GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #4 *GRAPHIC CONTENT*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defense asking ME how long it would take for her to pass out

(ME had said it took her 3-5 mins to die)

I think I'm done for the trial after reading a few tweets. I hope this jury is pointed toward resources for counseling. I have no doubt they will come to the correct verdict.

It just occurred to me that they might put DS on the stand to explain the rope. That is such a sinister piece of evidence and seems to hint at what further evil he may have intended towards RP and her children. (IMO--just a thought--). Also, "explaining away" why he took those seats out of the van.

Are his attorneys court appointed?

It was hard to listen to the ME on the stand this morning. That poor jury and what they had to see.

Whoever is on the stand now....I'm not really listening. So I hope someone can give a summary or something. My ears are just sort of blocking out all of this science stuff. I think they really should have shortened this section because I worry the jurors could be zoning out like me.

mod note:This case is very emotional and it might be a good idea to sit on your hands, keep a pillow to hit or scream into or a shoe close by. Be mindful that our rules still apply. The parents are considered victims. Websleuths does not condone or allow wishing violence of any kind on the defendant or others.

:hug: :grouphug:

:bump:

Are his attorney's court appointed?

It was hard to listen to the ME on the stand this morning. That poor jury and what they had to see.

Whoever is on the stand now....I'm not really listening. So I hope someone can give a summary or something. My ears are just sort of blocking out all of this science stuff. I think they really should have shortened this section because I worry the jurors could be zoning out like me.

Exactly why I'm not contributing anything. Sorry, but DNA analysis is daunting.

Interesting when we look at this crime and compare with his priors. He wasn't the predator waiting for a child alone to pounce on. He created a plan that involved other people. He enjoyed it. Judging from his court demeanor I think he is enjoying every second of this trial. He is a sociopathic, sadistic, sexual predator. IMO I pray he gets death. He will replay this crime over and over in his sick mind for his enjoyment

Yes, I totally agree.
I watched the first day of the trial on YouTube last night and kept thinking he is loving all of this. (LadyJustice uploads lots of trials.)
One of the reasons is because it enables him to enjoy the thrill of what he did to that precious child.
Makes me so sick and angry.

ME: No scratches on his arms & legs

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/jacksonville/documents-how-cherishs-body-was-found-how-she-died
When Smith's van was stopped on Interstate 95 at about the same time that morning, he was still wet, had mud on his shoes and was covered with scratches. He told officers he didn't know Cherish, that he'd been smoking crack with prostitutes all night.

The officers stated that he was covered with scratches. why the difference?

Are his attorney's court appointed?

I am guessing that she would be a court appointed attorney. I can't imagen him with money to hire one.

DNA collection and analysis may be somewhat dry testimony but it is important. Not everyone understands it. Important for the Jurors to understand it. How many cases have we seen where the Defense attacks DNA collection, testing and Labs. Superb job in presenting this case. I am in awe of every single person who has testified.

DNA collection and analysis my be somewhat dry testimony but it is important. Not everyone understands it. Important for the Jurors to understand it. How many cases have we seen where the Defense attacks DNA collection, testing and Labs. Superb job in presenting this case. I am in awe of every single person who has testified.

Especially when it's a death penalty case

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/jacksonville/documents-how-cherishs-body-was-found-how-she-died
When Smith's van was stopped on Interstate 95 at about the same time that morning, he was still wet, had mud on his shoes and was covered with scratches. He told officers he didn't know Cherish, that he'd been smoking crack with prostitutes all night.

The officers stated that he was covered with scratches. why the difference?

Good question. The scratches I saw in the photo, look like they are from crawling around in the woods or something.

image.jpg

Defense asking ME how long it would take for her to pass out

(ME had said it took her 3-5 mins to die)
The 3--5 minutes also goes to premeditation -- unlike a shot fired from a gun, the perpetrator can stop strangling someone & the victim could very well survive, but here DS choked her for those minutes until she was dead. Just one more factor indicating 1st degree murder. What a depraved, selfish & sick show of inhumanity.

Found it. It was the woman who was parked with her husband at Walmart.

https://youtu.be/ZUVcooz7z6U?t=3360

Oh, the incident where DS shouted out the van window to them as they sat in their vehicle: "We're going to get cheeseburgers . . .!"

I saw her husband testify, but walked away while she was on stand. I will have to look at that. Thanks for locating.

Judge sounds as though she is getting a little weary and ready to break for lunch.

Someone please post if he takes the stand. I'm not watching today but would tune in for that. Thanks!

repost of earlier mod note
mod note:This case is very emotional and it might be a good idea to sit on your hands, keep a pillow to hit or scream into or a shoe close by. Be mindful that our rules still apply. The parents are considered victims. Websleuths does not condone or allow wishing violence of any kind on the defendant or others.

Thanks for the mod reminder - we may need you to repost this every hour or so during some of this testimony today! This is so tough to hear even parts of. I followed this closely 5 years ago due to living about 10-15 miles from where Cherish's body was found (still in the area but not that close anymore). It was horrible to think of then, but the reality is still far worse than I had realized at the time. My prayers are with the jurors right now. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant