GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
(((am going back to her S/A)) perhaps she feels that her parents ''failed to protect'' her.....

it was interesting to hear how much concern she had for both of her kids in that regard....it seemed to be a genuine concern

Trial Queen Sharee ‏@TrialQnSharee 29s
20 min recess #JulieSchenecker

Does anyone know if any other of JS's family members Paternal or Maternal suffer from any MI (Depression or Bipolar, ect.) I know she has a sister and brother...I am curious as Depression runs rampant in my family on my mom's side. 4 of my mom's sisters out of 5 girls. I too suffer from depression, as well as one of my sisters and her daughter (my niece.) I can't find anything on JS's family. TIA~

I don't believe anything has been released regarding any Mental Illness in her family. The likelihood of one of them having MI is very high.

She didn't tell anybody -- Dr. O attached the significance of this to her reason for not telling anyone-- she was afraid they would stop her.

Isn't it possible that she felt she was on a mission to do something she felt was the right thing to do? Dr. O: Oh, she...I believe she understood other people thought it was wrong.

Is a consideration of what other might think necessarily a reflection of her state of mind?

In terms of Mrs. Schenecker's love of her children, devotion to her children...isn't it possible that she thought in her mind that she was doing the right thing that day? Dr. O: It is possible.

She said it was "horrible" to see her babies like that. Her conduct toward the children after their deaths...if that is injected into a consideration of her understanding of wrong... Dr. O: that goes more toward knowledge of their state of being dead rather than personal responsibility. An innocent person could say the same thing.

Gloria Gomez, FOX 13 ‏@ggome13 28s
It is possible that #JulieSchenecker thought she was doing the right thing that day, says doc. Wow that undermines his opinion

Is this doctor sure of anything? :banghead:

I don't believe anything has been released regarding any Mental Illness in her family. The likelihood of one of them having MI is very high.

Dr. Solomon referenced a history of mental illness in her family, and I believe at least one other doctor did as well.

JS's current condition demonstrates what she could have been IF she had been compliant with her medications and/or had been hospitalized for treatment. Left to her own devices, she created her own mental havoc.

I have been meaning to say this throughout this trial, I feel that JS made her bed by blocking (PS, or possibly others of her choosing) information about her condition, diagnosis and treatment, and being unable or unwilling to comply with her treatment herself. I understand the MI, and think she could have shared (even some info, as someone said earlier in this thread) info to help her to deal with the MI, avoiding this all together. In this light, I feel that she was making the hard choices that she arrived at in killing her children. Consequences, I teach this to my children and Parker even touched on this when she had her car accident, not to just apologize, but show through her actions that she was going to or wanted to change. She did not show through her actions that she wanted or needed help with MI, talk is cheap.

Also, is this normal, on cross on this last doc, the defense atty sort of raising his voice and sounding urgent, bordering on yelling his questions? It was making me agitated and anxious, his tone during the whole questioning.

Is this doctor sure of anything? :banghead:

The cross was a ton of "possibilities" to which it is impossible to disagree. What is possible and what is probable, based on reports, interviews, etc., is a different story.

"Is there life on some other planet?"

"It's possible."

Gloria Gomez, FOX 13 ‏@ggome13 28s
It is possible that #JulieSchenecker thought she was doing the right thing that day, says doc. Wow that undermines his opinion

"It's possible" was his answer, but his body language said more.

I took it as him saying..Anything is possible, but not likely.

It's possible that an airplane could crash into my home today, but not likely.

I have been meaning to say this throughout this trial, I feel that JS made her bed by blocking (PS, or possibly others of her choosing) information about her condition, diagnosis and treatment, and being unable or unwilling to comply with her treatment herself. I understand the MI, and think she could have shared (even some info, as someone said earlier in this thread) info to help her to deal with the MI, avoiding this all together. In this light, I feel that she was making the hard choices that she arrived at in killing her children. Consequences, I teach this to my children and Parker even touched on this when she had her car accident, not to just apologize, but show through her actions that she was going to or wanted to change. She did not show through her actions that she wanted or needed help with MI, talk is cheap.

Also, is this normal, on cross on this last doc, the defense atty sort of raising his voice and sounding urgent, bordering on yelling his questions? It was making me agitated and anxious, his tone during the whole questioning.

I think it makes him look desperate, frankly, but I don't know how the jury will see it. The witness is handling it well.

Exactly. :floorlaugh:

But will the jury pick up on that?

Her initial plan was to kill herself. Then she decided to take the children with her but she never did seriously try to kill herself even though she had plans to kill herself though a number of options. The one choice she chose was the least likely to have killed her. jmo

he reminds me of Sidney (the shrink) on MASH - "anything is possible -- crazy what's crazy?"

I certainly hope that the prosecutor begins his re-direct with some sort of question that begins with, "Considering all the possibilities presented by the defense,..."

Just in case the jury doesn't get it.

We're at break but for some reason the camera is positioned on the door that JS enters through.
Very odd.

ETA: that's because she's being brought in now.

When JS pulled out her gun she said her son, Beau, threatened to hit her. When JS killed her son she said Beau put up a pretty good fight.

IMO this shows JS was cognizant of reality and knew what she was doing. IMO she crept up behind her daughter, Calyx, to stop a recurrence of the resistance she got while killing her son. Isn't being cognizant a sign of sanity?

Gloria Gomez, FOX 13 ‏@ggome13 1m
Ok here go! Next round before lunch break. #JulieSchenecker

Right! I think his testimony would have been a lot more effective if he concluded the what ifs with 'but not in this case' or something along those lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74