FL FL - Gail Joiner, 13, Thonotosassa, 22 Sept 1972

Bumping for Gail. She has been missing for 43 years now.

I understand why they wouldn't want to release further information on her case. If three different people admitted to murdering her, then they need to withhold certain elements to verify the "confessions". I doubt they have a lot of additional evidence though as no body has been found.

There's actually a decent discussion on Gail over at topix. No name-calling or insults; mostly just people posting what they remember about Gail, her family and the case. Some of the information hasn't been verified in regards to the suspects that are named on there.

no not yet, I've been sick for a few weeks and i was going to do it when i feel well enough to get on my laptop. I'm on a kindle now and its not as easy to do stuff. who should i email that mugshot too? does anyone else think it looks like her?

oh for me it was the nose, i thought it was exactly the same and the thick eyebrows.

I just came across this pdf of a The Sheriffs Star and has an original missing ad and photo for Gail Joiner

https://www.flsheriffs.org/uploads/star/THE_SHERIFFS_STAR_VOL_16,_NO_9,_NOVEMBER_1972.pdf

JOINER, Gail —White female. Born 7-22-59. 4' 10", 100 lbs. , slender build. Long brown hair, blue eyes, small straight scar on left cheek. Last seen Sept. 22, 1972, wearing denim levis, short sleeve navy pull over shirt with white stripes. Subject was barefooted.
She had with her a pet raccoon, 6-month-old female wearing silver choker and dog leash. Subject last seen in the area of Thonotosassa Road and Seffner Lake Road, Thonotosassa, Hillsborough County, Florida. Anyone having information about the whereabouts of this missing person is asked to call Sheriff Malcolm Beard, Tampa, Florida.

Gail will be turning 58 in 5 days. Gail has been missing for 45 years, come this September.

As a parent, I cannot imagine the loss experienced by her family. As a human being, I look at this one available picture and cry. If she is truly gone from this existence, we really did lose another child way too soon.

I just came across this pdf of a The Sheriffs Star and has an original missing ad and photo for Gail Joiner

https://www.flsheriffs.org/uploads/star/THE_SHERIFFS_STAR_VOL_16,_NO_9,_NOVEMBER_1972.pdf

JOINER, Gail —White female. Born 7-22-59. 4' 10", 100 lbs. , slender build. Long brown hair, blue eyes, small straight scar on left cheek. Last seen Sept. 22, 1972, wearing denim levis, short sleeve navy pull over shirt with white stripes. Subject was barefooted.
She had with her a pet raccoon, 6-month-old female wearing silver choker and dog leash. Subject last seen in the area of Thonotosassa Road and Seffner Lake Road, Thonotosassa, Hillsborough County, Florida. Anyone having information about the whereabouts of this missing person is asked to call Sheriff Malcolm Beard, Tampa, Florida.

They were still looking for Gail when that issue came out! Oh, if only we had the Amber Alert in place all those years ago!

The arrest of Lorraine Gail Joyner posted by winterrayne is interesting to me. Obviously the mugshot isn't the best reference photo, but I see some similarities (the nose caught my eye first). The fact that she was picked up in MI but posted on a FL arrest log along with the name being almost identical are two things that can't be ignored or written off as coincidence. At least not in my book. Unfortunately, the original post by winterrayne is over a year old, so I'm assuming they never contacted LE or they did and never got a response. It's baffling how little info has been released. Over four decades have passed. I don't see how any information released now could hinder the investigation (or lack thereof).

This is a awesome find. I really think this should be called in. I have never done that before, so maybe someone who has more experience should bring this to their attention. If nobody wants to do it I will. Is anyone in contact with the family friend TeresaClip who was posting here before? I would love to hear her opinion about the resemblance. Moo

This is a awesome find. I really think this should be called in. I have never done that before, so maybe someone who has more experience should bring this to their attention. If nobody wants to do it I will. Is anyone in contact with the family friend TeresaClip who was posting here before? I would love to hear her opinion about the resemblance. Moo

You can email the contact on Gail's Namus page with this info if you don't feel comfortable making a phone call.

Gail Joiner was born in July 1959 and would have just turned 58. the Lorraine Gail Joyner is currently 56 and would have been born aprox 1960 or 1961 depending on her bday. I don't think they're the same person based on age and spelling of name. Usually if someone runs away and changes their identity in an attempt to not be found, one would assume they would make themselves older not younger. I just see too many differences but it never hurts to submit to LE.

Hello, glad this picked up. I submitted it a while ago, couple months ago to the investigating agency listed. At the time all I found was a submit type form and when I clicked it, it didn't load to another page, it just stayed there. I clicked submit a few times just in case, then I was giving time to see if they got it or not. I glanced for a regular email and didn't find one then. Did someone send in on her namus file or hillsborough? I have bad anxiety, so I am a email type person instead of phone, especially when I have a lot of links to send.

If I ran away when I was a teenager, I would make myself older, then as I got older I would make myself younger lol

Per LE Loraine Gail Joyner is NOT a DNA match to Gail Loraine Joiner but he did say the resemblance is uncanny. I was so hopeful for positive outcome even if we didnt get any details.

Per LE Loraine Gail Joyner is NOT a DNA match to Gail Loraine Joiner but he did say the resemblance is uncanny. I was so hopeful for positive outcome even if we didnt get any details.

Man, I really would have thought so!! I was hoping this was one of those found alive cases.
I thought she looked exactly like her too!
I'm more stunned that this isn't a match, then some others ones I've seen. Thanks for submitting it! I get sidetracked then I'm like crap, I was working on that 8 months ago lol

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back