GUILTY FL - Joleen Cummings, 34, Nassau Co, 12 May 2018 *ARREST*

Interesting. Thanks for your insight, but this surprises me. I have stopped over in Dublin several times while traveling the last few years and I have noticed a few panhandlers and people who looked homeless there over the years. I don't think there is anywhere that doesn't have homeless people. That said, the hotels in Dublin are nice and clean and there is upscale shopping nearby, which is why I use it as a regular stop. I have never had a problem or felt unsafe staying in Dublin. Please thank your brother for his service. Since Dublin is basically an outer subburb of Columbus, perhaps Kessler was using a shelter program in nearby Columbus but got arrested in Dublin? Since Dublin is an upscale area, I could see it being common for homeless to mainly stay in Columbus but go to Dublin specifically to panhandle or go to a food pantry there.

ETA: city of Dublin apparently has noticed an increase in panhandler as they have a recent message about it: Dublin, Ohio, USA » Panhandling in Dublin – What is it and what can we do about it?

Thank you for your kind words! It’s been 15 years since I lived there. I visit often, but places do change for sure. I also didn’t mean to paint Dublin with a broad brush; homelessness is a problem everywhere. It just surprised me to see that town listed amongst the others. I also didn’t know Dublin had recent issues with panhandling. And I think you’re right about people coming up from Columbus to Dublin to panhandle. That makes sense since I’m sure Dublin may be a bit more lucrative than in the city. That was my first post on WS, so I guess I had first timers anxiety.

I sent a MSM link and a summary to my FB friends, many of whom stayed in Dublin after graduation (I graduated in ‘89). Who knows if someone ran into her at some point (my brother included, who also sends his thanks).

I also see your posts and efforts in many of the other MP threads. Thank you so much for that. Your hard work doesn’t go unnoticed!

Thank you for your kind words! It’s been 15 years since I lived there. I visit often, but places do change for sure. I also didn’t mean to paint Dublin with a broad brush; homelessness is a problem everywhere. It just surprised me to see that town listed amongst the others. I also didn’t know Dublin had recent issues with panhandling. And I think you’re right about people coming up from Columbus to Dublin to panhandle. That makes sense since I’m sure Dublin may be a bit more lucrative than in the city. That was my first post on WS, so I guess I had first timers anxiety.

I sent a MSM link and a summary to my FB friends, many of whom stayed in Dublin after graduation (I graduated in ‘89). Who knows if someone ran into her at some point (my brother included, who also sends his thanks).

I also see your posts and efforts in many of the other MP threads. Thank you so much for that. Your hard work doesn’t go unnoticed!

Oh, sorry I didn't notice it was your first post. I should have said: Welcome to Websleuths! Hope you will continue to post. I totally understand the jolt of seeing someplace you know well and have lived. She is listed as having been in several places I have traveled (for work or vacation) over the years. It's scary to think we could have cross paths with a SK and never known it, isn't it?

And thank you for your kind words. :)

To add another thought on Dublin, I just found that Dublin has a nice large food Pantry: Need Food? - Dublin Food Pantry

It requires clients to have a Dublin address and ID, however. So perhaps she was able to get a false ID or steal someone's ID who had a Dublin address in order to use this program?
(It's just a theory of course. She may not have liked staying in homeless shelters and may have lived out of her car or stayed in illegal rentals paying cash while she moved around the country.)

I always love new theories. This is quite possible. Especially since we have someone who has seemingly gamed the system for so long. I looked at the links for the public records searches, but none of them had an Ohio address. One thing I did notice from those PR searches is that there were quite a few apartments listed. Dublin certainly has a few of those. I also haven’t been able to determine which alias she used while in Ohio.

Oh, sorry I didn't notice it was your first post. I should have said: Welcome to Websleuths! Hope you will continue to post. I totally understand the jolt of seeing someplace you know well and have lived. She is listed as having been in several places I have traveled (for work or vacation) over the years. It's scary to think we could have cross paths with a SK and never known it, isn't it?

And thank you for your kind words. :)

Anytime! Thank you for yours as well. It is very strange when you have first hand knowledge of an area that a potential serial killer operated in. Just gets me that my brother may of had her in the back of his scout car at one point. (Probably not, but you never know).

Anytime! Thank you for yours as well. It is very strange when you have first hand knowledge of an area that a potential serial killer operated in. Just gets me that my brother may of had her in the back of his scout car at one point. (Probably not, but you never know).

