GUILTY FL - Denise Lee, 21, raped & murdered, North Port, 17 Jan 2008

Taking her from her home in broad daylight and driving around with her is what REALLY gets me... almost as if he wanted somehow to get caught.
How horrible... she was just at home tending to her kids.

I tell ya I just LOVE the prosecutor in this case!!!

This so called expert based all of his testimony on an IQ test and a PET scan. He didn't TALK to any one about the so called "accident" that so badly compromised him yet didn't even crack his skull?? Didn't interview the convicted killer? Based his info on the memory of King and 5 & 11 yr old kids who were supposedly present. Didn't even use any of the info or interviews after the crime yet says he's got an inability to conform to the law--based on W

Hit a pole at 80 mi an hour with no cranial fracture or emergent medical intervention showng him near death? Or even badly hurt???

Another witness who knows King remembers no such injury.

What a SHAM!

The DA cremated him on cross:woohoo::woohoo:

I missed the opening statements today but heard a little of what the defense said on IS recording.

According to def lawyer:

"He's not the worse of the worst":waitasec:

Were I a juror hearing such a thing i'd be INSULTED!

HE is the reason we need the death penalty. He is a person that God forbid ever got out because what if someday his LWOP was somehow dropped to LWP......OMG! He's the kind of sociopath that all of humanity needs to be sure NEVER hits the streets again!!!

Were I a juror I would not want to take such a gamble!

I agree! "He's not the worse of the worst" WTH was that? That is the creulest thing I have ever heard anyone say in my life. That to me was a blantent slap in the face to Denise's family. We are always hearing about over crowding in prisons. If he were to be given LWOP you can bet your bippy he would eventually be on our streets again. Just look at that b@$^ard that took Jaycee Dugard, he's been no good ALL of his life.

I have to stop for now before I get in a lot of trouble.

I remember when this crime occured and I am glad they had a swift trial and he is found guilty. Such a waste -- this lovely young woman just starting her life with her family. A low IQ does not account for an evil soul. It is even insulting to imply that could excuse his vicious behavior.

What broke my heart is how she protected her children and how hard she tried to survive. A true hero in every sense of the word.

I served on a jury for a capital murder sentencing in Florida, and found myself voting for LWOP. I just found the mitigating factors to be credible, even though the crime was atrocious. I still get on the database just to look at him. He needs never see the light of day again.

In this case, I'd submit a death vote before I even sat down at the table. No question. If there's a poster-felon for capital punishment, it's this guy. I wouldn't even be picky over method. Needle, chair, heck, send him back to Kansas of a few decades back and hang him. This case makes me sick inside. Reading the transcript of the 911 call made me sob for 20 minutes.

I saw the "worst of the worst" statement on Baynews9 today and was revolted. If they hadn't already lost the jury with the ridiculous injury posturing, I think that would have done it.

Of course they do. It's devastating to their guilty-*advertiser censored* murdering client. Too bad.

If I would have tried to post this morning as I was witnessing how whittled away their Statements were, I would have imploded the censors here as I was getting myself banned for such foul language...The Monster Still has more Impact.....:furious:

If I would have tried to post this morning as I was witnessing how whittled away their Statements were, I would have imploded the censors here as I was getting myself banned for such foul language...The Monster Still has more Impact.....:furious:

I was actually screeching & swearing at the tv..........

what does this coward want:boohoo:

That :chicken:chit could do such a horrific act and torture that beautiful girl but BOOFNHOO he hurt his head when he was whatever, 10? and isn't as smart as the guy next to him and YET his brain damage kicks in 30 something years later (as well as his newly found retardation) so he goes and does this sickening and most horrific crime and we should value HIS LIFE...........sorry this is what's good for him:bang::bang: just what he did to Denise after he terrorized her for HOURS:furious:

He couldn't "regulate" his behavior the expert testified...........He certainly knew enough to hide evidence and kill his witness............bury her 4' and bury her clothes, get rid of his shirt and his gun..........They are INSULTING the intelligence AND common sense of those juror's!!!!!

had he not gotten stopped DIRECTLY after he'd done all that you can bet his car would have been cleaned pristine and his bedroom would've been bleached out--not a trace of hair or DNA would've survived.

At least that trooper noticed those sudden headlights coming off a side road out there and stopped this monster in his tracks with all the evidence on him and in/on his car and before he could get home and destroy the rest of it.

It's just too friggin sad & frightening and disgusting that in all those hours and with all those 911 calls they couldn't get that low-life before he turned down that last road.

If he doesn't get the DP.................OMG I can't even think about that............I am PRAYING to God for it.............

Much needed rant!!!!

(Please don't ban me I'll be good from now on???!!!)

"Experts to decide if King is competent enough to proceed with the penalty phase."

This case just might go in another direction should they find King not competent to go through the penalty phase.

Court will resume at 10:00 AM ET tomorrow.

I guess this is one aspect of criminal law I don't understand. Isn't this like putting the cart way, way, way after the horse? Shouldn't his competency have been ascertained before the conviction? Wasn't it?

Because this is basically like "Well, crap. Guilty. We need to find him insane fast!" He tried to cover up his actions. He lied. He hid. He tried to wash away her blood.

What are they hoping to accomplish here? Would it overturn the verdict? Are they going for "Guilty, but mentally ill"? Or is this just meant to be a mitigator of his established guilt, and they're just hoping for LWOP?

I took a lot of law in school, but it was all civil. LOL.

I guess this is one aspect of criminal law I don't understand. Isn't this like putting the cart way, way, way after the horse? Shouldn't his competency have been ascertained before the conviction? Wasn't it?

