FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes leftcoast, that's a very good point you've been bringing up for a while now. perhaps the biggest mistake made in this entire ordeal was the Mr and Mrs Kesse phoning ahead the Mosaic management and alerting them something was wrong and their daughter was missing.

Thanks enrique. At the time, I just can't blame the Kesse's. they were 3 hours away, and probably thought JK was sick or something. IN retrospect, it would have been beneficial to preserve the condo, just like it was left. obviously, that didn't happen.

Thing I don't get.

IF Jk was missing, why didn't management send someone in security to the condo?

Was there anyone in security even working that day?

Why wasn't the complex shut down, or plate numbers written down?

Wouldn't it be safer to send someone from security to JK's condo?

Where was the security guard?

left

left,

Great posts!

Everybody! Thank you for the time you put into Jen's case!

You are a very talented group of people!

Please excuse me while I make the same appeal I've been making along with thousands of other people for a ONE YEAR and 6 MONTHS....

IF YOU or Someone YOU know has any information about the kidnapping/abduction of Jennifer Kesse in Orlando, FL on January 24, 2006,
PLEASE call the family tipline at 1-407-772-2162.

~thanks

Enrique, she normally would be well on her way to work by 8am.

And the post office doesn't have overnight, not the same kind of thing as Fedex and the others have.

rd

Is the reason the suspect hasn't been arrested due to the fact authorities are months, even years behind in getting their forensic data banks up to date.

Is Nancy Grace correct in her thoughts on the Suspect here:

GRACE: To Renee Rockwell, defense attorney. I can tell you right, now whoever did this, this is not their first offense, Renee. You don`t just suddenly go and try to abduct a young girl, a grown woman, 24-year-old Jennifer Kesse, take her car and you don`t leave a trace. Oh, no! No, no, no, no! Uh-uh! This is someone who has some type of a record, and I`m not talking about just a shoplifting.

If LE has prints from the car and if the suspect has a record then it should be game over.

What are the odds this is in fact a first offence?

Is it possible this was a crime of passion carried out by someone well known to Jennifer.
Was it inspired by the 'if I can't have you then nobody can' motive.

Is the the 'suspect' just one of of two or three people involved in the abduction.

Were the others waiting just past the pool gate, in a car with engine idling, to pick the suspect who was photographed.

They call it two day, I think. It might get there overnight but they don't promise it.

I know, I've asked. I use UPS Stores, from everything to overnight to ground, but all the ones I've been to aren't open before 8 am (usually later, I think).

rd

left,

Great posts!

Everybody! Thank you for the time you put into Jen's case!

You are a very talented group of people!

Please excuse me while I make the same appeal I've been making along with thousands of other people for a ONE YEAR and 6 MONTHS....

IF YOU or Someone YOU know has any information about the kidnapping/abduction of Jennifer Kesse in Orlando, FL on January 24, 2006,
PLEASE call the family tipline at 1-407-772-2162.

~thanks

Thanks DRumstick.

I just want this case to be solved.

I think this case, like most cold cases, just needs someone with an open mind, and determination, and the ability to concentrate on this one case, until it is solved.

Given that, this is a three month case, max.

left

rd,

you're probably right about her leaving earlier than the post office opens.

however, you can definitely overnight stuff at the post office. I've overnighted from California to Nevada before and it got there the next day. She was mailing to a place in same state Florida, definitely close enough to pretty much guarantee an overnight delivery.

You know leftcoast is right...........this case should have been solved months ago.

There is a suspect.
There are photographs of a suspect.
There is evidence from the car.

Even Mr Kesse has stated he was told they have evidence from the car.

So, with photos of the suspect and evidence from the car why is the case so cold?

Were all the registered sex offenders in the area checked out? There were plenty of them at the time this crime was committed.

But they don't, Enrique.

Not that there has to be some ironclad guarantee to use it, but the Post Office isn't particularly a good choice for this for any reason.

rd

Suppose she was planning to mail the package from her workplace

that leaves three abduction scenarios...

1.she was abducted driving to work. Highly unlikely, people do get carjacked at stop signs or stop lights but it's at 3 in the morning when nobody's in sight. not on tuesday morning work day.

