FL FL - Ellen Akers, 15, Ormond Beach, 18 April 1981

Thumbnail.jpgThumbnail (1).jpg

Ellen / Age progressed to 49-years-old (2015) from:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

From Ellen Linda Akers – The Charley Project
Details of Disappearance:
Ellen was last seen in Ormond Beach, Florida on April 18, 1981. At 8:00 p.m., she stopped at the 7-11 on Atlantic Avenue where her mother worked and asked for some money to go to the movies. She has never been heard from again and it is unclear whether she actually went to see a movie on the night of her disappearance.

Ellen's stepfather reported her missing at 4:00 p.m. the following day. Her purse and eyeglasses were left behind in her bedroom.

Some agencies classify Ellen's case as an endangered runaway. Authorities believe she is deceased. Her case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency:
Ormond Beach Police Department 386-248-1744
Volusia County Sheriff's Office 904-736-5962

It says Ellen's mother discovered her missing when she came home from work the following morning...but that her stepfather was the one to report her missing later that day. Where was the stepfather during the previous evening/overnight?
That’s exactly what I was wondering. Did they rule the stepfather out? If Mom noticed she was missing in the early morning, why wait so long to report her missing?

That’s exactly what I was wondering. Did they rule the stepfather out? If Mom noticed she was missing in the early morning, why wait so long to report her missing?
Maybe she thought she was at school? Or spent the night at a friend’s that she went to the movies with?
Edited to add: Never mind the 18th was a Saturday so she wouldn’t have been at school.

I'm wondering as well....
Did she ever return home that evening and go back out again...if so, could be why purse and eyeglasses were still there or..never returned that night at all?? Also, did she walk to the 7 11...how far from home..and how close to the movie theater...by herself or with a friend?

Did she ever return home that evening and go back out again...if so, could be why purse and eyeglasses were still there or..never returned that night at all?? Also, did she walk to the 7 11...how far from home..and how close to the movie theater...by herself or with a friend?
Yes, lots of questions. Did she usually wear her eyeglasses?
I don’t always use my purse and carry a purse alley instead - maybe she did as well?

Ellen's NamUs profile was modified today, March 25th.(not sure exactly what)

I did notice that a new age progression was added though in March 2023

Ellen would be 58 if she was or is still alive.

1711381082682.png

I'm wondering what young girl would go to a movie alone? I wonder if invited by someone if that someone was ever interviewed

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back