FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you suspect the guy who was in another state at the time of the murder?
The same guy who lost the entirety of his household income due to this murder?

I suppose anything is possible, but I sure would need to see some sort of evidence or indicators to even go down that route. I don't see any if that right now. JMO

What were his life goals and where did you hear about that?

So you suspect the guy who was in another state at the time of the murder?
The same guy who lost the entirety of his household income?

I suppose anything is possible, but I sure would need to see some sort of evidence or indicators to even go down that route. I don't see any if that right now. JMO

What were his life goals and where did you hear about that?

Cant give you anything more, I am all for not badmouthing victims on public forums. But I do think a conspiracy was afoot here and it was about future money making endeavors and romance.
And now I have to go to one of my "what seems like thousands of" Drs.

I know nothing about bookkeeping or accounting, so I wonder: in general (not this case specifically, but just in general with how "creative accounting"shenanigans work)...Is it easier to "cook the books" when your office is cash only ("cash" meaning checks and credit cards too), because it's easier to slip things into a different account when there's no insurance company to account to? Or is it easier when you do take insurance, because then you can do some creative insurance claim filing?

GRACE: Good evening. I`m Nancy Grace. I want to thank you for being with us.

Bombshell tonight. We travel to the scene to investigate Dr. Sievers`s home security system only to discover her killer apparently avoids one of three surveillance cameras Dr. Sievers has positioned on her home. Now police sources also revealing tonight Teresa Sievers`s murder did not include theft or sex assault. So what was the motive for murder?

And tonight, we learn the intricacies of Dr. Sievers`s home security system. Could that alarm system actually be disabled by remote by someone that knew the code?

First, I want to go straight out to the photos of the scene. Look at what we have obtained as we go to air tonight, the actual video-cameras' position on Dr. Sievers`s home.

Now, remember, she`s away. She comes home that Sunday night from out of town, Connecticut, at a family get-together. Her husband and two little girls, coincidentally, stay out of town.

Now, look where the security cameras are positioned. To Matt Zarrell, on the story. What can you tell me about the positions of the three security cameras on the outside of the home, none of which apparently caught the perpetrator?

MATT ZARRELL, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER (via telephone): Yes, Nancy, so you`ve got -- I`ll start on the one on the front, right by the garage. That is above the garage door. Now, in theory, Nancy, you would think that maybe it would see the killer leaving the scene or coming in -- approaching the house. You`ve got that camera. That`s the first camera that we became aware of.

GRACE: OK, look at these. We believe the perp came in through a door that was crowbarred. Let`s see the position of that door. See, there`s the security -- the other, third security camera that she has gotten placed outside. Now, see that walkway, that Lanay (ph) is what it`s called down there -- excuse me, Lanai (ph) -- and it`s kind of a breezeway. So that was covered. And there is the door that was apparently crowbarred. Hold right there. The side door is the one we think was crowbarred.

Now, compare that to the three security cameras. Look at the three security camera photos. None of them would be able to catch the side door.

None of them. There`s an aerial shot we`ve got for you.

So either it was just dumb luck that the killer managed to avoid being caught on camera, or he knew this. He knew what was going to happen.

To Bob Alexander, news director at Fox News 92.5 there in Fort Myers. Bob, we`ve also been learning a lot about the home security system. But what more have you learned on your end?

BOB ALEXANDER, FOX NEWS 92.5 (via telephone): Nancy, Lee County sheriff Mike Scott has characterized this case as being very complicated and made an interesting prediction this week.

[20:05:01]He predicted that when this case is finished, there will be books written and movies made about it, obviously in reference to many high-profile cases that have inspired books and movies in the past.

But I think it may have been a roundabout way of him saying there are so many twists and turns in this case. He even said there are details he wishes he could divulge but obviously can`t at this point to protect the integrity of the investigation.

And I also think it speaks to what you`ve been saying about the investigation being on the right track if the sheriff is willing to say that this was not a random incident.

GRACE: You know, another thing that we`re learning is all about the intricacies of the home alarm system. To Matt Zarrell, also joining us, along with Bob Alexander from 92.5 Fox News -- this alarm system, this company, says that, obviously, the most popular alarm system and the one we believe is here, is by cell phone, all right? What did we learn, Matt?

ZARRELL: Yes, we know that this company says that they can run the security, most importantly, Nancy, through a cell network, Internet provider or plain old telephone, but that cell phone is the most popular one and that most people use that.

GRACE: And to you, joining me, Christo Taourshiani. Christo, the specific security alarm company here -- we spoke to them, Stateside Security -- we learned a lot. Now, this particular alarm system is the type that if it is tripped, if it goes off, they call you immediately.