2.she was abducted in the parking lot of her work place. possible but also highly unlikely. abducted when surely many other people were arriving for work?

3.she was abducted in her complex parking lot or outside her condo. certainly this is a very real possibility. however why did the suspect bother driving her car?
Woman escapes from Orlando carjackers
03/2007A Rosemont woman escaped serious injury today after fleeing from two carjackers -- one who said he planned to kill her, Orlando police said. The woman, whose name was not immediately released, was returning to her house on Chesapeake Avenue when two men approached her about 11 a.m., asked whether a newer-model, maroon Dodge Ram Charger was hers, then forced her into the car at gunpoint, said spokesman Sgt. James McDonald. When the car reached West Princeton Street and North Orange Blossom Trail, the woman overheard one of the carjackers talking on his cellular telephone. He said, "She's seen my face. I'm gonna have to kill her," the woman told police, McDonald said. "She took that as her cue to get out of there," McDonald said. The woman jumped out of the car and witnesses at a nearby business called police. The woman's car was found soon afterwards at North Rio Grande Avenue and West Princeton Street. Police think that a blue Cadillac picked up the carjackers and helped them escape. She suffered abrasions and other minor injuries, McDonald said.

For the route from Ft Lauderdale, the amount of gas in her car is totally appropriate... it's about 3-3 1/2 hrs from Ft Lauderdale to Ocoee and just a little above 200 miles or so (give or take).

The quotes on that were posted pretty thoroughly a couple of pages back. One can question a request for overnighting, but one can't question that she committed to doing it.

rd

I will test the shower tomorrow, Left. It is rather humid here at the moment and in the upper 80s so that should be reminiscent of Fl weather...wouldn't it? I keep my ac on about 71 degrees.

Does anyone recall where the are photos of the exact gate that Cat took earlier? I think I am a bit confused. The 3 photos with the poi show a building and a car parked there...so exactly where is the gate located? If he walked already around the pool to the far side by downing...there is no building but there is parking. If he walked halfway around where there looks to be a gate...there is a building, but there is no parking. So I am missing something somewhere or I am very tired.

Also, I recalled there was a mention of a body found in the woods near the apts before it was turned into Mosaic in 2004. I think it was in the same post section as the people talking about the horrors of living in the same units when the break-ins with keys were happening. Has anyone been able to track down a story on that? I have found nothing dating back that far, but would be interested in knowing.

Firstly I would like to say it is good to see this thread active and vibrant, keep up the good work people.

I think it is important to keep an open mind to all possibilities in this case, rd has done some great work with the photos, I can make out the face and sunglasses but don’t make out the taser, perhaps that is my monitor however I am going to keep an open mind for now on what the poi is dressed as could be LE, security guard, chef etc.

At one time someone (I forget who it was) thought they made out the initials SPCA on the poi’s shirt and there is an SPCA centre nearby on Conroy Road.

Is this worth checking out if there is some kind of uniform that workers at SPCA wear?

CatLynette or SS maybe something you could do? (I would but London is a little far away!!!)

Cell/Mobile Phones

The mobile/cell phone pings is interesting.

About 10 years ago in the UK 3 major drug dealers in Essex were found murdered in a field in the countryside, one of the compelling pieces of evidence used at the trial of the 2 hit men and getaway driver was that all their mobile phones were pinging in the same area at the time of the murder.

They essentially traced their route using pings to see them all converge at the scene at the correct time. (they claimed they were elsewhere and were proved to be lying unless someone had stolen their phones)

Based on this as I understand it the phone is constantly ‘pinging’ so you should be able to trace when Jennifer’s’ phone stopped pinging (this is assuming she left it on)

LE should be able to get this and perhaps have it however it could be more withholding information for example if they declare that Jennifer’s phone stopped pinging at 8am then the poi knows to provide an alibi/story from 8am onwards so I can see one of the reasons for not sharing this information however it is my feeling that now this is case is cold so it would be best to put all cards on the table in any attempt to make progress.

The Dog

I know jack all about tracker dogs but as I understand it the dog tracked from the car back to mosaic, to a fence and to the stairwell of Jennifer’s condo.

If this is correct is it not a fantastic coincidence that if the dog was tracking wrong he went back to Jennifer’s complex?

