCK my boys across the face or anywhere for that matter. One time is bad enough but three? That's so brutal and mean. Not a good example to set for your kids.

I'm surprised cops didn't arrest her and CPS take the kids away. Here in Cali that would not have been tolerated. I don't care how "mouthy mouth" they are.

I'm surprised Calx didn't shoot her first.

I went back and watched the parts where my Internet cut out and did not see the first time. WAT had it up immediately which was nice. Dr. obregon stated she had a suicide attempt "5years ago" which I assume means 2009? Or 5 years prior to his assuming care?

There was a woman with Dr. obregon who looked like an attorney, who left the courtroom with him. I truly hope, after all of this, that he documents a whole lot better than he did as a third year. He stated he assessed her suicidal ideations in the phone call on 1/4/11. Not sure I am buying that either. His risk reduction of allowing alcohol 1 drink per day was an error IMO. In this litigious age, IMO, he should have written No ETOH".

The State sure did hammer on the ETOH abuse. It made me revisit and give more weight to her psych diagnoses. What the State did do IMO, was to highlight how PS reached out to her physician and how concerned and caring he was at that time. JMV

Did anyone notice after JS' outburst, when the Judge instructed the removal of the Jury...... "All rise"..... JS remained seated until she was pocked in the back by the corrections officer that stands behind her?

Did this happen today?

Yes janx it did. The video of the outburst is here, in zoey's post:

ABCActionNewsCourt ‏@actionnewscourt 46s
VIDEO: #JulieSchenecker outburst in court on day 4 of trial: http://wfts.tv/1hBV0b6 #ScheneckerTrial

https://twitter.com/actionnewscourt

I pulled a few screen caps from the short video clip, and to try to capture her facial expression mentioned upthread.

A very hard expression on her face. Angry.

4edunu9a.jpg
e3e7u7am.jpg
4abu2ezu.jpg

vetyqege.jpg

It was difficult to see her face, as she was positioned beside / obscured by Counsel. The latter images were as the Judge gave the warning out of the presence of the jury that no further outbursts would be tolerated. He meant it. :hiding:

iPhone screencaps are tricky and I'm certain better images can be captured by other WSers on a computer :blushing:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Her outburst may have helped her actually. I wonder if the jury understood what she said and if they did, what doctor would say have 2 drinks with 2 oxycontins? That alone sounded nuts IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther