FL FL - Kelley Brannon, 36, left after argument w/ boyfriend, Live Oak, 15 Jul 2020

Posted 11/29/20

Missing Kelley Brannon
Chris Brannon, Kelley's mom, wants to say THANK YOU! As many of you know, Chris doesn't have Internet access in her home, but said it was important for you to hear this truth from her.
She sees you. Your actions matter. She wants all of you to know she is profoundly grateful for your continuous, generous, and spirited commitment to finding her daughter, and shared that knowing there are SO many people passionately dedicated to bringing Kelley home has helped her through even the hardest moments.
2764.png

So know this: what you are doing makes a tangible difference. When we act from a place of love and come together as a community, we set the stage for incredible things to happen. And they WILL. We're going to find her.

Missing Kelley Brannon
It’s been five months without you now.
You sent out your last newsletter on the 4th of July. As always, you told the truth, the whole truth, a force like no other. You ended with a P.S. and a P.P.S. and a P.P.P.S. You still have more to say. Your voice carries on. We’ll make sure of it. We'll always remember. We're not the kind of people who forget.
2764.png

(These images are stills from Kelley’s "Empty Chair" [jazz song video, 2016]. The text is the last sentence of her July 4th email.)
131890016_185552856582884_8796815140425440721_o.jpg

Kelley Brannon, 36, was last known to be at the Sunshine Inn Hotel in Live Oak, Florida on the evening of July 14, 2020 and into the early morning hours of July 15. Kelley and her boyfriend, Eddie Emerson, had been traveling from Gainesville, Florida to Detroit, Michigan in separate vehicles when Eddie’s truck broke down on July 9. They got a hotel room while awaiting car repair. After an ongoing argument, Kelley left the hotel room but continued to text her boyfriend. Just before 1 a.m. on July 15, she left a voicemail for her boyfriend stating she was “getting in a car.” Her purse with money and ID were left behind in her own car at the hotel, but her phone and guitar were missing. Captain Jason Rountree with the Live Oak Police told Dateline that several people have been interviewed on multiple occasions, including locals who came into contact with the couple during their time in Suwannee County, the hotel guests, and Kelley’s boyfriend, Eddie, who remains a person of interest because of their relationship. Kelley is 5’5” tall, weighs approximately 130 pounds and has blue eyes and black hair that is graying. She has a circle A tattoo on her right hand near her thumb. She was last seen wearing a white shirt and black shorts, carrying her guitar. If you have any information about the whereabouts of Kelley Brannon, please call the Live Oak Police Department Criminal Investigations Division at 386-364-7463 or call the Suwannee County Sheriff’s Office Dispatch at 386-362-2222. You can remain anonymous by contacting Suwannee County Crime Stoppers 386-208-8477(TIPS).
Seven years of Dateline's Missing in America: 156 still missing

My sister and Kelly grew up together and went through school, all the way through high school together. Kelly didn't always have the easiest life. I live in the same area as her mother does. Sadly I don't think Kelly is with us any longer as she wouldn't go this long without contact with her mother or childhood friends who she has previously contacted when she's been down and out. Hope I'm wrong!

I agree. It seems, I'm gathering through the Find Kelley FB, that her friends aren't communicating with him anymore either.
I think it's more likely that he PASSED OUT, not exactly "fell asleep." Neither was really sober and I'm sure that any missed calls or not getting up to check on her was due to the amount of substances in his system.

Having a heated discussion/fight with your partner, who is right there outside of the motel, and then him suddenly falling asleep is the main reason why I think people don't buy this story.

I think PASSED OUT is closer to the truth than fell asleep!
Just the adrenaline alone would keep you up for at least a couple of hours.

I'm posting this article on Kelley's thread due to Blakley, GA's approximate 1 hour driving distance west of Camilla, GA. Obviously these remains may not be Kelley's, but if the eyewitness' account of her being in Camilla is accurate, it isn't a stretch to think she might have made it to Blakley. MOO

Suspected human remains found in Blakely | WRBL
Resized_2-3.jpg

SBM
  • 100 Block of Fort Gaines Street
  • One body bag was removed
  • appeared to be bones
#

Google Maps - I believe this map shows the location where the remains were found (based on the photo above which was embedded in the article) and its distance from Camilla, GA.

There was also an apparent but unconfirmed sighting of her in Camilla, GA. A man says that he is 100% sure he saw her sometime in late July at Suzie Q's convenience store sitting inside on a chair, and then standing outside near the entrance. For some reason, LE couldn't get the right video to confirm whether it was her or not, which is quite frustrating.

Last edited:
I'm posting this article on Kelley's thread due to Blakley, GA's approximate 1 hour driving distance west of Camilla, GA. Obviously these remains may not be Kelley's, but if the eyewitness' account of her being in Camilla is accurate, it isn't a stretch to think she might have made it to Blakley. MOO

Suspected human remains found in Blakely | WRBL
Resized_2-3.jpg

SBM
  • 100 Block of Fort Gaines Street
  • One body bag was removed
  • appeared to be bones
#

Google Maps - I believe this map shows the location where the remains were found (based on the photo above which was embedded in the article) and its distance from Camilla, GA.
Interesting that the remains were found so close to a home.

Interesting that the remains were found so close to a home.
I thought that too. I can't imagine how no one smelled anything during the decomp process. :confused:Maybe the house is a rental and was vacant for a while? Even the houses across the street seem close enough to catch a whiff once and again, depending on the wind.

I thought that too. I can't imagine how no one smelled anything during the decomp process. :confused:Maybe the house is a rental and was vacant for a while? Even the houses across the street seem close enough to catch a whiff once and again, depending on the wind.

I think the houses are too far apart. How many times do you read about elderly being found deceased in apartments, before being discovered months afterwards. And those are in dense urban settings.

GBI: 2 charged with murder after human remains found in backyard

EARLY COUNTY, Ga. -- Georgia Bureau of Investigation agents have arrested two suspects after human remains were found in the backyard of a home in Blakely in March.

According to the GBI, 20-year-old Molly Nicole Morman and 50-year-old Billy Joe Morman, Jr. are charged with felony murder, aggravated assault, and concealing a death.

Molly Morman was booked at the Early County Jail, while Billy Morman, Jr. is in custody at the Troup County Jail for unrelated charges.

The Early County Sheriff's Office had asked the GBI to help investigate on March 9 after deputies found the remains behind the residence at 84 Ft. Gaines St. in Blakely.

The remains were taken to the GBI's Crime Lab in Decatur. A positive ID of them is pending.

Might not be Kelley but I thought I should post it just in case.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici
Back