He could have gone anywhere surely?
HOTG? The Mall? Timbuk two?

Mosaic

Let’s look at the facts around this complex.

Within 8 weeks of living in this new complex Jennifer goes missing.
Jennifer had expressed concern at the through traffic (workmen) at her apartment.
Jennifer thought someone was trying to break in one night (Unconfirmed)

The place has a terrible reputation for crime.

Our suspect upon dumping Jennifer’s car heads back in the direction of Mosaic and according to the tracker dog actually goes back to the mosaic complex.

The fact the car is dumped so close by again suggests someone local to the area if not why not dump the car miles away?

The majority of criminals operate in areas they know and to pick up on lefts point the car is dumped very soon after the alarm is raised and in view of CCTV.

What are the chances the perp knew the heat was on and had to get rid of the car quick?

Jennifer is abducted upon returning from a weekend away with her boyfriend, a coincidence perhaps but not in my opinion and I stress it is just my opinion I think the perp knew where she had been.

Theory

My theory based on what is mostly circumstantial evidence is that Jennifer was abducted near or in her car at mosaic by someone who knew her and had developed a crush/fixation on her but snapped when she went away with her boyfriend.

I think one of two scenarios occurred

1) Jennifer was driven or forced to drive out of mosaic to somewhere else if the taser was involved she may have been debilitated and driven, I won’t comment on what happens next but when a few hours later the perp drives towards home and dumps the car within walking distance of mosaic where he has to go as he lives/works there.
2) Jennifer is abducted leaving her apartment and taken to another apartment of a resident or an empty one and held hostage, when the poi realises the heat is on or soon will be he removes the car to HOTG to make it look like Jennifer went to work again not going far as he has to go back to Mosaic, he then removes Jennifer from Mosaic at another time, perhaps at night in his own vehicle.

Again I would like to stress these are my thoughts and theories and not FACT, I would happily have my ideas blown out of the water with the truth if it is different.

Again I have to agree with left that hard graft detective work would solve this case.

Firstly I would like to say it is good to see this thread active and vibrant, keep up the good work people.

I think it is important to keep an open mind to all possibilities in this case, rd has done some great work with the photos, I can make out the face and sunglasses but don’t make out the taser, perhaps that is my monitor however I am going to keep an open mind for now on what the poi is dressed as could be LE, security guard, chef etc.

At one time someone (I forget who it was) thought they made out the initials SPCA on the poi’s shirt and there is an SPCA centre nearby on Conroy Road.

Is this worth checking out if there is some kind of uniform that workers at SPCA wear?

CatLynette or SS maybe something you could do? (I would but London is a little far away!!!)

Cell/Mobile Phones

The mobile/cell phone pings is interesting.

About 10 years ago in the UK 3 major drug dealers in Essex were found murdered in a field in the countryside, one of the compelling pieces of evidence used at the trial of the 2 hit men and getaway driver was that all their mobile phones were pinging in the same area at the time of the murder.

They essentially traced their route using pings to see them all converge at the scene at the correct time. (they claimed they were elsewhere and were proved to be lying unless someone had stolen their phones)

Based on this as I understand it the phone is constantly ‘pinging’ so you should be able to trace when Jennifer’s’ phone stopped pinging (this is assuming she left it on)

LE should be able to get this and perhaps have it however it could be more withholding information for example if they declare that Jennifer’s phone stopped pinging at 8am then the poi knows to provide an alibi/story from 8am onwards so I can see one of the reasons for not sharing this information however it is my feeling that now this is case is cold so it would be best to put all cards on the table in any attempt to make progress.

The Dog

I know jack all about tracker dogs but as I understand it the dog tracked from the car back to mosaic, to a fence and to the stairwell of Jennifer’s condo.

If this is correct is it not a fantastic coincidence that if the dog was tracking wrong he went back to Jennifer’s complex?

He could have gone anywhere surely?
HOTG? The Mall? Timbuk two?

Mosaic

Let’s look at the facts around this complex.

Within 8 weeks of living in this new complex Jennifer goes missing.
Jennifer had expressed concern at the through traffic (workmen) at her apartment.
Jennifer thought someone was trying to break in one night (Unconfirmed)

The place has a terrible reputation for crime.

