Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
He just needs to talk about it, maybe. Out of nowhere comes this terrible news about someone he once knew well. He and the buddies from that time are in disbelief, calling each other and talking. Maybe he did call LE almost immediately, then this YouTube guy wants to talk to anyone who has ever know SS. And he needs to talk about it as his mind sifts and sorts and tries to make some sense of it. I remember reading "Some people talk to think and others think to talk." I'm guessing he talks to think and understand how he feels about something.
I agree. He sounded in absolute shock about what Stephan did. The caller was just relaying what he knows and he did nothing wrong from anything he relayed. I hope he is not going to be judged by the general public for that.

He just needs to talk about it, maybe. Out of nowhere comes this terrible news about someone he once knew well. He and the buddies from that time are in disbelief, calling each other and talking. Maybe he did call LE almost immediately, then this YouTube guy wants to talk to anyone who has ever know SS. And he needs to talk about it as his mind sifts and sorts and tries to make some sense of it. I remember reading "Some people talk to think and others think to talk." I'm guessing he talks to think and understand how he feels about something.
That’s how I’m feeling. I don’t think someone would lie about a story like that, esp the bit about what the IT buddy found on the shared server. All of the players can be tracked down. I think they’re all in disbelief sharing stories now, wondering what other signs they may have missed. But I do wish what they found back then had been reported. Except his buddy was bribed to stay quiet and perhaps many were afraid of who provided the $$$ to stay zipped.

Yeah broadcasting to the world you found (or at least thought you found) CSAM on your friend's device and then did nothing is definitely a 10,000 IQ move.

Maybe if it did tell, nothing would've happened to SS still, but if he did tell and SS was arrested, Maddy might still be here right now. Traumatized, but still here.
It wasn’t the caller though that found it. It was someone else and he had just heard about it from a third party.

I thought the sheriff during the presser said Madeline's backpack and computer were recovered from the dumpster and that Stephan was on video at 7:35am discarding them?

This article states Madeline’s family had been told on Thursday evening that she was likely dead, after her clothes and backpack were found in an apartment dumpster.

Another article states Video evidence shows Sterns discarding items in a dumpster at a Kissimmee apartment complex at 7:45 a.m. on Monday, which was later recovered and identified as Madeline Soto's backpack and school-issued laptop.

Has anyone else heard anything other than the laptop and backpack, or the 7:45am time vs 7:35? I suppose 10 minutes doesn't make much difference knowing the overall outcome, but it would be nice for the news sources to be consistent.
you are correct. right from Sheriff Mina follow up presser in below link: If LE changed the times, I havent seen it:
7:35am SS and the dumpster. SS returned at 8:19am to the complex and Madeline was visible in the car, believed to be dead. he stated detectives from Kissimmee PD met with the mom 'last nite' to tell her although they havent found Madeline, they feel she is deceased.

The caller said his IT friend found hidden video of roommates bathroom/bedroom, which included video of the roomate's girlfriend. They were adults. Absolutely violating and disturbing to be spied on like that, but no one was covering up child sexual assault, which I feel some are alluding to.

B.
The caller said his IT friend found hidden video of roommates bathroom/bedroom, which included video of the roomate's girlfriend. They were adults. Absolutely violating and disturbing to be spied on like that, but no one was covering up child sexual assault, which I feel some are alluding to.
in the Gray Hughes video I listened to, the caller says around the 2:00 mark there was “kid stuff as well” to quote him but he was hearing that from the friend who lived with SS at the time.

I found this map that sort of explains it, but the general gist of it, is that at more or less fourteen years old, most judges in any county in Florida would at least hear the child out.

Edit: It occurs to me, that perhaps that explains the timing. She was thirteen, a judge would most probably hear her out and even if she didn't tell the judge what was going on, she could have probably chosen to go live with her father.

2nd edit: Doe her father live anywhere near "the woods"?

Last edited:
I think a trauma response (PTSD, generalized anxiety or similar) can often present similar to autism. I don't think the mum told them to test for autism, but that the mom had noticed some behaviours that were worrying her and the one thing that Madeline screened positive for of that the doc suspected was autism.
Autism-related traits such as avoiding eye contact, blunt affect, self-soothing etc are not uncommon in trauma cases and being withdrawn is basically a given.
But Maddie’s mom said that had her tested twice. One doctor diagnosed her with ASD and the other (Dr) didn’t.

