GUILTY FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's just look at everything as a whole, this guy is a schemer, he hadn't been with Lonna that long, about three months. He didn't have a good connection to her, or the kids, so why would he want to marry her so fast? Maybe because they wouldn't have to testify against each other in court for the drug case? He's a possible dealer, she's only working part time, he's got kids he's having to watch while running around at night.

His ex, and kids are in hiding from him, she just brought another charge on him, while he's still under the drug charges, he's in real trouble. CB wants custody of the kids, and looking for them. He's scheming all these things, and probably trying to work them one at a time. So he knows about Haleigh, and noone's been charged, (just a thought). The only thing I can think about in not taking the little girl is she's less trouble for him. I wonder if he headed towards Satsuma. Sounds crazy, and I'm just thinking outloud, but he's a piece of work.

Re: the Haleigh thing -- I stopped following that case because it became a circus and that poor girl was barely an afterthought -- which I guess is maybe your point!

I think the whole marriage thing was a sham. I'm sure he talked a good game, but Lonna is already married and WRE has 3 kids with his ex, so why didn't they ever get married, if he was so into marriage!?

It is true that WRE and Lonna hadn't been together for very long and it is that very point, combined with what we know about his behaviour, that makes me thing she was not involved. He's tried to blame his situation on everyone around him. I strongly believe that if she was involved in anyway that he would not be trying to tell the biggest love story in the history of love stories. If he could pin even a tiny bit of this on anyone, even - or maybe especially Lonna - then he would. Absolutely.

If LE comes out and says she is involved, then I will believe them. I know it looks like I am defending her, but I don't have a dog in this fight. I just happen to think this is all him.

1:59 in the video
"I also stop at a home of Lonzi's maternal grandmother in Macclenny, where sources tell us Lonzi's mom has been staying, while we were there a truck pulled up with family members inside asked us to leave the property"

I am sorry but if I was a mother to a missing child. I would welcome whole heartily as MUCH media as possible to find my baby and keep that media around for as LONG as possible. This throws flags for me and bothers me.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/volunteers-take-up-search-for-missing-toddler/34509312

He agreed to speak with Inclan face to face. After she introduced herself, he asked if police had found Lonzie, to which she replied no and that the searches are being scaled back.

He made it a point to tell Inclan he’s not what police are saying he is and that despite what police are saying, he’s been cooperative, allowing them to search his car and apartment, and he even offered to take JSO on the same route he took the night Lonzie disappeared.

- See more at: http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/n...-face-face-interv/nnCGf/#sthash.0B0MoOnP.dpuf

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/n...exclusive-ruben-ebron-face-face-interv/nnCGf/

I'm kind of late in the game with this one, but this makes me laugh. WRE was trying to make it look like he cares about Lonzie, but he was only asking because if Lonzie is found, then he's screwed. It also tells me that LE is leaving him to sit there and sweat...they aren't keeping him updated at all.

JSO sure timed their surveillance video unveiling right...just at the same time that WRE is proclaiming what a nice guy he is, we see the footage of him running away from the faux carjacking. Well played, JSO. Well played.

IMO

I needed something to do tonight, so I transcribed the press conference. I'll put it up in more than one part.

Chief Hackney: Good afternoon everybody, we're in day 11 in our search for Lonzie Aaron Barton. We are in the process right now of working with FDLE to cancel the Amber Alert in the case involving Lonzie and let me tell you exactly why: We are now completely confident that this is not an abduction, or a stranger abduction. Listen I'm not much of a poker player, I know you're not supposed to show your hand, but today in this I'm about to do just that. And I have reasons why I want to do that.

We have reviewed a video that we found in our canvas of the area where the vehicle was recovered just minutes before the 911 call was made to police the night the reported abduction was made. Ruben Ebron explained the reason why that he did not have Lonzie was because his car was left in the parking lot of the apartment and that some unknown perpetrator stole his car and drove off with 21-month old that he had left inside. His whole story, the whole case of the abduction was hinging on that fact. Honestly, didn't really believe it a whole lot from the beginning and we had some evidence that led us to the fact that we didn't think it was. Now I'm 100% sure. It's caused me to cancel the Amber Alert and it's also caused me to want to come forward and talk a little bit about what we're doing and how we're doing it. But if RE's explanation of why he didn't have one of the two children he was with is based on the fact that the car was stolen, this house of cards that he's building begins to crumble

To my right is a picture, and this is again, just houses away from where the vehicle was recovered of his car passing by. Just a couple minutes later to my left, what you see is a video of Ruben Ebron running back towards his apartment away from the vehicle that he had left there. The clothing that you see him wearing is the very same clothing that he had on when police arrived and that he had on during the time he was in our custody and was booked into jail with.

