Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to admit, 99% of the time I do not agree with Gov. Ron DeSantis at the state level or federal level...however, I think suspending State Attorney Monique Worrell was the right move. Out of curiosity, I looked up the new State Attorney, Andrew Bain, who signed off on the 36-page document released today and I feel hopeful about the outcome of SS's prosecution and conviction. Worrell's habit of allowing violent offenders, drug traffickers, and pedophiles to avoid mandatory minimums, charges, incarceration, and sentencing enhancements is inexcusable.

No doubt, Bain must be acutely aware of the public outrage about MS's death and the expectation that SS will be held accountable...hence the hard work and additional charges we're now aware of today. Bain has quite the task on his hands to reform the SA's office in several ways, but I think this is a great precedence-setting case to prove he's capable of such. I'm not so sure Worrell would have the same initiative to be exceedingly thorough, or that she would have appropriately charged SS with the 60 additional charges.

I also found it interesting that the Asst. State Attorney, Danielle Marie Pinell prosecuted the Todt family murder case.

Recapping as that list of charges is too long to count.

Stephan Sterns, the boyfriend of Soto's mother, has now been charged with:
  • Eight counts of sexual battery on a child under 12.
  • Five counts of sexual battery with a child 12-18.
  • Seven counts of lewd and lascivious molestation.
  • 40 counts of unlawful possession of materials depicting sexual performance by a child, 10 or more images.

Here's the actual phrasing:

My interpretation was that from 7/2/2019 to 2/26/2024 he was known to possess 10+ images of CSAM because 2/26/2024 was the date the images were found on his phone. Those might be images that were not produced with that phone, so they don't know when the images were knowingly possessed, other than after they were produced (7/2/2019) and before they were discovered (2/26/2024).

LE did not inform JS that they were confident MS was dead until the night of 2/29/2024 and did not inform the public until 3/1/2024, so I'd be shocked if they knew by 2/26/2024.

Also, I've uploaded the Information to Scribd: https://www.scribd.com/document/712...hael-Sterns-docket-Information-2024-CF-000632
I would think it is possible that LE took possession of SS's phone on 2/26, so that would have been the last date it was in "his posession"?

JMO

I have to admit, 99% of the time I do not agree with Gov. Ron DeSantis at the state level or federal level...however, I think suspending State Attorney Monique Worrell was the right move. Out of curiosity, I looked up the new State Attorney, Andrew Bain, who signed off on the 36-page document released today and I feel hopeful about the outcome of SS's prosecution and conviction. Worrell's habit of allowing violent offenders, drug traffickers, and pedophiles to avoid mandatory minimums, charges, incarceration, and sentencing enhancements is inexcusable.

No doubt, Bain must be acutely aware of the public outrage about MS's death and the expectation that SS will be held accountable...hence the hard work and additional charges we're now aware of today. Bain has quite the task on his hands to reform the SA's office in several ways, but I think this is a great precedence-setting case to prove he's capable of such. I'm not so sure Worrell would have the same initiative to be exceedingly thorough, or that she would have appropriately charged SS with the 60 additional charges.

I also found it interesting that the Asst. State Attorney, Danielle Marie Pinell prosecuted the Todt family murder case.
Thanks for this Florida fresh squeez. Very useful local context info there . It does seem like the prosecution is being very thorough and share the public outrage

This might be a dumb question, but why is her name redacted if a) she’s no longer alive and b) there are other court official documents that show her name?

I can't comprehend that Maddie wouldn't tell her dad across four years during the summer trips . The only way this is possible is if she had no clue what normalcy was during the ten months a year with her mother
It's more complex then that. There is alot of emotions like shame and guilt that could come in the play. Maybe he even threatened her to hurt someone she loved if she would tell someone.

JMO

MOO I would assume most crimes were not documented.
Worrell's habit of allowing violent offenders, drug traffickers, and pedophiles to avoid mandatory minimums, charges, incarceration, and sentencing enhancements is inexcusable.
I am not familiar with this Worrell person, but I'm also not Floridian. I would like to learn more about this interesting individual who apparently wants to be lenient with sex predators.
This might be a dumb question, but why is her name redacted if a) she’s no longer alive and b) there are other court official documents that show her name?
Maybe because she was a minor, perhaps?

Has anyone managed to view that new 36-page document? The poor Osceola clerk’s site is overwhelmed.
Yes, it's a whole bunch of what he did to her.

Penis to vag, mouth, finger to vag, penis in anus. Seems her mouth was his favorite way. :(

With that said... I can't imagine having all that sexual activity while HOLDING a recording device. This leads me to believe he either had hidden recording device(s) somewhere in her room*, aimed at her bed, OR he'd bring them in and set them up before proceeding, which I REALLY REALLY doubt he'd do. Set them up once and done, IMO. Plus, this gives him the ability to peep on the poor child when she's unaware he's doing so. Nasty excuse for a human being.

*which he's done before according to ex-friends interviews.

I can't comprehend that Maddie wouldn't tell her dad across four years during the summer trips . The only way this is possible is if she had no clue what normalcy was during the ten months a year with her mother
There are probably numerous reasons. He could have threatened her with unthinkable consequences if she told anyone. I am sure in school Madeline learnt about keeping safe and to report any worries ,unfortunately the children who really need to report something are too scared to do so.

It's more complex then that. There is alot of emotions like shame and guilt that could come in the play. Maybe he even threatened her to hurt someone she loved if she would tell someone.

JMO
This is what I was thinking too. Of course I still believe that. I just don't believe it was just SS anymore acting alone , something changed today for me when I read the 60 charges.

Here's the actual phrasing:

My interpretation was that from 7/2/2019 to 2/26/2024 he was known to possess 10+ images of CSAM because 2/26/2024 was the date the images were found on his phone. Those might be images that were not produced with that phone, so they don't know when the images were knowingly possessed, other than after they were produced (7/2/2019) and before they were discovered (2/26/2024).

LE did not inform JS that they were confident MS was dead until the night of 2/29/2024 and did not inform the public until 3/1/2024, so I'd be shocked if they knew by 2/26/2024.

Also, I've uploaded the Information to Scribd: https://www.scribd.com/document/712...hael-Sterns-docket-Information-2024-CF-000632
Ah, okay so it wasn’t necessarily something dated Feb 26, thank you for clarifying.

Because all the sites are overwhelmed right now, I will summarize the evidence in the Information doc released by the clerk today (WARNING: THIS IS GRAPHIC) but this does not detail the CSAM charges, just the battery abuse dates, as the others are spans.

Mods, please delete if not allowed.

View attachment 489976
If the dates have been determined based on image metadata, the gap between 2019 and 2022 is curious. It suggests that perhaps the 2019 evidence made its way from an older device onto a newer phone (which I suspect was obtained in 2022, but that’s just a guess). MOO.

It seems highly unlikely that monster never violated MS or recorded himself doing so between 2019 and 2022. (MOO again).

LE already has enough to throw the book at SS even without evidence of anything happening in 2020-2021, but the sheer scope of what poor MS suffered is so awful there almost aren’t words.

So presume JS told LE she didn't know or she would be arrested right ? Can't be arrested for neglect if there were 20 plus different dates from age 8 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colleenx