Our suspect upon dumping Jennifer’s car heads back in the direction of Mosaic and according to the tracker dog actually goes back to the mosaic complex.

The fact the car is dumped so close by again suggests someone local to the area if not why not dump the car miles away?

The majority of criminals operate in areas they know and to pick up on lefts point the car is dumped very soon after the alarm is raised and in view of CCTV.

What are the chances the perp knew the heat was on and had to get rid of the car quick?

Jennifer is abducted upon returning from a weekend away with her boyfriend, a coincidence perhaps but not in my opinion and I stress it is just my opinion I think the perp knew where she had been.

Theory

My theory based on what is mostly circumstantial evidence is that Jennifer was abducted near or in her car at mosaic by someone who knew her and had developed a crush/fixation on her but snapped when she went away with her boyfriend.

I think one of two scenarios occurred

1) Jennifer was driven or forced to drive out of mosaic to somewhere else if the taser was involved she may have been debilitated and driven, I won’t comment on what happens next but when a few hours later the perp drives towards home and dumps the car within walking distance of mosaic where he has to go as he lives/works there.
2) Jennifer is abducted leaving her apartment and taken to another apartment of a resident or an empty one and held hostage, when the poi realises the heat is on or soon will be he removes the car to HOTG to make it look like Jennifer went to work again not going far as he has to go back to Mosaic, he then removes Jennifer from Mosaic at another time, perhaps at night in his own vehicle.

Again I would like to stress these are my thoughts and theories and not FACT, I would happily have my ideas blown out of the water with the truth if it is different.

Again I have to agree with left that hard graft detective work would solve this case.

Nice rundown UK. Post more often.

I would say no one is going to blow any of that out of the water, UK. It really comes down to that versus a random carjacking were she to have gone off her normal route to work to send a package.

In either case there is not a known stalker who contacted her to where she ever mentioned to anyone close to her, and she talked to family and friends multiple times daily.

But no one is going to be able to blow that out of the water, that's for sure.

rd

Was the video viewed prior to the noon time siting to see if the suspect drove in, but had to drive out becauseof activity?

Woman escapes from Orlando carjackers
03/2007A Rosemont woman escaped serious injury today after fleeing from two carjackers -- one who said he planned to kill her, Orlando police said. The woman, whose name was not immediately released, was returning to her house on Chesapeake Avenue when two men approached her about 11 a.m., asked whether a newer-model, maroon Dodge Ram Charger was hers, then forced her into the car at gunpoint, said spokesman Sgt. James McDonald. When the car reached West Princeton Street and North Orange Blossom Trail, the woman overheard one of the carjackers talking on his cellular telephone. He said, "She's seen my face. I'm gonna have to kill her," the woman told police, McDonald said. "She took that as her cue to get out of there," McDonald said. The woman jumped out of the car and witnesses at a nearby business called police. The woman's car was found soon afterwards at North Rio Grande Avenue and West Princeton Street. Police think that a blue Cadillac picked up the carjackers and helped them escape. She suffered abrasions and other minor injuries, McDonald said.

That is pretty darn scary. Jennifer could have left her condo and then stopped at a stop sign and someone could have jumped into her car with a gun. There are so many ways that she could have disappeared and maybe not out of the parking lot of her complex. If she stopped at the post office or a mail box place someone could have been hanging around. Of course whoever would have had to know where she lived in order to park her car that close to her condo and then take the back way back to her place.

It seems to all go back to the parking lot at the condo. I still think it was a worker there who had had his eye on her for awhile. Maybe one of the workers that she told her folks made her feel umcomfortable. Someone who decided to grab her after she had been gone for a week or two. It had to be someone working there or who lives there. If he lives there or had a girlfriend there he could have parked the car and then went to the complex through the back and then walked on to his condo or that of his girlfriend without anyone thinking a thing. Same if he was working there. He could have had a good story made up if one of the workers noticed him returning. Could have said he was working in one of the condo's and another worker wouldn't check up on him or the condo he said he had been working in.

Good ideas bobbisangel.

Here is a straight forward question. The answer will go a long way toward solving this case.

Where is Jennifer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member