And they don`t just say, Are you OK? You have to have a passcode. You have to be able to say, like, I watch the NANCY GRACE show or I`m a doctor and I went to Emory University Medical School or NYU. You`ve got to have a pass phrase or code, or else they send the police.

That says to me, Christo, this alarm was never tripped, and that is why the two brothers of Teresa Sievers are out there at the -- in the night trying to test the alarm system, making it go off, trying to find out why it wouldn't trip the night she's murdered.

What else did we learn, Christo?

CHRISTO TAOURSHIANI, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER (via telephone): That`s exactly right, Nancy. Statewide Security of Florida told me that they have a central station, so you have to speak to them before they even dispatch the police to your house.

Also, a neighbor told me on Saturday, July 4th, in the night for about 10 or 15 minutes, Dr. Sievers`s brother-in-laws were at the home and they heard the alarm going off again, which makes me think they were testing it.

GRACE: Guys, again, another major breakthrough in the investigation into the death, the slaying of a gorgeous young Bonita Springs doctor, Dr. Sievers, a mother of two little girls. We now know that the killer, apparently through dumb luck, or by knowledge of the inner workings of the alarm system, managed to avoid being caught on video. We have scoped out the home and found there are three security cameras.

What more can you tell me about Statewide Security? I understand, Christo, they provide a wide array of home alarm systems.

TAOURSHIANI: Oh, yes, Nancy. They provide security and fire insulation (ph) and monitoring, access control, CCTVs. They do the alarms on the doors and the windows, and they even have surveillance cameras, which is the three that we are seeing at this house.

GRACE: You know, another thing we found out is that all their techs have to be in the business for three years` experience, and they have to be vetted by a background search. So this is a highly sophisticated alarm system.

Joining me, Ben Levitan, telecommunications expert. Ben, we have reason to believe that, A, there was not a theft, and there was not a sex assault on Dr. Sievers, which leads me to question the motive behind her murder.

But also, we are learning this is likely one of those cell phone wireless alarm systems. And there`s reasons for that, Ben. There can be a landline system, but then thieves and perpetrators learn you can cut your phone line. So then the alarm system company -- nationwide, the industry moved to cell phone. There`s also radio frequency.

Explain to me, Ben, how somebody that knew the code could disarm this system by remote from their cell phone.

BEN LEVITAN, TELECOMMUNICATIONS EXPERT (via telephone): Well, Nancy, there`s several ways to this. One of the -- one of the possibilities I`m looking at -- yes, you can get a cell phone blocker. So if an alarm was tripped, the alarm company would never know about it because they`d never get the signal. A second possibility, Nancy, is...

GRACE: Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait! Wa-wait! Hold on, Ben. Break it down for us non-techies.

LEVITAN: OK.

GRACE: Are you telling me that if somebody cut the alarm system off via remote, say from their cell phone, somebody that knew the code to that home, the alarm company would not know that? Because with my alarm system, I can look right now and know the alarm is on, what mode it is on, when I turned it on, when it was last turned off. It`s very, very -- let me just say complicated, and it`s extremely technological.

[20:10:31]LEVITAN: It`s an application. Now, there`s -- if somebody had the code -- somebody had the code for her alarms, they could remotely disconnect it.

The other possibility is she was driving up to her house, and you know how people -- as you drive up to your house, you can disarm your alarm and open your garage and turn on your air-conditioning. It`s possible that nobody hacked her alarm system. As she was driving into her house, she turned the corner and out of habit, she hit her code to disarm her alarm and open the garage, and then there was no alarm system at that point.

GRACE: Well, wouldn`t the alarm company have knowledge of that?

LEVITAN: That it was -- it`s just routine. Remember, the alarm...

GRACE: I know, but they would have a record of it. The alarm company would have a record of it because if I can tell if my alarm system is on or off by remote, I know the alarm company can.

And another thing, are you telling me if somebody cut it or jammed it, that the alarm company would not have knowledge of that?

LEVITAN: Yes. How would they know? Remember, the alarm company -- the cell phone link sends information from the house and from the alarm system back to the monitoring station. If that signal is broken, it`s just like the wire is cut.

GRACE: Well, here`s the other thing -- Bob Alexander, news director at 92.5 Fox News. Bob, we saw the place crawling with the security company, which says to me they`re trying to figure out what went wrong, all right? Then we`ve got the brothers coming over, and they`re tripping the alarm into the night, trying to figure out -- they`re testing, they`re testing the alarm system.

So something went wrong or somebody disabled that alarm system, Bob Alexander.

