Found Deceased FL - Kristina French, 53, Neptune Beach, 21 Nov 2017 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So no charges for anyone who enabled him access to the firearms?
I don't recall seeing confirmation that anyone enabled him. Considering that he is charged with murder, without a co-defendant, we can assume that he is charged to have acted on his own accord and is being held accountable for his actions.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

I don't recall seeing confirmation that anyone enabled him. Considering that he is charged with murder, without a co-defendant, we can assume that he is charged to have acted on his own accord and is being held accountable for his actions.

Thanks for that info, I was aware of that. I am confused on why the father isnt charged if he didnt store his firearms securely enough that someone who shouldnt have access to them was able to take them with ease. The lack of accountability held against the gun owner who's incompetence gave way to this murder is pretty depressing.

I guess he'll just live his life with that weighing on his shoulders.

Thanks for that info, I was aware of that. I am confused on why the father isnt charged if he didnt store his firearms securely enough that someone who shouldnt have access to them was able to take them with ease. The lack of accountability held against the gun owner who's incompetence gave way to this murder is pretty depressing.

I guess he'll just live his life with that weighing on his shoulders.
I don't recall any confirmation from LE that this situation existed. But again, his son, charged as an adult, shouldn't require a gun to be locked up, if the situation did exist.

I don't recall any confirmation from LE that this situation existed. But again, his son, charged as an adult, shouldn't require a gun to be locked up, if the situation did exist.

ok, I'll move on, but I disagree with your inference that a gun owner should not care about who has access to their weapons and that if something tragic happens due to it no liability or consequences should be held against owner.

The father's guns were secured in a gun safe.

Mott and his grandmother Kristina French, 53, were reported missing on Nov. 21 when they didn't pick up his father and the father's girlfriend after the couple arrived back to the Jacksonville area from a vacation. The two took an Uber back to their Neptune Beach home to find it ransacked with the door open and guns missing from a gun safe, and called police, WJAX reported.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/prosecutor-confirms-gruesome-cause-of-death-for-fla-teens-grandmother/

bbm

moo

ok, I'll move on, but I disagree with your inference that a gun owner should not care about who has access to their weapons and that if something tragic happens due to it no liability or consequences should be held against owner.
Didn't say that at all. I stated what we know about this case...Didn't state my personal opinion on gun safety.

If Gun owners were held more accountable maybe there would be less shootings, like in literally every other country in the world.

This kid is sick and its such a depressing situation. Justice cannot truly be served here, RIP Kristina

But the father's guns were stolen from him. Would you be liable if someone hotwired and stole your car and purposely killed someone? What if a person lived in an area with a lot of coyotes and kept a rifle in their home in case coyotes attacked their animals? If someone stole their rifle and used it in a murder would they be liable?
I think you may be wishing for stricter gun laws (and I'm with you on that) but I don't think you can blame the father for not having a strong enough safe. And I do think he'll punish/blame himself regardless and for the rest of his life.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

@pamelado2 I agree with you, I do. But I want to point out that in this case it wasn’t “someone” who stole the guns. It was his minor child, for whom he is legally responsible for. I think that’s an important nuance.

I vehemently disagree with the comment above that a 15-year-old shouldn’t require guns to be locked up (?!). We have seen here many times that teens can and will steal guns from their parents to harm themselves or others. In this case, Logan’s dad did have the guns locked up & we don’t know the details of that so I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

Dad had the guns reasonably secured, IMO. They were locked in a safe. Someone ripped the keypad off according to reports. A terrible thing happened but I don't think the dad was careless or didn't do what a reasonable person would think is sufficient to secure the firearms. I mean, sure, he could have built an underground bunker with alarms and such to keep the guns in, but is that something a reasonable and responsible person would think necessary?

Who knows? Maybe Granny was being held in that room by LM and she ripped the key pad off to get access to the guns to defend herself, but LM got the gun away from her? IF that were the case, should Dad have known that might happen? We don't have ANY details yet of what happened in that house. I'm not saying this is what I think happened, I have no idea.

The father is currently renting out two nice homes that he owns valued at over $200,000 in the beaches area, and living in the third home he just purchased in October of last year near the intracoastal. I saw the address on the death record stating that's where he resides. The home that Kristina had just moved into before her death. I didn't know correctional officer's made that much to afford so many homes. I guess if there is rental income?

I'm sure his defense will be that it was a diabetic episode that made him demonic and lose all memory of what happened. However, I'm sure he had to search for directions to Canada and could have even searched for how to break into a gun safe. Anyone in a diabetic episode I'm sure would not go find plastic to wrap the body in and bury it. Plus, if he's delusional and lost his mind because of insulin levels, then how did he remember guns were in the home? BS defense. Logan stabbed her first and she didn't die. We don't know the lapse in time before he shot her, but he had to go to the safe, break into it and then return to finish her life with bullets. Paramedics are less than 2 miles from that house. They could have been there in the same time it took him to break into the safe, get a gun and shoot her. Had he not gotten to the guns, he would have found another way to make sure she was dead. Taking his dad's weapons to kill his dad's mother. I still don't understand why he wasn't charged with 1st degree murder.

The father is currently renting out two nice homes that he owns valued at over $200,000 in the beaches area, and living in the third home he just purchased in October of last year near the intracoastal. I saw the address on the death record stating that's where he resides. The home that Kristina had just moved into before her death. I didn't know correctional officer's made that much to afford so many homes. I guess if there is rental income?
We don't know what his financial circumstances are. He could possibly have maybe inherited money, won the lottery, be in major debt, whatever.
He isn't under investigation, right?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

We don't know what his financial circumstances are. He could possibly have maybe inherited money, won the lottery, be in major debt, whatever.
He isn't under investigation, right?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I went back and looked at the case documents and wondered why Logan has a public defender if his father owns so much property. But since Logan is being tried as an adult, then it's his wages and assets that decide if a public defender is granted and they don't put liens on his parent's property?

His mother and Logan both had made claims of the father abusing him that were dismissed after investigation.

Or could be he bought them when the home market collapsed, fixed them up just enough to rent them out and then,
the market roared back. He's probably quite handy, too. Another plus.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

His mother was brutally murdered and buried in the back yard. I have no problem with the father deciding against paying for high priced defense lawyers to free his son. I probably wouldn't do so either, and I love my son with all of my heart.

But if he ever did something like that, God Forbid, I think I would let him deal with it with public defenders too---unless of course I believed he was innocent.

His mother was brutally murdered and buried in the back yard. I have no problem with the father deciding against paying for high priced defense lawyers to free his son. I probably wouldn't do so either, and I love my son with all of my heart.

But if he ever did something like that, God Forbid, I think I would let him deal with it with public defenders too---unless of course I believed he was innocent.
Right there with you, K

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Or could be he bought them when the home market collapsed, fixed them up just enough to rent them out and then,
the market roared back. He's probably quite handy, too. Another plus.

He purchased them in 2014 and 2017, no market crash and they were close to $200,000 each and not used for years as rental property, they lived in each for a while. It's good the father's property isn't in jeopardy, as he's lost so much already.

I don't see any updates out there.
His next pretrial hearing is set for March 27.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