Found Safe FL - Erica Ann Johnson, 36, Endangered, missed work, has no bank acct, vehicle or SM & rarely uses phone, Cape Coral, 14 July 2022 *found in 2023*

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1658834078954.png
SW Florida Crime Stoppers Facebook:

CAPE CORAL, Fla. – Cape Coral police are asking for the public’s help in locating a missing and endangered adult.

Erica Ann Johnson was reported missing by family on Thursday, July 14th after missing a work shift.

She was last seen in the area of Coronado and Cape Coral Parkways.

Detectives say locating Johnson has been challenging, because she does not own a bank account or vehicle and rarely uses a phone. She also does not have any known social media accounts.

Johnson reportedly uses public transportation often.

Investigators say Johnson looks different than how she appears in this photo. She is currently described as having shorter, lighter colored hair with bright green eyes.

Anyone with information on Johnson’s whereabouts is asked to call The Cape Coral Police department at (239) 574-3223. You can also submit a tip through Crime Stoppers by calling 1-800-780-TIPS or online at www.southwestfloridacrimestoppers.com.

Being employed she'd have to have some way to get paid and cash her paycheck. With no bank account that makes it tough to track but I wonder when she got paid last. Was she carrying the check or lots of cash with her?

W

Will not let me pull up DG’s reply’s to post’s.
Wondering if she had special needs?

Try this link. I couldn't see all of the comments on the other link, but this one works for me. There are several comments and replies by DG throughout the thread. There is also a reply by ML who is from Erica's hometown.

The body of a woman was found in Fort Myers. I don't have a good feeling about this.

FORT MYERS, Fla. — The body of a female believed to be in her 30’s was found in the shrubs along the north end of the South Trail Shopping Plaza in Fort Myers Monday afternoon.

At around 3:15 p.m., the Fort Myers Police Department’s Homicide Unit responded to the plaza off of Cleveland Ave, near Grace Ave.

Detectives set up several lines of yellow crime scene tape and set up a blue tent, where the body was found.

FMPD said the body was discovered by a passerby. Police said they are investigating her death as suspicious. Investigators are also looking into how the woman died, and how long her body was there.

Try this link. I couldn't see all of the comments on the other link, but this one works for me. There are several comments and replies by DG throughout the thread. There is also a reply by ML who is from Erica's hometown.

Wow, how sad! The police waited so long to help!

Being employed she'd have to have some way to get paid and cash her paycheck. With no bank account that makes it tough to track but I wonder when she got paid last. Was she carrying the check or lots of cash with her?
Her employer would have given her a pay card. Her pay would be auto deposited onto the card. She could go to an ATM and withdraw 100% of it if she wanted to. She could also use it just like a debit card. Thats how companies deal with the “unbanked.”

The body of a woman was found in Fort Myers. I don't have a good feeling about this.

FORT MYERS, Fla. — The body of a female believed to be in her 30’s was found in the shrubs along the north end of the South Trail Shopping Plaza in Fort Myers Monday afternoon.

At around 3:15 p.m., the Fort Myers Police Department’s Homicide Unit responded to the plaza off of Cleveland Ave, near Grace Ave.

Detectives set up several lines of yellow crime scene tape and set up a blue tent, where the body was found.

FMPD said the body was discovered by a passerby. Police said they are investigating her death as suspicious. Investigators are also looking into how the woman died, and how long her body was there.

It has been updated - it is not Erica.

I am very confused. There is a picture in the link above of her carrying what looks like a carry-on small bag and an actual large crate. More for dogs then cats IMO. The most updated pic of her has blond hair but coworkers are saying she has brown hair with blond highlights. She was last seen 7/5 and 7/8 on busses however reported missing on 7/14. Who reported her missing and did she show up for work at all during the 7/5-7/14 time frame? She doesn't look to be packed for a long term adventure. IMO

There is a picture in the link above of her carrying what looks like a carry-on small bag and an actual large crate. More for dogs then cats IMO.
<snipped>

I don't think I'm allowed to post it, but can point to a comment in all comments by "RW" who answers what Erica's service animal is (not cat or dog). But I don't know if that animal went with her?

Interesting that she took her pet / emotional support animal. This makes me think she will need to use her pay card, or cash if she withdrew it all, in order to care for herself and the animal. She would need lodging, maybe she is staying with a friend somewhere out of the area. I hope she hasn't been caught up in a trafficking situation.

Text of Cape Coral Police Dept Facebook post:

UPDATED: 7/26/2022, The additional photos include an updated photo of Ms. Johnson, family and co-workers have stated that that her hair color is brown with blonde highlights. The updated photo also shows a small freckle on the lower side of her face.

LeeTran surveillance video showed Ms. Johnson at the Cape Coral bus station located at SE 47th Terrace on July 5th at approximately 5:37 pm and again at 05:21 am on July 8th leaving with a suitcase. Anyone with information regarding Ms. Johnson’s whereabouts can call (239) 242-3320.

1658882571711.png

1658882686021.png
1658882605161.png

Interesting that she took her pet / emotional support animal. This makes me think she will need to use her pay card, or cash if she withdrew it all, in order to care for herself and the animal. She would need lodging, maybe she is staying with a friend somewhere out of the area. I hope she hasn't been caught up in a trafficking situation.

Text of Cape Coral Police Dept Facebook post:

UPDATED: 7/26/2022, The additional photos include an updated photo of Ms. Johnson, family and co-workers have stated that that her hair color is brown with blonde highlights. The updated photo also shows a small freckle on the lower side of her face.

LeeTran surveillance video showed Ms. Johnson at the Cape Coral bus station located at SE 47th Terrace on July 5th at approximately 5:37 pm and again at 05:21 am on July 8th leaving with a suitcase. Anyone with information regarding Ms. Johnson’s whereabouts can call (239) 242-3320.

View attachment 356247

View attachment 356250
View attachment 356248
Looks like she is talking on a phone.

JUL 26, 2022
[...]

CCPD Public Affairs Officer Brandon Sancho told The Breeze in an email that, “(Johnson) was missing but it was upgraded to missing endangered after an additional investigation. No signs of foul play she lives a different lifestyle where she has no phone, no vehicle, and no bank account. Investigators believe she left by bus and are currently working with LeeTran.”

[...]

A close friend of the missing woman told The Breeze that Johnson is originally from the St. Louis area and was living in Cape Coral. She said she had worked at Best Western Plus Beach Resort in Fort Myers Beach as a housekeeper. She added that Johnson was living in an office building and had died her hair dark around the 4th of July.

[...]

JUL 26, 2022
[...]

CCPD Public Affairs Officer Brandon Sancho told The Breeze in an email that, “(Johnson) was missing but it was upgraded to missing endangered after an additional investigation. No signs of foul play she lives a different lifestyle where she has no phone, no vehicle, and no bank account. Investigators believe she left by bus and are currently working with LeeTran.”

[...]

A close friend of the missing woman told The Breeze that Johnson is originally from the St. Louis area and was living in Cape Coral. She said she had worked at Best Western Plus Beach Resort in Fort Myers Beach as a housekeeper. She added that Johnson was living in an office building and had died her hair dark around the 4th of July.

[...]
Did she have to move out of the office building? Was she living there with permission? The small bag could not be all of her belongings? Could she be traveling?

They say she doesn't have a phone but it looks like she is on the phone in the one picture. Are these pictures from different days as she's wearing different outfits in each one and I thought she didn't have a phone.
Cape Coral police investigators said Johnson was reported missing after she didn't show for a work shift. They said Johnson did not have a bank account or vehicle. She did not use a cell phone frequently and had little to no social media presence. bbm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back