ALEXANDER: Well, I think it speaks to the fact that there`s no stone unturned here in this case Nancy. Everybody wants to make sure they do everything possible to find out even the smallest details in this case, if it has to do with the alarm system, if it`s something that happened around the back of the house.

I mean, there`s so many things going into this case. There are so many details to be worked out. Certainly, the security company is going to play a big role in this before this whole thing is finished.

GRACE: We are also honing in on which room the -- in which the attack occurred. The garage, we believe, has been ruled out, which means the perpetrator was actually in the home. Another question is, does the alarm system work differently in the garage than it does in the home?

Also, we know that the dogs remained in the home while Dr. Sievers went on a mini-vacation. She rarely goes on vacation. And coincidentally, when she gets home by herself from this vacation, she`s murdered. The dogs were at home. We know that because a dog sitter had been employed to come and feed the dogs, take the dogs on a walk.

Now, another thing that we know is that the evidence in this case has been sent to a different crime lab to get quicker results. What does that mean?

Does that mean that the killer left behind DNA? You wouldn`t need another crime lab to analyze fingerprints, all right? Also, we know about touch

DNA. But what can blood spatter tell us?

Joining me right now, Dr. William Morrone. Dr. Morrone, I don`t know if you can see the video we`re showing right now, but we have obtained video of -- from YouTube and C.J. Careers (ph) of a hammer with blood-like substance and the spatter that it would create.

Now, with a blunt object like a hammer, a hammer is going to leave a specific marking on the human skull. The blood spatter, including the throwback, when the perpetrator raises the hammer, the blood going behind the head, it`s called castoff and back spatter. There`s also forward spatter. We`re going to learn a lot from the spatter marks.

Could you explain, Dr. Morrone?

DR. WILLIAM MORRONE, MEDICAL EXAMINER, FORENSIC PATHOLOGIST: There are three major kinds of splatter. You just explained two of them. Forward splatter happens when the hammer comes down. It`s in front, and it`s coming off the front of the hammer.

[20:15:10]The castoff is when they pull the hammer back, it goes that way. And fine castoff is closer to the hammer, and it gets larger droplets as it goes away because it slows down.

And the other one is a back splatter, which would be close to where the perpetrator`s hand is. So there`s three different kinds of splatter, one underneath, one in front and then the castoff.

They`re going to be able to tell the position of the body during the murder based on the walls. And one of the reasons why I think they`re taking so long is they`re reconstructing the kitchen, the scene. They have to create the cadaver, and they have to show the physics. And that`s all really difficult.

This could be a man. This could be a woman. But it`s somebody that they knew everything about this person...

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

[20:20:14]UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: It was early in the morning. I got up, and I heard -- it was, like, a shrill.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Like hollering. We were getting ready for work (INAUDIBLE) heard hollering coming from over there.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: The death of Dr. Teresa Sievers remains a mystery.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: ... evidence that`s being processed as we speak. It`s not random and arbitrary.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: The investigation into a gorgeous young doctor, a mother of three, Dr. Teresa Sievers, goes on there in Bonita Springs, Florida.

We traveled to Florida to examine the security system on the exterior of the home, and we discover her killer, adroitly or either through dumb luck, managed to get into the home and avoid one of three exterior security cameras she had placed on the outside of the home.

We also traveled to the airport it is believed that she entered into. And what did we learn about the airport, Matt Zarrell?

ZARRELL: ... she had used short-term parking. She would have had to go through a toll booth that had a person in there, who would have seen her, and possibly a surveillance camera that also would have seen her. And if someone was in the car with her, maybe they spotted that person as well.

GRACE: You know, I took a long, hard look at what we learned about the airport. If she had parked in short-term, there would have been a camera at the toll for her to exit. In long-term parking, however, are there video-cameras, Matt?

ZARRELL: There may be at the booth, but it doesn`t seem to be a manned booth. You would insert a card, and then the gate would open up. There might be a camera there, but from what we can tell, we can`t be sure.

GRACE: Take a look at the airport toll booth. Now, judging by the time that she was attacked, Dr. William Morrone, we are creating our timeline based on the fact -- the time that a neighbor heard a shrill scream.

It was just about dawn, just as the sun was coming up. And she had already told her family that she would be getting up around 5:00 o`clock that morning to go see patients on Monday morning, as her husband was coincidentally out of town with the two little girls in Connecticut. So

oddly, we hear the scream at about the time she would have been waking up.

Now, question to you. Why not kill her -- if the whole motive is to kill her, it wasn`t rape, according to a non-police source, wasn`t theft, according to the same source -- now, why not kill her in her sleep? If your whole sole purpose of entering was to kill her, why wait until she wakes up? Or did that scream occur in the bedroom? Is that what woke her up?

