Found Deceased FL - Jennifer Bennett, 27, Miami, 9 June 2016

Something doesn't sound right bout this... I hope this "friend" or "bf" she was supposed to see is being questioned and cleared of not actually seeing her that night... I want to know if her car was facing heading home or facing towards going to his house? And I think I read somewhere that she was walking home or something? But that makes no sense why would she leave her shoes in her car? And I hate that they stated shes a recreational MDMA user, I feel like that automatically makes cops/the public not care about the case as much..

Something doesn't sound right bout this... I hope this "friend" or "bf" she was supposed to see is being questioned and cleared of not actually seeing her that night... I want to know if her car was facing heading home or facing towards going to his house? And I think I read somewhere that she was walking home or something? But that makes no sense why would she leave her shoes in her car? And I hate that they stated shes a recreational MDMA user, I feel like that automatically makes cops/the public not care about the case as much..
See response #17. There is a Google map there.

It appeared she was headed home as she was in the EB lane.
She was within 13 minutes of being home by car. By foot it would have been an hour and a half.

Per the above Miami Herald article above, the dogs picked up a scent outside of the car, but the trail didn't lead anywhere.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Just some thoughts on the car being parked where it was on EB SR 826 at NW 17th Ave:

A Fl Trooper discovered the car abandoned @12:30p.m. on Friday, June 10, 2001. (She was last seen leaving her home at 5:00 pm the evening before) In the car was her purse, her dl, keys and phone. Her flip flops were on the driver's side floor.

The car was a grey Sonata.
3 of the windows were rolled down. One of the detectives commented that the car could not have been there that long as the car seats were dry.
When they tried to start the car, it wouldn't start as the battery was dead.

What happened that made her pull over there. (if in fact, it was Jennifer driving the car.) Did she run out of gas, and pull over? Would police be able to tell if she was out of gas if the car wouldn't start, therefore not registering on the fuel tank line?

Did she roll down the windows because it was hot in the car? Had it rained sometime that evening or Friday morning which prompted the cop to think the car hadn't been there long because the seats were dry?

Did she perhaps leave the car lights on without thinking and therefore ran down the battery?

Why not call someone for help? Or was it too late to call someone? She certainly would have responded to her friend's text or call had she been in the car at 1:00 am. (when he said he tried to contact her.)

Did someone stop by and offer her a lift? If so, why did she leave her purse, cell phone and keys in the car?

Lots of unanswered questions.

Read the above Miami Herald article. It will fill you in on what happened beforehand.

Thanks, I did read the link, but I'm not sure I agree with the theory. I really understand its plausable and could well be what happened. But I'm not sure of the time frame. If she was heading home after being told not to go as her friend wasn't feeling up to a visit, would the journey have took this long?
Is it possible someone else took her car and left it here?
So sad for this girl. Does she have many friends or family appealing for info?

Thanks, I did read the link, but I'm not sure I agree with the theory. I really understand its plausable and could well be what happened. But I'm not sure of the time frame. If she was heading home after being told not to go as her friend wasn't feeling up to a visit, would the journey have took this long?
Is it possible someone else took her car and left it here?
So sad for this girl. Does she have many friends or family appealing for info?
Yes. She has friends. Both of her parents are recently deceased, however. The link for her FB is up above. Check it out. It may give you a bit more insight.

Still no news regarding missing person, Jennifer Bennett.

I was talking with a friend about the case and how Bennett's flip flops were found on the driver's side mat. My friend didn't find this at all unusual as she always slips hers off on the driver's mat and drives barefoot. The flip flops make driving difficult so when she gets where she needs to be, she just slips them back on.

I continue to think she was with the car on the Expressway when she pulled over to the side because of car problems. Perhaps she got out of her car to....check the tires or look under the hood.

It could be that when she was outside of her car (speculating), someone may have stopped and forced her into the car.

She was a big girl (5'6" and 200 lbs) so it's hard to imagine she could be easily overpowered by one person unless, of course, this person had a gun.

The lack of any news is frustrating.

I don't know if this matters at all, but I noticed that the reports of what she was last seen wearing differ. I've only been able to find a few articles about her, but of the ones I did find, she's been reported as wearing "a black blouse and blue jeans" ( http://wsvn.com/news/local/police-search-for-missing-ne-miami-dade-woman/ ) or "a sleeveless gray top and black jeans" ( http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article83198412.html ).

Who last saw her? Which outfit was she wearing (and who claimed to see her in each outfit)? Just some more questions...

Hmmm. LE will be able to determine where she was when she sent that last text or if she did in fact go to her BF' s house. I am trying to wrap my head around a man who doesn't want sympathy, a nurse and a caretaker when not feeling well. Who are these men and where are they?

The original article I read called him 'someone she had recently begun dating' & not necessarily a 'boyfriend.' Maybe they are just getting to know each other and he did not want her to see him possibly unshowered, in pain, bad mood, etc., so early in their relationship. Just a thought.
My own DH usually wants to be left alone to sleep when he feels unwell. But since I am a nurse, I bug him with any necessary medicine and push fluids on him. He calls me Nurse Ratchet!

I think its possible the man she was dating may have done this. he CALLED telling her not to come (who knows that's what he said to her?) then she texted him but HE could have done that. then he could have called her phone but it could have been rt there. I hope they pinged it. I realize im late and they may have already done so. let me catch up.

According to the above Miami Herald article, Jennifer Bennett left her home at five p.m. to visit a man she was dating. (He had a broken ankle).
On her way there, he called her to tell her not to come as he wasn't feeling well and wanted to sleep.

Bennett texted him later that evening and asked him to call. He responded at 1a.m. but she didn't reply.

Her car was discovered empty with her keys, phone and purse still in the car at 12:30p.m. on Friday afternoon near NW
12th Ave.

The car would not start (the battery appeared to be bad) and the last communication on her phone was at 9:48 pm Thursday evening.

Police are focusing on her whereabouts from Thursday early evening to Friday afternoon.

This may be completely unrelated to Jennifer, but my local news just reported human remains were found off the Palmetto at NW 12th Ave. That's where Jennifer's car was found abandoned weeks ago.

They did not have any other information other than it is one person.

http://www.local10.com/news/human-remains-found-off-palmetto-expressway-in-miami-gardens
Well. This is certainly a suprise.
They had the dogs out and everything!! How did the dogs miss the body? (if indeed that's
Jennifer's remains).

it looks really close to "civilization" too.

Well. This is certainly a suprise.
They had the dogs out and everything!! How did the dogs miss the body? (if indeed that's
Jennifer's remains).

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin
[video=twitter;747846067656495104]https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/747846067656495104[/video]
VIDEO: Miami Gardens investigators focus on area next to Palmetto Expressway where it appears body was found @wsvn

[video=twitter;747852550037180417]https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/747852550037180417[/video]
Cops cut away fence and clear brush to get to what appears to be a black bag. Body believed to be inside @wsvn

so this was no accident or OD. (well, an OD there on her own anyways)

[video=twitter;747852550037180417]https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/747852550037180417[/video]
Cops cut away fence and clear brush to get to what appears to be a black bag. Body believed to be inside @wsvn

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back