FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope there is a break in this case soon, LE probably some info that they are keeping close to the vest. This family needs a break.

Major changes have happened. Thanks to all who were responsible!

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_local_orlandocrime/2006/03/disagreement_le.html?commenter=

Disagreement leads to Kesse Web site changes
(UPDATE 1 a.m. It now appears the jenniferkesse.com web site is back up, and no longer forwarding to jenniferkesse.org. It does include a link to that Web site's forum. Also note the update at end of this post.)

A little odd cyberspace twist in the Jennifer Kesse missing person case. Tonight we noticed that a new look -- and a new address -- on the Internet for information on the case. Reporter Willoughby Mariano checked around and filed this:

Today the Jenniferkesse.com web site automatically referred Web surfers to jenniferkesse.org, which isn't owned by the Kesse family. According to Wayne Levitt, a spokesman for the family, the reason is this: Two people involved in administering the web site disagree on whether it should include an online forum. The .com site now being redone and should be back to normal on today or Friday.

The jenniferkesse.com domain was bought by a South Daytona Beach man, who gave ownership to Drew Kesse, Jennifer's father. The South Daytona man has been maintaining the web site.

Jenniferkesse.org is owned by Maitland resident Cheryl Matchett. She obtained the .org web site after people interested in the Kesse case started reading information she posted on a personal Web site with a different name. She says people posting on the web site said the South Daytona man was trying to make money on the Kesse's misfortune by referring the old site to someoneismissing.com, which would sell web space for $5 to people with missing relatives who want to post online about them. She said members of the Kesse family called her to voice their support for the jenniferkesse.org site, but did not know that jenniferkesse.com was automatically referring to her site.

We put a call into the South Daytona man, but he did not return a phone call for comment. If he does, we will post as a comment.

-continues-definetly a must read~

This seems to be the only place for updates on the search for Jennifer. Sadly it seems the momentum is slipping away

Let's hope the search on Saturday unearths some kind of evidence.

PHOTOS:

I guess most of you have seen the photos here;
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-asec-missinggirlpg012606,0,399229.photogallery?index=2
Photo 12 shows the bloodhound following the sent back to Mosaic. I notice this is along a busy road. Also the LE boys are running to keep up so I presume it was a good scent for Bo. All this seems a long time ago.
I wonder why there is no news coming out at all. Maybe LE know more that we think and are trying to flush the perp out in a roundabout kind of way.
I hope so anyway.

Good morning All :)

The local news media has been totally silent on the 'Kesse case' for a whole week. No news - just nothing! :(

Last night there was a 5 second blip to say that the Kesses would be at the Winn Dixie shopping center for Child Watch's "Kid Guard" program - also they'll be at the Fla. Mall this week-end to pass out more flyers. Nothing about "an actual search" for Jen - just the flyers info.

This morning there was a bit more (longer than 5 sec.). The news included a new way for people who may be afraid to call "Crimeline" or LE directly to still contact them (and LE) with tips.

The Kesses have set up a private post office box so people can write and still remain anonymous. This is the address:

Kesse Disappearance
PMB # 103 - 125
5389 South Kirkman Road
Orlando, FL

Tips or suggestions can be mailed to the Kesses at that address.

13th Juror

I took a lot of photos of an empty burned out bulding behind Hunting on the Green, I don't know if there is anything to them: http://flfiesta.com

There is a post office box set up for anyone who would rather mail in a tip.

HELP FIND JENNIFER KESSE
PMB 103-125
5389 South Kirkman Rd.
Orlando, FL 32819

I remembered a poster asked, if any of Jennifer's jewelry was missing, it is stated here: Possibly wearing a diamond necklace with three stones which represent past, present, and future.

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200603944S

Endangered Missing Adult

If you believe you have any information regarding this case that will be helpful in this investigation please contact:
City of Orlando Police Department at (321) 235-5300

Name: Jennifer Joyce Kesse

Classification: Endangered Missing Adult
Alias / Nickname: Jenn
Date of Birth: 1981-05-20
Date Missing: 2006-01-24
From City/State: Orlando, FL
Missing From (Country): USA
Age at Time of Disappearance: 24
Race: White
Height: 68 inches
Weight: 130 pounds
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Green
Complexion: Medium
Glasses/Contacts Description: Clear contacts.

Identifying Characteristics: Double pierced ears, tattoo of a small "shamrock" on left side of buttock below the bikini line, birthmark on left middle finger, skin tags on outside of left hand, non-raised faded strawberry birthmark on rib area, surgical scars on left elbow, cleft in chin, dark eyebrows.
Jewelry: Possibly wearing a diamond necklace with three stones which represent past, present, and future.

Circumstances of Disappearance: Unknown. Jennifer was last contacted via phone at approximately 10:00pm at her residence in the vicinity of the 3700 block of Conroy Rd. in Orlando, FL. It is presumed she left for work around 8:00am the following morning. Her vehicle, described as a black, four door, 2004 Chevy Malibu was located several days later at an apartment complex one mile from her residence in the vicinity of Texas and Americana in Orlando, FL.