So what can we tell from the body as to whether she was taken by surprise?

MORRONE: Well, the number one thing your going to look for in tissue samples and in photographs is, are there defensive wounds on the body? And defensive wounds would be bruises and fractures. And then under the fingernails, is there a DNA sample?

And that`s what you said they most likely sent out to another crime lab. A university crime lab might have faster turnaround than state police. Those defensive wounds -- hard, blunt force wounds from a hammer -- would show up as bruises on autopsy. So those are very important.

If there`s no defensive wounds, then we know that she was either surprised or that this is somebody who was very, very close to the family.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

[20:27:48]UNIDENTIFIED MALE: A neighborhood on edge.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Heart-breaking killing.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: This doctor and mother of two was found dead in...

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: A murder on your street right across the street from your house.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Two young daughters that will now grow up without their mother.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Who murdered this gorgeous young doctor, this mother of two little girls, while her husband and children were coincidentally out of town?

They very rarely took vacation. We have had her patients calling in at the home for pregnant unwed moms, those calling in. One woman diagnosed with stomach cancer, Sievers came to her bedside in the hospital and stayed all night, for no reason, just to be there with her. That`s who Dr. Sievers was.

To you, Matt Zarrell. I notice the prints on the fence have been getting a lot of attention. Why?

ZARRELL: Yes, I think this could be very important, Nancy, because this could show us where they think that the person may have entered. Maybe they climbed over the fence and went in through that door.

GRACE: And to Christo. What can you tell us about the husband recently breaking down outside the home, I think for the second time?

TAOURSHIANI: Yes, Nancy. A neighbor told me that they saw the husband breaking down in the middle of the road, bursting into tears and crying.

GRACE: And let me ask you this. Have Mark and the daughters, the husband and the daughters, been back in the home? Are they living there?

TAOURSHIANI: The neighbors tell us the daughters have not been back at all, but that Mark has come back a few times with the brother-in-laws.

GRACE: Everyone, you are seeing family photos of Dr. Sievers and her family. At this hour, the investigation goes on. Who murdered Dr. Teresa Sievers?

Cant give you anything more, I am all for not badmouthing victims on public forums. But I do think a conspiracy was afoot here and it was about future money making endeavors and romance.
And now I have to go to one of my "what seems like thousands of" Drs.

Well love and money are what these cases usually boil down to, especially with the way she was murdered. But I think we are missing the integral pieces of this puzzle to speculate anything other than mere possibilities

They`re going to be able to tell the position of the body during the murder based on the walls. And one of the reasons why I think they`re taking so long is they`re reconstructing the kitchen, the scene. They have to create the cadaver, and they have to show the physics. And that`s all really difficult.
This could be a man. This could be a woman. But it`s somebody that they knew everything about this person...

From transcript. So she was killed in the kitchen? Sure sounds like she had just gotten up to get ready for work. Why wait for that time? To confront her about something first? jmo

Well, that's true. :) What I meant was if she never armed it, she never armed it, so the alarm would then have nothing to do with it. I'm leaning toward her never arming it and the company coming out to make sure it was working properly (i.e. she didn't "think" she armed it and it didn't work.). When I've had systems before, the company can tell remotely if it's totally unplugged from the wall, and not just unarmed. They would call to tell me it had become unplugged and ask if I was aware of it. So, if they could tell from their office she did not arm it, they probably wanted to check to make sure it was working correctly.

IMO, she disarmed it when she got home (if it was armed on vacation) and either forgot or didn't bother to arm it again.

I wonder who was responsible for watching the dogs.
On NG last night all that was said is she had a dog sitter. Thought NG had said who but when seen transcript only said sitter. Wonder if that person seen any strange cars or people lurking around.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

From transcript. So she was killed in the kitchen? Sure sounds like she had just gotten up to get ready for work. Why wait for that time? To confront her about something first? jmo

Possibly waiting for her to turn off the alarm and take dogs out. Maybe, maybe not.

Since, I do it all the time, I think she either forgot to arm the alarm or she disarmed it to let the dogs out and didn't rearm it. JMO

Maybe someone knew this was her morning ritual, having to let the dogs out in the early a.m. and turn off the alarm to do so. imo

*brilliant minds, etc...lol

Its really amazing how they can recreate the scene through computer animation. I'm not sure if they'll get an accurate read on whether the perp in this situation was male or female just based on how tiny she was

Amazing that whoever did this managed to avoid the outside security cameras

Amazing that whoever did this managed to avoid the outside security cameras

Someone that knew where they were. Everything points to this being very personal and someone that knew the DR very well.Wasnt theft, no sexual assault. Very angry person. Add camera in to no alarm going off. Too much of a coincidence. Think the alarm was disabled by someone other than Dr. jmo.

