GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her mistake was taking the girls with her in the first darn place. Or going there at all. :-(

I have often wondered just how this little girl was supposed to get to the airport the next morning.

I have often wondered just how this little girl was supposed to get to the airport the next morning.

I don't buy for a second that Rayne ever planned to put Cherish on that plane. She was not going to risk all of her little pay checks by letting Cherish be alone with her father, IMO. I am convinced that she made the decision to sacrifice one check in order to save the other two. If Cherish had not been found her dad would have likely remained responsible for making his child support payments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think Rayne had any intention of putting Cherish on the plane the next day, I wonder if Cherish even knew her daddy expected to see her the next day. :(

http://www.news4jax.com/news/man-aw...fo-on-cold-case-for-reduced-sentence/30993534

Frustrated that he's not being taken seriously, a once-convicted killer awaiting a retrial writes again from a jail cell...

The state attorney's office has said they won't hear any of what Deviney has to say. In his most recent letter, Deviney had harsh words for the key players...

In response to Deviney's letters, the state attorney's office released this statement: "The state's position in the Deviney case has not changed. As previously stated in court, the state has no interest in talking with the defendant about information on another case and the state believes the defendant is perpetuating a fraud on the court."

Most of me thinks this guy is full of it but they have to hear him out, IMO.

It scares me that they won't even contemplate hearing him out. I wonder if it's a case they botched up really bad, and they will look like idiots if his info comes out?

Either that, or he's full of it. :D

Is Deviney talking about HaLeigh Cummings by any chance?

I believe so. Im just reelng......they better look into this! There are some small, albeit interesting similarities. Ive been studying DS allll day since reading about Deviney. Haleighs case keeps me up at night, and the thought of DS having his dirty hands on her and killing her seems like a possibility and Im just sick at the thought.

Most of me thinks this guy is full of it but they have to hear him out, IMO.

It scares me that they won't even contemplate hearing him out. I wonder if it's a case they botched up really bad, and they will look like idiots if his info comes out?

Either that, or he's full of it. :D

Even if hes full of it, they need to hear him out!!! Just to ease the minds of those of us who are tortured with wondering about HaLeigh? What about the people who knew and loved Haleigh....they deserve to know. What are they covering up? Seriously! Is it because they screwed up so bad and now that they have their druggie dirt bags off the street and unofficially paying for Haleigh's disappearance....it would be way too embarrassing if it turned out she really was stranger abducted?? Its very possible.

DS may have stalked CP and family.....the make shift chair in the woods near Haleighs house....both late at night.....both near water......they need to hear this guy out at least!!!

Edited: not to mention the drug connection and didnt Tim and Lindsays VAN have mystetious scratches on it that everyone claimed not to have knowledge of???

I haven't read all pages of this thread, but after reading some AND watching a video of Rayne, some questions popped into my mind.

On the transportation to the airport the next day, since she had none and since she missed 25% of her scheduled visitations when the daughters were in foster care (causing them to miss school needlessly), I am wondering if there was a "deal" struck with Smith before leaving the Dollar Store, more so than has been confessed.

Once at Walmart, it seems likely Smith would have disappeared with Cherish forever (for free) during the "dressing room" episodes had Rayne not kept a close eye on him. I'm guessing she knew this, but was holding out for more than just a 'ride' to Walmart, since it was obvious he had designs on her daughter and since she DID let him have her daughter once a "deal" was struck.

The incongruity of watching him carefully during dressing room episodes but then letting him drive off ALONE with Cherish just a few moments later can NOT be brushed aside.

I'm just wondering if others have come forward with accounts of Rayne trading ANYTHING in exchange for rides (or anything else) as a manner of living day to day.

Sorry if this has already been covered. Hoping to find time to read every post here soon. (I also have a professional history in social services, foster care, first time offenders, drug abusers, and the personality disordered. This case looks too sickeningly familiar to those days long past now, ugh).

I check in from time to time in hopes of seeing another arrest for Cherish's justice.

I check in from time to time in hopes of seeing another arrest for Cherish's justice.

Me too! Her dad commented on the FB page not long ago that LE had told him or given him the impression that no other arrests were coming. That breaks my heart and makes no sense to me. Why is the person who sent her off with a monster walking free?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IIRC, there have been problems in the office of the public defender there. IDK if that has anything to do with a 2nd attorney being appointed. (The problems are not associated with this case, AFAIK.)

Grand Jury Says Public Defender Should Resign - dated 12/30/14
http://www.news4jax.com/news/grand-jury-public-defender-matt-shirk-should-resign/30457910

According to the article since it's a death penalty case he gets another one. Florida law? IDK

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...ll-testify-advance-cherish-perrywinkle-murder

A trial date for Donald James Smith has not yet been set for the abduction, rape and killing of 8-year-old Cherish Perrywinkle. But in two months, the first witness to testify in Smith’s case will be his own mother.

Tuesday Circuit Judge Mallory Cooper agreed to let Patricia Moore, Smith’s mother, testify July 2. Prosecutors said Moore needs to testify now because she’s 76 years old and might not be alive or physically able to testify by the time Smith goes on trial.

If Moore is unable to testify when Smith’s actual trial begins, a videotape of the testimony will be shown to jurors. If she is able to testify, the July 2 testimony will be treated as a pretrial deposition, said Assistant State Attorney Mark Caliel.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/n...investigates-glimpse-inside-mind-accus/nk9CP/

While her son faces justice, Donald Smith’s mother is dealing with the tragedy and working to heal from it. In a videotaped counseling session, Patricia Moore morphs from bewilderment to later understanding that she may have missed some very important warning signs in her son.

Moore knew she was being recorded, and agreed that it could be released...

Hearing begins to let Donald Smith's mother pre-testify in Cherish Perrywinkle murder case
Thu, Jul 2, 2015 @ 2:03 pm

snipped
Prosecutors are “perpetuating” Moore’s testimony because of her age and that she might be physically unable to testify by the time Smith’s trial actually begins. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty.

If Moore is unable to testify when Smith’s actual trial begins, a videotape of the testimony will be shown to jurors. If she is able to testify, the July 2 testimony will be treated as a pretrial deposition.

Moore will likely testify to her son’s criminal history and also discuss his actions during the time Cherish Perrywinkle went missing. Donald Smith was living with his mother on Segovia Avenue off Dupont Avenue and St. Augustine Road at the time.

I was just thinking of Cherish the other day. I still wonder what part mother had in this. Did she arrange to "rent" cherish to DS? I can't think of many mothers who would just let their child wander off with a stranger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member