Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone clarify for me? I thought mom had gone home to wait to see if Madeline showed up at home? Now, its being said the police report was filed from her Mom's office and she was waiting there, not at home? Im confused all over again.

I'm not sure how this is pushing a narrative? If Maddie was factually disabled, that is important information to include. JS also didn't write the report, LE did, and we don't necessarily know the significance of "missing disabled". Possibly it was used to indicate that Maddie was more at-risk than they might otherwise consider her.
I agree with all your assessments, she might've "pushed" the narrative in the hopes it would be taken seriously and she would have more options to alerts and such, I see this happen with adults who might be at risk or need medication. Also, I think it's worth mentioning, any child with an IEP (individualized education plan) which I imagine she did have because the different diagnosis' she has, is considered a disabled American under the law.

If it were my child with those diagnoses, you can bet I’d be pushing that “narrative” as well. I think that might be something any loving parent would do. It’s something that would get more attention from LE. imo
I agree with this just because if they already brushed me off for 3 hours, I’m dramatizing anything I can to get them to give a fk :( my vibes would already be “they aren’t taking this seriously enough”.

Police did not come out & respond to her call until 7:48 pm…so there’s where we get the 8pm claim..
I’ve always assumed the delay was on the police’s end since it’s a pretty typical occurrence. But I see pretty much everyone interpret this as “evidence” that JS had not only delayed reporting her daughter missing for hours, but also lied about calling police soon after realizing the situation around 4:30. IMO it’s just way more likely that police took a while to respond.

I agree with this just because if they already brushed me off for 3 hours, I’m dramatizing anything I can to get them to give a fk :( my vibes would already be “they aren’t taking this seriously enough”.
I'm not sitting there waiting patiently three hours. My butt is right up in the middle of that police station creating a scene. I'm so impatient and when it comes to my kids and grandkids, I go a little whacko lol

She did assert that yes, and it was based on the notion that there was a video from the church at which he dropped Maddie off at. However, it is presently unclear whether there was such a video from the church parking lot at all, or whether it showed someone else (it was said to be grainy). JS said she hadn't been allowed to see the video. She said her sister was "at location" and she said LE were telling her what they saw on the video.
Sometimes I think the information we get is sideways from presplaining.

Speculation:

For example, SS tells LE he dropped MS off at school.

LE says, that's funny, we see your car drive right past the school.

SS pivots. That's right. I just remembered I dropped her off somewhere else. She was sleeping but also somehow asked me to.

So now dropping her off by the church becomes a new version of the not-truth.

I recall another case, clearly investigated as a murder of a child but labeled missing person, where video existed of a completely unconnected boy across town, and the POI jumped on it, to deflect.

I just note that as LE investigates crimes like this, as they expose POI lies, the POIs are often quick to supply a new lie.

Swirling eddy of ugly lies here.

I applaud the fast action by LE in collecting cctv in this case. The primary PPI is apparently as dumb as he is evil and digital forensics will do him in.

JMO

WFTV CHANNEL 9 VIDEO WITH JENNIFER SOTO & STEPHAN STERNS ON 2/27/2024
(transcribed by me)
Snipped for space.

Thank you so much for that transcription. Somebody else mentioned the possibility of suicide and that hadn’t occurred to me before now but that actually could be a real possibility.

*snipped by me to keep it victim friendly*

If that were the case, that could explain SS hasty attempts to dispose of her things and factory reset his phone, realizing LE might dig into the reasons why and find the evidence on his phone. Could also explain, as others have said, why LE has not come out and said it was murder.

All speculation and OMO.

Last edited:
I would think Disabled would allow for more intensive search, getting the word out that she's missing.
I dunno, it almost downplays the severity of her being missing in this case. It means she’s likely just wandered off somewhere, as opposed to an abduction which is going to draw a massive response.

but different places handle reports of missing kids very differently.
Snipped and bolded for focus...
THIS is the problem, IMO.

Every reported missing child should be treated the same, and it should NOT take LE hours to respond or to be willing to take a report.

I don't want to sound like a Monday morning quarterback, but if I had to wait 3+ hours for someone on street duty to respond/come to me, I would have been at the station in person making a report. That is insanity, especially with a child that is not known to be a runaway.

All JMO.

This has also been said before, but I would have to agree that Maddie’s so-called “tendencies” (as stated by JS) were most likely trauma-induced. I had major trauma as a child and have “tendencies” that stem from that. Trauma literally changes your brain/body and manifests in many ways. Especially for a child that doesn’t know how to cope with what has happened and has no counsel/support from an adult.

This site could sure use a barf emoji. That post of SS's deserves one now that we know what he's done, and not once, I might add, but did multiple times to poor Maddie.

So, does that make him a bad husband/BF, bad father/step-father, and ignorant man? Me thinks yes, yes it does.
What freaks me out is that many of his posts of “advice” are sensible, reasonable and ones I would expect to hear coming from a good human being. It makes me sick to know the level of deceit that some people are capable of.

If it were my child with those diagnoses, you can bet I’d be pushing that “narrative” as well. I think that might be something any loving parent would do. It’s something that would get more attention from LE. imo
Sure. I can see how as a parent you'd want to point out if the child was considered more at risk for whatever reason. I am only highlighting it here because mom seemed to mention the autism/adhd diagnosis randomly during her interview with the media. It wasn't asked. I can see how it could come up in conversation - or why it would be important to mention. Maybe with more context it would not feel like a "narrative" to me - and she may have given more context to LE just not to us via the media and she is not required to. I just hope she did whatever she felt she needed to do in order to get police working on the case, and that any questions about her level of honesty are more related to her being extremely stressed and scared for Maddie than any possible attempt at a cover up on her part on behalf of someone else or herself.

Can someone clarify for me? I thought mom had gone home to wait to see if Madeline showed up at home? Now, its being said the police report was filed from her Mom's office and she was waiting there, not at home? Im confused all over again.
But then why wait at Gran's office if she later was waiting at home in case Maddie came home? Why not have the police meet her at her house?

I don't want to sound like a Monday morning quarterback, but if I had to wait 3+ hours for someone on street duty to respond/come to me, I would have been at the station in person making a report. That is insanity, especially with a child that is not known to be a runaway.

All JMO.
Except, you wouldn’t be able to by the time you realized they’re taking 3 hours. Because she reported her missing at 4:43pm, and Kissimmee police station closes at 5pm :/

Why not phone the school ,if it was not possible to physically enter ,the moment that it was clear Maddie had not appeared to be collected. I would want the school to search the bathrooms or anywhere Maddie could be in the school. I would want to know how if she left with friends or any other information school could give.
Did LE know in the phone call that Maddie had not been in school that day?

Snipped for space.

Thank you so much for that transcription. Somebody else mentioned the possibility of suicide and that hadn’t occurred to me before now but that actually could be a real possibility.

*snipped by me to keep it victim friendly*

If that were the case, that could explain SS hasty attempts to dispose of her things and factory reset his phone, realizing LE might dig into the reasons why and find the evidence on his phone. Could also explain, as others have said, why LE has not come out and said it was murder.

All speculation and OMO.
I wonder if that statement about her wanting to live in the woods to her friends was a subtle hint that she didn't plan to be with them past her 13th? Maybe she really did suicide and then there was panic for SS about what they might investigate and find on his device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74