This explanation that he had for this it tells us that he's the man with the answers. I've said this before. This lie, or fabrication, or whatever it is that you want to call it, it's been going on since 2:19 in the morning on July 24th when R called the police. I have to tell you since I'm canceling the Amber Alert and not working this as an abduction any more, we're working this as a murder case. You need to know that and Ruben needs to know that. Without some reasonable explanation from RE as to the location of this child, he needs to understand that this murder case is being built against him. That in no uncertain terms, it's him that we're looking for.

If there is some other reasonable explanation that needs to be brought forth, by RE, or somebody associated with him or knows him, now is the time to do it. That murder case is getting stronger day by day. If it was a mistake, don't continue the mistake. Do not continue that mistake by continuing to lie to us. The one thing that you can do to clear up this mistake and answer the questions that we have, is lead us to the location where that 21-month old, Lonzie, is. If you know it, share it with us.

R, you're building this house of cards with a losing hand. I'm stacking today with the truth in this case. Right now there's $13,200 in reward money offered to Crime Stoppers for anonymous information to come forward. I said it yesterday, I've said it before it doesn't matter where that comes from, it can come from his friends, it can come from his family wherever it comes from, that phone call can be made, and we'll send a team to recover that child's body. 1-866-845-TIPS is the number to call You know it, you know it's the right thing to do.

Questions:
Q: What is this, what are these images of can you describe this what we're looking at here?
A: This is from a home surveillance system in that neighborhood. Part of the detectives I mentioned, we were going back through that neighborhood looking for video we could find and we found it, and here it is. These videos show the car passing by, couple minutes later him running back by. These are just still frames. And through the PIO's office, sheriff's office we will release the actual video so you can play the video and watch it yourself.

Q: And this is after he claimed to be in the house, what's the time frame?
A: This is just minutes, just a couple minutes before the 911 call was made, so this is after around 2:10 in the morning when these videos are taken in that neighborhood. So his story of this that he was in the car, ran upstairs to take care of something, get cocaine as he's told that we've let out before. That's not true. This whole story, his whole, his whole explanation is nothing but a load of, um, but a load of lies.
Q: Is he aware you have this video, has he been shown it?
A: Something tells me probably within the next few minutes he will be
Q: Is he watching this press conference?
A: I don't know, not by us, but he's very interested in the facts of this case. I just wish he was a little more interested in sharing what he knows.
Q: Chief, how long from the time you see that car pass to the time you see him running?
A: Within a couple minutes. I don't want to go into very specifics, this is more than I really wanted to do, but I want him to know and I want the public to know that what we're basing this case on isn't conjecture. Isn't a whole bunch of detectives getting together and thinking this or thinking that, these are facts, this is him this is the clothes that he's wearing, the shoes that he's wearing. He's got the shirt he had on when he called the police in his left hand. This isn't happenstance, these are facts in the case.
Q: Why now chief. Why are you sharing this with us now, 11 days later?
A: This was, we had found this late over the weekend and had to go back and verify it. Again I've said this is a fact. I didn't want to put something out that I wasn't sure of that wasn't a fact. These are facts and you're going to be able to get the video and your viewers can watch it and the public can make their own determination.
Q: How far away is that from where the car was located and how far away are we talking about from his own house?
A: This is just a, just a couple houses away from where this was recovered and the recovery location is about six-tenths of a mile from the apartment. So he's booking it, he needs to get back to tell his lie
Q: Did the owner call you about this video, is that how you got it?
A: We discovered this through our... canvas, the detectives.
Q: You said this was now an active murder investigation. Where does that leave JSO now in terms of searching for the body and what's next for investigators?
A: Investigators will still continue to do what we're doing. We're piling through this evidence. I told you yesterday there's a mountain of things we're going through and looking through. I'm stacking the deck with the truth, like I said a second ago, and he needs to know that, his family needs to know that. Anybody he talks to needs to know that. That's why I would kinda show my hand, I show only a couple cards, but a poker has a whole lot of cards to it, not just one. What you're seeing is one.
Q: Do you know where the 5-year old was at this time?
A: I have to assume she's back at the apartment because he's not running with her, but again that's part of his fabrication.
Q: There was no one else at the apartment, so he left a five-year old to go and there was no one else in the apartment?
A: There was somebody else in the apartments, but not associated.
Q: And just to clarify, at this point in time, he claims he was sniffing cocaine.
A: Yeah, yeah. Around this time is the time he was going back up to the apartment when all this occurred prior to those 911 calls.
Q: And how far from the apartment is this?
A: This is a little less than six tenths of a mile.

