GUILTY FL - Denise Lee, 21, raped & murdered, North Port, 17 Jan 2008

UGHHH it makes me ill hearing the defense lawyer refer to him as "the gentleman Mr King".................

GMAB, he's now a convicted murderer.............no longer "the defendant" which I notice the state commonly referred to him before the verdict.

Any one have any idea what they're saying about when they believe the jury will finally get to deliberate in this phase?

TIA

Gee, they've broken for lunch and it sure appears to me the convicted killler is behaving with much more awareness.............suddenly a bit less of a flat affect and even shaking his head in response to something said to him by his lawyer rather than some mysterious voice talking into his ear. Certainly seems to be understanding him also. hmmmm......:waitasec:

Hope those in the entire courtroom noticed that, specially the judge since he makes the ultimate decision after jury recommendation!

ETA: Nathan Lee just commented about same--he was putting on an act! He's glad tho that the judge ordered the interuption for testing to make sure so that the case doesn't come back on appeal. He also said that the family isn't even allowed to show photos of Denise either alone or with her family??? Juror's are only allowed to see autopsy pics. In the Peterson trial they allowed tons of him but just a couple of Laci with a very short video. But I thought her mother held a photo of her in his face while she gave him her final statement? Are they going to also be allowed to do this in FL before sentencing by the judge?

traffic, the same thing with pics happened at the recent Christian Newsom trial. No pics of the victims alive and in happier times. And no one but immediate family could wear buttons with their pictures. The jury though, saw a ton of cute little kid pictures of the defendant.

I'm praying this jury isn't a bunch of easily fooled bleeding hearts like the one in the Christian Newsom trial.

I have to keep my faith in the jury that they will come back with the DP. This guy is just a weirdo. He knew exactly what, when, how and why he kidnapped, raped and murdered Denise. He also knew everything he did was against the law, other wise why would he try to conceal everything. There is so much the jury dosen't know that kind of scares me but I think they have enough to do the right thing by Denise. We just have to pray that justice is done for Denise.

traffic, the same thing with pics happened at the recent Christian Newsom trial. No pics of the victims alive and in happier times. And no one but immediate family could wear buttons with their pictures. The jury though, saw a ton of cute little kid pictures of the defendant.

I'm praying this jury isn't a bunch of easily fooled bleeding hearts like the one in the Christian Newsom trial.

It's like the victim is erased............life gone therefore no value to what they once were to their family friend's and community???
IMO, they show all those pics to attempt to get at the softhearted mother's sitting on the panel, hoping they'll think of their own little kid's and not be able to vote for DP!

The name of the case you mention sounds so familiar but I'm not sure I'm remembering correctly.

Was it the father who killed his wife and THREE kids then turned around and took over the identity of a NY City de-famed writer/reporter living it up in Mexico? tried to blame his wife for killing two of the kid's and said he had to finish off the baby because she hadn't?

UGHHHHH How on earth are these monster's grown???

ITA with you about these juror's--I'm a bit worried but only about the doc who couldn't give his expert opinion one way or the other on the guys state of competence! OMG as long as they use their common sense and realize he had the brain power to KNOW he had to hide evidence and kill his witness in effort not to be caught and prosecuted--that's not a delusional or mentally challenged persons behavior.

I'm with ya tho, praying they keep their eyes open and their sense of compassion with the victim where it belongs--not feeling sorry for a sadistic sociopath who stops a hearing just to see if he can fool the system one more time!!!

I was glad to hear they had tears when Denise's dad and her husband read their statements. That said it all--until the defesne began their tridks. And i hope at sentencing they can show those videos of Denise with her boys they've been playing on IS!!! Right in front of the defense table, up real close.

I can't believe the Defense is arguing that she did not suffer and it wasn't heinous. I can't believe she went on to quote all of these other cases that have nothing to do with this.
she suffered. YES she did! She was Brave, but we all know how she suffered because it has effected us all. Being taken from your children and bound, raped, beaten and then killed... her 911 call she begged to see her family again. That within itself is the greatest suffering from a parents view. {knowing you may never see your children again? } I know I can't speak for everyone, but I think it is fair to say that anyone that hears about this case has felt a kind of sense of what she went through. Be it through nightmares, and you just can't get it out of your mind.
How do these defense attorney's live with themselves? yes it's a job, but I do not understand how they can defend someone like this?
:behindbar

This defense attorney is probably a really great lawyer however this was not the case for her to defend. She talks like it is not an especially horrible crime. The jury most likely have already decided his fate.

