GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once Charlie got convicted the noose was tightening on Donna. But trying to flee??? Really? She just handed the state a huge piece of evidence - consciousness of guilt is an albatross for any defense! She didn’t think the FBI was watching her? Maybe not so tough after all cause this reeks of panic. Of course in public she will put on her tough facade but in private she’s freaking out!

I also think this is the end of the line. Wendi and Harvey will not be charged. JMO
Wendi's researching her private fight options as you type that..... getting ahead of this ;)

There is evidence that HA was aware of some details of the murder and the bump. Hard to see how he can be charged, but he can be used as a pawn i.e sing like a canary and we'll drop any potential charges against you. Surely one of them out of WA, CA, DA and HA must have thought this hit was a bad idea. Why potentially ruin all their lives. If I was HA and had little involvment, I'd roll over on my wife and kids.
I think they all had some degree of knowledge in this plot. I think two did the leg work while the others weren't as privy to the specific details. Basically, just do what you think is best for the family, but I don't want to know the how. I will never believe WA and HA were completely in the dark. I think they knew something was going down, but didn't know the where and how.......just the when. JMO

Last edited:
Because of today's developments, does it make sense to now try Harvey at the same time? Just take a swing at him even though the State's case is thin and the odds are not good?
Use him as a bartering tool. Bring him in for questioning, threaten him with various charges and he'll roll over. He knows his wife is going down for the rest of her life and doesn't make any sense for all of them to do life. One of them will roll over. I think it will most likely be WA. She knows her Mum and brother are never getting out of prison, she might as well. I'm guessing HA's lawyer will tell him to no comment and not to be intimidated with various threats and not to roll over. His lawyers know the case is weak, but if WA is arrested as well. The dynamic changes. He and his lawyers know WA may accidentally or "accidentally" implicate him, so get in first. He had the least involvment so makes sense to offer him a deal as opposed to the other repulsive human beings.

Last edited:
I absolutely think this was CA's plan that Donna and Harvey took. He is the one that loves the Asian countries and women. I would bet they would have tried Israel, but for the war
bet CA has them set up with "friends" in Vietnam . The Adelson's are just not smart. They had know they are being watched...I still wonder what is going on back with WA and HA. I think based on what has happened they have to know one or the other is next and there is little hope of getting DA even out on bond. I would have HA on suicide watch (figure of speech here) as he really has nothing left. I don't think you can fool those boys much longer.

So given her age and the strength of the charges against her, will Donna try to plea out? Problem is she has no one to sell out except Wendi and Harvey. Will she sell them out to go free?
Oh, heck! That woman is as healthy as a horse. [In fact, in her mug shot, she rather looks horsey. Why wasn't she wearing any makeup? Less recognizable when traveling? ]

At any rate, no way can she plead old, out-of-shape, and sick.

Last edited:
@Zedzded ' Harvey as a battering ram' Yes that's a better suggestion
So many intriguing possibilities for State leverage

- Wendi is the apple of Daddy's eye ( All his photos & photoshopping of portraits of her)
- Going forward, Wendi won't want to look after a devastated and geriatric Harvey
- Once Charlie is sentenced & transferred & being extorted by numerous prison king-pins, he's also softened up for proffer against Wendi

It's gonna become a Mexican stand off.

Georgia right now:

Screenshot 2023-11-14 at 14.11.58.png

I think if the prosecution is cute, they could offer DA a "deal" that isn't really a deal. i.e instead of life she gets 20, out in 12/15. That gives her some hope, the reality is, that would be a life sentence, she'll get out of prison in her late 80s.

I was a military brat growing up, lived all over the Southern US on military bases. At Ft. Campbell KY I played little league baseball and Johnny Bench from the Reds came on base to visit, meet the kids, and autograph pictures. Needless to say, from that point on, I was a Reds fan. My parents are both native Mississippians. Although I now live in Georgia, I was living in Tally when Dan was murdered. I lived in Florida, close to Tally, the longest period of my life..by far. It’s the closest place to a “hometown” I’ve ever had. So, I keep the “Florida_Marlin” moniker! I’ve followed this case since the day Dan was murdered. It’s way past time DA gets what’s coming to her. The arrogance of that evil family.
Indeed. Almost a decade, that woman has got to live her life in luxury. Of course, especially since Charlie's arrest, I'm sure there was plenty of Pepto at the house, but she has been free. I just hope that her age doesn't get her any privileges or sympathy. I don't think they will have enough on Wendi to overcome reasonable doubt. She is still going to get to raise those boys, and the damage is done already. They're in their teens raised by that crime family.

thank you, great info

(Jack) "Campbell, in a Tuesday interview with the Tallahassee Democrat, said investigators had the evidence needed to charge Donna Adelson but that her trip to the airport sped up their timeline.

"That's what forced our hand," Campbell said. "We started talking to some of our law enforcement partners about the complexities of trying to bring someone back from either Dubai or Vietnam. And that might be a very complicated and lengthy process. So that’s why we had to make a decision quickly."

Campbell added that Donna Adelson was in the process of trying to flee, which will be part of the state's evidence in its case against her. The United States does not have an extradition treaty with Vietnam.

Her arrest came less than 24 hours before a Leon County grand jury is scheduled to meet, though it's unclear if her case will be heard. All first-degree murder charges run through the grand jury."
From this report, I expect Donna will plead "not guilty".

Charlie or Wendi will never turn on their mother. They are likely to turn on each other but if they turn on each other by necessity that will involve turning on Donna. So I predict no Adelson will cooperate. Charlie is finished! He’s gonna do life in prison. State has a very strong case against Donna esp now that she’s tried to flee. I wonder if they set her up to flee so they can use that against her at her trial! I’ve been wondering why she wasn’t charged with Charlie - it’s the exact same evidence! Makes me wonder…..

JMO

Edited to add : I also wonder if they didn’t charge Donna with Charlie bc they didn’t want him to take the fall for her and absolve her? Of course that’s what he tried to do but prosecutors have no idea what his defense would be until opening statements.

Oh c’mon y'all we haven't yet considered that there may be a TRIPLE extortion at hand. Donna and Harvey were just trying to get away from mastermind Katie Magbanua, after all, look at what she had done to Dan…and then Charlie!

This is all just a big misunderstanding, Katie and the cops are working together to frame the Adelson family. Donna is completely innocent and fears for her life now that the Latin Kings are salivating at the thought of whacking her son behind bars…Katie set up Dan, then Charlie, and now Donna! It's all a big racket. At the end of the day, if ultra-orthodox Dan had just not tried to take Donna’s Sunshines away, none of this would be happening!! /s

;)

How can Wendi pretend that she thought it was normal for her parents to go away at Thanksgiving? That she didn't know that they were fleeing? They provide childcare to her. They had to of told her they were going away, at minimum, even if she wants to try to pretend it was for a vacation.

@Zedzded ' Harvey as a battering ram' Yes that's a better suggestion
So many intriguing possibilities for State leverage

- Wendi is the apple of Daddy's eye ( All his photos & photoshopping of portraits of her)
- Going forward, Wendi won't want to look after a devastated and geriatric Harvey
- Once Charlie is sentenced & transferred & being extorted by numerous prison king-pins, he's also softened up for proffer against Wendi

It's gonna become a Mexican stand off.
WA will be happy to make a deal and CA will happily shop in his sister. I think CA's main concern is keeping his Mum out of jail, WA's main concern is keeping WA out of jail. Not sure with HA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildkey517