GUILTY FL - Joleen Cummings, 34, Nassau Co, 12 May 2018 *ARREST*

Don't know what that is or the charge. That says Nassau County however a search of the Nassau County Florida court site only shows two cases under Joleen's name: Her divorce, which was still in progress, and a Domestic Violence petition she filed against her husband that was also still in progress.

I believe these were dropped.

One thing I do know, MN is very good about fingerprinting and DNA collection of convicted persons. They even do facial recognition mugshots and some counties even do the retinal scanning now. I cannot speak for any other state.
Once they run her prints in FL any other arrests should show up in the states she had been in, if she was arrested and fingerprinting was done in those states. Which, is where they came up with all of those aka's I am guessing. All arrests in other states under those names.
But, everyone should be looking at unsolved cases and her whereabouts during that time. I am not convinced she is a serial killer. She was dumb enough to park the car where there are cameras. Serial criminal...yes...IMO.
Maybe, finally a cocky serial killer. Maybe she has gotten away with it a lot, and felt invincible.

Don't know what that is or the charge. That says Nassau County however a search of the Nassau County Florida court site only shows two cases under Joleen's name: Her divorce, which was still in progress, and a Domestic Violence petition she filed against her husband that was also still in progress.

She also went by another last name, I can’t recall off the top of my head but I want to say Jensen.

JOLEEN CUMMINGS: Pa. woman missing 14 years is suspect in recent disappearance of woman

>> snip

Kessler lived in Butler County 14 years ago when she was reported missing.

Channel 11 knocked on several doors in Pittsburgh and in Butler.

We eventually tracked down the man who bought Kessler's childhood home from her.

"She got accused of stealing from some of the jobs she was at. She lost her job quickly," Glenn Schaffer said.

We also tracked down a couple who had known Kessler as a child. They said Kessler had been a nice kid, but showed her violent streak when she got mad at her brother.

"She wanted to kill him with a bat and I told her, 'Kimberly, you can't do that,'" Maria Mills said.

Leah Hickman in WV came to mind a dozen times before I could finish the thread. Astounding info in this case. OH of course is a hop skip and a jump to that apt complex where she was stuffed in a wall of the laundry room. No motive or suspect case is cold.

One thing I notice all the cities she has lived in seem to have in common is a large homeless population and multiple shelters/programs for the homeless. I wonder if she took advantage of any of these shelters using alias names. Perhaps we can find pictures of her on shelter blogs or news stories? One shelter I know about from another case is Hayward St in Asheville, NC-- one of the cities she lived in: Learn More Home | Haywood Street Church Asheville

(OT: GigTu found a picture of a homeless man named Rusty on the Hayward St Blog and we believe him to be the missing man Rusty Holderman. Rusty's thread: FEATURED - Help Find Marvin "Rusty" Holderman/ Police Reached out to Websleuths )

Followed this case early on and just checked back in for an update. I was shocked to see my hometown (Dublin, OH) on KK’s list of places she’s lived. My brother was also a police officer there for 15 years. I like your theory about the homeless shelters. However, Dublin, OH doesn’t have a homeless population. In fact, far from it. Very upscale small city. Wendy’s is headquartered there and The PGA Memorial Tournament is held there. I’m very interested to find out about her history in this town. When you look at her list of places as a whole, the Dublin, OH one seems to be a one-off (i.e. an outlier). Dublin just doesn’t strike me as a place she would have landed.

Whoa. We have been thinking it but they are actually saying it now (that she could be a SK).
I had not seen that mugshot yet from Virginia Beach:
kessler-1999_1528218046877_11883748_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Kesler (left) and as Christina Brook in 1999 mugshot

Followed this case early on and just checked back in for an update. I was shocked to see my hometown (Dublin, OH) on KK’s list of places she’s lived. My brother was also a police officer there for 15 years. I like your theory about the homeless shelters. However, Dublin, OH doesn’t have a homeless population. In fact, far from it. Very upscale small city. Wendy’s is headquartered there and The PGA Memorial Tournament is held there. I’m very interested to find out about her history in this town. When you look at her list of places as a whole, the Dublin, OH one seems to be a one-off (i.e. an outlier). Dublin just doesn’t strike me as a place she would have landed.

Interesting. Thanks for your insight, but this surprises me. I have stopped over in Dublin several times while traveling the last few years and I have noticed a few panhandlers and people who looked homeless there over the years. I don't think there is anywhere that doesn't have homeless people. That said, the hotels in Dublin are nice and clean and there is upscale shopping nearby, which is why I use it as a regular stop. I have never had a problem or felt unsafe staying in Dublin. Please thank your brother for his service. Since Dublin is basically an outer subburb of Columbus, perhaps Kessler was using a shelter program in nearby Columbus but got arrested in Dublin? Since Dublin is an upscale area, I could see it being common for homeless to mainly stay in Columbus but go to Dublin specifically to panhandle or go to a food pantry there.

ETA: city of Dublin apparently has noticed an increase in panhandler as they have a recent message about it: Dublin, Ohio, USA » Panhandling in Dublin – What is it and what can we do about it?

Interesting. Thanks for your insight, but this surprises me. I have stopped over in Dublin several times while traveling the last few years and I have noticed a few panhandlers and people who looked homeless there over the years. I don't think there is anywhere that doesn't have homeless people. That said, the hotels in Dublin are nice and clean and there is upscale shopping nearby, which is why I use it as a regular stop. I have never had a problem or felt unsafe staying in Dublin. Please thank your brother for his service. Since Dublin is basically an outer subburb of Columbus, perhaps Kessler was using a shelter program in nearby Columbus but got arrested in Dublin? Since Dublin is an upscale area, I could see it being common for homeless to mainly stay in Columbus but go to Dublin specifically to panhandle or go to a food pantry there.

ETA: city of Dublin apparently has noticed an increase in panhandler as they have a recent message about it: Dublin, Ohio, USA » Panhandling in Dublin – What is it and what can we do about it?

To add another thought on Dublin, I just found that Dublin has a nice large food Pantry: Need Food? - Dublin Food Pantry

It requires clients to have a Dublin address and ID, however. So perhaps she was able to get a false ID or steal someone's ID who had a Dublin address in order to use this program?
(It's just a theory of course. She may not have liked staying in homeless shelters and may have lived out of her car or stayed in illegal rentals paying cash while she moved around the country.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back