:eek: well, you never know! If you find out your brother arrested her, please have him come here and become a verified insider. :D (Although, he probably would not be able to tell us much legally, it would be SO interesting to have LE observations on her demeanor, attitude, habits, etc.)

might be a chance to find Sybert's/Kessler's name/aliases too, I think. (I stumbled about one of her names as mentioned in MSN).
-.-.-
Where do you stay (save re LE) if you are living out of a car for some time? Yes: storage unit - and where else perhaps? Some brainstorming ...? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This all makes me wonder how many more other missing persons out there she may have had something to do with. I have not had time to check yet, (getting ready for work) but I wonder if any of those aliases are in fact other missing persons actual names, or even maybe combinations of last and first names she just mixed around.

my sis in law does my hair and often times, stylists work much later than the salon closing. my sis in law owns her salon, so she turns the closed sign on and locks the door. but she stays up to even an hour to finish and then has to clean up hair clippings and wipe everything down, sanitize her tools and put all the towels in the service bin.

it was quote somewhere that Joleen often stayed late. I think maybe this Kessler person was lurking around outside then somehow came in and did something to her a little later, then waited til it was quiet, cleaned up, moved her to her vehicle and dumped her somewhere, then dumped the car. I believe there is blood evidence in the car and that is why LE says they believe she is deceased. she prob cleaned up in the salon but evidence has been found in there.

According to the arrest warrant affidavits and arrest and booking sheet documents - someone earlier posted how to get to them - Kimberly had taken a taxi after she dropped Joleen's vehicle at the Home Depot. She had walked to a gas station and was picked up by the taxi and the taxi took her back to Tangles.

I take that to mean that Kimberly's vehicle was still there. So this leads me to believe that Joleen was likely killed in Tangles after closing. Both of them were likely the only ones there. And this leads me to believe that Joleen's remains were transported in Joleen's vehicle to wherever she is. Hopefully Joleen's vehicle will have information on the computer in it that will narrow down where that is.

Tangles closes at 6pm so there that left at most 7 hours and 15 minutes to kill and dispose of Joleen. I can't imagine that Joleen was alive beyond 6:30pm and probably not beyond 6:15pm. That still leaves quite a bit of time. It would have been daylight for quite a bit of time and even in the night there would be people out and about in that shopping strip and the parking lot would be lighted. It wouldn't be easy to move a body without being seen until much later in the night. If there is a bar in that shopping strip (there was one and two food places there 3 years ago per looking through Google Street View) there could be people around at any time during this crime.

It also wouldn't be easy for Kimberly to move Joleen around since Joleen was said to weigh 160 pounds. The worst case scenario is that Joleen was dismembered and her remains are in various places.

I should add the link to Google in Street View for the shopping strip center. The Google car drove through the parking lot so there are good images of what was there back in May of 2015 and the layout.

Google Maps

Yes it does makes a difference when it comes to the model years of vehicles. It is less likely that a computer is on-board that saves/logs GPS information like more modern cars do. That said, any vehicle that offered OnStar or similar services has a GPS unit and cellular radio capability and a computer to control it and process information from it, including saving location information. This is regardless of whether or not the buyer chooses to subscribe to the service or not. If that was not something offered for her vehicle's model year then there won't be anything to work with.

im wondering if Kessler had a phone or if Joleen's was recovered

I am hoping that they come out with the info as to how Kessler and Gee are both involved in this. I know I read earlier in the thread that they were linked, but did not say what the relationship was. I am sure Kessler was thinking that Gee was going to be the only one taken down for this when they were looking at him so hard. Glad she is going to be held responsible, as well.

wait, Gee is still a suspect?

Gah, she has an old child abuse charge and DUI?

If you look her up in the Nassau county clerk system using the last name "Jensen" you can see the charges. I believe the child abuse charge is due to the DUI (meaning she had her kids in the car at the time). I am not positive though.

There is also a domestic violence court case from April 2017 (under her last name "Cummings") that appears to have been closed and reopened multiple times in the past year. I am not familiar with the FL court system or the FL court system website so maybe it is typical? Idk.

my sis in law does my hair and often times, stylists work much later than the salon closing. my sis in law owns her salon, so she turns the closed sign on and locks the door. but she stays up to even an hour to finish and then has to clean up hair clippings and wipe everything down, sanitize her tools and put all the towels in the service bin.

it was quote somewhere that Joleen often stayed late. I think maybe this Kessler person was lurking around outside then somehow came in and did something to her a little later, then waited til it was quiet, cleaned up, moved her to her vehicle and dumped her somewhere, then dumped the car. I believe there is blood evidence in the car and that is why LE says they believe she is deceased. she prob cleaned up in the salon but evidence has been found in there.
Kessler was working with Joleen at Tangles the Saturday Joleen goes missing. That is why detectives were looking to talk with her on the Monday after only to find out that Kessler had called off work and when the detectives went to the address the owner gave them for Kessler they learned it was even a real address.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back