GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting the type written letter that MD wrote on black friday to his brother Matt goes step by step through the entire story. he uses the word repeatedly...says the red suv was not parked properly in their space and while he always go into stores with Rhonda..because the car is too close he let her go alone...so then how did Jordan get out? This is the letter that the jury asked for and it seems one of them may have bought it as MD laid out. I think this letter was just released ...I found it on the local jax news station.

Interesting the type written letter that MD wrote on black friday to his brother Matt goes step by step through the entire story. he uses the word repeatedly...says the red suv was not parked properly in their space and while he always go into stores with Rhonda..because the car is too close he let her go alone...so then how did Jordan get out? This is the letter that the jury asked for and it seems one of them may have bought it as MD laid out. I think this letter was just released ...I found it on the local jax news station.

The prosecution touched on that. They asked if his car had a door ding. Also, (My question) why choose that particular space then? There were others available.

wow NG guest says that jurors could have gone behind a black curtain and answered some questions without being seen but they refused. I know that is their right but as tax payers who pay for this process it seems JAX residents deserve some answers. I guess it is possible we will never hear anything. Usually by now something would have come out.

That would be nice but wouldn't the defense be all over that at the retrial? Strolla tried to chip away at the witnesses and suggested that they all had a benefit in the case. Which of course wasn't true and we learned that this witness was not offered anything.

Maybe after all is said and done he will get a deal. I feel LE would still be looking for the shooter if that young man had not provided the information.

Ouch...commentator just called Florida the "middle east of America"...

Oh, her first real kiss! Brings tears to my eyes. She is so pretty.

The prosecution touched on that. They asked if his car had a door ding. Also, (My question) why choose that particular space then? There were others available.

Even if the Durango parked too close to the line (if there were parking lines) it was MD who pulled up so close to their vehicle that he couldn't get out of his car. I suspect his recent booze intake affected his driving judgement. I also think if he had been sober, he would have collected his dog and suitcases from the hotel, and gotten the heck out of Dodge that night.

Oh, her first real kiss! Brings tears to my eyes. She is so pretty.

does she look like she hangs with thugs...i suspect the crowd he was with that night are only some of the kids he spends time with...from some of those photos he looks so far from like...

Hey all....I haven't followed the trial, but recently with the verdict it is all over the place....my question is why didn't the jurors think about the time it would take to get the gun out of wherever it was? Was the gun on his person, or was it someplace like in the glove compartment?

I would think if he was really "scared for his life," it would take the same amount of time to just run inside the store. If he was really afraid that Jordan or one of the other guys was going to open fire on him. I don't understand this. The first response for someone woudl be to get away. If, at the point when he is in the store, if Jordan or someone else had gone in after him with a gun, then he would have right under stand your ground to shoot him.

I do think the jury dropped the ball on this one big time.

JMO.

Md's daughter coming up on dr. drew....saw it...waste of time...she is clueless and of course believes her father.

When police officers discharge their weapons, they are required to file a report, and there is an investigation. I think CHL holders should also have to file a report, within two hours of the discharge of the weapon. I'm sure that would never fly in Florida, but there is no reason for Joe Blow to be held to a lesser standard than law enforcement.

Good point.

wow NG guest says that jurors could have gone behind a black curtain and answered some questions without being seen but they refused. I know that is their right but as tax payers who pay for this process it seems JAX residents deserve some answers. I guess it is possible we will never hear anything. Usually by now something would have come out.

Maybe they want to bypass the "dog and pony" show many stations have become known for.:twocents:

JMO: JAX residents know the answer, no consensus was found as to the 1st count<----that could either mean a. the prosecutor didn't make their case, b. the defense made some of their case, or c. the instructions weren't precise. Any juror holdouts would put their decision into one or more of those categories. If I was a juror, I would NOT want to put myself in a position for potential backlash, and we all know there are "extremists" out there on either side. Like it or not, the race card is there.

Another opinion........Mr. Guy should handle prosecuting DUI's and burglaries. Between this case and the Zimmerman trial, I am not impressed. :twocents: As a prosecutor, you want to convince, by every possible means, the jury that the defendant deserves the highest penalty. You fight diligently for the victims and their families. I don't see that in Mr. Guy. I don't see any passion in his calling.

Feel free to throw tomatoes and whatnot :truce:

I did not realize that pre- meditation actually could be seconds, time to reflect. Juan Martinez explained it to the jury so well in the Arias trial that I actually understood it. Murder 1 was the correct charge IMO. If they could not agree on M1, then go down the list. If there is reasonable doubt, acquit.

I cannot speculate as to where the jury got hung up as they could have been all over the place. The fact that they could not agree, to me, implies that some thought JD provoked or was in some way responsible for his own death. In truth, had JD not engaged with Dunn in a war of words, this shooting more than likely, would have never happened.

