Resolved FL - Fort Lauderdale, WhtFem UP7840, 45-65, notes in Arabic, Apr'03

Hi Ya'll
I am reaching out to inform you about the status of this case. My name is Zana V. and I am a daughter of the woman that has been found in 2003. The Nam case #7840. I had picked up my mothers remains back in March of this year 2018.
My mother took off in March of 2003 leaving behind to myself my younger brother and our uncle a note each. In the note she wrote that if anyone asked for her that she had left for Canada.

Moths passed by and no contact from her ever arrived. I went to the police station and tried to report a missing person but because I had the note they told me that she had a right to leave and that they had no rights to go after her due to her not being mentally ill. My mother had never displayed suicidal tendencies. And never had it crossed my mind that she would try and commit suicide.

Years have passed by and my father decided to get his pension, the clerk kept asking him for his wife for which he replied that he had no idea of her whereabouts. A friend of my older brothers wife that works for FBI found the NAM 7840 and emailed to my older brother and then and he gave it to me. I got in touch with investigator W.C. who then told me that they had the fingerprints of the woman but for some reason the fingerprints were never sent to immigration to try and find out the identity. She was a USA citizen and her fingerprints would have been on file if they sent them when she was found but in 2017 there were no longer any records. So I had to submit my DNA sample and the test came positive match.

She was found in the area we knew not of anyone, I still don't know what was she doing there or who she could possibly be there with. She was a very positive person an optimist and very intelligent. She disliked one piece of bathing suits and would never wear one under her clothes. She was found with her jeans, bathing suit and shirt but no shoes, glasses or any other personal items. She had a decent knowledge of medicine being that my father is a doctor and I don't believe that she would have taken all that medicine and then cut herself like that...

The letter that was found with her was from her mother who was a devoted Muslim, passed away in 2012 due to stomach cancer but my mother nor her three sisters were religious nor did they speak Arabic. Regardless to that my grandma liked to give her notes with doves written in Latin so she could say them when in trouble or stress. The letter also has notes in Bosnian because we are from former Yugoslavia and the names Pero is her husband and Ziva is not a name it means Alive. We say "ziva bila" it means may you be alive in direct translation wishing good health.
I don't understand how could she lay in residential area for over a week and no one noticed a body until it started to decompose. How could she have wondered away without her glasses she had a very thick prescription.
Her sister passed away the same moth from lymphoma and I can see that she might have taken pills from her but still nothing makes sense.
She was fifty years old at the time born December 22, 1952 her name was Zulejha nick name Lela

I see a huge thread going about this case so I thought you all would want this information. I have her remains cremated in my apartment and at some point will most likely scatter them either in Atlantic or take them back to Bosnia. I have not decided yet. Her remaining sister told me to do as I wish. I cant let her go yet I have been waiting on her since 2003
So sorry for your loss. May your memories comfort you.

Hi Ya'll
I am reaching out to inform you about the status of this case. My name is Zana V. and I am a daughter of the woman that has been found in 2003. The Nam case #7840. I had picked up my mothers remains back in March of this year 2018.
My mother took off in March of 2003 leaving behind to myself my younger brother and our uncle a note each. In the note she wrote that if anyone asked for her that she had left for Canada.

Moths passed by and no contact from her ever arrived. I went to the police station and tried to report a missing person but because I had the note they told me that she had a right to leave and that they had no rights to go after her due to her not being mentally ill. My mother had never displayed suicidal tendencies. And never had it crossed my mind that she would try and commit suicide.

Years have passed by and my father decided to get his pension, the clerk kept asking him for his wife for which he replied that he had no idea of her whereabouts. A friend of my older brothers wife that works for FBI found the NAM 7840 and emailed to my older brother and then and he gave it to me. I got in touch with investigator W.C. who then told me that they had the fingerprints of the woman but for some reason the fingerprints were never sent to immigration to try and find out the identity. She was a USA citizen and her fingerprints would have been on file if they sent them when she was found but in 2017 there were no longer any records. So I had to submit my DNA sample and the test came positive match.