I know nothing about bookkeeping or accounting, so I wonder: in general (not this case specifically, but just in general with how "creative accounting"shenanigans work)...Is it easier to "cook the books" when your office is cash only ("cash" meaning checks and credit cards too), because it's easier to slip things into a different account when there's no insurance company to account to? Or is it easier when you do take insurance, because then you can do some creative insurance claim filing?

This is a generic accounting answer and it applies whether you're selling apples, garden supplies, etc. or operating a fee for service business. It is always easier for an employee or employer to perpetrate fraud when dealing with cash. If you own a business you MUST trust everyone who handles the cash. For example; patient X pays $100 for their appointment and someone accepts that payment and records the amount. That payment is then deposited to an account(s). It is easy for someone to pocket $20 and alter the business record to reflect an $80 payment received. Or, if the business has more than one account someone can split the transaction between accounts and funnel the proceeds in a way that benefits them. Everything we have learned about Dr. Sievers indicates that she was a dynamo and busy with work all day. She, more than likely, rarely paid attention to the actual accounting and tax records of her business. There have been numerous murder cases that involved financial fraud where a trusted employee, or spouse, was pocketing money designated for IRS payments and creating false returns. Then when the IRS comes knocking on the door and insists upon speaking with the business owner they are either found out or "something bad" happens to that owner. Here's one example: http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=3546142

This story involves the spouse, but there are many others that involved a trusted employee. Someone handled the monies that were being collected and each person with access needs to be investigated. Did her husband actually go to her office each day to collect the payments and deposit them? If not, who made the deposits? Who was responsible for recording and accepting the payments? Was cash kept in a secure and locked vault? When payments were made for "hard goods" such as vitamins and supplements how were they recorded and distributed. If I were auditing the records of the practice I would carefully follow the money trail of each type of transaction.

Not once did what I feel about either of those things enter into my post. FYI I think all medicine and pharma should be socialized. Nor did I give any value judgement about alternative medicine, or making more money off patients. Just stated facts my dear.

My point about more money is that per patient, it IS much more money. So yes, a Dr may be able to see a patient for a longer period of time. Personally I prefer Drs who deliver, and not the touchy-feely aspects of going to a Dr. I value results not bedside manner. But my point was to say it is about the money, not about the mainstream vs alternative medicine aspect that she did not honor insurance.

And why is this important to the case? Because I am leaning heavily to thinking that two things are germaine to the motive - ideas about making a fortune using non-mainstream medicine and assistance from someone into book and record keeping that wanted her out of the way. So I want to know everything about how the practice was making its money.

Well, the fact that it's cash makes it easier to skim off the top for sure, or hide transactions from the IRS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe someone knew this was her morning ritual, having to let the dogs out in the early a.m. and turn off the alarm to do so. imo

*brilliant minds, etc...lol

Lol, I have two dogs and one especially is up often by 5 to go out. Ugh! When we remember to turn on the alarm, the first thing my husband or myself does is unarm it. I'm also wondering if she bypassed any doors or windows when she armmed the system. My husband often bypasses our patio doors because the dogs use them to go out. Did she do this with one of her doors and somebody knew.

Just a side note, many doctors I know of give a "cash discount" for people who don't have or use insurance. I have had policies that would only pay for "their doctors" so if I wanted to see mine, I paid.

Well love and money are what these cases usually boil down to, especially with the way she was murdered. But I think we are missing the integral pieces of this puzzle to speculate anything other than mere possibilities

To the list of motives, I would add: hate and fear. Hence, 1&2) Love and Money 3) Hate 4) Fear

We have numerous murder cases at WS where hatred of the victim was involved. IE., Travis Alexander's murder

In the fear category, would fall victims who were murdered due to the killer's fear of the victim revealing wrongdoing; be that of an affair, embezzlement, incest, and so forth.

In my fibro fog, I have developed a question and seek clarification. I thought Mark and his brothers, for lack of a better word, worked on the Security System the weekend prior to the trip to CT. Then, immediately after the murder, the Security System was analyzed at the Crime Scene by technicians from the SS provider. And again, the SS was tested by Mark and his brothers on July 4th following the death of Dr. Teresa Sievers on June 29. Please correct me if this is wrong information.

TIA

Dr. Sievers supported women becoming Catholic Priests. However, the Catholic religion says NO to allowing women as priest. It is very confusing but the women that get ordained as priests are excommunicated by the Catholic Church. Murders are forgiven and NOT excommunicated.

This is is very interesting to me. Hmmm.

Here is just some background.

https://judyabl.wordpress.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members