GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
these days i engage no onein...not even a honk...you simply do not know what will trigger someone off...what that person may be on in terms of drugs or other and whether they have a gun. I have taught my daughter the same

This is exactly how our adult child (who lives in Florida) handles day to day life.
Sad, but much safer than assuming everyone has right to expect equal rights and equal treatment there.

Please forgive me, I am not trying to start any rumors, I am trying to understand. MD said he heard a pop, and if he was fired at there would have been residue on someone's hands. And the cop he would have been right there when the call was dispatched.

To me, it's just as race mongering as someone playing the race card when things don't go their way. And I really don't think those protesters are playing the race card. I've had it.

I hope that all people would be supporting the right decision from this jury regardless of race. I'm hoping to see guilty on the first charge.

This is exactly how our adult child (who lives in Florida) handles day to day life.
Sad, but much safer than assuming everyone has right to expect equal rights and equal treatment there.

I agree. There are those who've made it clear they have a right to be intolerant and hateful towards others. How dare they infringe on their right to infringe on the rights of others.

And around and around we go.

I am one who does believe that race was a factor to Michael Dunn's decision to go totally berserk and start shooting.

I agree that there is no age or race requirement for stupidity...it comes in all colors. The makeup of the jury is what it is and I do think that age and race will totally influence how you think about things. Here to hoping that this jury does what is right.

I absolutely believe race played a huge factor in Dunn's mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just read a few comments on the last thread from people who said they too are uncomfortable around black teens because crime stats show they do commit the most crimes. I won't quote them & call them out, but if you are one who posted that, pease think more deeply about what you posted.

The fact that the majority of violent crimes are committed by African-Americans, does not allow one to logically conclude that most African-Americans are criminals. Nor do the FBI statistics actually show that the majority of violent crimes are committed by African-Americans, the statistics show that they are arrested and convicted the most. The statistics are blind to how the criminal justice system treats black defendants differently than it does whites.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 1m
Our partner @ActionNewsJax has video of every testimony in #DunnTrial , catch up while on verdict watch: http://bitly.com/11ABc0u #MichaelDunn

Why the heck can't the Black Panthers stay out of this. They are inciting violence, IMO.

The picture today looks about the same as the picture from yesterday: three guys. Maybe one more today. The rest of the folks appear to be media. This is a perfect example of the media hyping that scary black folks are inciting violence or preventing black people from voting. Blech. What incites violence, IMHO, are stupid laws like SYG.

These are brought over from the previous thread;

Self defense against each person in each count? Yes
Or, justified against one = justifies against all? No

It is unbelievably stupid they even posed that question. That's common sense. If a guy pulls a gun on you, you can't shoot innocent people while trying to shoot them.:banghead:

This is just awful - giving someone a pass to kill because they don't like loud music - I'm crying

I can't cry. I'm enraged. Right now I'm extremely glad I never had children. I'd be a wreck leaving someone in this world for the future.

Dunn testified that he only saw 4 inches of what he thought was a shotgun barrel.

I'm not sure how he determined there was a shotgun if he only saw 4 inches of "something." If the alleged shotgun was pointed at him, he would have seen more than 4 inches of a barrel.

By the time he retrieved his gun from the glove box, the alleged shotgun wasn't being displayed so there was no threat. I don't understand how Dunn was in fear of death or great bodily harm from his description of the events.

I hope the jury see's it the way I do.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/michael-dunn-jury/story?id=22495493

That's a great post and I'd be willing to bet diamonds to donuts that someone on the jury has pointed that out. To me, that is foolproof logic. Unfortunately, someone or someone's on the jury can't understand that line of thinking. JMO

This confused jury is making me queasy. Clearly, they don't understand the charges. I wish the judge would sit them all down and explain the charges and what they mean.

He probably couldn't do that without crafting the language with both the prosecutor and defense attorney. They wouldn't be done til June. JMO

I'm just sick... If the jury lets him off....

basically, anyone, anywhere, can shoot anyone and just say "I thought I saw a gun," and not face justice.

"Officer, I killed my spouse (who is about to leave me for someone else) because I thought I saw a gun."

"Officer, I killed my husband (who just took out a million dollar life insurance policy) because I thought I saw a gun."

"Officer, I killed my mistress (who is pregnant and threatening to tell my wife) because I thought I saw a gun."

UGH! I may never stop throwing up.