Investigative Agency: City of Orlando Police Department
Phone: (321) 235-5300
Alternate Phone: (407) 246-2962
Investigative Case #: 06-32039
NCIC #: M-95548802

~note to 13thJuror, are you hearing anything at all?

LaMer said:
~note to 13thJuror, are you hearing anything at all?

Hey LaMer n' All :)

There was "nothing" on Sunday or Monday.

Today it was announced that time is running out for the 'big reward money'. The anonymous donor (Westgate Resorts, Jenn's employer) is pulling the $100,000. portion that they added to the Kesse family's $15,000. reward for the safe return of Jennifer.

As another poster (just above) stated - the date for someone to come forward with information expires on March 15th. (The Ides of March - if my memory serves..)

The news blips are reminding "anyone with information and interested in the reward" that time is runnng out.

Other than this 'mention' today - it's been pretty silent about Jennifer's disappearance. Just a short 1 minute film segment on the Kesse's appearance at the Kid Watch thing at the Winn Dixie on Saturday evening. No real coverage.

Feels a lot like 'cold case' status to viewers. :(

13th Juror

I'm moving to Orlando and spent the past few days in the area. EVERYWHERE I went, I saw Jennifer's missing persons flyer.

I was amazed at the amount of land in Orlando. I just could not believe it! I made a comment to my daughter about staying with me at all times, she's 12. I explained to her that if something happend to her in Orlando, there are so many places that someone could take her, I would never find her. Now I understand why there are so many unsolved cases in that area. It's scary!

I pray that the Kesse's can find some closure. I just hate to think of the amount of time it would take to search every part of that area. There are just so many trees, and lakes, and more trees. It goes on for miles and miles.

I'm sure all of the locals from Orlando are aware of this, but coming from South Florida, I was in shock!

Cheetah said:
I'm moving to Orlando and spent the past few days in the area. EVERYWHERE I went, I saw Jennifer's missing persons flyer.

I was amazed at the amount of land in Orlando. I just could not believe it! I made a comment to my daughter about staying with me at all times, she's 12. I explained to her that if something happend to her in Orlando, there are so many places that someone could take her, I would never find her. Now I understand why there are so many unsolved cases in that area. It's scary!

I pray that the Kesse's can find some closure. I just hate to think of the amount of time it would take to search every part of that area. There are just so many trees, and lakes, and more trees. It goes on for miles and miles.

I'm sure all of the locals from Orlando are aware of this, but coming from South Florida, I was in shock!

When I lived in Sarasota I was amazed at all the outlying land that wasn't developed. I felt the same about Orlando. Maybe Florida needs to set out with hugh search parties and cadaver dogs and grid many areas. If not Jenn, I am sure there will be someone else. Like a blanket search.....if you will.

WKMG (local6) is reporting that there is another reason why the reward is being pulled on March 15th. There is a behind the scenes conflict between Crimeline and the anonymous donor. Several points of contention.

It has to do with the "conditions" to collect the reward. Donor stated that reward was to be paid ONLY if Jennifer was returned safely. However - the money was turned over to "Crimeline" and that's not how Crimeline operates.

Crimeline offers a reward if the information leads to an arrest even if Jennifer is not returned. The "donor" told local6 news that if Crimeline doesn't want to play by his rules then he's taking his money back.

Also while the $100,000. reward money is in Crimeline's account - the interest the donated funds earns goes back to Crimeline which the donor disagrees with.

The Kesses have said that when those funds are pulled on the 15th - they will raise additional funds from the public though it may not be as much as $100,000. All are hoping that someone will come forward by the 15th.

Whew! The plot thickens ....

13th Juror

Oh yeah, it is real easy to donate money for a safe return when in most instances that isn't the case. 13th Juror if you find out who the donor is please publish it. Just so they can get emails for their lack of compassion.

concernedperson said:
Oh yeah, it is real easy to donate money for a safe return when in most instances that isn't the case.

13th Juror if you find out who the donor is please publish it. Just so they can get emails for their lack of compassion.

Hi Concerned :)

It's Jennifer's employer - Westgate Resorts

I believe I mentioned it in my earlier post (#423) before this last one. The "donor" wishes to remain anonymous but that's who it is.

13th Juror

13th Juror said:

WKMG (local6) is reporting that there is another reason why the reward is being pulled on March 15th. There is a behind the scenes conflict between Crimeline and the anonymous donor. Several points of contention.

It has to do with the "conditions" to collect the reward. Donor stated that reward was to be paid ONLY if Jennifer was returned safely. However - the money was turned over to "Crimeline" and that's not how Crimeline operates.

Crimeline offers a reward if the information leads to an arrest even if Jennifer is not returned. The "donor" told local6 news that if Crimeline doesn't want to play by his rules then he's taking his money back.

Also while the $100,000. reward money is in Crimeline's account - the interest the donated funds earns goes back to Crimeline which the donor disagrees with.

The Kesses have said that when those funds are pulled on the 15th - they will raise additional funds from the public though it may not be as much as $100,000. All are hoping that someone will come forward by the 15th.

Whew! The plot thickens ....

13th Juror

Thanks again 13thJuror :)

This is so sad, just what the Kesses do not need. I would have never thought about it being bacause of something like this. It saddens me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member