She was found in the area we knew not of anyone, I still don't know what was she doing there or who she could possibly be there with. She was a very positive person an optimist and very intelligent. She disliked one piece of bathing suits and would never wear one under her clothes. She was found with her jeans, bathing suit and shirt but no shoes, glasses or any other personal items. She had a decent knowledge of medicine being that my father is a doctor and I don't believe that she would have taken all that medicine and then cut herself like that...

The letter that was found with her was from her mother who was a devoted Muslim, passed away in 2012 due to stomach cancer but my mother nor her three sisters were religious nor did they speak Arabic. Regardless to that my grandma liked to give her notes with doves written in Latin so she could say them when in trouble or stress. The letter also has notes in Bosnian because we are from former Yugoslavia and the names Pero is her husband and Ziva is not a name it means Alive. We say "ziva bila" it means may you be alive in direct translation wishing good health.
I don't understand how could she lay in residential area for over a week and no one noticed a body until it started to decompose. How could she have wondered away without her glasses she had a very thick prescription.
Her sister passed away the same moth from lymphoma and I can see that she might have taken pills from her but still nothing makes sense.
She was fifty years old at the time born December 22, 1952 her name was Zulejha nick name Lela

I see a huge thread going about this case so I thought you all would want this information. I have her remains cremated in my apartment and at some point will most likely scatter them either in Atlantic or take them back to Bosnia. I have not decided yet. Her remaining sister told me to do as I wish. I cant let her go yet I have been waiting on her since 2003

I have such mixed feelings. Happy that your mom is now identified and with family. Angry that her fingerprints were never submitted when found. Sad if she was suicidal. Yet, from your comments, I am now confused about the suicide and many aspects of it. If you feel there was foul play, please follow up on it. Many on here would help if needed.

I have such mixed feelings. Happy that your mom is now identified and with family. Angry that her fingerprints were never submitted when found. Sad if she was suicidal. Yet, from your comments, I am now confused about the suicide and many aspects of it. If you feel there was foul play, please follow up on it. Many on here would help if needed.

Because of autopsy that I have the report on it has been concluded that there was no bruises or damages to the body, she was not carrying any terminal illnesses like cancer that would perhaps drive her to suicide... But the body was in such state that at first they could not even determine the race of the woman... sadly that is what I believe is the reason the fingerprints were not sent, they just thought she was either illegal or minority because of the note found on her, which isn't even a suicide note... Why would she leave her bathing suit on and then wonder away into an unknown area without shoes and glasses and violently cut herself like that in residential area and then no one sees her for days laying its beyond me... she never quarreled with anyone so I cant think of anyone wanting to hurt her... I have not followed up with the officer that wrote her report since the investigator W.C. sort of convinced me that everything points out to suicide and that it is possible that she threw away all her belongings not wanting to be found... I have a lot of mixed feelings as well...

Dear Zana, thank you very much for letting us know about your dear mom and I am so very sorry for your loss. Many here on Websleuths cared and researched about her for years and wanted more then anything for her to be reunited with family. It is very sad but also hm bittersweet news that after so many years she is finally identified.
May she RIP
1f339.png

===
If you do not mind me asking when she left in March was it from different state or was it also in Florida?

Zana,

I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad you found resolution to the question "where is she?" And I hope in time you can have answers to the "why" questions too.

Thank you for updating us here on Websleuths.

Can someone flag a mod to move this case to identified? I'm on a phone atm and don't know how.

Dear Zana, thank you very much for letting us know about your dear mom and I am so very sorry for your loss. Many here on Websleuths cared and researched about her for years and wanted more then anything for her to be reunited with family. It is very sad but also hm bittersweet news that after so many years she is finally identified.
May she RIP
1f339.png

===
If you do not mind me asking when she left in March was it from different state or was it also in Florida?
We were living in Hallandale Florida and she had a bakery in Hollywood Florida... So she was always in Florida...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back