FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were probably more than one crime scene. If Jennifer was abducted from her parking lot, she was probably taken somewhere else before being sexually assaulted and murdered. We have have no idea where that other crime scene was, so we don't know whether it was cleaned up quickly or not.

My money is still on the workers at the apartment complex, but I doubt whether there will ever be enough proof for an arrest.
If there was a crime scene at Mosaic, nobody noticed on Tuesday. The residents, Mosaic staff, gardeners, other workers, Jennifer’s family & friends, and the cops. The Mosaic manager started looking when notified by the family at approximately 11:30 am Tuesday morning so it was cleaned up by then. That is relatively fast imo, if anything happened there. We have to remember how fast the family responded.
I agree with you though. We have no clue where the crime scene(s) are. We just know where people were at certain points so that helps some.

Last edited:
Every time I see an article about a young woman being rescued after 15 years, I have a renewed hope that Jennifer might be found alive eventually.

It’s not victim blaming to suggest a statistically more likely outcome. Nearly 50,000 people per year are successful at committing suicide. Less that 3,000 people per year are killed by individuals unknown to them.

In addition many show no signs suggesting suicide was something they considered.

It may ultimately not be the right answer, but based on the outright lack of any evidence suggesting a struggle in her car or her apartment, nor even an inkling of a possible crime scene, along two phones going out of service at the exact same time, it is premature and bad logic to rule out a suicide scenario at this time.

Having the opinion that she did not commit suicide is different from it not being possible.

Many things are "possible"- but what is "probable"- I used to pick up cancer cases for the cancer registry in my state- I reviewed pathology reports- if carcinoma was possible we did not put that into our data, we picked up that case ONLY IF CARCINOMA WAS PROBABLE. Lots of things are possible, but is it PROBABLE and in this case suicide is not probable. Of course you are entitled to your opinion - but realize lots of things are possible, very few are probable. that is all I am saying. Suicide cannot be the fall-back position because they haven't solved the case.

Many things are "possible"- but what is "probable"- I used to pick up cancer cases for the cancer registry in my state- I reviewed pathology reports- if carcinoma was possible we did not put that into our data, we picked up that case ONLY IF CARCINOMA WAS PROBABLE. Lots of things are possible, but is it PROBABLE and in this case suicide is not probable. Of course you are entitled to your opinion - but realize lots of things are possible, very few are probable. that is all I am saying. Suicide cannot be the fall-back position because they haven't solved the case.

I understand where you're coming from, and I appreciate your perspective. However, I must respectfully disagree. In the absence of concrete evidence pointing in one specific direction, I believe it's challenging to establish a relative probability for any scenario, whether that's suicide or any other cause of death. Without substantial evidence pointing towards a specific conclusion, we can't justifiably assert that one outcome is more probable than another. Each possibility, though varying in likelihood, needs to be examined carefully. Hence, I would refrain from drawing conclusions too early. But of course, this is just my viewpoint.

I'm firmly in the abducted camp here. Everything we know points to that, IMO, but especially the guy parking the car within hours of her disappearance. He doesn't at all look like someone who found a nice car, ripe for the taking, just sitting with the keys in it somewhere and is going to either keep it or sell it. He looks for all the world to me like someone parking the car in amongst other parked cars and getting away from it as fast as he can.

And if J did commit suicide, wouldn't she be found somewhere near her car? If not, wouldn't her body be found somewhere near the complex?

Sadly, I don't have much hope that her body will be found. I think it's been hidden very, very well. My guess, although awful to think, is that it's in a landfill. There was so much construction going on in that area at the time, and since it hasn't been discovered in a body of water, my guess is that it went into a dumpster, which was then emptied into a landfill. Never to be seen again.

I'm firmly in the abducted camp here. Everything we know points to that, IMO, but especially the guy parking the car within hours of her disappearance. He doesn't at all look like someone who found a nice car, ripe for the taking, just sitting with the keys in it somewhere and is going to either keep it or sell it. He looks for all the world to me like someone parking the car in amongst other parked cars and getting away from it as fast as he can.

