FL FL - Jack "Don" Lewis, 59, Tampa, 18 Aug 1997 ("Tiger King" missing husband) Joe Exotic guilty

Yeah he's still looking at 17-21 years in prison. It's not quite the resounding victory he's trying to spin it as on social media since the conviction is not in question. Or whoever is posting for him is trying to spin it as on social media.

@evamckend

Spotted on the Hill outside of Dirksen! It’s Carol Baskin from Tiger King.
She says she can’t tell me how who she’s meeting with.
She says to a staffer, “When you called me up, I thought this guy can’t really work for the Senate“

Attachments

• E5664085-88CD-44F1-9401-B2C65CB98E78.jpeg
    E5664085-88CD-44F1-9401-B2C65CB98E78.jpeg
    235.3 KB · Views: 28
Carole Baskin confirms sale of Joe Exotic's former zoo, says it can't be used for 'anything related to Tiger King'
Carole Baskin confirms sale of Joe Exotic's former zoo, says it can't be used for 'anything related to Tiger King'
Megan Johnson
Sun, August 29, 2021, 11:33 AM

9692ede0-08e4-11ec-9f9f-3d247ccccda5

Carole Baskin has confirmed that Joe Exotic's former animal park has sold, and cannot be used as a zoo. (Photo: Araya Doheny/Getty Images for NightFly Entertainment, Ltd.)
Carole Baskin has confirmed that the zoo previously belonging to Joseph Maldonado-Passage, known as Joe Exotic from Netflix's Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness, has been sold.

Reached by phone on Sunday, Baskin, the owner of the nonprofit sanctuary Big Cat Rescue, confirmed to Yahoo Entertainment that not only has the Oklahoma property formerly used as an exotic animal park been sold to a local couple who are known for purchasing properties that need a lot of work, but that the new owners cannot use the ownership for anything Tiger King-related.

https://www.wfla.com/news/hillsboro...-don-lewis-case-to-answer-questions-thursday/

What happened to Carole Baskin’s missing husband? Detective on Don Lewis case to answer questions

On Thursday, Chronister and Corporal Moises Garcia, the lead detective on the case are expected to take questions from reporters via Zoom. The event will be streamed on WFLA.com and the WFLA Facebook page at 10 a.m.

Earlier this week, a new billboard went up on Dale Mabry Highway appealing for information about the case.

I watched Tiger King 2....so it seems small possibility that Don eloped somewhere with a chunk of stashed cash and is living another life. Personally, I don't think he is in Costa Rica or anywhere else.

Tiger King 2 brought evidence up that Carole had threatened killing him in the past in their arguments.

Carole & Don's relationship went sour when Carole forgot a clouded leopard in a box out in the sun for the purpose of moving to a different enclosure. The poor leopard was killed by her negligence and Don was pissed.

Meanwhile, Don had been preparing his lair in Costa Rica as he planned on leaving her and taking some of the cats with him. He even had a assistant in Costa Rica who often procured young females for him there.

If Carole was that nuts about anyone taking her cats away, she has a strong motive and had the time and proper environment. His assistant in Costa Rica said he never showed back up after he disappeared.

TK2 just left the public with more unexplained inconsistencies.
There is an "official" document by the Department of Homeland Security, stating "Don Lewis is currently alive and well in Costa Rica". The document has no date and no official seal stamp. The DHS was founded in 2002 and began operating in 2003. Don Lewis was officially declared dead in 2002. Why didn't the person who requested the DHS this info (assuming it was requested after 2002), inform the authorities that Don Lewis was alive and well after being officially declared dead?
This is just one of the many questions I was left with.

MOO JMO

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 20.59.11.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 20.59.11.png
    482.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 20.59.12.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 20.59.12.png
    493.2 KB · Views: 11
TK2 just left the public with more unexplained inconsistencies.
There is an "official" document by the Department of Homeland Security, stating "Don Lewis is currently alive and well in Costa Rica". The document has no date and no official seal stamp. The DHS was founded in 2002 and began operating in 2003. Don Lewis was officially declared dead in 2002. Why didn't the person who requested the DHS this info (assuming it was requested after 2002), inform the authorities that Don Lewis was alive and well after being officially declared dead?
This is just one of the many questions I was left with.

MOO JMO
If it is an authentic report from Homeland Security and it was indeed reported to HCSO then they have a lot of explaining to do. If it is bogus then whomever faked it has a lot of explaining to do. Until this is resolved this case is at a standstill IMO. I’m surprised none of the reporters that were invited to ask Detective Garcia questions about the case didn’t ask about that document. It was biggest revelation in TK2.

Let's go back to 2020 and refresh our memory:

"Two of the original detectives on the Don Lewis case flew to Costa Rica to search for him in 1997. One of them told the Times recently that they did not find any sign of him."

Where is Tampa’s missing ‘Tiger King’ millionaire?

"Our detectives and our detective supervisor went to Costa Rica, and, even there, they were met with different obstacles."

Florida Sheriff Is Here to Debunk Your Tiger King Cold-Case Theories

If Sheriff CC knew about the DHS document i believe he would have mentioned it at some point in the many interviews he gave, or at least confirm the HCSO has proof JDL "is alive and well in Costa Rica". Sheriff CC never did it. "The case has never been closed.", but the DHS document says otherwise. "JDL is alive and well" and "this investigation will be closed."

MOO JMO

JimRathmannIsTheRealDeal

The document is obviously fake. I don't see how on earth she hasn't been arrested for his murder already. I've seen other people be picked up and convicted on much less. He went missing two months after he tried to get a restraining order after she threatened to kill him! I mean, really? She stole his kids inheritance, everything she says is a lie and it's obvious when she talks. Its really absurd to me that she hasn't been arrested, it is clear as day she killed him. I usually don't point towards the side of they did it, but I cannot find anything to prove she didn't do it.

I'd like to know if one of his airplanes was missing from the airfield his van was found at. It was a pretty significant detail they did not cover in the documentary to my knowledge.
I found the whole airplane scenario rather perplexing. I think in the documentary they said he had no licence and was flying planes under the radar. What was his sense of purpose and more importantly why was Costa Rica so important for him to visit. Cast back to the year he went missing 1997 and Costa Rica.
Refworld | Costa Rica: Information on drug trafficking particularly cocaine and whether the police are involved as participants

I don't think it was important, I think she made it seem that way, to seem like he just left. She said also, "I allowed him to have 1 million dollars to see if he could do it." You allowed him his own money? But he was looked for there, and never found in that country. So...I don't think he ever made it...

March 21, 2020, Carole Refuted Points in Tiger King Series

https://www.bcrwatch.com/uploads/2/6/8/1/26816874/original_refuting_netflix_tiger_king.pdf
The ^ link is to "bcrwatch.com" dated March 21, 2010 and contains a longer version/more info than the link below.
Not the same link I posted yesterday, which was from Carole's/Big CatRescue website "
bigcatrescue.org. Her March 31 post re T-K series is at https://bigcatrescue.org/refuting-netflix-tiger-king/.
The Sheriff watched the series which is why he put out the tip line number again. He said all he has gotten so far are theories from people who watched the series.
'Everyone Had a Different Story.' Tiger King Popularity Leads Sheriff to Reopen the Case of Don Lewis's Disappearance
What about Carol's brother that was apart of the Sheriff department? Not a lot of questions into that part from an internal affairs aspect.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back