FL - Jared Bridegan, 33, father of 4, ambushed & killed, Jacksonville Beach, 16 Feb 2022 *3 arrests, 1 guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is it with our spate of Utah spouse murders? Kouri Richins?

And Utah multi-level marketing seems to being out the worst in people. Cf LuLaRoe and the documentary…

AND...we can't forget Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell .... crimes in AZ and ID, but both have such strong family history in and connections to Utah. And their "new world" that they were preaching was a multi-level marketing company--sortof!!

Oh... and then, there is the murdered doctor in MO. He ran his crypto multi-level marketing, and much of his family also from Utah!!

I am looking at it from a very different angle....

- The fact that they are wealthy and have an adult daughter who was increasingly implicated in a murder made them the subjects of a certain amount of news interest. Thus, the need to comment

- There are no indications that the family was involved in the crime. Like parents of all income levels, they give their children the "benefit of the doubt" and support them "through thick and thin".

- @StarryStarryNight 's observation is very telling and further illustrates the good character of the parents. They do not proclaim their daughter's innocence- but rather very accurately point out that there is a legal process.

My guess is that they are slowly distancing themselves from their daughter (no proclamations of innocence) as indications of guilt grow.

But... like families of all income levels, "blood is thicker than water" and they continue to support her to some degree.

Though their wealth allows for the hiring of a star attorney, the core concept is no different than most other families- they don't fully abandon their adult children.

Like the Vallow/Daybell case......... parents, directly, may stay quiet. But I bet we will see extended family speak out. Shanna had, apparently distanced herself from her LDS Church. That will be looked at with disdain, even from family.

imo. I know I had seen the church status mentioned a couple of times in MSM, but way back in the beginning... so not sure where.

Just speculation, but Washington just abolished the death penalty. So, may be a legal move to petition Washington Gov to refuse extradition unless DP is taken off the table.

Geeez, maybe that was the whole reason for moving to Washington.

Which brings up the issue of why they waited this long to arrest her. If they had evidence back to 2015, why the wait?

I think the chances of Washington refusing to comply with the extradition order are slim to none. The only legal right a governor has to deny an extradition is if he/she believes the charges are unjustified. A grand jury issued an indictment for her arrest, so I don’t see that happening. She’s only delaying the inevitable, IMO.
thanks. makes me feel better to hear this!!!

"The judge ordered Gardner to be held on no bond.

She could remain in the Washington jail for another 90 days or longer before she's extradited back to Duval County to stand trial for what she's accused of doing here. Gardner's attorney told the judge they do not anticipate waiving extradition."

<modsnip - not an approved source>

Snip
Fernandez is now technically considered a "fugitive of justice"……

She is scheduled to return to court on September 14 to address the extradition matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess is that the purchase of the home through an LLC or other legal constructions is becoming an SOP for both the truly wealthy and the just "well off" who work in high lawsuit risk professions.

My guess is that the purchase of the home through an LLC or other legal constructions is becoming an SOP for both the truly wealthy and the just "well off" who work in high lawsuit risk professions.

Edited: Much respect for Kirsten Bridegan - Thought this a sincere and well worth video to watch. Speaks volumes about the person Ms. Bridegan is. My heartfelt condolences to Ms. Bridgegan for losing her loved one so tragically and senselessly. imo

Jared Bridegan's widow Kirsten has been fighting for justice for her husband from the beginning -- even when not as many people were listening. Thank you for coming on with me Kirsten. Bridegan's ex-wife Shanna Gardner has been charged with murdering the father of four.

Last edited:
Edited: Much respect for Kirsten Bridegan - Thought this a sincere and well worth video to watch. Speaks volumes about the person Ms. Bridegan is. My heartfelt condolences to Ms. Bridgegan for losing her loved one so tragically and senselessly. imo

Jared Bridegan's widow Kirsten has been fighting for justice for her husband from the beginning -- even when not as many people were listening. Thank you for coming on with me Kirsten. Bridegan's ex-wife Shanna Gardner has been charged with murdering the father of four.

Kirsten is genuinely a good person, when she speaks you can see her resolve to see this case through. What a needless nightmare, four children have lost their Dad and two more will lose their Mom. What a shame this kind of evil seems so prevalent these days. Always the kids who pay the price.

Kirsten is genuinely a good person, when she speaks you can see her resolve to see this case through. What a needless nightmare, four children have lost their Dad and two more will lose their Mom. What a shame this kind of evil seems so prevalent these days. Always the kids who pay the price.

And it’s too often a custody fight that is the motive for violence. I never get how somebody who claims to have a kids interest in mind will kill somebody else the children love and need. I guess we are the fooled ones for trying to find logical reasoning in evil people.

And it’s too often a custody fight that is the motive for violence. I never get how somebody who claims to have a kids interest in mind will kill somebody else the children love and need. I guess we are the fooled ones for trying to find logical reasoning in evil people.
True! Her parents seem like nice people, guess this apple catapulted itself to a different family tree?

Just speculation, but Washington just abolished the death penalty. So, may be a legal move to petition Washington Gov to refuse extradition unless DP is taken off the table.
The WA state governor has no discretion over the duty to extradite if presented with the proper documents from the demanding state showing the detainee is a fugitive and has been properly identified and charged with a crime. How the demanding state plans to proceed with the prosecution of the charged individual is not a factor. See the Extradition Clause in the Constitution or 18 U.S.C § 3182

The WA state governor has no discretion over the duty to extradite if presented with the proper documents from the demanding state showing the detainee is a fugitive and has been properly identified and charged with a crime. How the demanding state plans to proceed with the prosecution of the charged individual is not a factor. See the Extradition Clause in the Constitution or 18 U.S.C § 3182

I didn’t know but assumed the process would involve courts.

I wonder if any believe that FL should have waited to announce the death penalty until she was in their custody. I will confess I am not an attorney, so have no idea if that is feasible, practical, or allowed.
MOO
I don’t know either the process and know it can be awhile for the State to decide. However maybe they felt it was obvious she would be getting it as it has been deemed a death penalty case - and then maybe that would be an issue of transparency? I don’t know though either... It doesn’t seem she can fight it though and I hope she doesn’t have a chance to do so - and that’s nothing to do with the death penalty but she committed the crime in Florida and has to deal with the consequences of that. She is responsible for another human’s brutal murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member