Let's hope this jury doesn't go there.

I have a feeling that there is a juror or jurors with an agenda or severe stupidity.

I think a conversation like this is taking place;

A juror - "Let's see, he lied about calling the police, he lied about telling his girlfriend about his seeing a gun, he lied about being afraid they'd come back to the hotel for him, there's an independent witness who heard him scream 'YOU'RE NOT GOING TO SPEAK TO ME LIKE THAT' Just before shooting, he said he saw a long gun but one was never found, no witness, other than MD saw one, so why do you think he's not guilty?"

A different juror - "Well I don't think that people should have to actually see something if they're afraid of being killed. God forbid somebody dies because they were waiting to see the weapon before acting in self defense."

JMO

Oh, trust me. People like MD already have the magic phrase on the tip of their tongues: "I was in fear for my life. I was in fear for my life." They know that's all they have to claim initially and then can fabricate the details later because there's a good chance that someone will identify with such a fear, irregardless of whether or not it is a reasonable fear. I'm just surprised in this case that anyone could fall hook, line and sinker for this ridiculous defense.

:goodpost:

:waiting:

I'm beginning to think there will be no verdict today. :sigh:

Perhaps :bigfight: in the jury room. :giggle:

At least we already know they will be deliberating tomorrow if it's needed.

Kids aren't ready for me to pick them up yet so I'm lingering. Does anyone know if foreperson is male or female?

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 1m
Another day we haven't received official word on whether jurors broke for lunch or worked through. 4 1/2 hrs since day began #DunnTrial

It's 6.30pm in the evening here in the UK and I've just got back in from shopping.

Haven't even unpacked my groceries yet, let alone started cooking dinner ... and I'm straight onto my computer to see if a verdict is in. You can see where my priorities lie. :crazy:

Cannot understand what is taking them so long? As so many have already said, I thought this was a slam dunk.

Of the 10 shots that Dunn fired, three struck Davis and nine tore through the vehicle. His friends were unharmed and initially began to drive away before realizing their friend was dead. Dozens of witnesses gave accounts to police, including an officer already nearby at the time performing a DUI arrest. Dunn fled the scene, but witnesses took down his license plate number and he was arrested the next day.

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/jordan-davis-trial-next-to-test-stand-your-ground-law

bringing forward the police reports. Page 16 gives an account of the officer who was nearby reporting the gunshots.

"On 11/23/2012 at 19:35, I heard a report of shots fired at 8251 Southside Blvd., (Gates Gas Station), from officer B.A. Fortuno, ID#63163, who was across the street from the Gates Station on a call.

While enroute, Officer Fortuno state a red sport utility vehicle possibly a Durango was leaving the Gate Station parking lot."

Officer Fortuno's account is located on page 17 at the link http://www.actionnewsjax.com/media/...-a53d-42910c38cd50/jso_reports_interviews.pdf

Just wanted to bring these links forward since the officer nearby at time of shooting is being discussed.

These are brought over from the previous thread;

It is unbelievably stupid they even posed that question. That's common sense. If a guy pulls a gun on you, you can't shoot innocent people while trying to shoot them.:banghead:

I can't cry. I'm enraged. Right now I'm extremely glad I never had children. I'd be a wreck leaving someone in this world for the future.

That's a great post and I'd be willing to bet diamonds to donuts that someone on the jury has pointed that out. To me, that is foolproof logic. Unfortunately, someone or someone's on the jury can't understand that line of thinking. JMO

He probably couldn't do that without crafting the language with both the prosecutor and defense attorney. They wouldn't be done til June. JMO

I have a feeling that there is a juror or jurors with an agenda or severe stupidity.

I think a conversation like this is taking place;

A juror - "Let's see, he lied about calling the police, he lied about telling his girlfriend about his seeing a gun, he lied about being afraid they'd come back to the hotel for him, there's an independent witness who heard him scream 'YOU'RE NOT GOING TO SPEAK TO ME LIKE THAT' Just before shooting, he said he saw a long gun but one was never found, no witness, other than MD saw one, so why do you think he's not guilty?"

A different juror - "Well I don't think that people should have to actually see something if they're afraid of being killed. God forbid somebody dies because they were waiting to see the weapon before acting in self defense."

JMO

:goodpost:

Exactly what you said!!!! I also think that there is probably one juror with the questions and literally thinks that you can kill someone just because you are afraid of being killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member