There is a lesson here. Think before you act, whether verbal or physical. This applies to people like Dunn as well kids like Jordan. I try to tell my children, who are young adults, to not engage with drivers that cut them off, drive slowly in the left lane, don't use turn signals, flip them off, tailgate them etc. Yes it is annoying, but you never know who the inconsiderate driver is or if they have a gun. Disengage.[/QUOTE]

bbm

Yes, this is advice I've been given as well.

It is very very sad, but true in this day and age where anyone next to you can pull out a gun.

My brother always told me to never exhibit any "road rage" 'cause you never know who is in that other car.

Maybe they want to bypass the "dog and pony" show many stations have become known for.:twocents:

JMO: JAX residents know the answer, no consensus was found as to the 1st count<----that could either mean a. the prosecutor didn't make their case, b. the defense made some of their case, or c. the instructions weren't precise. Any juror holdouts would put their decision into one or more of those categories. If I was a juror, I would NOT want to put myself in a position for potential backlash, and we all know there are "extremists" out there on either side. Like it or not, the race card is there.

Another opinion........Mr. Guy should handle prosecuting DUI's and burglaries. Between this case and the Zimmerman trial, I am not impressed. :twocents: As a prosecutor, you want to convince, by every possible means, the jury that the defendant deserves the highest penalty. You fight diligently for the victims and their families. I don't see that in Mr. Guy. I don't see any passion in his calling.

Feel free to throw tomatoes and whatnot :truce:

No tomatoes, LOL....but I don't think it was Mr. Guy's show. It was AC's. jmo

'cause you never know who is in that other car.[/QUOTE]

Snip and BBM to save space -

That is the saddest part of it all. You never know when some hothead will murder you over their perception of being disrespected.

Makes me wonder what would have happened if Trayvon and/or Jordan would have had a gun to defend themselves?

JMO

IMO this case doesn't constitute stand your ground...b/c MD could have run into the store and tried to first run away. If was already inside the store, with nowhere to go, cornered, and he thought he was about to be fired upon, then yes that would count.

Also, why didn't he think, since there was a "gun" in the car, that when he started firing, one of the teenagers wouldn't pick up that "gun" (gun-tripod??) and start shooting back at him, shooting him dead and killing him. Then, the whole purpose of "stand your ground" would be completely reversed b/c he would have actually been putting himself in MORE danger of being shot and killed.

This was not 1 on 1. This was 4 on 1. MD had no chance if this was really "self-defense." If he couldn't realize that, if he was not smart enough to get that, he should have never been given a handgun in the first place.

They should have a minimum level of IQ that has to be reached to give someone a gun, IMO.

It is much easier to be a "hardliner" if you are outside a jury room. If the discussion was between M1 & M2 those wanting M1 would surely have preferred M2 than a hung jury & more days spent discussing same.

The questions on self defense on day 3 indicated to me that this was seen by at least one person as the issue. Hanging onto guilty or not guilty - rather than the exact level of the guilty seems more likely than demanding M1 over M2 or even manslaughter.

After reading this great post :seeya:, imo there was definitely 1 or more jury members who bought into the self-defense and this is why they were hung. :slapfight:

I don't think the issue was whether to decide on M1 or M2.

True. But the OP was about being concerned about places with very limited gun control and the incidence of violent crime and the post she was responding to specifically referenced Scottsdale. So the point was -- lots of guns/no crime, rather than lots of money/no crime.

I agree that gun violence has little to do with the guns themselves. Scottsdale being just one good example.

jmo

Where there are wealthy people and guns, fancy drugs (cocaine, heroin) will follow. :moo:

If I was on they jury - I wouldn't say a word. Every juror has the right to remain silent - and they deserve that right. They would be subject to all sorts of attacks regardless as to what they might say in this situation.

Jurors are paid a pittance - unless their employers pay them - they did not volunteer for this trial - they deserve the privacy they are given.

Also, why didn't he think, since there was a "gun" in the car, that when he started firing, one of the teenagers wouldn't pick up that "gun" (gun-tripod??) and start shooting back at him, shooting him dead and killing him. Then, the whole purpose of "stand your ground" would be completely reversed b/c he would have actually been putting himself in MORE danger of being shot and killed.....

think about this for a minute. do you think a jury that couldn't reach a verdict when no gun was ever found, if those kids had shot back, do you think the jury would believe those black kids were shooting back in self defense?

seriously. would anyone have believed that he shot first and they were shooting back unless there was a clear video showing it.

remember. even unarmed black teens in florida are guilty. i can't imagine how they'd treat a black youth that tried to defend themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993