And if J did commit suicide, wouldn't she be found somewhere near her car? If not, wouldn't her body be found somewhere near the complex?

Sadly, I don't have much hope that her body will be found. I think it's been hidden very, very well. My guess, although awful to think, is that it's in a landfill. There was so much construction going on in that area at the time, and since it hasn't been discovered in a body of water, my guess is that it went into a dumpster, which was then emptied into a landfill. Never to be seen again.
I doubt she is ever found either. We won’t ever know what happened until the case is prosecuted. I highly doubt there will be a prosecution without a body. Hopefully her loved ones find some peace to live out the remainder of their lives.

I doubt she is ever found either. We won’t ever know what happened until the case is prosecuted. I highly doubt there will be a prosecution without a body. Hopefully her loved ones find some peace to live out the remainder of their lives.
IMO unless someone comes forward with information, this case will remain unsolved

Isn’t putting a body in a dumpster/skip incredibly risky ? Also when it’s emptied the chance of operatives spotting a body also ? Of course if the victim is in something secure it’s maybe more doable

Isn’t putting a body in a dumpster/skip incredibly risky ? Also when it’s emptied the chance of operatives spotting a body also ? Of course if the victim is in something secure it’s maybe more doable
Yes it is. You risk someone noticing it.

Ever since I watched The Search, I’ve felt that she is buried west of the WFTV station in downtown Orlando. It’s the way Bill Moore pointed when he said “Kesse is that way.” He definitely wasn’t pointing towards the Mosaic.

<p>Jennifer Kesse, from Orlando, Florida, disappeared in 2006</p>

Ms Kesse’s uncle, Bill Gilmour, spoke at CrimeCon, a true-crime event in the city this weekend, where he said that he hopes DNA evidence taken from the car could point police towards new leads.

He also claimed the Orlando Police Department (OPD) originally told the family that no DNA evidence had been gathered. They later learned through a lawsuit the DNA had been collected.

“After my sister and brother sued them and got the records from the OPD and had their own team comb through the records — some 15-18,000 records — it said that they collected DNA in the car, which they originally said that they did not," Mr Gilmour said.

The lawsuit also yielded images of the car which appeared to show “signs of struggle,” he said.

"We were never aware of that either. So it’s just, it’s just disheartening,” he added.

In 2022, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement cold case unit took over the case.

“After years in the hands of our private investigator who did incredible work, FDLE will now take over the investigation and will essentially start from the beginning,” Drew Kesse, Jennifer’s father

“We have never felt so hopeful and optimistic. This is Jennifer’s best chance at being found.”

Since they have dna, I doubt the perp is on the police’s radar. They would have Chino’s dna since he’s been convicted of a felony. Maybe the person can explain their presence in Jennifer’s car.

Does anyone remember looking at the photos of the processed car? They took her sunshade. I find that interesting. Of course the link is dead in the earlier thread that shows the pics.

This has always been a very high profile, frustrating case - especially with the video. I can’t imagine what Jennifer’s family has gone through.

There are now thirteen threads here on WS. It’s been way way too long. I would be surprised if the perp in JK’s case didn’t go on to commit similar crimes. This person needs to be caught

If there is dna, has anybody tried to get @othram involved? They might be able to pull off a miracle. Jennifer and her family deserve justice

Jmo

If there is dna, has anybody tried to get @othram involved? They might be able to pull off a miracle. Jennifer and her family deserve justice
Interesting thought. Many have always said it was likely an immigrant that was working on the construction site and they likely fled and would never be found. Having DNA opens the possibility for genetic genealogy which could potentially find anyone in the world. It brings hope to a case I thought may never be solved!

If I recall correctly Tricia mentions someone that does genealogy to Drew in her youtube interview. I’ll have to go back and listen to it when I have time.

The problem with genetic genealogy in this case is (presuming the offender is an immigrant worker) a lot of central american countries don't keep birth records like the US does, let alone have the volume of people submitting dna to ancestral sites.

Trying to trace down an illegal immigrants lineage, thru these methods, would be nearly impossible.