I can't believe the Defense is arguing that she did not suffer and it wasn't heinous. I can't believe she went on to quote all of these other cases that have nothing to do with this.
she suffered. YES she did! She was Brave, but we all know how she suffered because it has effected us all. Being taken from your children and bound, raped, beaten and then killed... her 911 call she begged to see her family again. That within itself is the greatest suffering from a parents view. {knowing you may never see your children again? } I know I can't speak for everyone, but I think it is fair to say that anyone that hears about this case has felt a kind of sense of what she went through. Be it through nightmares, and you just can't get it out of your mind.
How do these defense attorney's live with themselves? yes it's a job, but I do not understand how they can defend someone like this?
:behindbar

Then.........telling her he;'s not letting her go and he's going to do "it" again....That 911 call was BONE CHILLING and made me cry. My heart bleads for her wonderful family who had to sit there and listen to the last words their terror stricken daughter/wife ever spoke. While the "brain damaged" animal just sat there staring (part of the plan IMO in case he was found guilty--then let's start hearing voices to avoid certain death.

I don't know how those defense lawyer's do it either. And to say some of the most insulting things meant to somehow excuse his heionous atrocious and cruel crimeS against Denise. When that woman went into her dramatic HIS GIRLFRIEND broke up with him on THANKSGIVING DAY.............My jaw dropped, literally! I did see her on the stand and you could tell she didn't just wake up that day and find him catatonic and scary and just break up with him. There was a LOT more to the break-up of THAT relationship, imo. Specially since his bro had to telll him he needed to move on, he was never going to get her back.
We also find out from the state's cross that SHE was the agressor in the relationship--physical too--and he just would quietly walked away............every time. Controlling his anger, his behavior.
But he somehow couldn't on that Jan 17 just a couple of months later.
I think he took out on Denise what he couldn't on his ex--or at least that could be part of his warped reasoning.

And how many teen-ager's have re-enacted the Texas Chainsaw Massacre???? Freddy Kruger and that Halloween guy??
They're presenting it all as if he was serious............Yet one of his brother is on the stand laughing about his head injury and talked about how they used to joke about it to him. Wholly innapropriate on that stand, laughing during a DP hearing--there's a young woman brutally murdered by their own BROTHER and their non-chalantly sharing the good times and family relationships. With the victim's family sitting right there .

It's INSULTING.

I know, I've said that before BUT if these juror's fall for any of this CROCK I'll lose all my faith in the system.

There is nothing mitigating about any of the defendants life, nothing REDEEMING.

The AGGRAVATORS far far outweigh this B-actor and his family's antics.
(one of the bro's decided he'd better get up there and cry about that head injury--you know, someone's got to make it seem real) They must have been reading or being told by the lawyers how they were being percieved. Cuz it sure wasn't good. Can't wait to hear from these juror's when this is finally over!

I never seen such total BS'ng on a witness stand during this or any portion of a trial. Never.

Any one know if this judge rules in favor of the juror's recommendation for DP?
Or is he a Justin barber type jurist?

Phew, needed this rant.
I'm watching the clock and praying they come back with the same speed as they did in the gilt phase!!!

This defense attorney is probably a really great lawyer however this was not the case for her to defend. She talks like it is not an especially horrible crime. The jury most likely have already decided his fate.

I keep going back and forth in my faith on this.

If the bell rings within the next hour............but then again you never know.

Oh, I forgot about the "headaches" with the "buzzing" sound, or the ringing noise.

Ever hear of migraine???

Now if only all the ones in line ahead of this Monster would have their Sentences carried out, this taxpayer has no problem purchasing a brand new needle....the wait will be way too long though.

:clap:
RR

Fantastic news. 12 to zero for DP. Very clear message this jury has sent out. Kudos to them.

God this case breaks my heart!!! I wish they would just carry out the sentence tomorrow and be done with it.

God this case breaks my heart!!! I wish they would just carry out the sentence tomorrow and be done with it.

Sadly, there will be seemingly endless appeals to protect his "rights.'

They will see justice one day even if in the distant future.

Why in the world they don't just fry that sorry bump on a log right now is just beyond me! He was already despised by many, and me in particular, but sitting there all that time barely batting an eyelash was repulsive to watch! In the infamous words made so by another there in FL we love to hate, "Waste, huge waste!"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
squidsquidsquid
Back