Q: And they had already picked up the mother from Wacko's by now? At this point where is the mother at?
A: At this point in time mom was somewhere either at Wacko's getting a ride or on her way back.
Q: Has Lonna lied to you at all? Or any other officers throughout this entire investigation from when she left Wacko's to when she got to the scene?
A: She's been receptive to our questions. Without going into great detail, she's been there when we needed her. She gotta had a lot to go on and a lot to deal with, but I said this yesterday, if there is somebody and that includes Lonna, that's associated with this and we can prove had something to do with this, they will go to jail.
Q: Has she or Ebron been drug tested?
A: I don't know. I don't. . .
Q: When's the last time you or your detectives had contact with RE, I know that he's invoked his right.
A: The last time, I believe it's been several days. It wasn't over the weekend, I think it was toward the end of last week.
Q: To clarify, you're about to show him this video here in the coming minutes or?
A: No, I'm not gonna, I can't show him anything. I can't reach out to him. But what I can do is pass this information on to those who have contact with him. And he has fairly regular contact with his family members and others by phone and other things. I want them to pass this on, I want them to let him know what we've got.
Q: So are you trying to break him?
A: Sure. I want the truth. That's all I want. This lie that he's started, he's continued, it's just that: it's a lie. He's talked to media outlets, tried to talk with media outlets, with this ruse and this story, this narrative of what will save him, of what he thinks will save him. But he needs to know, his family needs to know. We're working that out. This is part of working that out.
Q: Is this the smoking gun or is there other stuff out there that we don't know about?
A: This could be one of the bullets in the smoking gun. We're putting a lot together. There's a lot of resources and a lot of smart minds working on this.
Q: You said it's now a murder investigation. At what point in your time line do you anticipate actually charging him. Would that involve the going to the grand jury for the indictment?
A: I want the child's body. I want the child's body to be taken back to his family to be put to rest properly. That's the right thing to do, guys. That's the big thing. That should be the rush that we're having is to recover that boy.
The rush isn't to make a murder case. I want the murder case that's being made by these men and women to be strong, which it is, and to stick.
Q: Is he the only person visible in this video?
A: Yes
Q: Any indication of what his motive might have been?
A: It's speculation, really. Is he doing this to cover this something that happened before? I mean obviously he doesn't have him,he's not running back with him in his arms. There's no frame that you'll see a 21-month old is chasing behind him. He had him, he admits that. Mom says he had him. and then he didn't. So somewhere in that middle ground, somewhere in that dash between there something happened. Without him filling that narrative in. Without Lonzie and his body, that dash is gonna be left up to a murder case.
Q: Did he have the same outfit on at the laundry mat that he has on there?
A: Part of it. Part of it.
Q: What part was missing?
A: Just a portion of it was different but most of it was the same.
Q: Do you have video of the laundry mat, too, of him there?
A: Yes
Q: What time?
A: We have the video of the time he was there. But again, covering specifics. This is about as specific as I want to get. Because if I get more specific than this or more specific than that, I'm just not gonna do it.

Q: Were you able to track his cellphone activity during this time?
A: I said before smart phones are smart, so is his.
Q: Do you think his phone was on when he was running there? Did that help in tracking?
A: Certainly doesn't hurt.
Q: Chief, when he was charged with child neglect during the investigation, he used the phrase “my child inside” “my child inside”what's that? Did you, you probably didn't do the interrogation, but was he being personal was that part of the ruse? Because my child says to me that you care about the infant. That you have a vested interest.
A: You know, it's hard to say. From hearing that and seeing some of the emotion that he had, he displayed emotion when he talked to us and he said things like that. I can't not say that he said that. And that's why I say, who knows? It could have been some mistake that happened, it could have been something more sinister. But without his narrative and again, his narrative is crumbling with this. The basis of his whole story, if I take that out, he's got no child that he's supposed to have and no explanation for where he is. His explanation is: somebody stole the car, Lonzie was in the car, I don't know. I take that away from him.
Q: Chief are there differences in clothing that you have already from where he was in these surveillance videos. We see this one here, he was wearing something different, do you have that other article of clothing?
A: We've got a surprising amount of physical evidence in a 6 hour period. And again, I've shown you one hand, the other ones may come, but they aren't coming today.
Q: Why did it take so long for this video to come out did the home-owner or the resident that lived there not have it until detectives knocked on their door and asked to see the surveillance or?
A: There were some technological issues that came up for us to get this. We have some other information from around that same time that I'm not gonna go into great detail with. This is clear and in living color and easy for us to see. That's why we want to share it. I don't not tell details to hide anything about this investigation. I'm building a good case, my detectives are building a good case. I'll share when I think I need to share.
Q: How hard is it to build a murder case without a body, without knowing clearly what happened to the child.
A: It's not easy, but then again searching 40 square miles and 61 bodies of water and 11 days worth of searching, that's not easy either. I know several hundred who are involved that are up to the task.
Q: How often have you used a tactic like this where you're trying to us what we can release in the media to put some pressure on the suspect? Unusual?
A: Maybe, I'll let you the media and the public decide that. I said before whatever we can do to recover Lonzie's body, we're about to do. This is part of what we're doing.
Q: Chief a couple of questions: are your detectives still trying to come up with a motive in this case? And RE told me today that he's offered to go with you guys to every single route that he took that night. Is that true and if so how much have you guys used him in the filed to help locate evidence?
A: I said before he was cooperative to the point of bolstering this load, is what it is. That's what he was trying to do. He just needs to come around, his family needs to understand, that what they're being told what media's being told, it's all based on this not being there. And it's there.
Q: Chief I know you searched the north side last week. Did you turn up any surveillance videos or anything there that might lead you to believe he might have been there that night?
A: I don't want to discuss that so.
Q: About the neglect charges that he's currently being held on. What are the chances of him being released or having his bond reduced without a murder charge coming before that?
A: I suppose if he's able to make bond and make that happen, we'll see. That's another piece of this. I started having references to poker and that. RE and his family needs to understand, this is no game. Those are tongue and cheek explanations,but this is no game that we're playing. This is his freedom that's in question.
Q: Have you got any indication that any member of his family does feel it's a game other than R?
A: No, I don't think so, I think these are good people who have had some things happen. Like I said before, R may have been a great guy before this night. I don't know.
Q: Did you ever close down that two hour window of your time line where you didn't know where he was? Has that got to a smaller number or is it still about two hours.
A: Thing is with this investigation it's good because things are constantly evolving and information is coming in like this. I was able to get this and verify it and make a decision to use it and things are constantly changing and they need to know that too.
Q: Can you release more specifically where the video was taken?
A: No
Q: Can you say how much contact he may or may not have had with Lonna from 8 or so when she went to Wacko's til about 2:19 when that first call came, text messages or calls?
A: I could, but I won't.

