GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really didn’t think they’d reach a verdict today! I decided to leave the house and go for a little hike. Now I’m sitting down by the river and couldn’t resist checking in on my phone…..and wow! Missed the live reveal, but I’d say it’s a good day!!

She is going to be hysterical right now - she will understand the implication of this speedy unanimous verdict.
Good. Maybe she will have some more of that diarrhea and sleepless nights her son complained of her having. It’s the least karma could do right now.

Wonder if he’s gonna call her from jail.
Now THOSE calls would be interesting. JMOO.

Justice has been a long time coming for Dan. It's still only partial, as it can only ever be in a case like this. No matter how many perpetrators go to jail, this will remain a terrible injustice. But what happened today was a measure of justice, and the right result factually and legally. Watching Charlie hear the verdict read against him on all counts was very, very gratifying. Great job by the State of Florida and GC yet again. Now arrest Donna.

Good. Maybe she will have some more of that diarrhea and sleepless nights her son complained of her having. It’s the least karma could do right now.

Wonder if he’s gonna call her from jail.
Now THOSE calls would be interesting. JMOO.
Hopefully the calls will be recorded BUT they will surely be speaking in codes again as always

Right now, lots of channels/platforms are discussing trying to get jurors to comment on their experience.

Does anybody here worry about that, like I do?
( I think Donna will be next and I don't want her defence team to be able to watch or analyse their comments for tips for Donna's future defence. Am i being too OTT? I'd prefer it if jurors only gave comments to state in private)

Donna has a better defense. She can say he came to her and told her to put Katie on the books for the insurance. When the bump happened, she thought it was about insurance fraud. Hence talking in code. Won‘t work, but more plausible than Charlie. She will try to contest the cell tower records that have her outside his house the night of the murder.

ETA- does anybody think Rashbaum actually thought he would win this?

My opinion is that Charlie was the driving force for the murder. Remember him telling his mother to calm down about the bump on the wiretap? I can see him dismissing his family's concerns about a murder-for-hire and saying there was no way the cops would figure it out. That's just my opinion.

Donna has a better defense. She can say he came to her and told her to put Katie on the books for the insurance. When the bump happened, she thought it was about insurance fraud. Hence talking in code. Won‘t work, but more plausible than Charlie. She will try to contest the cell tower records that have her outside his house the night of the murder.

ETA- does anybody think Rashbaum actually thought he would win this?
Donna is not on Dolce Vita. Thats the biggest difference. However, she has the motive. Shes talking code. Meeting in secret. Shes outside Charlies house dropping off money. I dont know if you can get Donna on first degree murder but you can get her on conspiracy and solicitation EASILY. That would be 30 years on each, which is LWOP for a 74 year old.

My opinion is that Charlie was the driving force for the murder. Remember him telling his mother to calm down about the bump on the wiretap? I can see him dismissing his family's concerns about a murder-for-hire and saying there was no way the cops would figure it out. That's just my opinion.
They would’ve gotten away with it if it weren’t for the bump. Katie wasn’t talking. They could’ve not talked on the phone. Amazing they thought their stupid code would prevent the cops from figuring it out.

a few clips
( In the live feed, you can see Rashbaum tell CA that he's likely been found guilty before the verdicts are read out. Janssen says that Rashbaum will have found out from balliff reactions)

I can't find the spot where Rashbaum tells Charlie to ' stop it!' It's somewhere after Rashbaum's closing.

Lovely photo from the Tally Democrat
Steinbeck says that he saw Phil last night & Phil was not counting his chickens on the verdict

Donna is not on Dolce Vita. Thats the biggest difference. However, she has the motive. Shes talking code. Meeting in secret. Shes outside Charlies house dropping off money. I dont know if you can get Donna on first degree murder but you can get her on conspiracy and solicitation EASILY. That would be 30 years on each, which is LWOP for a 74 year old.
I believe the combination of Donna's emails expressing such loathing for Dan along with her texts talking in code, asking Charlie to delete the message after reading and discussing ideas for a "birthday present" will more than sustain a verdict against Donna. There is good evidence of motive and planning right there. On its own it might not be sufficient, but ALL the evidence post-bump boxes her in and I believe any reasonable jury will find her guilty.

They would’ve gotten away with it if it weren’t for the bump. Katie wasn’t talking. They could’ve not talked on the phone. Amazing they thought their stupid code would prevent the cops from figuring it out.
The list of people who had a motive to shoot Dan Markel was very short. I mean it was obvious who had a motive. It takes a lot for a judge to sign off on a wiretap -- they had strong probable cause regarding Charlie to get that wiretap. For me, it was only a matter of time before Charlie got arrested. Given the obvious nature of the motive, extremely dumb to think you would get away with it. That's just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74