***My advise to the Kesse’s is since they won’t give you the actual physical evidence (which is understandable), request the DNA sequence. This is just codes on a piece of paper. I literally was able to use my DNA sequence that 23 & me did on another site. I just copied and pasted it into a food sensitivity website. What I’m saying is you can get the dna sequence without messing up the chain of command on the physical evidence. Hopefully the fdle has reworked the dna evidence but…

You also have to tie the dna into the crime so that may be difficult.

It’s also possible the dna has nothing to do with her case. It could be transferred there by Jennifer or someone else that was in the car innocently. Perhaps a valet driver or auto shop worker. The car existed for years before she went missing.

The dna starts at around the 22 minute mark. Its partial dna. She told him about the lab and said she would put them in touch.

It’s a good interview. Other important things I noted:
-Jennifer and Rob’s fight was over when they’d see other next
-Doesn’t think she got in car that morning
-Mentions knock again in context doesn’t think she went out unless someone knocked on her door. I actually find that interesting.
-Thinks it’s organized
-Can’t prove she was taken from Mosaic

Update yesterday from Kesse. Basically nothing new, and they’re being kept in the dark which is normal in this type of investigation. I really hope both he and Joyce takes his own advice and is able to step back and find some peace at this stage in their lives. I doubt we get anything else of substance from this case unless they find her remains. Even if they know who did it, doesn’t mean they can make an arrest. Also some words that the world needs at this point in time:

Once again the holidays are upon us and it brings a time of reflection and retrospect of our lives this past year. We wish there were positives to share concerning Jennifer’s case however, at this point in time, the investigation is out of our hands and control. We can only wish and hope that the things needing to be accomplished by law enforcement are being worked on, but at this point we’re pretty much kept on the outside by design. It’s probably best for our overall health however frustrating knowing what needs to be done. We’ve said it before - government work is slow and that is something we simply can’t control.

Today I’d like to talk to you not so much about Jennifer and her case, but rather the world we currently live in. Everywhere you look, people, families, and communities are at a breaking point. It is affecting almost every person and family in America and really the world. It is our belief that we all must look within ourselves and take personal responsibility for ourselves and love ourselves first, to do the right things in our own lives then take those beliefs and values and teach our children and families those values and that ALL people have value.

We have to realize that there are so many different kinds of people in the world who all deserve respect. It’s ok to disagree with a person, culture or way of life, that is normal and expected. It is not ok to create a hostile environment if a certain belief or value is not accepted by the norm. We have to learn to express our differences with words and deeds that educate us, not tear us apart.

Why is it that we clash with people who don’t agree with us instead of communicating with those who disagree with us on any matter. Is it not better to educate than fight? Is it not better to rationally disagree, to stop-listen-think then engage in hopes of a meeting of the minds. Currently we just go directly to physical fighting??

That only creates larger differences and the ability to listen goes away. There must be give and take from all sides. Most times there is no good guy there is no bad guy there’s just people who simply disagree. We have to learn to accept our differences peacefully, find common ground and build a better nation from ourselves up.

We ask that you look to your own self first and lead a life that helps others not destroys others. If you are in need to ask for help there are far more giving people than those who will walk away. Love is a very powerful emotion we all have within us. We must harness the love we have within ourselves first then spread that love to others. To love is easier than to hate. A smile goes so much further than a frown and communication enables us to look, listen and learn. As the Beatles once sang-“All you need is Love” it’s contagious, it’s powerful and it’s life changing. Be the solution, not the problem.

Jennifer, we love you and miss you insurmountably. There is not a day or minute that goes by that we are not thinking of you. We’re trying our best to bring you home and we won’t give up until you are with us again. We feel you within us and it’s what keeps us focused on your return and the strength to carry on. Miss you and love you.

We hope you all have a joyful holiday season. Be safe, be well, and stay well. We are humbled by all of your support for Jennifer and our family over the past 17 years.

Every time I see an article about a young woman being rescued after 15 years, I have a renewed hope that Jennifer might be found alive eventually.

What monsters. When he thought she was pregnant, he would punch in the stomach to murder her unborn child.
Why are these people still alive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member