"ingra1327" -----thanks so much for transcribing the press briefing, much appreciated! and a ton of work on your part, well done.

Thank you so much Inga! My pc speakers suck so that was very handy to read through. Much appreciated.

Amazing job ingra1327!
:bow:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many thanks for transcribing.

I'd like to know who informed Lonna of Lonzie being missing? Was it a call from RE or from LE? LE assumes she got a ride home so they didn't pick her up at work. I would expect a long (continuous) call between Lonna and RE at that time, while she questions every moment.

I'll try to organise my thoughts on this but Lonna needs to put the squeeze on him NOW.

I really hope LL is not covering for RE in some way for what happened to Lonzie? I also have been wondering when was the last credible sighting of Lonzie being ok. apart from his mother? I would imagine LE know this and it is a credible scource. It is obvious now that we know from what we have heard from the video of RE running from the abandoned vehicle that it was staged to look like a carjacking.

What a difference a day makes!!!! Wow, so happy I stopped in. Wasn't going to, was very sad yesterday, but thank you so much for transcribing this.

I think Lonzie will be home soon and given a proper burial.

[video=twitter;628498209204228097]https://twitter.com/LisaRobbinsFCN/status/628498209204228097[/video]

The neighbour said he saw it running when the police pointed it out to him. here is the article from 24 July where he is quoted
http://www.news4jax.com/news/police-child-taken-during-car-theft/34330746

"John Fleming, who lives about a mile away from the complex, said he saw the car in front of his home yesterday afternoon before it started raining, but he said the car was gone by the time his son came home at 10:30 p.m. Thursday. He said he'd never seen the car in the area before.

"It started getting dark, and that car was out in front of my house, and we didn't think anything about it," Fleming said. "We thought it might have been one of the neighbors."

The Honda Civic was found by police abandoned in that same area on Cesperdes Avenue Friday morning, about 50 feet from where Fleming said he saw it the day before.

"The police showed up this morning, saying they needed to look at my home video to see if my video picked anything up," Fleming said. "We looked at all the video that was on my camera and stuff and they didn't see anything from there."

He added that initially, he didn't think anything was abnormal about the car.

"I didn’t think anything about it until they said it was still running. Once you get up closer, you can hear it. It’s a pretty quiet vehicle," Fleming said.

The car was towed away by police."

Note: this is not new. It is from an article from 24 July. Just so there isn't any confusion. :)

Does anyone here think he left the car there earlier thinking someone would report it but no one did.

Lisa Robbins ‏@LisaRobbinsFCN 3h3 hours ago

Chief Tom Hackney has a message for Lonna - Lonzie Barton's mom - LIVE at 5:30 @FCN2go #FINDLONZIE

Wonder what the message is?

"ingra1327" -----thanks so much for transcribing the press briefing, much appreciated! and a ton of work on your part, well done.
Yes THANK YOU!!! Amazing job [emoji1]

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members