What is love to know is at what ages was Maddie tested for ASD.

Also females on the spectrum present MUCH differently than males. And for most of us (level one’s) we don’t get our diagnosis until we’re in our 20s or even (much) later in life. I’m speaking from experience here. I’m a diagnosed late in lifer ASD woman.

Edit to add: If there are any later in life ASD women here, if you feel comfortable outing yourself, I’d love to hear your thoughts and opinions.

Another poster provided a GH video last night. A friend of SS's calls in to tell what he knows about the monster. In the opening, he talks about SS working at Disney (Epicot Center-TRex) until sometime in September last year. So now you have me curious - did something happen?

There is also a statement from the friend regarding a digital file discovered on SS's network. Another rooomate at the time who was an IT guy, discovered some very interesting things. Supposedly there was a payoff from someone in SS's family, so the information wouldn't be reported to LE.

Is any of this true? The friend is pretty specific in what he states, but who knows? Many more details in the link below.

Covering up the crime of what was seen on those files?

Maybe a poor girl would not have have been violated and murdered if that file was given to police as it should have been.

But Maddie’s mom said that had her tested twice. One doctor diagnosed her with ASD and the other (Dr) didn’t.

Also females on the spectrum present MUCH differently than males. And for most of us (level one’s) we don’t get our diagnosis until we’re in our 20s or even (much) later in life. I’m speaking from experience here. I’m a diagnosed late in lifer ASD woman.

Edit to add: If there are any later in life ASD women here, if you feel comfortable outing yourself, I’d love to hear your thoughts and opinions.
I was diagnosed at 47.

I don't trust anyone taking away a twelve year old girl's diagnosis. She would have been in the prime of her masking years. In one of her interviews, Madeline's mom said had been retested a few weeks prior. MOO

I was diagnosed at 47.

I don't trust anyone taking away a twelve year old girl's diagnosis. She would have been in the prime of her masking years. In one of her interviews, Madeline's mom said had been retested a few weeks prior. MOO
Mom said Maddies last testing showed she had autistic traits but not autism. Doesn't sound like a good evaluation.

Mom said Maddies last testing showed she had autistic traits but not autism. Doesn't sound like a good evaluation.
2 doctors evaluating may not mean 2 separate evaluations.

I’m part of a team that evaluates for learning disabilities and sometimes 2 doctors/psychologists will work together on the same evaluation.

I’ve been part of thorough observations done with fidelity, where parents are told something along these lines. Children may meet or be close to meeting the criteria for ASD but some of their “symptoms” are likely better explained by ADHD (Mainly impulsivity and missed social cues due to attention ). While they may have some traits that would lead us to suspect ASD, they don’t fully fit the criteria.

I think in a few years it will all be considered the same spectrum anyway.

I found this map that sort of explains it, but the general gist of it, is that at more or less fourteen years old, most judges in any county in Florida would at least hear the child out.
I think the father would have to file/ apply for a change in custody before anything could be done. At that time she would probably be able to speak to the judge and explain why. But if she didn't speak of the SA I doubt they would move her. I wish she would have told her dad....sigh. sad she felt she couldn't tell anyone

I am assuming the autopsy has been completed by now and was wondering generally speaking, how long might it be before the results become available to the public? Are they likely to be sealed until trial to avoid prejudicing a possible jury?

How soon after autopsy results are available to LE could we expect to perhaps see murder charges against SS?

I imagine that police will have to work out when, where and how she died before they can proceed. If the autopsy has been done, are they likely to wait for a toxicology report before they charge? I believe those can take several weeks to be returned, no?

How much of the legal proceedings are likely to be public? I am not from there so any insight appreciated. Ty.

At times on Reddit, SS says “my wife and child” but also “stepdaughter” and also “GFs daughter”, even ex-GFs daughter. News said “life partner.” What was up with that relationship?

Here he is pontificating about how he wouldn’t hesitate to shoot someone who was attempting to kidnap his wife or child, and definitely wouldn’t sit around relying on police while hoping they aren’t “TOO MOLESTED or murdered.” UGH

IMG_0076.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members