Because this is basically like "Well, crap. Guilty. We need to find him insane fast!" He tried to cover up his actions. He lied. He hid. He tried to wash away her blood.

What are they hoping to accomplish here? Would it overturn the verdict? Are they going for "Guilty, but mentally ill"? Or is this just meant to be a mitigator of his established guilt, and they're just hoping for LWOP?

This is what I understood from listening to TRU TV this afternoon...

They did do a competency hearing before the trail and he was judged "competent" to stand trial. Something the the DA said today (not sure what) questioned his competency now so the Judge had to stop and do a a new review. It must have been said off the record because noone knew exactly what had happened.

It will not change the guity verdict but could stop the sentencing until he is deemed "competent". Of course, it will open a new can of worms when it comes to any appeals because if he is not competent today, was he competent last week??

If praying that in the morning he is judged "Competent" and the sentencing goes on as scheduled.

I believe it had to do with him tearing up seeing his brother, sister-in-law and ex girlfriend. JMO When the ex gf left the stand I saw him wipe the outside of his right eye and then I noticed him blinking his eyes a lot as if to hold back tears. JMO
I don't know for sure or who said this but there was talk of a miss trial???
God I pray they find him competent to finish this phase of his trial.
He needs to pay for the intentional death of Denise at his hand.

I think this has something to do with the prosecution wanting to get his statements back in. Remember the night he was arrested? he claimed he was kidnapped? then he said someone in a helicopter shot her? and he took the police on a ride along to try to say where he was? he also said he wanted to speak to an attorney.
all of this was taken out of the trial.
I think they are hoping to have it put back in because it will show that he was not in a catatonic state that night. {jmo}
This also would clear up any issues for less appeals later. I do hope they can tell if he is faking these tests.
:steamed:

Yes on Fox 13 this morning there is talk of a mistrial. I can't believe it.

I can't think of a "nice" way to say this (and I am not PC)... King might be stupid but hes not retarded. Hes guilty fair and square. He knew what he was doing. Sure he didnt plan things out very well, but he certainly is responsible for his actions.

I hate this crap about 1) childhood injuries 2) troubled childhood etc.

I grew up with abuse and have had some staggering head injuries and I still know what the F I am doing (most times!).

Yesterday I heard that the "guilty" charges would stick and if King was found "incompetent" during the penalty phase, then they would have to redo this part of the case once King was found competent again.

I guess we will find out at some point today.

The hearing is online now ... http://www.cnn.com/CRIME/

I agree! "He's not the worse of the worst" WTH was that? That is the creulest thing I have ever heard anyone say in my life. That to me was a blantent slap in the face to Denise's family. We are always hearing about over crowding in prisons. If he were to be given LWOP you can bet your bippy he would eventually be on our streets again. Just look at that b@$^ard that took Jaycee Dugard, he's been no good ALL of his life.

I have to stop for now before I get in a lot of trouble.

I was MORTIFIED reading last nite's IS trial blog--the trial was stopped to allow for competency testing--------That had already done way back before trial began!

Suddenly that he's found guilty & in the midst of his sentencing hearings--he's reported he's been "hearing voices" like someone's standing next to him talking into his ear. He hasn't been able to concentrate or hear muchof the trial because of this "voice'.

I'm not a Dr. but i diagnose him with "skeered-chit-less of the needle" DISORDER. Definitely not in the DSM manual but there should be one researched and the criteria listed for these sicko's & tricksters who try to "fool" the system on trial for heinous crimes so they can cheat out justice for the victims & keep their foul selves out of jail or off the "row"!

When I heard the report this AM that he couldn't tell one of the experts analyzing him that he didn't know how many inches are in a yard RIGHT THERE knew he was MALINGERING!!! He's a PLUMBER--has been for years.

He knew how many feet to dig a clandestine grave tho didn't he...........

Listening to the excuses on the stand right now by his brother (I think). He's just a weirdo and a sexually sadistic sociopath who did and said weird things his entire life to gain ATTENTION for himself. He makes me SICK of our system which too often gives these worthless wastes every right & opportunity to literally get away with murder.............

I'm so glad even tho one dr couldn't be sure if he was reporting the truth (PLEASE!) the other says he's competent and this can be done with SOON!!!

"Experts to decide if King is competent enough to proceed with the penalty phase."

This case just might go in another direction should they find King not competent to go through the penalty phase.

Court will resume at 10:00 AM ET tomorrow.

Thank GOD if didn't work!!!!

It was reported should he be suddenly deemed incompetent his sentencing would have been put off until such time as he was competent.

You got it so right IMO and I just posted before reading your post--He's been tested long ago and found sane. Now that he's facing the needle, suddenly he's hearing voices all thru the trial and he doesn't know how many feet are in a yard. (he knew how deep to bury his witness and how to dispose of evidence to conceal his crime tho, huh?!)

He goes under the DMV manual's heading as MALINGERER imho!

But we're back on track today to the finish line for HIM and some semblance of peace for Denise's family until the day comes they can go watch him close his eyes for the last time!

Thankfully, he's a bad actor!!!

One of the doctors couldn't tell if he was lying or not and wasn't so sure of his sanity????

There are tests that can show malingering.

Was this doc even competent to do his job??? Worse, does he work for the state???

All he has to do is review records and take into consideration his capacity to appreciate the wrongness of his crimes because of the amount of concealment he attempted AND since well, he was just found guilty of all counts and is facing the ultimate penalty!!!

Sorry monster King, the voices you're hearing are from down THERE taunting you on what you've got to look forward to for eternity..........

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teaticket5217
Back